Etihad Airways

“I had a terrible time”

Trip Verified | I paid for an Aisle seat in front 18 C on making a payment of €48.18 just for the sake of my medical issues to go to toilet frequently but the seat was not reclining and neither the USB charging port was working. I reported the same to cabin crew for the same. I had a terrible time for 6 hrs flight with sever backache as I am a Senior Citizen. On my way from Bombay to Barcelona was amazing. This was an ordeal and stressful. I need my payment to be refunded.
RouteRome to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2024

"customer service has to be the worst"

Trip Verified | The customer service at this airline has to be the worst I have ever experienced. Long story short, what should have been a simple name change on a ticket has not only lead to me missing a return flight from Australia to Europe, yet also prevented me from buying another ticket on the same flight. I've since been going in circles with customer support, who have been panning me off and telling me I would receive a call. I just spoke to an incredible rude, blunt and unhelpful agent who had no idea of the issue and lied multiple times when he told me he had read the live chat I had with an agent the day before. It was clear that he had no idea of the issue and did not have access to the chat despite me emphasising how crucial the information in there was. I have been screwed around completely and have now had around 8 interactions with Etihad staff who have been unable to assist in the slightest.
RouteMelbourne to Vienna via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2024

"this was the worst experience"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Our flight from Shanghai to Abu Dhabi was OK but the second leg to London was a nightmare. We were supposed to take off at 2am but were advised that there would be a delay. After some time they said ground crew were working to fix the air-conditioning on the right side of the plane. We were sitting near the galley and couldn't help overhearing the flight attendants bitching about how they wouldn't be paid until the plane was in the air. We ended up sitting in the full, hot aircraft for 4 hours and being given only two small cups of water during that time. We were then asked to disembark but given no explanation of what we should do next. We had to wait until 7.30am to be taxied to a hotel for breakfast and a shower. When we finally took off at 2pm, there was a cursory apology from the flight deck and a new and more friendly crew. For lack of communication, empathy and professionalism, this was the worst experience we have ever had.
RouteShanghai to London via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2024

"the worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I flew from Melbourne to Madrid return via Abu Dhabi. I claimed the miles online and I only got the miles from two flights. This was from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Melbourne. The other two flights they said they will update the miles on my account but I still can’t see them updated. I have been exchanging emails with them since May 24 until now. They are trying to keep me happy sending emails saying they are doing their best but I don’t believe a word they say. This is the worst experience ever and I don’t recommend this airline to anyone at all.
RouteMelbourne to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2024

"try to avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | It was one of the worst experiences with Etihad Airways on my recent flight from Toronto to Karachi via Abu Dhabi. The cup holder had chewing gum that I had to remove myself using tissue paper. The tray table was broken, which I only noticed when food was served and drinks spilled on my shirt. The food was average, and the tray was served without any paper, directly with the meal. Etihad's quality has significantly declined. It used to be a good airline 9-10 years ago, but now it is one of the worst. The aircraft appeared very old by the look of the interior. I will try to avoid this airline in the future.
RouteToronto to Karachi via Abu Dhabi

"disappointing and frustrating"

Trip Verified | My recent experience with Etihad Airways on an international flight from Bangalore to Boston was disappointing and frustrating. The ordeal began with repeated flight delays without clear explanations, initially delaying departure by an hour, then extending to two more hours without any reasonable justification. After waiting painfully for 6 hours, the flight was suddenly canceled, leaving passengers feeling lost and frustrated. Etihad's management handled the situation poorly, showing a blatant disregard for the inconvenience caused to passengers. Instead of arranging alternative flights, they scheduled me for a replacement flight 20 hours later, with two additional connecting flights, each burdened with layovers of 8 hours and 7 hours respectively. This resulted in an waste of nearly 32 hours of travel time. Throughout this travel, there was a glaring lack of empathy or support from Etihad's staff, who seemed indifferent to the plight of their customers. No compensatory measures were offered, despite the significant inconvenience and disruption to travel plans. Based on my personal experience, I strongly advise against choosing Etihad Airways for future travel plans. Their unprofessionalism, lack of customer care, and disregard for passenger well-being make them a regrettable choice for anyone seeking reliable and considerate airline service.
RouteBangalore to Boston via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2024

"very good value for money"

Trip Verified | I flew Etihad very recently from AMS to HKT via AUH and return from BKK to AMS via AUH. All flights in economy. All flights except the flight from BKK to AUH were on time. I booked an aisle seat for all flights and I also purchased priority access which allows you to check in at separate desk and to board the aircraft first alongside business class passengers. In my opinion this is a brilliant option becuse you avoid the rush and chaos of economy class check in and boarding. It's gives you plenty of time to stow you luggage and get ready for the flight. The boarding procedure is well organised. On board I found the seats offer enough comfort and acceptable seat pitch. Ebox system is very nice with a broad selection of movies and tv show. Live tv, including sports is available. Watched the Dutch national footbal team beat Poland. Food and beverage is of good quality. Wifi available for a decent price. On all flights I found the Cabin crew to be cheerful and helpful. The only thing I would like to add is some amenities in the lavatories. All in all very good value for money.
RouteAmsterdam to Phuket
Date FlownJune 2024

