Jetstar Pacific

Jetstar Pacific customer review

Over the last 2 weeks in Vietnam we have had 5 domestic flights with Jetstar and all of them have been delayed by 3-5 hours. Jetstar don't send updates the staff couldn't care less and as a result you are left spending hours in the uncomfortable departure lounge that has very limited food options and not enough seats. We have wasted 2 days of our precious holiday because of this airlines incompetence. This is particularly frustrating when you have young kids. One of our flights was delayed from the reasonable departure time of 4pm to 8.55pm! Their nickname in Vietnam is "Delay Star". Wish we had booked Vietnam Airlines instead. Do yourself a favour even if Jetstar is cheaper don't use them. You will be very disappointed. Do not book connecting flights as you will not make the connection.

Jetstar Pacific customer review

When booking a one way flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi I went with JetStar Pacific because I've flown with Jetstar Asia multiple times and had a satisfactory experience and it was slightly cheaper than VietJet. Let's get this straight JetStar Pacific is not JetStar Airlines. It's a partner airline that was given the JetStar name so that they could have domestic flights in Vietnam. In this case JetStar should seriously consider severing ties as this is a determent to their brand. If you check online they have flights from HCM and HAN up to 7 times a day. I thought "Wow they must be doing brisk business." I was wrong. One week before I received an email saying that my flight was cancelled and they put us a flight 2 hours before I wanted to depart. I was fine with that even thought we'd have to get up earlier for our 2 hour trek to the airport from the village. But on the way to the airport I get another email saying that our flight was delayed 6 hours. When we arrived they told us it was a "technical" issue. We were told that there were no earlier flights. While waiting at the boarding area (they only have 1 dedicated gate) we found that they were boarding a flight for HAN. My mom asked why we weren't put on that flight and they said those customers had been waiting since 6am that morning (5+) hours for their flight. We weren't offered any food or drink. My mom had to ask for food vouchers which provided us with a sandwich. As the time got closer to our supposed time of departure there were no agents at the gate no announcement made of further delays and no further emails. When flight attendants for JetStar showed up for different flight they were immediately accosted by several riled passengers. They were perfectly nice and one attendant looked up on his phone and found that we were delayed another 1 hour (this is not published on their website so it was an internal source). So by the time we boarded the plane it was past 7pm. Let's check the math. By 7pm they managed to get off the ground 2 of the 7 flights they published. Passengers that day had more than a 70% chance of their flight being delayed/cancelled. I have a real suspicion that this was really them trying to get more people on a plane to save costs. If this is their business model it's not a good one since they've lost any future business from me and anyone who flew that day.

Jetstar Pacific customer review

After reading all of the reviews warning us of delays and cancelled flights we opted to fly Jetstar Pacific from HCM to DaNang fully aware of the ramifications for our actions. The price was too good to resist and we couldn't see the point of paying triple that with Vietnam Airlines. Check in was a slight issue with flights being cancelled left right and centre. The poor staff did their best to deal with an array of angry and difficult customers - but what do you expect for the money you paid? Our flight was delayed 10 hours but staff were lovely and moved us to an earlier flight so we only had to wait 5 hours. In saying this we noticed all of the Vietnam Airlines flights were delayed as well due to weather or late aircraft's. I was happy we hadn't paid an excessive amount to still be sitting around at the airport. If you want to fly out of HCM I would recommend Jetstar for their excellent prices. However next time I would opt to get the bus and avoid delays altogether!

Jetstar Pacific customer review

Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon). Booked online for 2 adults and one lap infant had to click a few extra smaller links to add only one checked bag for one passenger (as opposed to a package deal or the same weight bag for all passengers). Arrived 2 hours early at the check-in counter and we got served immediately. Flight wasn't full so we had the 3rd seat in our row to ourselves. Seats barely fit my 5'10" (178cm) body. Expected it though. Cost 5 times less than Vietnam Airlines. Very friendly flight crew.

