Copa Airlines

"Stay away from Copa"

Trip Verified | Actually I flew in April 2020. Because of the pandemic Copa cancelled my return flight and left me stranded . I had to buy a return via NYC with Delta which cost me more than my round trip with Copa. Copa through Expedia gave me credit. However I just found out that that credit could only be used for a return only from Santo Domingo , which cost as much as a round trip , and of course I'd have to buy a one way ticket to get there to use it. In other words a scam . Shameless proactive from Copa. Stay away from Copa.
RouteMexico City to Santo Domingo via Panama
Date FlownNovember 2020

"IFE was nice and service was standard"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Both flights were on B737-800 and on nice and clean aircraft, and the flights were on time. IFE was nice and service was standard packed chips & cookies with coffe or beverages and water. Very difficult to get business upgrade challenge unless to bet good money. Due to covid we had to get voicher and reschedule our trip, always had to call their customer center and spend extra money. Also had to pay extra U$244 for 2 tickets of the new flights
RoutePanama to Guatemala
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Avoid them or get ready for a long ordeal"

Not Verified | I already had one awful experience with Copa and now 4 months later, it's the gift that keeps on giving. They agreed to refund me since everything was their fault (isn't that nice) but it's been 4 months and no refund. I reached out twice to ask what was going on, and was told each time that they didn't have what they needed to process my refund. If I hadn't reached out, they never would have told me anything. However, the last exchange was over a routing number that I gave them 2 months ago. You ever get the feeling that you're just being messed around? Copa Airlines is as trust worthy as a coyote with a mouthful of feathers. Avoid them or get ready for a long ordeal.
RouteSan Jose, Costa Rica to Quito
Date FlownJune 2021

"Worst airline ever"

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. The lady at the counter was very rude to where she belittled you out loud where others could hear. Then weighed my carry on which I’ve never had experienced with any airline and had to pay $45 to check my carry on due to 2 lbs over. At that they had canceled our original flight back home and pushed it out one more day where we had to pay for an additional day of hotel and car rental. Costing us additional expenses which we did not plan for. This is the first and last time I travel with this airline.
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Costa Rica via Panama City
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Staff super inefficient"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline I've ever experienced. They cancelled my flight without saying anything to me about it. Had to spend an extra day in Panama. Staff super inefficient. I have a lot of patience but the airline in it's entirety is very subpar. This is the first and only time I'll ever use them again. Disappointing.
RoutePanama to Boise
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never again will make business with them"

Trip Verified | I have to delay my flight for COVID reason and the first two representative say to me its a penalty fee of 100 to 150 dollar each ticket. 1 day after when i call because i don't have received my credit voucher it say now its 300 us dollars of penalty (for a ticket price of 400 dollars). First time i use this company and never again will make business with them.
RouteMontreal to Bogota via Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2021

"fly direct with another airline"

