Copa Airlines

"certainly fly them again"

Trip Verified | Guatemala City to Panama City in business. Only drawback was ground services in Guatemala, it took 35 mins for a queue of 5 though staff not unfriendly - only reason for not giving a 10. Boarding was fine and on time. On-board was fantastic, FA called us by name and took our meal order before take-off. Business class has 10 seats in a 2-1 configuration on the plane, so wider and more recline then economy, so felt spacious from the start. For the 2 hour flight had our own FA attending to us and my salmon dish was really tasty, served with warm bread. A decent choice of drinks for a short flight. Never flown Copa before - I was impressed and would certainly fly them again.
AircraftE190
RouteGuatemala City to Panama City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Excellent airline"

(Costa Rica)

Not Verified | San Jose to Guatemala City. Excellent airline. The flight was from Juan Santamaria Intl. to La Aurora Intl. operated by Copa Airlines Colombia, a flight of 1 hour and 25 minutes. The plane was so cold, also. Meal was a sandwich and a drink, I ordered a Coca-Cola.
AircraftE190
RouteSan Jose to Guatemala City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Not baby friendly"

Not Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Panama City. Not baby friendly at all. They have a priority lane that goes slower than the regular lane, because everyone goes there, no employee to check who goes where in the lanes, I have never seen that with any other airline. So we ended up waiting on line with a crying baby. We asked someone why it was taking so long, they said they would take us next but didn't! On the plane, an employee got mad because I was walking in the aisle to calm my baby. Worst airline company for babies! The food is not very good and we had a 6 hour flight with no entertainment.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Panama City
Date FlownOctober 2019

Copa Airlines customer review

Not Verified | Washington to Santiago via Panama. Worst flight experience i have had on both my flight to and from santiago. Never have i experienced such filthy planes and horrible service. The employees on the ground are incredibly rude and unhelpful, one even told me the wrong gate during my connection despite me asking 3 times to make sure and i almost missed my connection. Paid to reserve a seat and received a confirmation email stating my seat was reserved, when arrived at the airport was informed they were overbooked and i was downgraded to a middle seat that was broken and couldn't even recline. Was told that they would do nothing to help the situation.
RouteWashington to Santiago via Panama
Date FlownAugust 2019

"no idea how to handle visa matter"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Vancouver via Denver. They lost our baggage during our stopover maybe San Francisco or Panama and we didn't get our luggage until three days. Plus when we got to the check-in counter at Bogota airport, we had to wait for almost one hour just because all the staff at the counter had no idea how to handle our visa matter. They didn't seem to issue flight tickets flying to Canada from Colombia via USA. A young female staff who couldn't even speak English kept us waiting making an excuses like our computer system wasn't working. But we had our Esta for the US, Eta & three-year working visas in Canada. And besides, Carrying our passport, we can travel to 198 countries in the world without any problems. Even if we don't have our visa in Canada, we can still stay there for three months legally. We felt frustrated waiting at Copa airlines check-in counter. Because it wasn't that we had to wait so long standing there but because all the three staff at the counter had no professional knowledge at the airport.
RouteBogota to Vancouver via Denver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the service was outstanding and friendly"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Toronto to Lima to Havana. I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative ratings and comments about Copa. I enjoyed this airline far more than for example Air Canada, which gives you neither food nor alcoholic drinks and was late for all my flights. Copa was spot on time, my vegetarian meal was great, the seas were wide and the was enough leg room, and the service was outstanding and friendly. I will use this airline again. Thanks, to the flight attendants.
RouteToronto to Lima to Havana
Date FlownJune 2019

"the worst customer services"

