Ethiopian Airlines

"I was very impressed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Very pleasant flight with Ethiopian Airlines on Nov 28: Due to a very recent op, I required some assistance from the flight crew. They were very helpful and kind, I was very impressed. Flight was uneventful and comfortable, food was nice, all good! Addis airport for transfer from previous flight? Chaotic and seemingly rather disorganized. Luggage arrived fast in BKK, appreciated that!
RouteAddis Ababa to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2022

"The services was a disaster!"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | I had travelled with Ethiopian Airlines several times, always wishing that the same thing that happened to me before will change but it didn't. I travelled long distance with my kids and the 6 times I used Ethiopian the tablets on the seat were never working, a trip with a kid of 5 years old and a 1 year old is very hard, they also never gave any play kits for the kids. I asked many times and they just answered that they don't have any. The light on the top was also on all trip, on my face for 16 hours and it wasn't working as well and of course they couldn't do anything about. The crew from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo and the other crew from Sao Paulo to Ethiopia were rude, answering in a bad mood, making faces between them and running and shouting at people, it was just terrible. I didn't travel with my husband so I expected some help from the crew but nothing happed, when they saw me carrying my baby and bags and my other daughter was scared, they didn't even try to help me. The services was a disaster!
RouteBuenos Aires to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"told to stand at the counter and wait for 15 minutes"

Trip Verified | Got a bunch of emails for upgrades, then couldn't finish my online check-in due to ‘system errors’. After the personal check-in was told to stand at the counter and wait for 15 minutes only to be asked why I am standing there, I can go and board the plane. And on top heavily damaged a brand new Samsonite luggage bag.
RouteOslo to Stockholm
Date FlownNovember 2022

"The staff were mostly distant during the flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | This review only covers BKK to ADD Business Class was less than half full, not a high work load for the staff. Flight went sour for me 20 minutes into the flight, the Purser yelled at me for no reason, I was stunned. Claiming I jumped the queue to the bathroom (there was no queue). This has never happened to me, beats me what she was thinking, poor behaviour from a Purser! The staff were mostly "distant" during the flight (not just to me!), but some were very friendly and nice. Food was nothing fantastic (beef was tough). During the entire flight, the Purser looked sour, luckily she was mostly working in eco. At arrival in Addis, chaos as eco passengers stormed forward and I missed the business class bus and my wheelchair assistance.
RouteBangkok to Johannesburg via Addis Ababa

"my suitcase was broken"

Trip Verified | Customers care is horrible! I flew with Ethiopian to Paris. At arrival my suitcase was broken. I filed a complaint at the airport and the crew promised to send me a replacement suitcase. After 5 weeks waiting and trying to contact the customer service still nothing I will have to fly back without a suitcase and my one year old baby. Very bad service.
RouteMombasa to Addis via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"staff at Chennai must be polite with customers"

Not Verified | As per new rules they follow, passengers who traveling on Ethiopian Airlines must hold return ticket only with Ethiopian airlines to get boarding pass. Actually my return ticket was with Qatar Airways. If they follow the rules, should inform very earlier to passengers those who travel in Ethiopian Airlines. Ground staff at Chennai who are responsible to explain the reason why they denied to issue boarding pass must be polite with customers.
RouteChennai to Addis Ababa
Date FlownOctober 2022

"tried using credits the problems started"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We had booked to fly in 2020 but had to cancel because of covid. We were given credits for 2 different flights. When I tried using these credits the problems started. Dealing with Ethiopian Reservations is a stressful exercise. Ringing is totally stressful. An agent answers and then I would start my explanation and they would cut me off. Emailing is slightly better but I would have to send the same information several times before I got anyone to do anything. Finally I booked our flights. Two weeks before we were due to fly they canceled one of the bookings and said we would have to change the dates. After much stress with emails and calls I finally sorted it out. We were told we could use our excess credit for an upgrade. But, when we tried to do this they refused. The flights were OK. Staff not so helpful or friendly. The food was disgusting and the mains were inedible.
RouteBangkok to Addis Ababa
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"no way to treat loyal customers"

Not Verified | I have been flying regularly between Frankfurt and Addis for the last 3 years and I have silver status on the ET loyalty program Shebamiles. I used the possibility to upgrade from Economy to Business by submitting a bid a couple times. I worked quite well until today. I had received the email that my bid was accepted and that I had been upgraded around noon. Imagine my surprise when the unfriendly lady at the check-in counter could not find my booking. Apparently someone had booked a Business class ticket and I was back down to Economy. No email, no nothing, except for rude staff at the counters. Do not offer this upgrade possibility if you give away the seats anyway. This is no way to treat loyal customers and I will find different airlines for the future.
RouteFrankfurt to Addis Abeba
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I would fly them again"

Trip Verified | They were good not the best but a resounding B+ grade! The food was good! The tv did work, mostly, and the plane was clean. Air crew were competent. I have no real complaints. They were constantly sending me emails to upgrade my seat. On the whole I would fly them again.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Addis Ababa
Date FlownAugust 2022

"last experience was so disappointing"

Not Verified | Lomé to New York JFK. I used to recommend that company, but my last experience with them was so disappointing. Like we say, as long as there's no issue, everything it's fine. As soon as you need them, you realize that they are not professional at all. They just want your money, they will assist you, call you to book your ticket, but as soon it's done, you're not longer their priority. I was flying from Douala to Lomé, then from Lomé to New York JFK (07/25/22), They lost my bag. And till today no bag, no news from them. I don't even remember how many times I tried to call them, it just rings, they don't pick up, it's like you calling a personal phone. Sometimes it's better to pay more for a better service, I can't recommend them anymore, and am going to keep posting negative reviews on social media to warn people against company like Ethiopian Airlines.
RouteLomé to New York JFK