Cathay Pacific Airways

(New Zealand)

Flew from CDG to HKG and HKG to AKL return. The service was excellent. I had swollen legs from the first flight and a customer service rep helped me get a visa in to Hong Kong so I could see a doctor and then got me extra legroom on the next flight. Flight attendants checked on me every 20 minutes or so and got me extra blankets and water as needed. I was very taken care of and they went the extra mile. Overall all 4 flights were great: on time with good food and excellent entertainment. Seats weren't great- the life vest thing is in the seatbelt - but it's economy class. The bathrooms were cleaned often so were sparkling. Overall 4 excellent flights and I would happily take them again.

(Philippines)

BAH-MNL delivered a superb service. Cabin crew always friendly and approachable. Inflight entertainment excellent only downside of this particular trip for me was the food as I am not a fan of duck and salmon. This was my 7th time flying with them 8th next month and I cant think of any reason why I wont fly with them for the 9th 10th and so on.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

HKG-LHR 25th April 2014 CX253. The first time I have flown with Cathay Pacific and it won't be the last. Excellent service throughout. Flew outward premium economy and flew back with business class. Aircraft was clean and tidy but the cabin crew were the stars of the show very attentive and pleasant without being too enthusiastic if you know what I mean. The food was excellent in both in premium economy and business class but business class certainly has the edge with the comfort and privacy. My wife doesn't normally sleep well when travelling in aircraft however the fully reclining seat was a great bonus which allowed her to get a few hours of good sleep. In comparison with other airlines I have travelled with the service that Cathay Pacific provides gives it that little bit extra. We can all say the seats are hard or the food needs a little bit extra but at the end of the day it is the staff who can make or break a journey and for me the staff certainly made it for me.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Flew SIN-HKG-KIX return on A340 B747 and B777 all in Y. Seats on the 340 and 747 were comfortable enough but seat pitch on 777 (regional version) was very tight especially after the person in front of me fully-reclined his seat. Crew on all flights friendly and many smiles. But HKG-SIN 777 flight was a red-eye and they served only a snack box with sandwich and juice box leaving me famished for the 3.5 hours.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

EWR-HKG in Premium Economy and HKG-EWR in business (thanks to an unexpected upgrade). Had a great experience in both classes attentive but not too present service new airplanes clean friendly on time good connections in HKG (although I found their inter-connection with their subsidiary Dragonair not optimal) classy. Would definitely fly them again. Premium Economy product was good and definitely worth it on a 16hrs flight. While meals are close to those of economy if not the same the cabin quietness and space are enough to make this worth it. Business class was one of the best I've been in with attentive and not over-present service classy and providing you with the options you need when you want them for a pleasant and relaxing flight. Cathay definitely carried the magic of Hong Kong on their flights. Business class seating and bed is very good roomy and comfortable. A very good experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

SYD-HKG-CDG return left April 12 return April 19. I flew this same route last June/July and chose to fly CX again. The flight to HK on 330 was very comfortable with excellent food and service. The inflight entertainment was good with a wide variety. I slept a little enjoying the flat bed. The flight to CDG later in the evening was in the small front business cabin. I wanted to try this because everyone raves about the cosier and more private space. I was in 11K. Small cupboards are located right here as well and these were accessed a lot by FA which was distracting and did wake me up several times. Also after dinner was served it is a long wait to breakfast. My only complaint is that the flat bed is much firmer than the 330 and in fact uncomfortable and difficult to sleep on at times. On the return flight from CDG-LHR I was in the main business cabin this time which was in fact quieter. The FAs did disappear for sometime and often were engaging in conversations in the galley and less interested in checking on PAX during the flight. When I requested a snack because it was way past dinner time in terms of Paris time the FA was at first a little put out by my request (a first in my experience flying CX). I also found the inflight entertainment almost identical on all flights and hence found it difficult to find anything to watch. Admittedly it was return flight in one week. The flight from HKG-SYD was very good with probably better service than the Paris legs. The food was good although the dinner was served only half way through the flight and then nothing for the last four-five hours. All flights were punctual and even early at times. It is a good value for money business class ticket especially as their business class is one of the best overall. I would fly CX business again even though not as good as last year.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I've flown for 10 years from Paris to HKG every month at least twice a month. I've seen the service quality whether in economy or business class drastically going down from 2009. The food has become much poorer quantity and quality-wise. The temperature in cabin was very cold and most of the time no more blankets left even for my 9 year old daughter. The online booking does not show you complete routes when booking a ticket. Example: HK to Singapore they don't mention there is a stop in Bangkok. So you just get the surprise at check-in. If you want to upgrade from your miles you need to buy a more expansive ticket and even then you are not sure you can be upgraded. Even as a frequent flyer of this company it became almost impossible to book a front row seat over the years. Before as a Marco Polo gold member I could easily get any seat I required. Will never will fly with them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Flew Business/Premium from Perth Australia to LHR and return. Cannot fault the crew on all 4 flights - they were very pleasant and efficient. Food and service in Business was very good and above average in Premium Economy. Ground/check-in staff at LHR very helpful with flight changes. The seats in Premium weren't the most comfortable but there was plenty of legroom which is always a problem for me being quite tall. I'll certainly fly Cathay again especially whilst their fares remain so competitive.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Thailand)

We flew BKK-HKG-NRT. The BKK-HKG route was on a A330-300 with the new seating product. We were on CX524 flight departed on-time. About an hour after take-off crew started serving meals. There were 2 meal choices and there were plenty of meals for all passengers. Flight landed before schedule which was excellent. Had a 5 hr layover at HKG. Flight to NRT left approximately 30 minutes late but landed 2 minutes before schedule. Meal service on board was a snack meal. Drinks offered upon request. Crew were friendly and always smiling.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Our group flew CX650 on 9 Apr 2014 and returned CX715 on 15 Apr 2014. Both sectors the in-flight service was good and cabin crew served with smile. The economy class seat is comfortable. The breakfast meal of scrambled egg was flat while the dinner meal of chicken curry was delicious. Overall enjoyed my CX flight and will recommend this airline.