Finnair

"don’t have vegetarian meal available"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Warsaw . I am deeply dissapointed by the lack of interest in ecological issues. The staff pour all the drinks in plastic. Also they don’t have any vegetarian meal available, even though we chose them during the process of online check in.
RouteHelsinki to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"poor communication skills"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Very poor communication skills and customer service of a cabin crew and ground crew. On board during my flight from HEL to Singapore via BKK I asked the cabin crew if I could buy bottled water. She replied "we don't have extra bottled water". I asked again because I wish to have a bottle as I drink more often than half plastic cup they give. She gave me the 1.lite bottle filled with 1/4 water and said "I give this to you but we are not supposed to give this bottle as we should be sharing the water to everyone". I find this comment very ridiculous as of Im hoarding the entire water of the plane. I'm having difficult pregnancy so I vomit easily due to discomfort in movement. I was standing in front of the toilet to throw my bag, then she came and I confirm while pointing to the toilet" can I throw this (my vomit bag) in here. She said "No everything must go to toilet you can't throw here (pointing to food trash near the toilet) those bags go to toilet. nothing should be thrown here, that goes to toilet". She was very impatient when I asked plastic bag the second time. Due to turbulence I felt motion sick again, so I had to ask again. I asked could I please have one more bag? She replied: How about two? here! I Flying back from Singapore to Helsinki I have 3 pieces of luggage weighing 21, 23, 23 kg.total of 67kg. Upon check-in the staff told me to put my bags on the belt (to check in luggage) I said: Can I please ask an assistant? Staff: Why? ( with a very unfriendly tone) are you expecting? ( in other airlines this is very basic question upon collection of details, she never bother to ask initially) Mrs. Siren: yes.. what do you think? Staff relied that they do not have an assistant. I said please find somebody to help. After several minutes later one male & female volunteered to help her and load the luggage. Inconsiderate and heartless staff.
RouteSingapore to Helsinki

"Excellent experience"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Lisbon. The flight was in time, boarding was smooth. Service was nice, we had pre-ordered sandwiches for the return flight, delicious. Crew was nice, friendly and smiling. Nordic sky was working well, easy you se and read the newspapers and listen to voicebooks. Excellent experience.
AircraftA321ER
RouteHelsinki to Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2019

"passport expire in 2.5 months"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Copenhagen via Helsinki. I'm extremely unsatisfied about how Finnair handled our journey. When we arrived at the airport we were not allowed to check-in because my younger son's passport expire in 2.5 months. We asked staff about what'll happen to our flight bookings. He said we should call the reservation office to rebook the flights and he'll make a marking for us that it's due to passport problem and won't have a penalty. At the immigration, they made a special exception to help our son to renew the passport in just one business day. Once the passport issue was sorted out, we called Finnair customer line to change our itinerary. A staff told us that our tickets’ status were “No Show” so that our bookings were all cancelled and can’t be used. We decided to pay the fees to re-active the tickets which is a lot of money. On our way back, it took us extended time to check-in on the return flights at Oslo airport. Moreover, on our boarding passes, the seats were all listed at "Standby" and we had to confirm the seats at the boarding gates. Only at the gates, we learned that our family could not sit together on the two return flights. Considering there are two little kids in our family, it's extremely inconvenient especially on the long-haul flight. When we took the transfer flight at Helsinki, we were told that our luggage were not sent to Hong Kong and had to make some special arrangements. Though the staff helped us to fix that and we got our luggage in Hong Kong in the end.
RouteHong Kong to Copenhagen via Helsinki

"Memorable flight experience

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Memorable flight experience, thank you finnair. Recently we have travelled long haul flight from Singapore to Krakow via Helsinki. It was my first experience using Finnair and I'm glad that i have made a right decision. Im travelling with 67 yr old mother and 3 yr old daughter. We really love services provided by Finnair. The flight is really comfortable, we enjoyed the meals provided (we chose moslem diet, and it was delectable) and the inflight entertainment is up to date. The flight attendants were helpful, friendly and full of smile. During our return flight to Kuala Lumpur, the journey was smooth despite short connecting time ( 1hr 25 min) for flight SIN- KUL. Despite 20 min delay from Helsinki to Singapore, we managed to catch our connecting flight effortlessly. We really love Helsinki airport, the airport is compact and sophisticated. Overall, we were delighted with our experience with Finnair and would like to recommend to others to give it a try. Despite many unfavourable reviews regarding Finnair that ive read in the internet prior to my departure, we experienced none of them, in fact their services is remarkable. T
RouteSingapore to Krakow via Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2019

"attitude was more than unhelpful"

Not Verified | Helsinki to Paris. Never again Finnair! Plane delayed again - this time by two hours. Also I had a business class ticket, which always means on European flights that the seat next to you is empty - except with Finnair who make people pay business class tickets and have them seated exactly the same way as in economy. When I tried to resolve this with Finnair personnel, their attitude was more than unhelpful.
RouteHelsinki to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"will think twice before flying with Finnair again"

Not Verified | This was my first trip on this airline, the food served was decent. Apart from two flight attendants who were very pleasant, I found the rest of the staff very unpleasant to deal with. Especially on my return flight from Warsaw to Helskini on Wednesday morning, August 14th when the plane was delayed twice. I merely wanted to know if I could make my connecting flight from Helskini back to Chicago, the desk attendant by the gate was very rude and acted like he had a chip on his shoulders, he snapped at me, saying, the airline felt I could make my flight. I had no response especially to rude people like him. If it were not for customers like me he would probably not have a job! I would have loved to give this airline a 5 rating. But, I will think twice before flying with Finnair again.
RouteChicago to Helskini via Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2019

"were upgraded to business class"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Helsinki. My husband and I were upgraded to business class on our leg from Bangkok to Helsinki and we had the most enjoyable flight ever. Service was 6 stars as was the food and the flight. Never have I enjoyed the in house entertainment enough not worry about sleep was too much to do. And those headphones, you couldn’t hear a thing in the background, simply wonderful. Thank you Finnair you made our journey amazing, keep up the good work.
RouteBangkok to Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2019

"long lines for baggage drop off"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Helsinki. Amount of ground personnel is far below requirement. Very long lines for baggage drop off which makes it difficult to get through security and be on time for boarding. Not the first time, but Finnair does not seem to change.
RouteAmsterdam to Helsinki

"a neglectful/despicable attitude"

Trip Verified | St Petersburg to Chicago via Helsinki with Finnair. Requested an aisle seat due to a physical/health condition. They replaced it with a middle seat without any notice or any explanation in Helsinki. I found out when the scanner would not let me get on the plane rejecting my boarding pass - a total disrespect and a neglectful/despicable attitude towards me as a passenger. The place between the rows is ridiculous when the seat in front of you is reclined - if you need to go to the bathroom, you have to tell the person in front of you to put the seat back up. Otherwise you won't be able to get up on your feet.
RouteSt Petersburg to Chicago via Helsinki