Not Verified | My wife and I flew from Vancouver to Rio de Janeiro to visit relatives and a much needed vacation. On our flight back to Vancouver we experienced the worst customer services to date. The aircraft for our flight from Panama City to Denver came to the gate with a slight delay (no problem, that happens), we boarded and in a few minutes the crew informed that the aircraft had a mechanical issue that would take 30-60minutes to be fixed. Then, 10 minutes later we were informed that the doors would be opened so we could leave the plane and board the plane again once the issue was fixed. However that was said only in Spanish, which I understand, but a good part of the passengers didn’t. One of the flight attendants walked by and I verified if the information was correct, she confirmed and I told the passengers around me that we were supposed to leave the aircraft. We left and were told to be back in an hour to board the plane. When we got back the boarding gate had changed in the departures screen, but the gate where we boarded first affirmed that nothing had changed. Since it seemed confusing, I went to the customer service to make sure what we were supposed to do. The customer service confirmed the gate change, but all the passengers were still at the former gate going through security and getting ready to board the plane (which would no longer be taking off). Then we proceeded to the customer service help desk to look for a solution. After almost TWO hours of waiting (I was the 3rd person on the line) for answers or a position from the airline, which remained in total silence for most of that time, some of the customer service members for the airline were literally laughing at the passengers looking for assistance, of which was a lady with a two month old baby. Total disrespect. The customer centre was basically empty, only one young lady trying her best, but completely unable to assist, since she didn’t know what to do. The supervisor literally took of saying he would print boarding passes and didn’t show up for 45 minutes. After multiple attempts asking at the gate for more team members to come to customer centre to assist the passengers, two Copa agents showed up to assist. I was the 3rd on the line and it took almost 2 hours to get to the counter and be assisted... after a long wait Copa printed a few vouchers, which were not enough for all the passengers (they ended up printing more). A route that was supposed to take 23 hours, ended up taking 39hours. Then after all our check bags were missing. I called the company and I was told to send an email, which will take 7 to 15 days to be answered, and again, the lady over the phone, made little of the situation and said that eventually it will be taken care of. I wonder how this airline can be so disrespectful to customers... The level of disrespect at their customer centre at the airport in Panama City was just disgusting. It came to a point that the lady with a two month old baby said they should stop laughing because nobody was joking around. Simply sad and disgusting!
RouteRio de Janeiro to Vancouver via Panama
Date FlownAugust 2019

"customer service is the worst"

Not Verified | The mint, but the customer service when it comes to helping the passenger is the worst that my family and I have experienced! To make use of the voucher that Copa provides passengers with compensation for their bad service, to use that voucher is even worse! 5 failed attempts to use it. The staff they have cannot read or pay attention to the passenger! I do not recommend them. Before receiving or doing something with copa airlines, inform yourself well. La mentable, pero el servicio al cliente cuando se trata de ayudar al pasajero es el peor que mi familia y yo hemos experimentado! Para hacer uso de los voucher que Copa le proporciona a los pasajeros con indemnizacion a su mal servicio, para usar ese voucher es aún peor! 5 intentos fallidos para usarlo. El personal que tienen no saben leer ni dar atención al pasajero! No los recomiendo. Antes de recibir o hacer algo con copa airlines, infórmese bien
RouteNew Orleans to Punta Cana via Panama
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I really recommend it"

(Paraguay)

Not Verified | Asunción to Boston via Panama City. Very good airline, I really recommend it. Crew is friendly, and food is kind of good. The IFE is really poor though. The seat is much better than what I thought because of the price. It’s the fastest way to travel from the South America to North America/ Caribbean
RouteAsunción to Boston via Panama City
Date FlownApril 2019

"customer service is the worst"

Trip Verified | Copa Airlines customer service is the worst. I bought 5 tickets for my family members and I chose Bank Transfer. The same day I went to my Bank and made the transfer. All of this was done On July 12th, today July 25th, after 15 calls and spoken to even the same representative twice, Copa airlines says that even though I provided proof of the transfer they still don't have the money but the money left my account 13 days ago. I asked them who is the bank involved on these types of transfer and they told me different countries but none is the one they sent me on the instructions on the confirmation email. All they do is give me the run around and nobody knows what is happening. On 5 of those 15 calls I was placed on hold and cut-off after 2 minutes, making me have to call again and explain everything all over again to a new representative. This Airline has no respect for people's hard worked money. First on the confirmation email I was never told to email them with the receipt of the transfer. Second, after that was done and they sent me an auto-reply saying in less than 24 hours we are gonna contact you, nobody did. Third, now that same department is telling the representative to tell me about the money not being on their account. What is this? Couldn't they have emailed me and told me that instead of keep me waiting? Bottom line, I do think that they got the money but they are trying to rip me off.
RouteHavana to Santo Domingo via Panama