French Bee

"told the test would be free"

Not Verified | The staff had no idea that presenting a Covid recovery letter with a positive test would exempt us from having to take a Covid test before returning to the US. They delayed us until 20 minutes before luggage check in was closed, and forced us to take a test anyway because we did not have a QR code to scan. I was told the test would be free - it was not. When I presented a receipt to them 2 minutes before check in closed, they asked "why would it be free?". Initially rude, they wasted my time and money and acted like I was in the wrong for being visibly frustrated.
RouteParis-Orly to Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"I couldn't have asked for more!"

Trip Verified | Based on all the reviews, I was prepared for the worst. Being a regular Spirit customer, my bar for airlines is extremely low. But, they had real seat-back pockets, their seats reclined and were actually very comfortable, they had free movies, nice attendants, a free (mediocre) meal, clean bathrooms. I couldn't have asked for more! Got me from A to B without making me feel like cattle.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2021

"It’s impressively awful"

Not Verified | Never understood how bad low cost airlines can be until I flew with French bee. It’s impressively awful. None of my other experiences have nearly been as bad. The staff were pretty bad. Like I wave my arms and scream to get their attention and they somehow miss me from 2 feet away. I asked for water when they were walking around with the beverages but they walked right by me all 3 times out of 3. They push the cart right through at least 10 rows of seats. Once they were walking by with the beverage cart and went through 20 rows of seats until they decided to randomly stop. I assumed they’d return but they did not. The luggage was delayed by 2 hours. The check in process was a nightmare. Especially when I’m on vacation, I try to be understanding but some aspects were just avoidable. Delays happen, that’s ok, but some issues were just, unnecessary, unprofessional and below the lowest standards.
RouteParis to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2021

"You get what you pay for"

Not Verified | Cancelled my flight, automatically put me on another flight 1 day later, very difficult to reach customer service to understand why and how to change the flight / get my money back. You get what you pay for. Very unreliable, cheap, poor quality service. Might be worth it if you're on a strict budget and have very flexible dates, but even then I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.
RouteNewark to Paris Orly
Date FlownJuly 2021

"low quality service"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Paris. Low price and low quality service. I pay for food in the flight and for nice seats but they dont find on the system, so I don’t have food in a almost 12 hours flight. Thanks for the experience French Bee.
RouteSan Francisco to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2019

"a mistake at Edreams"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Papeete to Paris via San Francisco on Edreams. They proceeded to the reservation on French Bee. When I arrived at Papeete airport, I was asked to collect my luggage in San Francisco. This was something I could not do, as there was only two hours of transit time. I tried everything, I stressed all the people in the customs line to try to arrive on time, finally I missed the flight to Paris. In San Francisco put me back on the next flight to Paris (2 days later). I asked them to book me a hotel which was refused because for them it was a mistake at Edreams. They left me without a solution. I had some money and I was able to book a hotel (end of holidays=limited budget). When I came back, I tried everything to recover the hotel and restaurant expenses.
RoutePapeete to Paris via San Francisco
Date FlownNovember 2019

"everything was exceptional"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Paris to San Francisco. After reading negative reviews after I had already booked my ticket, I was bracing for the worst, but to my surprise, everything was exceptional and trouble free. Check in and boarding was fast and efficient. The plane was brand new. The food was good, there was even a baguette instead of the usual roll. I was seated in the last row but the seat reclined all the way, first time I’ve ever seen that. The inflight entertainment was similar to other long haul flights, a selection of new releases along with some older movies. I’m not a tall person but there seemed to be a lot of legroom, more than discount carriers for sure, it seemed the same amount of space as a major carrier. I was surprised to read that others said the seats were tight, it all seemed fairly roomy. Maybe my plane was different? Anyway, I’d totally fly French Bee again, such a good value! I’ve been on over 50 flights the last five years, and I would say this was in the top 5 for sure.
AircraftA350-900
RouteParis to San Francisco
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff is super nice"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Papeete. I've flown on French Bee 10 times now and it was always perfect. Aircraft is brand new, seats go very far back, staff is super nice. Movie selection is awesome. Check in in Tahiti was very long.
RouteSan Francisco to Papeete
Date FlownDecember 2019

"misleading commercial practices"

Trip Verified | Paris to San Francisco. French Bee is the worst. I have nothing to say about their cabin staff services, they are very professional and it is like any other Economy Class type of flight: long and tiring for everyone. My only problem with FrenchBee is with their customer service: I suggest you never have to make a modification on your flight: FrenchBee will take your money and send you a confirmation, then later cancel your confirmation and tell you that you have to pay for another flight (if you're lucky to see that they canceled your reservation.) I do not recommend you to fly with them, their unfair and misleading commercial practices is something that should not be allowed anywhere in the world.
RouteParis to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Very nice crew"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Paris. Got to the Airport 3 hours early and when the counter opened I checked my bag and even though a little over on weight said it was not a problem. The seating was tight but not nasty small. ( I'm 5'11" and weigh 210lbs). Plane was new and clean with no nasty odors. All seats had a small blue blanket in plastic packaging. the inflight entertainment was good with menu choices from using your laptop/phone to output video on your screen to cameras on the nose and tail to see where you are going, to a choice of about 30 movies plus a few TV programs. Still not too shabby for the $180.00 seat price. You also can order duty free stuff and also munchies from the video screen menu - chips are 2 EU, and you can buy 2 small bottles of jack Daniels and 2 chips for 10.00 but no different from other airlines these days! The flight was good and bathrooms were clean. The Cabin crew spoke mostly French but were fine.. by the end of 11 hours the seats were feeling a little bit hard. Just keep in mind that I think most folks miss, especially those who have flown to Europe before, this is not a $2000 flight. It's basically a nice clean seat on a bus. Bring snacks or a sandwich with you along with a neck pillow. I even had the chance to talk to the flight crew including the pilot who was from Madrid. Very nice crew.
RouteSan Francisco to Paris