Not Verified | Copa Airlines, another failure in terms of customer service and attention. From check-in at the airport in Punta Cana until your arrival in Miami. The desk worker in Punta Cana only knows how to mistreat and say answers such as: "I don't know" or "If you don't want to or you can't, then don't travel with us." Luggage prices that did not appear anywhere from the moment it was reserved and surprisingly they try to load you from a country in which you do not live, whose payment can only be Card, and the cash is not accepted under any term, but has to stay in that country or travel with another airline (according to the checkin desk worker). This same worker is able to mark you in such a way that you are inspected by the Panama Police and they record everything as if you were a criminal looking for possible drugs or other suspicious things, since from the moment I checked in in Punta Cana the supposed agent at the desk seemed suspicious. The food offered on those flights where you have to make a stopover, and it takes almost 12 hours to get home, they only offer you a simple snack of 2 cookies and a 4 oz glass of soda. This helps them so when you get to the Panama airport you find yourself forced to buy food. This airport in Panama has prices 3 times more expensive than the same airport in Miami, so if you fly with Copa Airlines making a stopover in Panama, you'd better fly direct with another airline. The most unpleasant thing was the heat due to the high temperatures on the flights (Punta Cana-Panama, Panama-Miami). You are able to sweat so much that you can feel the seat sweat completely. And the only answer to the service is again: "I don't know" or "Fly with another airline". Copa Airlines, otro fracaso en cuanto a servicio y atencion al cliente. Desde el checkin en el aeropuerto en Punta Cana hasta su llegada a Miami. El trabajador del desk en Punta Cana solo sabe maltratar y decir respuestas como: "No se" o "Sino quiere o no puede, pues no viaje con nosotros". Precios de equipaje que no aparecian por ningun lugar desde el momento se la reserva y sopresivamente te intentan cargar desde un pais en el que no vives, cuyo pago solo puede ser Tarjeta, y no es aceptado el effectivo bajo ningun termino, sino tiene que quedarse en ese pais o viajar con otro aereolinea (segun el trabajador del checkin desk). Este mismo trabajador es capaz de marcarte de tal manera que seas inspeccionado por la Policia de Panama, y te registren todo como si fueras un criminal en busca de posibles drogas u otras cosas sospechosas, ya que desde el momento que hice checkin en Punta Cana al supuesto agente del desk le pareci sospechoso. La comida ofrecida en esos vuelos en los que tienes que hacer escala, y demoras casi 12 horas para llegar a tu casa, solo te ofrecen una simple merienda de 2 galletitas y un vaso de refresco de 4 oz. Esto les sirve para cuando llegues al aeropuerto de Panama te veas en la obligacion de comprar comida. Este aeropuerto en Panama tiene los precios 3 veces mas caros que el mismo aereopuerto de Miami, asi que si volara con Copa Airlines haciendo escala en Panama, mejor vuele directo con otra aerolinea. Lo mas desagradable fue el calor debido a la elevada temperaturas en los vuelos (Punta Cana- Panama, Panama-Miami) Usted es capaz de sudar tanto que puede sentir el asiento sudarse por completo. Y la unica respuesta al servicio es nuevamente: "No se" o "Vuele con otra aerolinea"
RoutePunta Cana to Miami

"The worst check in"

Trip Verified | The worst check in, I know It was my fault the first day they canceled my flight because I spent a few hours with the covid test, but they made me wait until they finished with all the people who were there to take their flight. I was with a child and a baby of months, we waited until 2:30 in the morning for them to give us another flight, the next day they took me out that the baby needs a certificate of good health, the day before they didn't tell me that. I missed the flight once more and I had to I'll wait with my baby again until 2 in the morning so they can change my ticket again, and it was my third time and they told me again that I needed to include the vaccines on the certificate. I told them that it was the last straw, that once again they did not tell us, I think I already see my frustration and my bad mood of two previous days of not sleeping at all, that they let me board the plane, they have no consideration for a person who make the line like the others and had a 6-year-old boy and a 5-month-old baby.the worst that can be. It was not only me, there were many people who had to wait until that time to get a new ticket, a shame that airline was one of my favorites but with this it's over.
RouteWashington to Peru via Panama
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Worse airline ever"

Not Verified | Worse airline ever. First and last time I flight by Copa. The airplane is small, seats are hard, tight and very uncomfortable. For meal they give the passengers a horrible dry bread with a thin slice of ham and cheese, and drinks. That's it. Copa airlines never again. Not for the price I paid over 4,400 dollars.
RouteToronto to Sao Paulo via Panama City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the worst check-in process"

Not Verified | Between my family and I we have flown Copa from Dulles 5 times in the last three months. All I can say is that this airline has the worst check-in process of any airline. I guess they are trying to save money and only staff three check-in counter agents (at Dulles) for an aircraft that can carry at least 150 passengers; it takes, literally, hours to do the check-in. In one my flights I arrived 3 hours and ten minutes before my flight and upon arriving at my destination (GYE) my bags had a late check-in tag!
RouteWashington Dulles to Guayaquil via Panama City