Etihad Airways

"Overall good service"

Not Verified | Abu Dhabi to Dublin, Business. Overall a smooth experience - had an issue with on line check in - so did so at the airport and a professional and friendly lady assisted. The lounge was offering food but in covid times and offerings I passed. On board crew were functional / professional and checked in on throughout the flight Food was fine - breakfast and drinks served when needed. Overall good service - nothing outstanding - but I understand that in Covid times the crew are their to ensure guest safety which they did.
AircraftBoring 787
RouteAbu Dhabi to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"worst flight I’ve ever taken"

Trip Verified | Seating as expected in business on a new aircraft - nothing remarkable. Same with food. Cabin service non existent except for the two meals - on one’s own for anything else, in the galley, help yourself to packaged sandwich and candy bars. My main complaint relates to COVID precautions. All passengers required to wear a mask at all times, except when eating. In front of me was a 92-year old medical patient who needed periodic oxygen, coughed almost constantly during the flight, and had a doctor’s waiver so not required to wear a mask. He was accompanied by three caregivers who were in the aisle next to me constantly also not wearing masks. The cabin crew gave all attention to this traveling party, I felt as if I didn’t exist. The worst flight I’ve ever taken. Never Etihad again - Emirates or Qatar in the future.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2021

"said the broken stroller was normal wear and tear"

Trip Verified | I've been waiting for a refund since September 2020. Each call I make gives me promise of refund within 1 to 15 days. 2021 - Broke my child's stroller, left us helpless at the airport. Filled out a form, gave them a receipt, and they said the broken stroller was normal wear and tear. Horrible attitude behind fake smiles, and the outsourced nameless staff keep transferring responsibilities until the customer gives up. Please don't use them if you have a choice.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2021

"worst airline I have ever travelled"

Trip Verified | Horrendous airline, avoid at all cost. I have been stranded in Pakistan for the past 4 months because of this airline. They have cancelled our flight 4 times and every time they do it the last minute. We were supposed to fly on the 16th of June and now they are telling us that the next available flight is on 16th of July. We asked for a refund and they refused to give it. We are already out of money due to being stranded here and they are taking advantage of that. This airline has been the worst airline I have ever travelled on. Wont ever be booking with them again and I suggest you do the same. Absolutely pathetic.
RouteLahore to London via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"the lack of customer service"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Jeddah to Washington DC via Abu Dhabi, with my 9-old son and my other 14-year-old son on Aug 06th, 2019. The first leg was from JED to AUH. This flight was delayed which was the first of many problems in this fiasco. In Abu Dhabi, indirect flight through Rome was booked without my consent and without asking me. Boarding passes were printed and placed on a bench with many other boarding passes. Communication with the employees was not very pleasant and stiff. There was around a 12-hour transit that I had to endure with my two kids in an arranged hotel by Etihad. The room had only two single beds, we were three passengers. When I asked for an extra bed, they said I had to pay. I wasn’t able to complete my American immigration process because the flight that was arranged for me without my consent was not direct. This defeated the whole purpose of my original plan; I chose this flight via AUH to finish part of my immigration in AUH. I was assigned different seats then what I had initially paid extra for, in all my flights. I paid 126 USD. I arrived at IAD after a long exhausting trip with my kids and was shocked to find my luggage damaged. I went to the office at IAD, they told me they can’t do anything and that I have to make a claim online. With all the delays included we finally arrived at our destination over 24 hours later than anticipated. I had incurred losses over $1326 USD in additional costs between expensive airport meals, and much needed supplies. These costs add up, but what really is more aching is the way that we felt like handled. The employees, rather than helping, were simply passing us along without the help that we needed. It was a series of problems, one on top of another. Not just a single failure to perform, which can be understood. We understand that mistakes happen, computer failures occur and things can’t always run as smoothly as planned. However, we don’t understand the lack of customer service that we received. We felt disregarded and unvalued. We realize many customers experienced delays and similar problems, but we still felt like things could have been handled better.
RouteJeddah to Washington via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they came and consoled me"

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Chicago to Bangalore due to family emergency, the moment I boarded the flight I got to know my father had left this world. I was sad and crying but the cabin crew Nora and her colleague florentina the moment thy got the know they came and consoled me and they checked on me throughout the flight. They made sure I eat something and I sleep and stay hydrated it was a journey which had so much pain that I felt I won’t be able to make it. Nora made sure she gets me wifi access so that I can stay in contact with my family along with that she also made sure once I reach Abu Dhabi I have a good rest. All of them came as angels and helped me reach safely and without the help I could not had gathered strength to console my family
RouteChicago to Bangalore via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2021

"rescheduled with more than 24 hrs of layover"

Trip Verified | My parents tickets was initially scheduled for 19th April from Trivandrum to Washington DC with a 3 hr layover in AUH and was rescheduled by the airline itself later and notified us via email that our flight got rescheduled with more than 24 hrs of layover in AUH! We haven’t notified anything regarding their hotel arrangements made me suspicious and I called the customer service with around 50 mins of wait time to talk to an agent! And customer service rep then informed us that they will not provide food or accommodation even though it’s rescheduled by the airline itself with more than 24 hrs of layover. I have made 5 phone calls to Etihad customer service for multiple queries regarding the same booking with a wait time of 1hr or more each time to talk to an agent ( which is ok) but the fun part begins here.
RouteTrivandrum to Washington via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2021

"refused to refund extra 100 plus dollars"

Trip Verified | I travelled on Etihad in the start of April 2021. I'm extremely dissatisfied with the service. I planned to have a extra bag when I was coming back home to USA. When I tried to Check in online three times using different credit cards but No success. The system was asking for a Code that I never received. I called my credit card Capital one to inquire and they have no record of Etihad trying to buy the extra bag online. So Etihad Airways never communicated with my credit card companies. My payment was not processed by Etihad. I was not able to check in online. The fee for one extra bag was $157.00 There was no information about the extra payment on the airport. There was no information on the website about extra payment at the airport. This information was not shared with me on any email either. Not knowing that I would pay extra at the airport. I went to airport and when I checked in my extra bag, it costs me $274, which was almost double the price $157. I was not informed at the website that I would be paying extra at the airport. Etihad refused to refund extra 100 plus dollars
RouteNew York to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2021

"my luggage came out 25 kg"

Trip Verified | It was my first time flying with Etihad, I was traveling alone for first time in my life. They have me such a hard time at airport for luggage weight. The limit is 23 kg each bag and mine at home were like a kg or two above 23 and I was thinking its ok. On counter they asked me for extra money as my luggage came out 25 kg, I never paid extra for few kgs weight with Emirates so it was quite shocking for me. I have to pay 110$ at Etihad counter. I will never fly with them again. In Plane for some reason I requested to change my seat and one of attendants was so rude and told me that there is a law that you cannot change your seat and you have to sit where you are.
RouteNew York to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Etihad what has gone so wrong with you?"

Not Verified | Gold member - General feedback on their website and reservations. Tried 6 hours to reserve a seat on their website and it crashed and off line - Called the gold line - 6 times - 3 times disconnected- other 3 hours taking to agents who did their very best to help but due to their internal processes, could get no where. The “supervisors“ at all times not available dealing with other guests .. clearly numerous complaints. Appears Even in Covid they want to pack an aircraft to the fullest with no spacing. One only asked for exit row and would pay to have a seat free ? Impossible. After 4 hours wasted on calls and further time on their non functioning website I just gave up and cancelled the flight. Emirates booked me in minutes and had a spaced seating plan in place. Etihad what has gone so wrong with you? I actually felt sorry for the call agents as they were nothing but apologetic and did their very best, zero leadership to support them.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Male