EVA Air

210 seats per row in Economy"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Narrow seat. EVA Air has 10 seats per row in Economy class, even 9 seats per row in same aircraft of Thai Airways. Flight delayed and some baggage left at airport. So, passengers worry for their baggage. One of our baggage was damaged, one of our baggage arrived one day delay and three of our baggage arrived with 5 days delay.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2022

"decision had been made that I could not fly"

Trip Verified | Great cabin crew, awful Heathrow ground staff. On the outward journey from Bangkok to London, the cabin crew were wonderful: totally professional and really helpful, but the ground staff at London Heathrow were shockingly bad on my return. The check-in staff were impatient and rude from the outset, telling me "Move along the queue and stop wasting your time" when I began to enter my details in the Eva Air online check-in machines provided for that purpose. My passport was scrutinised and refused because of a small tear on a blank page at the back of my passport. The check-in manager ripped off the luggage tag from my bag when the decision had been made that I could not fly. This was unsmilingly delivered with no explanation, unnecessary and humiliating. This failure of Eva Air Heathrow ground staff will cost me approximately $1,200 to book a new flight. In spite of my very pleasant outward journey with Eva Air, I won't be travelling with this airline via London again. The London Heathrow staff made this a miserable experience for me.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownOctober 2022

"would not fly Economy with them again"

Trip Verified | Have flown EVA a number of times in both Business and Premium Economy on this route and have been more than happy. This return leg was in Economy as unable to upgrade, having tried to contact BKK ticketing office for 3 days. The flight layout was supposed to be 3-3-3. On entering the plane noted that it was 3-4-3. We were sitting in the middle and I was on the outside with my wife in one of the middle seat of the 4. First thing. Noted how tight leg room was given the seat layout I couldn’t put my right foot flat on the floor. This was my first time in a 10 across format and compared against Thai Airways 9. I wouldn’t have booked if I’d known was 10 and again time of booking was only showing 9. Crew were very efficient. Food was very poor both meals and not a patch on Singapore Airlines as a 5 star comparison. The temperature on board was too low. People were putting on coats and requesting second blankets and hot drinks. I would not fly Economy with them again. Would this experience stop me using them again in other cabins, maybe not. But it’s a tough ask in Economy on this plane specification for 12.5 hours. Whilst Thai Airways is not as polished in terms of staff it’s a better experience on a 12.5hr Economy flight.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownOctober 2022

"it was a magnificent flight"

Not Verified | We started off boarding the plane, the crew were very lovely and greeted us professionally. When we got to our seat there was a pillow and a blanket with headphones and cleaning wipes waiting for us. The blanket was very comfy and soft and so was the pillow. The seat was large and very nice for this 12 hour flight. We started cruising and went on the IFE screen, there was a lot of movie options and kid options, a few games, the flight map was excellent. The food options were very good. Chinese and a western option. Either Prawn and potato pie or Chicken thigh with black bean sauce. I chose the chicken thigh with Pineapple juice and Tea. I loved it, it was a good portion, had lots of flavour, it was a good sized meal. Very very tasty. Then I mostly slept. I got up and went to the bathroom, the crew were putting away the trolleys. They were very nice, this very kind crew came up to me and offered me some snacks. Of course I said yes. Then I slept more after that. Woke up and a few hours later breakfast was served. Prawn fried rice or eggs, I chose the fried rice. Again lots of flavour, it was another good portion and it was extremely tasty. I had tea and cranberry juice with it. Then we landed in Bangkok. Overall it was a magnificent flight! It was brilliant. Good food, good staff, great seats.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Bangkok

"dropped in standards"

Not Verified | I am disabled and had first class care at both airports. However the flights were dreadful. On the outward flight to Bangkok we had paid extra, both ways for an aisle seat for me as I can't climb over due to my disabilities. We were 2 rows back from the exit row seats and just before take off I noticed they were free. I ask one of the crew politely if due to my disability we may move she said yes, but it will be £150 each and you have to pay in cash. I thought she was joking and then she repeated £300 cash. During the flight I went to use the toilet closest to us and again due to my disability found it difficult due to the size. When I came out I stood to stretch my legs and a fellow passenger told me that at the rear of the plane they had a disabled toilet. So next time I went to the rear and there it was. It was occupied so I waited a few minutes until a crew member came and said the normal toilet is free across the other side. She saw I had my walking stick and I said I will wait until this one is free. She said, it is not occupied but locked for staff use only. I asked if due to my disability I could use it and she just said no, crew only. I was amazed I have to say on both these issues plus the general attitude of all the crew on the outward flight. The food had also dropped in standards as well.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"seat is not comfortable"

