Copa Airlines

"they just completely ignored my request"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I have ever interacted with. I am a seasoned traveler and have used many different airlines over the years. We had a reservation with Copa that had to be cancelled due to Covid, and when I tried to change the reservation, and followed their instructions, the reservation was cancelled and they would not help at all. Despite clear evidence that the problem was on their side and that I followed the suggestions by their agent, they just completely ignored my request and now I am left with useless credits that I have to use within a year on an airline that I would not suggest anyone uses. It would have been very simple for them to just change my reservation but they completely refused. Do not use Copa ever.
RouteGuayaquil to Lima
Date FlownJune 2020

"nothing but misinformation, lies"

Not Verified | Copa Airlines sent a cancellation advisement email in April. I have been trying to get my refund through Expedia for 4 months and then through Copa Airlines for 4 months and have gotten no response to any of my 20+ emails to Copa Airlines. Expedia Supervisor committed to a full refund via email within 30 days of the which would have been May 11th. On May 12th I call Expedia and complain that the refund wasn't received or credited in my bank account. Expedia said they made a mistake and had to start the process all over again and asked for an additional 8 weeks. 8 weeks later they said they ran into a glitch with the Copa Airlines refund tool and needed between 8 to 10 weeks additional time. Copa has been no better. You call their customer service line and they give you email addresses to contact for refund help but they never respond. Their website has a refund tool but you never receive any confirmation as to whether you've actually achieved anything in the way of requesting your refund. No follow-up email. No auto-generated courtesy email.. Nothing! I paid through Expedia so I asked Chase (my bank) to chargeback Expedia but they did a chargeback on Copa Airlines instead. That effort resulted in more frustration as the chargeback was denied. I have tried everything to get help from an ethical, decent, professional at Expedia and at Copa and received nothing but misinformation, lies, and have nothing to show for all my effort after 8 months.
RouteRecife to Panama
Date FlownApril 2020

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. This is an update of the review I posted yesterday. I missed two consecutive days of flights because of Copa Airline's lack of communication, systems malfunction, and also the incompetency of the Copa Airline's rude staff at LAX airport. I now found out that my return flight for this trip that didn't happen has been mysteriously changed to a day earlier. I didn't make a request to change the return date because I never make it to the destination. I'm waiting until later today to get to Copa's counter at SFO to talk to someone there and make my request, so I do not understand how this happened. I will update.
RouteSan Francisco to San José, Costa Rica
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. I missed two consecutive days of flights because of miss information. Copa airline has the worst customer service I ever encountered, they do not have a working phone number to call then and no way to get an answer by email. However, I did also noticed that there are some agents willing to help but they are very busy and the only way you can talk to someone is by getting to the airport while they are processing check-ins and wait a few hours until they are done, if they have time and someone is willing to help you could get help. On 12/8 I went to take my fly from SFO (with a layover in Costa Rica) with the info I could gather on my own and my negative C19 test but it’s was impossible, so they booked a flight for us to Costa Rica for the next day through LAX, and even though I was on time to board Copa an hour before departing they made it impossible for us to take the flight because of malfunctioning of their systems and miscommunication, so last night while I got stuck in LAX from 8 pm to 7 am 12/8-12/9 and after waiting until 3 am to talk to someone, I asked for credit and cancel and credit the return flights and this person told me that I didn’t need to cancel the flights ether the return flight just not to show and I would get a credit, but I didn’t believe her and I realized I was wasting my time talking to her so I’ll have to go to SFO airport and talk to someone else there. Reading the reviews and experiencing all this plus the unfair treatment that I saw at the LAX airport not only to me it totally makes me regret having to book with them and even wanting to travel. I'm looking forward to talking to someone tomorrow when I go to SFO and see what can be done. I'll do my best to update.
RouteLos Angeles to San Jose via Panama City
Date FlownDecember 2020

"The requirements are just impossible to get a refund"

Not Verified | Their return policy is the worst I ever seen. Seems impossible to get a refund. I tried to cancel 5 hrs after I booked and waited 40 minutes on the phone to get a rep. He told me I had to submit a refund request on there website. The requirements are just impossible to get a refund. They don’t deserve business just out of principle because they are unethical.
RouteMedellin to Ecuador
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Been stuck in Nicaragua for 7 months waiting for a refund or a flight back home. Copa is not answering the phone anymore and when I try to access website to get infos on what's going on with my money I get this message : "We are sorry, but the server is unavailable. Please try again.". Filed a complaint to BBB, hope I get my 640$ back, but I'm not holding my breath. Worst airline ever.
RouteManagua to Montreal
Date FlownNovember 2019

"This is an awful airline"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Not Verified | Flew from Montego Bay to Trinidad via Panama City. The flight was over 4 hours late, which made me miss the connecting flight to Port of Spain. We were misinformed which kiosk to go to, which then they insisted I needed a visa to leave the airport which I didn't. By the time I clarified this it was 11 o'clock. Some issues emerged from immigration, which made me stuck in the airport for an entire day. Flight had no halal options. I was given a measly USD150 voucher for future flights. Due to Covid, I asked for a extension of the voucher which they declined. This is an awful airline. I will never fly with them again.
RouteMontego Bay to Port of Spain via Panama City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no refund would be given by Copa"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Houston via Panama City. The wedding / trip was canceled due to covid and no refund would be given by Copa or through the insurance I also purchased. Horrible! Out 300.00. Purchasing through Priceline. A third party also made things a challenge still with no refund.
RouteNassau to Houston via Panama City
Date FlownMay 2020

"doesn't give any refund"

(Costa Rica)

Not Verified | True to Covid we are unable to travel and Copa Airlines doesn't give any refund. Never ever more. We travelled since many years with them but its the last time!
RouteSan Jose to Quito
Date FlownMay 2020

"worst of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | Fortaleza to San Juan via Panama City. This is definitely the worst of the worst airlines ever. I came to check in at Fortaleza airport in Brazil like 3 hours earlier. The manager wouldn't let me checked in because apparently there was a problem with my ESTA to enter America. Then he took 4 hours to check that everything was ok, to then said everything is fine now. By that time my flight had already left and he would't give me a new flight or give me a refund although it was all his fault for taking so long to check on something. I ended up losing $1400, how horrible. I would definitely never book a flight with this airline and i wouldn't recommend anyone to fly with them. They have the worst policies and don't they even care about there customers.
RouteFortaleza to San Juan via Panama City