Etihad Airways

"she was unapologetic, unhelpful and unhappy"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | What started off as a much awaited business- cum -pleasure trip to the UK (Manchester) from Malaysia (KL)for my wife and I and our kids was going well and fine till our return leg from Manchester to Abu Dhabi where my wife had problems lifting her hand carry luggage to the overhead cabin and requested for cabin crew assistance to which one of them agreed to. My wife was on one side of the aisle in business class while I was beside her on the other side separated by a barrier and so couldn't help her. Incidentally, both of us are elderly in our mid 60's and she had just had a Left knee joint replacement surgery done barely 2 months ago. Before the cabin crew came to help, the cabin flight manager came and she ordered me to put the bags up for my wife without asking about our health problems. When I tried to explain, she asked to go around to the other side of the aisle to do it and walked away. I didn't have time to do it as we were about to take off but a cabin crew came and helped without any fuss. Immediately after the plane took off and started cruising, this unpleasant lady cabin manager came, introduced herself and sternly told me care of our hand luggage is our sole personal responsibility and not the duty of any of her crew to help! Despite my explaining, she was unapologetic, unhelpful and unhappy. She certainly spoiled my day and made me lose any respect for the airline. Her rudeness, unprofessional behaviour embarassed me in front of my family and the other passengers.
RouteManchester to Abu Dhabi

"they refuse to refund"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Paris via Abu Dhabi booked for June 2020. Bad service, they refuse to refund when the airline cancel their flight in June 2020. I have contacted them so many times and it always direct me to the call centre where hardly speak English.
RouteBangkok to Paris via Abu Dhabi

"Two great flights"

Not Verified | Outbound Business, and return economy Two great flights both on time. Great food and beverage and one of the best crews I’ve experienced- nothing was too much trouble. Very engaged and very professional. Etihad crew I’ve always found one of the best. Kudos to Etihad the experience was like the old days.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Santorini
Date FlownJune 2022

"I wont book Etihad again"

Not Verified | Do you believe that after completing the online check-in process, we still need to stand in line for 2 hours in the airport to get your boarding passes. The airport staff from Etihad Airways are the worst i have ever seen. Inside the flight they refuse to provide hot water to feed the milk to children (we need to beg them for hot water 2 to 3 times), if the child cries they will ask you to take them to Restroom for calming. The Veg food (Cucumber salad) provided in the 13 hour flight (IAD to AUH) was stale and greasy. I wont book Etihad again.
RouteWashington to Chennai via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2022

"demanded that we provide Thaipass"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I, along with my wife and three small children were supposed to fly on flight EY66 / EY430 from Moscow to Bangkok. When checking in our luggage, the airline representative refused to check us in for the flight and demanded that we provide Thaipass. I was not informed that this could be a reason for denial of registration. However, I applied for a Thaipass at the time of check-in, and begged the airline representative to delay check-in from 10.55 am to 11.15 am, with the flight scheduled to depart at 11.55 am. Sheremetyevo airport is not busy. Despite my requests, the representative of the airline finished check-in and left the airport at 11.00. at 11.15 am I received a letter saying that all members of my family received a Thaipass, which allowed me to fly to Thailand. I contacted the Etihad representative by phone and asked to find a way to get on the flight, given that I went through online check-in in advance. All my requests were answered in the negative. In addition, our return tickets were automatically cancelled. In addition to air tickets, I paid for hotel accommodation in Thailand, and a lot of related expenses. It is impossible to describe the state of my family, given the lack of opportunities to change or buy new tickets.
RouteMoscow to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2022

"not to use this company for flights with pets"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Terrible service for those who want to fly with pets in cabin. You cannot plan a trip with this company as the department does not give you answer for ages (btw I called either local cc in Russia and international one in UAE). The calls to support center does not give you anything because they can only verify if there is room for your pet or no. They can only write a letter to this pet department! First time I called the international department, they wrote this letter and said that the dept should answer in 24 hours but we didn't get any answer! Same story with my local department. And all the time when all this happened, I couldn't be sure in my future plans as they do not book this place for your pet. By the way, people in support center are polite and ok in terms of their professional capabilities. All in all I strongly recommend not to use this company for your flights with pets as you cannot be sure in your future plans.
RouteMoscow to Abu-dhabi
Date FlownJune 2022

