Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways customer review

I flew 1st class Shanghai - Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. Lets start with the bad points we were collected from the Hilton by a driver wearing jeans in a car that needed a clean to be delivered to the airport. On arrival we were looked after promptly by Etihad ground staff and made our way to the 1st class lounge shared with Air China. This was not as good as many business class lounges and was happy to be moved on ASAP. Now the fun part on sitting down in seat 1A and drinking a glass of quality bubbly I had a very well cooked steak and drifted off for the night part of the journey. We arrived at Abu Dhabi and went through to the 1st class lounge quick shower bite to eat felt excellent. Went onto the next leg Abu Dhabi - Heathrow I must admit the level of service on this leg of the journey was the very best I have experienced. The team were a real credit to Etihad. I had a friend who was flying business class come up and join me for what was a fantastic meal all ushered through by the main steward without any hassle.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Etihad Airways customer review

LHR to Abu Dhabi and Dhaka Dec 25-26 in economy. Etihad's economy product is inferior to that of Emirates. Seats small and uncomfortable. IFE not as good. Food however is excellent. Three choice of entrees and the option I chose was very well prepared though a little stingy in portions. FAs pour alcoholic beverages from large bottles in tiny amounts. Wine selection was poor even for economy and their wine bottles were empty by the time they came to me. On the whole however the FAs on the first sector were gems. They provided service from the heart with genuine smiles. But they were horribly inefficient. It took them 4 hours from take off to finish dinner service and turn the lights down. And this was on a 6 hours night flight. An hour before landing they served breakfast wraps (much appreciated) which Emirates does not on similar flights to Dubai. Economy FAs on the flight to Dhaka were functional. Migrant workers from Bangladesh needed to be transported and fed and that is all the FAs achieved. No smiley engagements as in the first segment. Not impressed.

Etihad Airways customer review

Manchester to Melbourne : I was dreading this trip as I was travelling alone and had never flown long haul before- but I can't wait to go again. I was upgraded to Business Class for the 14 hour trip back from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi which was wonderful but even in Economy I was well looked after. The food was as good as it can be under the circumstances and the in flight entertainment was excellent. I didn't need the book I had brought with me at all. Staff were as attentive as they could be and I disembarked feeling I had had excellent value for money. I got to my destination safely. Some people expect way too much. If you want to be spoilt pay up and fly first class- and stop moaning.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne in business class on November 21. This was an Airbus with very small seats and no space to put my handbag or a glass of water. Even though the seats were lie-flat they were just too narrow to move. No privacy whatsoever. Overall a terrible flight.

Etihad Airways customer review

I have flown this route before with Etihad Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok first leg of the flight the stewardess seemed to keep the service for one side of business class so we had very limited and poor service no drink on arrival at seat no face towel very poor service. On the Abu Dhabi to BKK leg unless you asked for something you got nothing apart from a smile if you were lucky unless the flight home improves I will not fly with Etihad again there seems to of been many changes in the last twelve months as last years flights were perfect.

Etihad Airways customer review

MAN-AUH-BKK in the last month. Chauffeur pick up and lounge at Manchester were excellent. Lounge in AUH was crowded. I noted that several passengers in the lounge were not travelling business class but were sprawled over the limited seating. Boarding at BKK was haphazard with no priority for premium passengers. This was my 5th trip this year with EY in Business class. I have noted some deterioration in standards but once on board this is compensated by the excellent service and meals.

Etihad Airways customer review

Travelled from Jakarta to London Heathrow. Miserable experience with little to no customer service whatsoever. On both flights I wasn't even offered one drink aside tea or coffee during the dinner/breakfast service! I was also woken up three times whilst wearing a seatbelt to be told to put it on despite it being fastened clearly visible over the blanket! It seemed the only thing crew were interested in was the mandatory trolley service. Beyond that cabin service was non existent. My summary never again.

Etihad Airways customer review

Travelled SYD to AUH October 2013 on a 777. Wow what a shocker. The lack of space was disgraceful for a long haul flight (or even a short one for that matter). My knees wouldn't fit had to put them either side of the seat in front and shoulders touched the people sitting next to me. Never again with Etihad.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from Manchester to Sydney return via Abu Dhabi. Must say the flights were good. Abu Dhabi airport is a nightmare very busy and chaotic. Upgraded to business class for Abu Dhabi to Sydney and that was good. My problem relates to the customer services that they offer. It is very limited lip service that does not resolve any issues at all. I was charged double for the upgrade an Etihad mistake. I will not fly with them again.

Etihad Airways customer review

JFK - Abu Dhabi - New Delhi on Dec 9. First leg was a bad experience. I inquired with the crew about the reason for such poor service delivery it turned out they only had 6 crew members to take care of 300 passengers. If you are flying at 9.40pm and don't see your dinner before 1.30am this can't justify any cost savings. I have been on shorter flights before and mostly they are able to provide full service even on flights of less than 2.5 hours. The crew were so small that even a small emergency can totally disrupt the service to whole plane. There was a health emergency and I must say the crew did pretty well. Other leg (of 3 hours) also had the same problem. I got my lunch in the last 40 mins of the flight that was after asking for it again. They had to stop beverage service minutes after they started it because the plane started descending.