Trip Verified | We paid for three seats not knowing it was next to emergency door exit, it was a chaos from ticketing, wheel chair handling, we were asked by 3 stewardesses about emergency door and in case of emergency. We told the third stewardess that if they believe we cannot perform the task to just move us to a different seat and refund the money that we paid for the seat because the we are tired of being asked three times. The seat is not comfortable, not made for a long flight.
RouteSan Francisco to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2022

"traditional style mixed with comfort"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | As a solo traveler, I arrived in Bangkok on EVA BR211 from Taipei and returned on EVA BR68 both in economy class. This trip has confirmed my earlier experiences with the company, such as traditional style mixed with comfort and the always kind, smiling, and helpful cabin crew. Easy and automated check-in, quick boarding, spacious and comfortable seats with soft blankets and pillows, and more than enough in-flight entertainment. As for the meal, I chose the lacto-ovo vegetarian menu which was satisfying and well-prepared. The bread was warm and fresh, and the main dish served with freshly cut fruits was flavorful.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok

"I can't recommend them"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Taipei. I had an 11 hour layover at Taipei airport which wouldn't have been a problem if it was during the day. However, the plane was delayed by an hour and didn't land until 10:30pm. The food courts had closed by the time everyone had disembarked, even the lounges were closed which is unacceptable when you're paying an eye watering amount for a business class seat. Why on earth would EVA Air have an 11 hour layover at night when nothing is open and there aren't any sleeping facilities like pods. I can't recommend them purely on their insane layover times
RouteBangkok to Taipei

"I did enjoy my flight"

Trip Verified | With so much praise has been given to EVA Air's Royal Laurel Class, I was looking forward to my flight to Bangkok. The experience began at the check-in desk, which was swift and friendly. The boarding was also methodically carried out, with business class passengers invited first. The cabin has a 1x2x1 layout with a reverse herringbone configuration, and mine by the window. The decor was pleasant, with olive green, shades of grey and brown colours. The seat itself looked cosy and comfortable. Settling down, I took a moment to explore the settings. The armrest could be lifted or lowered. There was the usual adjustable reading lamp and areas for storing small items and drinks. The seat adjustments at first looked complicated, but I eventually got the hang of it. The TV monitor was set at an angle opposite and had to be clipped open to be viewed. Headphones were also in their own compartment. The fold-out table was especially large and sturdy. Good quality slippers, Jason Wu designer pyjamas and a decent amenity kit were also provided. PJs were really welcome and should be standard on long-haul journeys. Once boarding was complete, pre-departure drinks came. When I requested Champagne, I was told it is prosecco for now, but champagne with supper. Seemed rather odd! At cruising altitude, the 'supper' service began. The menu was displayed on the monitor, and there was a good selection of soft drinks, spirits, wines, and teas. I had pre-ordered my main course for both 'supper' and 'refreshment' meals. The seafood main course of tiger prawns, with cashews in a spicy bean sauce, vegetables, and rice was delicious. But the choice of wine was just red or white. For afters, it was cheese and biscuits, with walnuts and pieces of fruit. However, I was disappointed to see a branded package of mini Jacobs crackers - it just cheapened the presentation. In my experience, biscuits and crackers should be served loose. The service was rather rushed, with no drinks refills unless asked for. I also had to ask for a coffee before tucking into sleep. Once 'supper' was over, the cabin crew just retreated to the galley area until two hours before landing, when a 'refreshment meal' was served. My main course was an Asian affair - noodles with shrimp won ton, char siew pork and other dim sum items which was tasty, and this time asked for champagne and got it. EVA Air offers an excellent business class hard product. The cabin crew, although polite, were just not engaging. The was a lack of proper etiquette and finesse when serving food and drink or attending to passengers. However, it did not deter me and I did enjoy my flight all the way to Bangkok.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"a horrible flight for me"

Trip Verified | Taipei to San Francisco. My flight was on August 18 2022 on BR 18 from Taipei to san Francisco I have a condition called OAB (over active bladder) and that's why I always wanted to sit near the lavatory because I always have to empty my bladder every 30 mins. On that flight I was on 73H last row, aisle sit right side and behind me was the lavatory. Since I got into the plane I rushed to the lavatory behind my seat and it was occupied. I waited for 15 mins and a flight crew approached me and told me to just use the lavatory on the other side and that was fine with me since it was vacant. But mid flight I noticed every time I went to that lavatory it was always occupied and I was forced to use the left side lavatory or on the lavatory on the middle part of the plane. But one time I caught a flight crew came out on that lavatory behind me and as soon as she came out she suddenly locked the lavatory from outside and make it appear that it was occupied but nobody was using it and the reason they are locking it from outside so that nobody can use that lavatory except for them (crew). It was a horrible flight for me because I badly need to use a lavatory to empty my bladder I have one behind me but that crew on that flight are using it exclusively so I have to use the other side but it always had a long line or the lavatory on the middle part of the plane which is too far from my seat.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER