Finnair

"Not the standard you are expecting in business class"

Trip Verified | Aircraft with the updated Finnair interior. Looks nice and clean. Typical Scandinavian. Only downside is that you can't recline the seat back. So either sit upright or go to sleep. Toilets hasn't been changed. Flying from Doha with another airline is different. One example : Finnair can't serve champagne in business class until the plane is in the air! Breakfast - thought I sat in economy. Got it all on a plastic tray, rock hard cold bread wrapped in cellophane. Omelette was good but needed salt and pepper. That was not on the tray and came in a sachet after asking. Not at all the standard you are expecting in business class! Internet: business class is offered 1 hr for free but you can only use this on one platform. So think before you register which platform you would like to use.
AircraftA330-302
RouteDoha to Stockholm
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I slept most of the way"

Trip Verified | Business class was the old style seats but I found them comfortable and functional. The service was good and not overly familiar. The food was very good and the wines okay. At least there was a camera operating and the navigation system was okay. This was a very good flight and I slept most of the way.
RouteTokyo to Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2022

"disappointed and would not recommend"

Trip Verified | In December of 2021 I booked flights to Finland and Norway from Los Angeles. Sadly, COVID restrictions at the time had caused going to Norway to be problematic for US travelers; we would have had to quarantine for the trip and not travel the country, even with vaccination and boosters and negative tests. Finland was fine, but Norway was not. The trip would have been wasted. That said, I emailed and tried repeatedly and in multiple formats to get my flights edited well within the 24 hours that is required Finnair. I found that: 1. Finnair would not answer their chat bar, so I could not have cancelled or changed on time since no one responded. 2. Finnair did not respond to web messages, so I could not have cancelled or changed on time since no one responded. 3. The Finnair CEO confessed via mass email that the company had been non responsive, so I could not have cancelled or changed on time since no one responded. 4. I went to the airport to try to get the Finnair airport service desk to help – no one was there, so I could not have cancelled or changed on time since no one responded. 5. Finnair’s change policy states “in case you would like to cancel your booking, a refund will be according to the original ticket rules.” This was obsolete since no one called, emailed, or messaged back. Great companies take pride in great customer service. I am looking for Finnair to take some pride here and address these aforementioned issues with me, and they have not. Extremely disappointed and would not recommend.
RouteLos Angeles to Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"treats customers with utter contempt"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Oneworld Emerald on full J class fare. Allocated 1A by a oneworld Concierge service. Finnair then change that to 5D. Window wanted so move to 11A, then shunted to 11D. Even for the most senior Oneworld emeralds this airline utterly ignores and overrides seat allocations and is totally untrustworthy. The A350 was unchanged over several days and was operated by the same aircraft as planned, yet it was always 'change of equipment' excuses, which is a lie. Since August the on board catering has tanked (now really awful) and the cleaning seems to have stopped too (crumbs and filth all over the seat). Finnair treats customers with utter contempt.
AircraftA350-900
RouteLondon Heathrow to Helsinki

"rudeness on the ground!

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Rude and unhelpful airport personnel, paid for Wi-Fi and it didn’t work except for a few minutes at a time followed by hours of it not working. Food was good, and was impressed by the entertainment system, and cabin crew was nice. But will not fly with them again because of their rudeness on the ground.
RouteOslo to Dallas Ft Worth via Helsinki

"Terrible customer service"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Avoid at all costs. Terrible customer service. There is e reason why they are cheaper then other airlines. They ruined our dream vacation. Avoid at all costs
RouteTallinn to Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2022

"the worst flight I ever had"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | I was flying alone to Singapore with my six month old and after changing for a bassinet for weeks before our flight I was told in the end that I couldn’t get it. I was forced to hold him for 14 hours straight and of course he was so tired by the end of that flight and so was I. Every step of the processes they kept palming me off from one person to the other and I never got a seat. They prioritised their member customers. I was so disappointed by their absolute incompetence of the customer service that I ended up breaking down on the flight and the flight attendants tried helping me, and agreed to send in a complaint themselves. Safe to say was the worst flight I ever had!
RouteCopenhagen to Singapore via Helsinki

"Highly not recommended"

Not Verified | Highly not recommended. The seats are smaller in comparison with other airlines. The staff doing check-in at Helsinki airport are very rude, not polite and completely unprofessional (I talked to a supervisor who refused to give her full name). The airline doesn't offer HALAL meals from Singapore to Helsinki and vice versa although HALAL food is available every where I visited in Finland.
RouteSingapore to Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2022

"refusing to pay my money back"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I flew Finnair from Stockholm to Lisbon via Helsinki in business class. The trip was a total nightmare which hasn’t really ended. Finnair took in another airline (DAT) to fly us back from Lisbon. DAT couldn’t take in my dog in the hold which meant I couldn’t board the plane. It was in the middle of summer with all flights fully booked. I managed to book myself on a TAP Air Portugal which cost a fortune on short notice. Finnair has agreed to compensate me for that ticket but only with a gift card on Finnair. I’ve contacted them a million times but they’re ghosting me refusing to pay my money back. It is extremely frustrating. I’m a gold card holder and I use to fly Finnair all the time. I can’t believe they can treat me like this.
RouteStockholm to Lisbon via Helsinki
Date FlownJune 2022

"Non responsive customer service"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | I am still waiting for my points for a flight from two months ago. It was a cross continental flight worth 2700 EUR. Those of us who live in Finland choose Finnair even though it's typically twice the price of Lufthansa or KLM, but we do it for tier benefits and because our companies typically allow it and don't mind the high prices. But then this is the reality. Two months and about 8 emails back and forth with their customer service and I only have points for 2 legs of the flight of 4 in total. Non responsive (or rather non existent) customer service, talking to a different person every time, being re-directed to other departments etc etc. I filed an official complaint on their website now and guess what: after clicking 'submit' the screen is stuck on the 'creating your case' window. Very Finnair. They don't have any proper customer service. It has always been an airline that charges premium prices but the service has always been questionable. In the past few years it has become just non existent. Just imagine, if those of us who have Gold status and have a special email we can reach out to, if we can' get any service, then I can't imagine what it's like for regular travellers. It is so frustrating. They take advantage of Finnish people and charge insane prices. And OK, we can even accept that, but that you then don't even get the benefits is really, I don't know. For instance, the gold level awards you 4 business class upgrades. But they will almost never allow you to cash those in. If there are available business class seats, you can buy them, but if you want to cash your upgrade in then the answer is no, no availability. I've had gold for many years and there have been years like the last one when they would simply go to waste, not used. They just don't allow it.
RouteChicago to Helsinki