EVA Air

"well organized staff"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila via Taipei. Good check in at Vancouver with all lounge passes given at that time. Very well organized staff. Business class passengers get a special room where its quieter than the rest of the lounge. Good selection of food and drink. Boarding smooth and left on time. Upon arrival in Taipei informed my connection will be twelve hours late because of a typhoon. My checkin pieces were a tv and a duffle type of bag. TV was okay but the bag was destroyed and wrapped in plastic to keep contents inside. Showed the EVA rep and was compensated for my loss which saved me trip to the EVA office at a later time.
RouteVancouver to Manila via Taipei

"Excellent experience"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | Seattle to Taipei. Excellent experience from start to finish, from ground staff to crew. Food was good with nice portions. My luggage did not make it onto the flight due to a short connection caused by a delay from a previous domestic flight on a different airline. My bags arrived at my doorstep a few hours after I arrived home. Amazing. Best airline in the world as far as I am concerned.
RouteSeattle to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"quite good except the food"

Trip Verified | Paris to Bangkok via Taipei. Overall is quite good except the food. I did not find many meat in EVA air meal. Taste is quite lite. For wifi, there is complimentary 30 MB, but it was quite slow.
RouteParis to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"pointed to where to get luggage"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to San Francisco via Taipei. EVA needs to understand the oversized baggage limits. I brought my stuff to NRT 2 days prior to flying out, and EVA cleared them. However on the day of the flight they overcharged me, and referenced figures which I could not find. Cabin Attendants were ok, attentive, and present. IFE was horrible vs ANA, and SQ. BR28 boarded late, due to aircraft not ready for flight. First drink round was a disaster, and passengers, like me got nothing. Had to call for a drink, Head Cabin Attendant came out and served me herself. Meals were good, other drink rounds were good, Cabin Attendants were present. My IFE was a disaster, with an extremely limited selection. Landed at SFO late. Had to approach the 3 EVA ground staff at the Luggage Carousel and was pointed to where to get my luggage. EVA’s ground staff were a disaster, in the air EVA does good.
RouteTokyo to San Francisco via Taipei

"Hands down the worst"

Not Verified | Beijing to Taipei. By far EVA Air is the worst airline for on-time arrival and departure. I will never fly this airline again. Terrible isn't even a start. I have never been on a flight that departed on time with this airline. Today, again we are 1.5 hours late while my colleagues are waiting on me for a very important meeting with customers. Hands down the worst.
RouteBeijing to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"maintained its high standard"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Shanghai. EVA Air maintained its high standard on this flight. My seat was very comfortable and had a very large amount of legroom even though it was only a 1h 30min flight. My seat was near to the lavatory, thus it was a “bad seat”. However, I faced no problem with the proximity but rather, I enjoyed the seat as the 3-4-3 configuration became 2-4-2 at the end, giving me more space on the aisle. Furthermore, breakfast was great — scrambled egg was delicious. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful as well, giving me drinks I requested for very quickly even though they were very busy. We departed and arrived on time.
RouteTaipei to Shanghai

"I don’t eat pork"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Taipei. Everything went very well on the ground, despite a delayed departure due to traffic. The ground crew was friendly, polite and patient. We boarded quickly, the cabin crew seemed less welcoming, with no smile for me. I don’t eat pork for religious reasons. So I asked twice what the menu was and what were the ingredients used. I have been told by the crew that the menu was seafood with noodles. I started to eat my meal when I noticed that some of the meat was definitely not seafood. I called the crew, requiring more information, and was advised the menu contained pork. A mistake can happen, but what struke me was the insensibility and careless attitude of the cabin crew. I wanted to share my experience with a crew member when I left the plane, the response I received was a “thank you bye bye”. My first impression of Taiwan has been ruined by this experience.
RouteOsaka to Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the seat was very comfortable"

Trip Verified | Shanghai Pudong to Taipei Taoyuan. When I found out that the aircraft I was flying on had a 3-4-3 economy class configuration, I was worried. However, after boarding, I realised that my seat, 72H, was the second last row and thus, the seats were in a 2-4-2 configuration. Thus, the aisle space was very wide and the seat was very comfortable. Despite the seat being near to the toilet, this was not much of a problem. Furthermore, legroom was plenty and the seat was wide. The Inflight Entertainment was large and responsive, but offered a limited variety of movies. There was only one seatback pouch and it would have been nice to have additional storage areas like additional pouches for smaller things. Food was served on this 1h 30min flight and it was surprisingly delicious for such a short flight. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. However upon arrival in Taipei, we waited on the tarmac for 30 mins before finding a gate space for us to park at. Other than that, the overall flight experience was good.
RouteShanghai Pudong to Taipei Taoyuan

"they were superb"

Trip Verified | BR17, SFO-TPE on a 777-300ER. Tickets bought 5 months out, and quite a favorable price. Check in at SFO, was weird. Staff didn’t want to take my oversized luggage, until I suggested they get a bag like ANA, Singapore Airlines, or Asiana. Once they processed my luggage it was fine. TSA/Security the usual disaster, and no one taking charge. Apparently the SFO cleaning crew was on strike 10 Nov, because both EVA flights, SQ, Asiana, and others were delayed for aircraft cleanliness. We were delayed for over 60 mins. Boarding went smoothly. Cabin crew were smiles and polite for 01.00 in the morning. Once we had push backed and airborne the meal service commenced. Dinner was nice with Hagen Daaz. Drink/Cabin service continued throughout the flight. Seat was perfect as I slept like the dead. The lights were activated, and a excellent sign, for waking everyone up for breakfast. Breakfast was yummy. Landed in TPE late, but still made my connection. BR184, TPE-NRT on a 787-900 boarded and took off late due to a aircraft issue. Still landed on time at NRT. Cabin Attendants polite, professional, and all smiles. Handed out immigration documents while still at the gate. Constant drink runs, and a tasty meal. EVA’s 787 seat was comfortable, and I was able to stretch out. EVA ground staff needs to be more professional, and expeditionary like ANA, and Singapore Airlines. Other than that they were superb! I will fly them again!
RouteSan Francisco to Tokyo Narita via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"EVA Air has a good product."

Trip Verified | Brisbane to London via Taipei. Overall, EVA Air has a good product. The aircraft are clean and modern, food of reasonable standard, and Flight Attendants efficient. As Australians, and hence English speaking, communication was at a minimum with us. Announcements were very difficult for me to hear on all flights. Premium Economy seats were good, but passengers in front reclined seats for full journey, making our seats and activity in flight very uncomfortable. TPEL airport is not customer friendly when you need to transfer, and seems to be focused on Asian passengers. EVA Air scheduled a day layover on return leg from Paris to Taipei, but this was not a easy process for viewing the city, with delays at security.
RouteBrisbane to London via Taipei