Jetstar Pacific customer review

Flying from HCM to DaNang on 19th April 2014 and then returning on 24th. Both sectors were late the last by an hour on the first I had no tray table it was gone and as for contact in HCM on another matter I was given 5 different phone numbers all of which passed me on to another.

(Vietnam)

I would definitely avoid Jetstar. At the last minute the flight which was supposed to leave at 14.30 for Da Nang was rescheduled to leave at 19.05. Once the announcement had been made we were given a voucher for food and drink at one of the snack bars in the departure lounge. We took the voucher to the snack bar - only to be told that it did not include coffee. We returned to the Jetstar check in desk - only to find there was nobody from Jetstar around. We kept checking and there were no Jetstar representatives in the departure lounge from the time of the announced delay to the time of the eventual boarding time of 19.50. To make matters worse the return flight was also delayed. It was due to leave at 16.15 then an announcement was made informing us that the new departure time was 16.30. 16.30 came and went. No departure and again nobody from Jetstar around. We eventually took off around 17.00. I know this is much better than the previously mentioned delay but it's still a delay with no representatives of the company and no information. I realise that Jetstar is a budget airline but this is completely unacceptable and we will not be travelling with Jetstar again.

Jetstar Pacific customer review

Tried Jetstar Pacific for the first time on a return flight between Ho Chi Minh and Nha Trang half hour late leaving Ho Chi Minh and 2 hours late returning from Nha Trang. An email was sent 1hr before check-in which I couldn't check as we had already checked out of our hotel (no wifi) so didn't find out until we reached the check-in counter. Not a very organised airline at all. But then you do get what you pay for mind you we did pay extra to choose our seats! I'll definitely be paying more if need be to avoid using this airline in the future.

(Thailand)

I traveled on BL795 from Hanoi to HCMC in November 2013. The bus used to transfer us to the plane was rusty. The plane itself extremely dirty with black fingerprints at the overhead compartments. The ground crew were everything but not friendly. Having the cleanliness of the plane in mind I refrained from trying the food. A good decision. Same stir sticks that couldn't resist the force of gravity have just been picked up from the cabin carpet and put back on the trolley to the clean sticks. Generally spoken I never had such a bad experience with any other airline until now. First flight with that airline and they made it directly on my personal blacklist.
Value For Money N/A

(Denmark)

Made the mistake of booking a flight with Jetstar Pacific. Never again. Schedule was changed but no information sent. Only after I asked about the schedule change did BL inform me. They claim they advise the customers in a timely manner. I think they should have that little respect and advise of changes to the schedule ASAP. And who are they to decide what a timely manner is? I booked bulk head seats row 1 and paid the fee for this. At check in we couldn't get these seats as two travelers were too old. This was not and is as of today not in the T&C's. So Jetstar took our money but denied to deliver the service paid for. The aircraft was dirty and clearly not cleaned after the previous flight. Pretty disgusting appearance in fact. Seating was extremely tight. Wouldn't have been if we had gotten the seats we had paid for! The cabin crew seemed indifferent but to be fair I think they were really busy. Next time I will avoid Jetstar pacific by all means. I'd rather pay a tiny bit extra and fly VN. It just happened to be that Jetstars original schedule suited us better. Next time I will wait and fly a real airline!

Jetstar Pacific customer review

Arrived at Ho Chi Minh Airport to be told that my flight to Hoi An was delayed from 1.10pm to 6.20pm. The reason given was 'technical'. Offered no food or drink vouchers for the delay although I later found out that somebody else had. Eventually boarded at 5.50pm and were in the buses ready to go the plane then asked to get off as there was a problem. We all had to file back into the airport where we waited for another 30 minutes before boarding again. On the plus side must say one staff member on the aircraft was kind and gave me a bottle of his own water. I should add that if there is a technical problem with a plane then I am happy to wait until it is fixed but I wonder if the original problem with this plane was technical (somebody else had been told it was 'operational') and if it was why didn't they spot the problem with the wheel earlier when carrying out technical checks? Relieved that my return trip to Ho Chi Min does not connect with an international flight. I fly out of Vietnam two days later thankfully.
Seat Comfort N/A