Finnair

"staff were very rude and unsupportive"

Trip Verified | This has been one of my worst flying experience in many years. Me and my wife had cabin baggage 20 and 24 Kg respectively (23 Kg per person was allowed), most airlines would try to help and understand that it is group check-in and in totality it is under the limit but they were very adamant and rude. I had to go back and forth from Finnair so they did not get a chance to spoil the end part of my vacation. We were returning from Finland and there were some disagreements between me and person sitting ahead of me, instead of helping to resolve the problem, staff said you need to resolve it by yourself. In total I had 4 flights through Finnair in this vacation and in most parts staff were very rude and unsupportive.
RouteMumbai to Finland
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"will randomly downgrade you"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | During our flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong, Finnair downgraded our return flight from business to economy right at the boarding gate without any valid reason and advance notice. The manager came and said “That’s all we can offer, refund will be made to you after”. Such a terrible customer service, we complained afterwards but Finnair didn’t offer any compensation apart from the standard refund. They said we were the randomly chosen to be downgraded from business to economy class due to the change of aircraft in the last min. Reality I checked was they oversold their tickets and asking their customer to suffer. For those of you reading this, don’t travel with Finnair in business class. They will randomly downgrade you.
RouteLondon to Hong Kong via Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2022

"lounge in Helsinki was disgusting"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Worse airline in business class. They didn't send my requested food for all passengers. They booked me on a flexible fare on return trip and while cancellation they don't want to refund the whole amount. The lounge in Helsinki was disgusting (no food options and very slow bar). The A350 cabin from Helsinki - Delhi was an old tattered plane with dirty seats and very uncomfortable shape of seats. Definitely not worth the money for business class. Finnair doesn't understand luxury at any level. The response from team is quite sad and what they do to satisfy any consumer is useless. Rather avoid specially if you are traveling with family or used to a bit of convenience and paying for comfort.
RouteWarsaw to Delhi via Helsinki

"attentive staff"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Finnair has the most modern equipment and attentive staff. The small details make the experience. Keeping the seats free of trash, not leaving me thirsty.
RouteDoha to Helsinki

Finnair customer review

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I wish to compliment the flight attendant, Nina, who was on my Finnair flight from Stockholm to Doha. She provided excellent, conscientious service with a smile. Her warm and welcoming attitude throughout the flight was commendable and impressive. I really enjoyed my flight due to the wonderful service of not only Nina, but all flight attendants who saw to me during the flight.
AircraftA330-300
RouteStockholm to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"thrilled to receive the seat upgrade"

Trip Verified | This was my first experience flying Finnair and it was great. The flight was originally booked on Lufthansa however the aircraft was from Finnair and the crew from Eurowings. I paid to upgrade to Premium Economy however the aircraft did not have a Premium Economy designated area so they moved me to a Business Class seat, the meal and service was of Premium Economy, however I was thrilled to receive the seat upgrade. The crew was pleasant and very efficient and this 8 hour flight was indeed perfect.
AircraftA350-941
RouteFrankfurt to Philadelphia

"customer service non-existent"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Terrible food, customer service non-existent. Will never fly Finnair again. Cheap company's outlook has led to dissappearing care for their customers. Overall staff didnt care about the passengers. Moreover, the last connecting flight was a complete disaster, 1hr was definitely not enough for the layover (they have changed our tickets a month before and assured that the gates will be close) as we had to run to other gates for 15min on the final call. Coming onboard, being the passengers (about 20-30 of us) coming in from BKK were the last to board, there was no space for our carry on, while the staff allowed their "own people" (they were talking in finnish) to stow their little bags and winter wears. Will definitely look for Turkish, Qatar or Etihad even if its more expensive
RouteBangkok to Vilnius via Helsinki
Date FlownNovember 2022

"worst food I ever had on airplane"

(China)

Trip Verified | They serve worst food I ever had on airplane. Little portion of something horrible looking. Also offering couple of options of soft drinks, rest you have to purchase. Advice : prepare your own meal to take with you.
RouteHong Kong to Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I had a pleasant experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | After several disappointing flights with Finnair, I had a pleasant experience from BKK to HEL. The cabin crew was absolutely fabulous which made this long daytime flight really nice. The new cabin is fine but suits better for night flights but still ok. The food was good but I really wish they will ho back to serve appetisers separately and not on one tray. Toilets were kept clean frequently.
RouteBangkok to Helsinki
Date FlownNovember 2022

"worst airline I have flown in business class"

Trip Verified | $1500 one way from Bangkok to Barcelona. The worst airline I have flown in business class. 13 hour flight (first leg Bangkok to Helsinki) a light breakfast. First 2 hours after departure then no food for 8 hours - between we had peanuts, terrible! I had to purchase WiFi for $7 for one hour on business class and was not working 1/2 of the time. Service on board was nonexistent. No flight attendant brought glass of water for hours, no choice in meal. I am allergic to sea food and had only 1/2 lunch because the other 1/2 was crab. Flight from Helsinki to Barcelona 4 hours and no TV.
RouteBangkok to Barcelona via Helsinki