Etihad Airways

"disappointed with the schedule changes"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with the schedule changes. My flights were changed 5 to 6 times after I had booked. Finally I rebooked a flight with them and the flight got delayed after I took the first leg. I am not sure if they are attracting day tourists by doing this!
RouteMumbai to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"they reimburse only hotels in Abu Dhabi"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Me and my wife booked a flight from Melbourne to Greece with Etihad for November 11, 2022. After spending several hours in the plane, the flight was finally cancelled and at 3AM they told us to look for a hotel ourselves, something we did. The next day we went to the Etihad desk at Melbourne airport and they told us that we will get reimbursed for our hotel expenses (two tickets stayed in one room). They told us to submit the papers through their website. One the 12th we flew to Greece with Emirates and arrived on the 13th. I have been trying to find the forms and the site to submit the necessary paperwork but after two days I was not able to discover anything. Today I called their customer service in Greece and in Emirate and the amazing answer they gave me is that they reimburse only hotels in Abu Dhabi! I told them this was not fair since I am not asking any compensation for the over 24-hour delay involving two passengers but only to pay for my hotel. The answer was still the same no compensation for hotels outside Abu Dhabi. Conclusion: Etihad lied to me in Melbourne about hotel compensation. They did absolutely nothing for the long delay. While waiting in the airplane for several hours they offered us water and some salty pretzels. Completely unacceptable.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A320
RouteMelbourne to Athens via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"product is much better than Emirates First"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Geneva in First on a 787-9. Probably the best flight I had. Crew was outstanding, formal and professional, yet engaging with passengers. The seat is stunning, very roomy, elegant, and does not feel claustrophobic. Food was extremely good: the menu is not that extensive but the quality of every dish is very high. You can order anything from the onboard menu, at any time. Pajamas provided are designed by a local Emirati brand A Friend Of Mine: drawing inspiration from traditional Emirati dress, I found these pajamas to be incredibly soft and comfortable. Amenity kit is stocked with Acqua di Parma products. In my opinion, this First class product is much better than Emirates First. Some areas of improvement: no amenities are offered in the toilet; WiFi quality and speed could be better (First passengers are given 200MB for free); champagne could be enhanced (Etihad serves Charles Heidsieck 2006, both Brut and Rosé, while Singapore Airlines, e.g., serves Krug in First). Other than that, a flight close to perfection. The First Class Lounge & SPA at Abu Dhabi airport is beautifully designed and worth spending at least 2 hours.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAbu Dhabi to Geneva

"3½ hours of mediocrity"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Abu Dhabi in Economy. 3½ hours of mediocrity. The seat is pretty thin, and comes without any kind of screen for personal entertainment. You can watch movies via the onboard streaming system but the seat does not feature any kind of support for your smartphone. I ordered a low-calorie meal which was ok, but too much plastic is being used (starting from the cutlery). Some crew members looked annoyed by passenger requests. Plane was a 7 year-old A321 which was clean and in great condition. Out of the Gulf carriers and Turkish Airlines, Etihad provides the worst product in Economy class on a narrow body plane.
RouteBeirut to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Etihad just overbooks flights"

Not Verified | Etihad just overbooks flights, 9 people could not board! My flight was over booked by 9people, even if we had a Ticket 3months ago bought. We didn't get a seat and had to watch the plane leaving without us.
RouteZurich to Abu Dhabi

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from ORD to Abu Dhabi (22nd Oct) and Abu Dhabi to KTM (24th Oct). 4 days before the flight, they canceled my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to KTM. They offered me a 23rd Oct flight ticket but I had to reach Ktm by 24th Oct so I asked them to prepone flight instead of postponing. Though it was totally their fault to cancel the flight at the last hour, they asked me to pay 487 dollar extra for my rescheduled flight. After spending 1 and half hour pleasing them, they deducted 200 dollar and offered me reschedule by paying 287 extra. It is very inconvenient to cancel a flight at the last hour and make customers pay extra for the flight. It was their responsibility to offer a convenient reschedule flight option to customers free of charge when they are canceling a flight. Very disappointed.
RouteChicago to Kathmandu via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Very small portion of food served"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | 1. Very small portion of food served during the flight. 2. Long queue at check-in counter. I waited for 1.5 hours despite of not over crowded. 3. Partnership with several airlines and credit cards are discontinued. 4. Poor customer service to solve the missing mileage due to the termination of partnership airlines
RouteBangkok to Milan via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Most disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Most disappointing experience. My flight has been changed 4 times, made me stay in Abu Dhabi without any prior notice. Manager on the counter didn’t care about my issue. I don’t recommend to fly with Etihad.
RouteMelbourne to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"experience before boarding is simply horrible"

Trip Verified | I have a reservation from Detroit (US) to Hyderabad (IND) via JFK and AUH. I have checked in all my luggage at DTW for Jet Blue from DTW to JFK and I wasn’t told there would be a charge or I will not be allowed to carry both carry on and back pack with Laptop. At JFK I had to wait for the Etihad counters to open for more than an hour, once the counter is open they asked us to move to a line and had us wait for 40 mins to start/open the counters. I had to wait just to collect the boarding pass because I couldn’t get them from online. When I reached the counter they charged me 60$ as I am carrying a backpack for my laptops. They just said they changed the policy from July which is ridiculous. The overall experience before boarding the flight is simply horrible. Never book through Etihad especially when having a internal transfer with in USA.
RouteNew York to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"affordable but not glamourous"

Not Verified | We flew Etihad to Rome Fiumicino and back via Abu Dhabi ,it was good but not great. When we got the airport check in was smooth however we had booked a bulkhead seats for all flights for my dads 50th but since they changed the plane from a 787-9 to a 777-300 meaning that we couldn't access the bulkheads seats and the Etihad staff were rude and refused to give a refund and we had to pay more for fees. The plane was older than expected, Inflight entertainment screens were tricky and average quality and it was showing its age. food on both flights were bland and repetitive meat rice and veggies but they offered drinks consistently, The layover in Abu Dhabi was terrible and lines were long the second leg from Abu Dhabi to Rome the 787 was better and easier to sleep in. Overall Etihad is affordable but not glamourous.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / 787-10