Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Flew from Sydney to Hong Kong - very disappointed. The seat is comfortable but the service was quite poor. Some cabin crews were rude with no smile. The catering was disappointing and the portion was quite small. Won't fly this airline again.

(New Zealand)

Flew AKL to Heathrow via Hong Kong and return. Flew in 3 different aircraft types. Really excellent staff and food. Very nice seat comfort especially 777ER with a space for everything. Had read negative comments about the coffin class on A340-300 but actually found them quite good. A little disappointed in film selection but most of the flights were at night so didn't matter too much. Very happy to recommend business class with Cathay Pacific and would fly with them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

The Business class alas is not for families and those who want to sit next to each other and talk. It is designed almost exclusively for people traveling by themselves. I have a 3 year old (and he was 2 years old and I had still purchased a separate seat for him) but a child this young needs someone next to him for all the obvious reasons. Unfortunately the designers did not make any allowance for people like myself. What a pity. The staff were nice and helpful but I will not want to travel in Business class in Cathay again unless I am by myself which is hardly ever the case.

(Israel)

HKG-TSA-KIX and return. Very nice staff but its the only good thing that I can say about this flight. In both flights I flew 777 but different cabin types. First time it was old type Economy seats was ok very poor entertainment on flight but in return it was New Economy Class and its terrible even in 5 hours flights. I don't know what they were thinking when they made seats that do not actually recline!

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Dubai - Hong Kong - Sydney. I have flown this route with Cathay now 3 times in the last 5 months in the new business class. It takes me an extra six odd hours on this route with the stop over rather than with Qantas direct however that's where the negatives stop. Considering the price which is consistently 2000 dollars less expensive return and what I regard as a better product than QF (seats all have aisle access much more privacy etc) it's a no brainer. Cathay every time as the saving/product far out weighs the extra travel time. The inflight service food and all round package has for me Has been consistently excellent as well. Will continue with them for all my travel!

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I had not flown CX for some time but was massively disappointed. 3 of the 4 business class flights (UK - Hong Kong - Singapore) were in seats that should have been scrapped years ago (747 especially). It was like travelling in an old coffin. The equipment was ancient I have not seen such poor seats and screens in other airlines for at least ten years. The screen at one time gave a message that Heathrow terminal 5 would be opening in March 2008 and that care should be taken when using Heathrow. This is amazingly poor. The food was more like economy standard than business. The choice of films and other entertainment was limited with very few recent films. The whole experience was not what I expect from a 'quality' airline. The only redeeming factor was that most of the staff were very helpful.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

MNL-HKG-LHR. While the new reclining economy seats on its 777s are certainly appreciated service levels continue to be eroded. Online check-in did not open until 12 hours before the flight - I suspect because I was departing from MNL - which meant that there were hardly any seats available to select on the HKG-LHR flight. Food was generally bad and of course they ran out of options. Cathay now serves tap water which would be fine were it not that there was a very bleachy aftertaste in the water served on the flight to London. Cathay seems unable to serve cold drinks. Having recently flown long haul with Singapore Airlines I would say that there is a vast difference between these two airlines' economy offerings with Cathay much the worse.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Business class Sydney-Hong Kong-Milan (points reward ticket). Excellent flights . Seats very comfortable service superb in all aspects. Would definitely recommend.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Id originally booked my SYD-LHR flight with Virgin Atlantic. The day before my flight I was informed that the incoming flight to HKG from LHR had been sent back to LHR due to engine problems. I was then rebooked on Qantas SYD to HKG then Cathay Pacific HKG to LHR. I was upgraded to Business on the SYD-HKG leg then had a 6 hour lay over in HKG. All attempts to get the window seat I had requested met with apologies as the flight was full. I am used to a little more room given the fact that I am spending the extra dollars on the Premium Economy cabin. The configuration was 2-4-2. I was stuck in the middle and as soon as the meal service had ended and the trays collected the whole row in front of my row reclined their seats making it impossible to get out of the seat without disturbing my neighbour. Which meant that for the entire 12 hour flight from HKG to LHR I was only able to get up once during the flight to go to the toilet. It would make more sense to remove an entire row and space the cabin accordingly. I can't imagine how bad the Economy section was. I will never travel Cathay Pacific again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

NRT-HKG SIN-HKG and HKG-SFO September 1st 3rd and 5th respectively. First two flights were in Business Class on an A330 - lots of room great service and food. Studio C entertainment worked well and flights were on time. HKG-SFO flight was in First Class and on a 747-400. There were 4 passengers in the cabin and the service was excellent. 3 Flight Attendants and I felt like I was in a 5-Star hotel and restaurant. Having flown them before on the 777-300ER in First I was aware of their service/food etc. but this flight surpassed previous experiences. It is one of those times when you wished it did not have to end. The bed on the 747 and 777-300ER is the best I have experienced. The seat alone at 36 inches wide is enough space for two people. I hope to fly Cathay Pacific again.
Seat TypeFirst Class