"nightmare of an experience"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Kochi via Abu Dhabi. It was an nightmare of an experience. The flight was about 2-3 hours delay and we missed the connecting flight. We were provided with tickets only on next day, We were given a cheap food voucher they took our passports for visa processing since the hotel was outside the airport. Even though we called earlier and confirmed that the hotel reservation will be provided inside the airport. They initially said it will take an hour or 2 but we had to wait with kids for more than 5 hours in cold uncomfortable chairs in the middle of the night around 2.00 am to get the visa for the hotel transfer. We asked them to let us in a lounge but they said it cannot be provided as per policy. Such rude attitude and behavior shown by the staff even after mentioning we had small kids. We have never had such a horrendous experience any time during our flight journey in our entire lives. My best advice is to never ever travel with this airlines.
RouteAmsterdam to Kochi via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2022

"I am making endless calls to call center"

Not Verified | I want to make a serious complaint about the terrible lack of customer service at Etihad, for those flying with pets. Etihad is the only airline allowing pet in cabin in and outbound into UAE. However the service responsible for that does not have a phone and only communicates very sporadically and very vaguely by email. Calling the call centre is useless as these people just keep saying it is not their department. So we are facing strict deadlines with complex documents to submit, but no timely feedback from Etihad. Basically no feedback at all. I had to change my flight several times because of this and I am desperate, it feels like I will never get on this flight and I have sleepless nights. One phone call from the right department could have fixed all this. But now I am making endless calls to call center in the hope if could move something.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAbu Dhabi to Brussels
Date FlownMay 2022

"high service level"

Trip Verified | Munich to Abu Dhabi. Flew to Abu Dhabi on the comfortable Business Studio product of Etihad. Always loved the hard product onboard and seeing that the soft product onboard has steadily improved over the past years makes me very happy. Upon entering the Dreamliner, I found the Wellness Kit onboard that features a few Covid related safety measurements, such as hand sanitisers and a mask. They also had the luxurious Acqua di Parma amenity kit ready as I took my seat, which is my all-time favorite Business Class amenity kit. The catering onboard was delicious with a choice of starters, mains and desserts and the all-day menu featuring a nice range of further meals. Crew was super attentive, remembered my preferences and ensured my well-being throughout the entire 6 hours flight from Munich to Abu Dhabi. It's nice to see Etihad back at their high service level. Excited for future trips on Etihad Airways!
RouteMunich to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"This is just a delay tactic"

Trip Verified | I was tested Covid positive at Bengaluru Airport labs (Auriga Research) and could not board the airline as a result. This was just a few hours from the departure of the flight to Toronto. This was on January 29th, 2022. I informed this to Etihad along with my passport and covid positive report details and was cooperative with them throughout the process. Since I could not board the flight due to being tested covid positive, I was subsequently asked to submit my passport information, report result, credit card used for the booking and the credit card statement multiple times to Etihad. I have been following up numerous times with the call centre at Etihad Refund department and all they say is wait for 45 days. It has been close to 120 days now, also their twitter help was useless as they too like the call centre employees ask me to wait for 45 days. They keep giving a random date on which the refund processing has started and ask me to wait for 45 days from that date - sometimes 45 business days, sometimes its 45 calendar days. This is just a delay tactic in the hope that I eventually give up. I have spent approximately 2300 CAD and used about 1800 CAD approximately through a travel bank. This is a large amount I paid for a one way trip but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to board the flight, how am I supposed to let go of such a large amount? Every time they ell me it is in processing and submitting a formal complaint on their website does not yield any results. I am really anxious now and look for some light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a refund.
RouteBengaluru to Toronto via Abu Dhabi