"Business Class product is good"

Trip Verified | I had flown Etihad's Boeing 787 in Business Class before, and privacy-wise, the seating is not as good as the A380. Even from my window seat, the rear seat facing passengers was clearly visible. The spacious cabin and decor looked beautiful, and the seat itself, identical to that in the A380s was very comfortable. On boarding, I was addressed by name and pointed in the direction of my seat. The usual, pre-flight drinks and hot towels followed, and pushback was on time. Soon after take off, my dinner order was taken. The dishes listed on the à la carte menu were all enticing, and I chose Salmon for starters. With a choice of four main courses, it was Prawn Biriyani, which was excellent. There was no second meal served as such, instead the 'dine on demand' meant you could order from the 'all-day dining' menu. I had their famous Steak Sandwich and a beer, which was also very good. The cosy 28-seat, 1x2x1 layout cabin (which is becoming more the industry standard) was full. Yet the flight attendants managed to briefly chat with most of us, and several times asked if I needed anything else. The new grey 'cube' bag amenity kit placed on my table looked cute, but was very basic, with a few ESPA lotions, eye shades and a dental kit. The touch screen IFE worked well, however, the choice of new movies was not that great since I last flew eight months ago. Instead, I decided to watch a couple of TV sitcoms before preparing for bed. Most of the seat and lighting adjustments could be controlled both from the side table, as well as from the small tabletop monitor. As it was a night departure, I was hoping to get some rest. Etihad provides slippers, but no PJs for a nine-hour flight. However, the large pillow, mattress pad and duvet sufficed. Adjusting the seat for a harder or softer feel also made a difference. As I sipped my nightcap of black coffee and cognac by my side, and the cabin lights dimmed, I drifted into a good four sleep. Etihad's Business Class product is good, as I have experienced it several times before.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Osaka
Date FlownMay 2024

"nothing really to complain about"

Trip Verified | I hadn't flown Etihad's Economy Class for a long time and wasn't exactly looking forward to a nine and a half hour flight to Abu Dhabi, an eight hour layover, and another seven hour flight back to London. The check-in and boarding process at Kansai Airport was poorly handled. It was agonizingly slow, with business class and economy passengers being moved about to different counters. At the boarding gates, unlike some flights where there are dedicated spaces for each flight, here we were crowded between two flight queues right next to each other, both boarding at the same time. One staff member was carrying a small placard walking up and down the queue, advising which group of rows could start boarding. However, the flight was only delayed by 20 minutes. The first flight on the Dreamliner has a 3x3x3 layout. The seat itself and legroom was reasonably comfortable, I guess only because I am not tall. The flight was full and the service began as soon as the seat belt sign was turned off. There were two meal services on this flight. It was sad to see how much the size of the meal tray has shrunk. The first meal ran out of choice, and I had to settle for some bland pasta. Having apologized, I was promised a choice of the second meal and the shrimp curry with rice which was delicious. Drinks were served with meals, and followed by coffee or tea afterwards. Later I was able to request an extra drink, but had to wait a long time to be served. The seat has about 3 inches recline, although mine wasn't working. Once the lights were dimmed, I did manage to nod off a for an hour or so. At Abu Dhabi, before the flight back to London, I was relieved to relax at Etihad's Business Lounge as I was a Guest Member. Boarding at Abu Dhabi was expertly handled, with clear messaging for which seating rows to come forward. On the A380 to Heathrow, I had paid for an 'extra legroom seat', which has 4 more inches of extra space, and did make a difference in comfort. Located in the front of the aircraft, and curtained off like a separate cabin, it felt more relaxing. The onboard service was of course the same as the rest in Economy class. It was a bright blue sky day as we departed on time. The interactive IFE route map showed the exterior tail camera and an excellent view of the aircraft taxing and taking off. Both flights were nothing special, and the service was as you would expect on a long-haul economy class flight. The A380 was certainly more comfortable than the Dreamliner. Although non-engaging, on both flights, the cabin crew were professional, so I have nothing really to complain about.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A380
RouteOsaka to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2024

"I have submitted 3 claims"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | For the last 3 months I am waiting for my bag. I have submitted 3 claims, one of your member offer me very low amount which are very less to my luggage things present in it. After that no one reply my emails. I want know what i do now for my lost bag. Very Sad about Etihad response
RouteLondon to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi