Finnair

"no refunds on seat assignments"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by the airline. I needed to call them to rebook my flight. I had paid for a seat assignment. Not a great amount ($33) but when I had to rebook because of their cancellation, they would not give me a refund or credit for the seat assignment?! They said no refunds on seat assignments? I asked multiple of their staff, who said they could not help me and finally I decided to try Finnair's web site, complaints. The same template response. "Seat assignments are not refundable". The flight I ended up taking was good, but amazing a small thing like this to resolve should have been a non issue!!
RouteLos Angeles to Stockholm

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They lost my bag but the worst part started after that. No news about where is my bag - 30 days have passed. No one helps. No one read emails. No one picks up the phone. No one responds to the reports filed (3 filed so far).
RouteChicago to Copenhagen via Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I will never fly Finnair again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly Finnair again. After a three hour delay made me miss my connecting flight, they rebooked me on a flight without giving me a boarding pass and which I could not print from a kiosk, forcing me to wait in a long line which caused me to miss the final flight of the day. While many others on my flight got hotel vouchers, I slept (or didn’t sleep, rather) overnight in the airport, as there was no desk or representative to offer me any options, and no support lines open. Now they are refusing to offer me any compensation because the combination of factors that led to the three hour delay frees them of responsibility. So infuriating how heartless they are.
RouteStockholm to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Strongly advice avoiding this airline"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | The worst airline I have flown with. Finnair charges huge premiums with no additional care from service staff. We were messed around multiple times by Finnair staff - where we originally paid for special seats, these were automatically changed so myself and my elderly Grandfather were sat away from each other. I spent over an hour in Finnair's extremely slow customer service - to which I was assured the seats had been moved back to their original spots that we had paid for. Then when checking the day before the flights - we saw our seats had been changed again. I spent another 1.5 hours in Finnair's customer service to which we were informed that our seats were changed due to my elderly companion not meeting requirements for the seat - which we were not informed in any way! Then that assistant assured us we had now been booked in for extra-legroom seats, and to our pleasant surprise - were not extra legroom when arriving at the plane, not even next to each other. Finnair charges such a higher premium over other airlines doing the same route such as Ryanair - which I have never had a problem with despite being 3 times cheaper. Blatantly scamming their customers in broad daylight with extremely high prices for food items in the cabin too - the highest I have ever seen on a plane. 8 euros for a 250ml beer, seriously? Furthermore - I paid extra for their wifi service, which only actually worked for the 20 out of 60 minutes that I paid for. Strongly advice avoiding this airline and their disorganisation.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Helsinki Vantaa
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I really think this airline has lost their touch"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Flight was delayed twice, first by 1 hour and 2nd time for small number of passengers from a Frankfurt flight. Total delay time over 1.5 hrs. Kids flying with us and for some good reason they decided to wake us up twice (first time before lift off) and second time before dinner (2am!), I asked them not to wake me up after the first time but again they did so. Flight manager was very rude and not understanding of the situation I really think this airline has lost their touch, service is not as it used to be, very disappointed. They decided it’s a good idea to put 3 trays on top of each other in an unsafe way in the middle seat which could of caused a lot of harm to my kids! (Photo attached) they can wake me up before take-off but while my kids are sleeping they put dangerous items next to us!
AircraftA350-900
RouteHelsinki to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I have cancelled our reservation and rebooked on a less greedy airline"

Not Verified | My wife and I had round-trip Business Class reservations with Finnair from London to Bangkok. We are elderly and my wife is a very nervous flyer and so it is essential that I always sit beside her on a flight. So, I went online to make our seat selections in the usual way and was shocked to find that Business Class passengers on Finnair now have to pay extra to select their seats! So an elderly couple flying in Business Class cannot sit together unless they pay extra! I have cancelled our reservation and rebooked on a less greedy airline.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownJuly 2022

"cabin crew were very organised and polite"

Trip Verified | Flight BA 545 from Bologna to London Heathrow on 29th July was operated by Finnair. This was a delayed flight on an A321 aircraft and even with the delay I was rather impressed! The cabin crew stood in sharp contrast to the rude and indifferent Bologna Airport Staff! The Finnair cabin crew were very organised and polite and suitably firm with certain passengers during the boarding process. The cabin crew took security seriously and although the flight was under two hours they served water and crisps and hot drinks were for sale too. The crew mentioned that they were embarrassed to charge for tea and coffee on behalf of BA. There was little information from the Captain on the flight but the landing was soft and disembarkation was efficient.
RouteBologna to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no longer my choice of travel"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Pro: good serviced minded from Thai/ Asien cabin crews Con: uncomfortable seat, very low service mind from other cabin crew. No appetite food. No drink service. No coffee and tea served with breakfast. It was not worth for me to pay 2500 euro for this travel. Finnair is no longer my choice of travel.
RouteHelsinki to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Will not recommend to anyone"

Not Verified | Finnair has misplaced our luggage from Bangkok to Venice via Helsinki and has not been able to find it for days. Does not answer customer service line, longest wait times on hold with no answer. I was advised to call 4 different phone numbers before reaching baggage claim, with still no answer. Finnair is unorganised, slow and has no customer service to speak of. Will not recommend to anyone.
RouteBangkok to Venice via Helsinki
Date FlownJune 2022

"Stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Most incompetent and hostile airport ground check-in crew I have ever seen during my many ears of travel. Three agents took 25 minutes to process a passenger with excess luggage. The supervisor was abscond, until the last minute. Business class check-in counter was unmanned and unattended. Finnair business class standards are very low. Stay away from this airline.
RouteLondon to Helsinki