Etihad Airways

“I did enjoy it very much”

Trip Verified | Nearly eight months ago, I took this exact flight to Abu Dhabi, and was expecting the same professional onboard service I enjoyed before. This time flying with cabin baggage only - a generous 12 kg, plus another 5kg 'handbag'. I therefore understood why they had to weigh each item on check-in. The boarding process was swift, and I was served both champagne and a lovely mint and lemon drink as soon as I settled down. Hot towels followed, and slippers were provided. Etihad's 'dine on demand' for some reason did not materialize nor was it offered. Soon after take off, and at cruising altitude, the bar service followed, and lunch was served. For the rest of the flight the à la carte 'all-day dining menu' meant I could request the next meal or snack when needed. A nice touch is that I could also order my drinks from the IFE monitor. Seat comfort adjustments, massage and lighting could be controlled both from the side table, as well as from the small tabletop monitor. If I had something to mildly grumble about, two noticeable differences compared to my previous flight was - a new but very basic ESPA amenity kit (I missed the cologne which was included in their previous Acqua di Parma products). I was also rather disappointed with the lack of more new movies, although there was plenty to choose from TV shows, documentaries, news channels and games. Later, I spent a little time at the small lounge which was empty, and helped myself to a drink at the self-service bar, and a crew member served me coffee and chocolates. Although the necessary bedding was provided, like a soft mattress, duvet and large pillow, I resisted a nap as I had a long layover ahead of me on my next flight from Abu Dhabi, and would get some sleep at their lounge. A non-eventful flight, nevertheless as before, I did enjoy it very much, especially the friendly cabin crew.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Abu Dhabi

"Never again Etihad"

Trip Verified | This airline do not know how to handle baby strollers, we had the experience of having our double stroller damaged beyond repair and Etihad say it's not their faults, won't check with ground staff in Abu Dhabi instead try to bribe us with 50usd. We cannot just buy a new stroller now we must suffer without one. Because of airline negligence and disrespectful staff Never again Etihad.
RouteJohannesburg to London via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2024

"allocated random seats"

(Spain)

Not Verified | We pre booked specific seats in row 49 economy on a 787-10 only for an equipment change to a 787-9. Row 49 does not exist on a 787-9, so we were allocated random seats. Many emails sent requesting a refund for the 88€, all met with silence. This is basically theft.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Madrid via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Nobody care how are you"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I had two flights with connection 11 hours in Abu Dhabi, first flight they didn’t gave even food, after complaining they gave me sandwiches - I was in business class. When I arrived to my final destination they lost my baggage, and they don’t answer and no taking any responsibility. They told me to split the baggage from the first flight. Nobody care how are you.
RouteColombo to Tel Aviv via Abu Dhabi

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Cancelled my flight without warning two weeks before departure, only offering alternate flights that would take 3x as long with 3x the stopovers en route, or a refund. No offer of class upgrade to make the lengthy/inconvenient journey more comfortable. No consideration of the fact that even with a refund, flights with other airlines are quite a bit more expensive so close to the departure date. Contacting their customer service department involved being on hold for ages, and then being told I would need to accept an alternate flight and then apply for compensation separately without any kind of reassurance anything would be done. Super frustrating. And you can't leave feedback with them on their website unless you've already taken your flight, so here I am. Would not recommend unless your travel plans are very flexible.
RouteFrankfurt to Nairobi via Abu Dhabi

“This was a nightmare”

Trip Verified | This was a nightmare. The flight departed one hour late due due to the delivery of the baggages and departed even though not all of them were carried. Arriving at Narita Airport, I had no clue and waited for my baggage and claimed it after a while to the counter. The staff gave me a generic paper explaining the collant couldn’t deliver my luggage and I had to fill a form but I had no info about when, where and how would I get it back. I got it delivered 48 hours later so I had to cover the daily expenses in between. The entire situation was very stressful and spoiled my whole trip. The company was very opaque about the whole process of getting reimbursed and once I went back, I got into a loop of generic email informing they’d cover the equivalent of barely 43€ for the inconvenience. No more information, just the same email sent over and over as a response. I cannot trust them on handling the baggage issue and the customer service anymore.
RouteParis to Tokyo via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2023

"Good riddance"

Not Verified | Have flown Etihad now 14 years / exceptional then the decline, gold member for 11 years and found the service in the air above par. Stayed with them through the recent bad times even though service had dropped . But now they have in their wisdom decided to overhaul their frequent flyer guest program - well to suffice another major slap in the face to their frequent loyal flyers. No upgrades, no seat availability, 4 times the miles to use, not to mention the wonderful 241 miles voucher is now only available in Jan to April - but you pay almost close to the same full fare with their taxes and most pay part cash - a blatant marketing lie . Etihad your customers in UAE are walking away and your CEO is not listening . Good riddance.
RouteDublin to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Never again with these people"

Trip Verified | I was a day late with my Abu Dhabi flight to Tokyo due to an accident and travelled the next day. To my utter amazement Etihad cancelled my return flights and to cut to the chase they had to put me up in an airport hotel as my original flight was now sold out. What sort of an airline cancels a return business class flight without even letting me know. I only found out by accident when I went into manage my booking! The flights themselves were very ordinary at best, nice enough cabin crew but food poor. Never again with these people.
RouteOsaka to Dublin via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2024

"almost like a low cost airline"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | This airline is almost like a low cost airline. Business class it has a normal service, almost like economy class. Terrible staff in all the four flights I made with them. Check in ok, but in the business class terminal in Abu Dhabi, service was normal, no smiles or good night. Nothing. If I request anything to eat, the answer was: ´am sorry, we don´t have this or that". The crew weren´t nice at all. It seems they were doing a favor to attend your requests. In one of the flights, in a 777, the plane was very old and it was always very hot in the cabin. Meals were average, with no good taste. Overall, I was regret choosing this airline.
RouteManila to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2024

“Poor service by the airline staff”

(Qatar)

Not Verified | It's my first time journey with this Airline with lots of expectations. But the first journey itself ended with poor dream. Frequent change of Boarding gates after issuance of the boarding pass. This happened to me during my outward and onward journeys. This might be funny for the airline but the common passengers especially elders and women struggled a lot due to the last minute change of boarding gates. No announcement or communication about the change of flight timings. Poor communication by ground staff at Abu Dhabi airport. When enquired about the time change the airline staff gave a vague response stating check through the digital display board. No announcement by the airline even after many of the Passengers coming and complaining about the change in gate and time issues. Poor service by the airline staff. Blankets not provided by the airline. When enquired by one of the passenger, staff responded in unmannerly way stating that it will be hot after takeoff. Further staff responded that all the available blankets were already issued. Eventhough extra blankets are available in the cabin storage area.
RouteChennai to Doha via Abu Dhabi