Condor Airlines

"stranded for 24 hours"

Not Verified | The staff is rude and doesn’t know how to treat the customers. Stranded on the airport for almost 24 hours with food or water. I had to pay from my own pocket for meals. Even after being stranded for 24 hours, company didn’t apologize for the inconvenience. Very shameful for the company and their staff. Never going to fly Condor airlines again and never will recommend anyone this airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"still no luggage or compensation"

Not Verified | Unfortunately our luggage was lost. We are now back from our vacation of three weeks and still no luggage or compensation for having to buy everything. They have not communicated at all with us.
RouteToronto to Frankfurt

"nothing was complimentary"

Not Verified | This has to be the worst airline I have ever traveled with. They are absolutely horrendous. Our flight was delayed by almost 2 hours with no explanation causing us to miss our connecting flight in Toronto. I contacted the staff to see if they could contact our connecting flight. They refused to do so, I've never been on an airline where the staff are as rude as they were on this one. Apparently it's our fault we didn't book a long enough stop over between destinations even though they were two and a half hours late getting the plane off the ground. But that's completely our fault according to the staff. Not only that if you turn your TV off during the flight it will randomly come on with advertisements even though you've turned it off. Everything on that flight cost something nothing was complimentary.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto via St John's

"rude discourteous staff"

Not Verified | The check in process was haphazard and inefficient, and not what we have come to expect of a German company. The staff were quite rude and unhelpful. As if they were doing the passengers a big favor by addressing our ticketing issue. Slow service, rude discourteous staff at every turn. I would think three times about flying this airline again.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2023

“not the best experience”

Not Verified | I was flying with Condor for the first time this Summer and it was a direct flight from Edmonton, AB to Frankfurt. Overall, it was okay..the flight was not late to Frankfurt but it was delayed when I was coming back. Purchased two seats by using Condor Customer service. However, on an airplane map those seats were shown as the ones with more leg room and I paid 300CAD for them which is not cheap. When we were boarding, those seats were all the way in the back, just by the engine, and they were cramped. I think it was a rip off to pay $300 and not even having a little bit of room for legs as it was shown on a map at the time I was purchasing those seats. In fact, some other passengers were also complaining to stewardess about the same problem and I could see that she didn’t know what to say so she came up with some random excuse how there is no extra room. They had some stupid displays hanging from the top and it was saying “Condor” on them so that must be the reason why it seemed to be more leg room, meanwhile it was not. Just some random excuse that she came up with right on spot. Food was also not the greatest, just pasta all the time and it was tasting like garbage. Overall, not the best experience, but it was okay since it’s direct flight to Europe.
RouteEdmonton to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2023

“customer service leaves much to be desired”

Trip Verified | This marked my inaugural and final encounter with Condor Airlines for my upcoming journeys. Regrettably, their Apple app falls significantly short when compared to those of other airlines. It lacks the functionality to update or cancel reservations through the app, and their customer service leaves much to be desired. A recent incident exemplifies this: I reached out to cancel a ticket five days before my trip, citing severe illness as the reason. The original cost of the ticket, which included a $75 fee for a checked bag, stood at $435. Unfortunately, their response was a refund of only $160, and I must wait two weeks for the reimbursement. What exacerbates this situation is that they had already debited my account the moment I confirmed the ticket. From this ordeal, I've learned the importance of choosing well-established airlines that provide better support in such circumstances.
RouteSan Francisco to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"doesn’t give the option to board early"

Trip Verified | I have flown multiple times with Condor from the United States to Germany and back. On my latest flight two out of the flight attendants were rude to me. It was the direct flight from Frankfurt to Anchorage on September 3rd. I asked a flight attendant for help with a window screen and got the reply: “can’t you do this yourself?” Condor doesn’t give the option to board early families with kids. The strollers don’t come out by the airplane door but in the luggage area when you think you gate checked them. It can make you have to walk long ways at the Frankfurt airport with your toddler before you can get your stroller.
RouteFrankfurt to Anchorage
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"return flight was a nightmare"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | We are a family of 6 who flew with Condor for the first time from Milan to Cancun (stopping in Frankfurt with Lufthansa). We often travel around the world, but this company is for sure the worst ever used. The first flight was cancelled 3 hours before departure without notice or assistance, we were rescheduled for the next day without contacting us, which would compromise our holiday plan (which included hotels already paid). After hours of calls with always different answers we understood that we could have left anyway changing departure airport (Linate instead of Malpensa), but they did not tell us, we had to search and ask ourselves. The return flight was a nightmare: we attempted online check-in 24 hours before departure from Mexico, but it did not work in any channel (laptop, smartphone, app). We called 4 times, over half an hour of intercontinental calls at our expense, to hear that check-in was only physically possible at the airport. We arrived at the desk 4 hours before but it was not enough: plane overbooking, to travel in close seats we would have had to spend about 1000 dollars extra, they checked in all the others passengers and threatened not to let us leave, after which we finally left with all separated seats while having a child and an elderly person in our family. Conclusion: a nightmare, if you want to travel in peace and with a minimum of support, avoid this company
RouteCancun to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"fly with another company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | This is one of the least professional companies I have ever used. With a two hours notice, they delayed our flight more than 24 hours! They did not offer any alternative route. Moreover, their assistance phone number was collapsed and it was impossible to reach them. They also offer contact via WhatsApp, which is absolutely ridiculous, since they just reply with an automated message saying they are busy and that the answer will take time (indeed, they never replied). Then, when filing a complaint to claim for a compensation, they send you an email saying that their email inbox is very full and that you should have patience. They even invite you not to contact them again to have updates on the status of your claim. Come on guys, if you are so busy with your email, there are probably two options: your extremely poor service is causing tons of complaints or you do not have enough hired personnel (probably both are true). I would recommend anyone to fly with another company, even if its a bit more expensive. The poor service offered costs a lot of time, which is ultimately more valuable than money (at least for me).
RouteMalaga to Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2023

"absolute worst customer service"

Trip Verified | My partner and I recently flew on Condor from Frankfurt to Toronto. This was the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had. Firstly, Condor staff were extremely rude and dismissive. I had my call button on for an hour, and nobody came to my seat. When I went to the middle area to ask the staff, they shooed me away and sent me to the staff at the back of the plane. When I approached the back, there were three flight attendants laughing and joking around. I told them that I had my call light on for an hour, one of them responded with a smile "Sorry, I forgot" and then went about chatting with his colleagues. Then, they advised that the food I wished to purchase was no longer available. When I asked if they can provide anything complimentary, they said no, to which I responded that "this is the worst airline experience I have ever had" and the flight attendant shrugged his shoulders and simply said sarcastically "sorry!". Secondly, Condor had been completely unhelpful in respect of our connecting flight from Toronto to Vancouver. The Condor flight was over an hour delayed, leaving us with about 1 hour layover before our connecting flight. Understandably, we were concerned. We approached a flight attendant to ask if they could contact Westjet (our connecting airline) to let them know we were going to try to make our connecting flight. They simply said that they will not do that, and that "no airline waits for passengers". I know for a fact that is not true, as I have been on flights where the plane was delayed because it waited for one or two late passengers. I was visibly distressed and the flight attendant rudely told me to "calm down". Then he said it shouldn't be an issue because there would be another flight to Vancouver. Condor refused to offer us, and any other passengers with the same connecting flight, to de-board ahead of other passengers who were not rushed, so that we could make it to our next flight. Once landed, they opened one of two main doors and instructed first class members to de-board first, further delaying us from making it to our next flight. When we left the aircraft none of the staff apologized or said their goodbye comments to us, blatantly ignoring us. In all, we will never fly this airline again, despite us being frequent travelers.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto