Brussels Airlines

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service we've ever experienced. An agent made an error on a booking amendment resulting in us having to book an expensive last minute flight. We called immediately to dispute the matter and were assured we'd receive a call back shortly. That was almost 2 months ago. We have called a further 5 times to no avail. The matter is still not resolved. We will never be using this airline again. 1 out of 10 in generous. Would give it 0 if I could.
RouteLondon to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2022

"they assumed I would not return"

(Barbados)

Trip Verified | Brussels Airlines cancelled my ticket and did not take responsibility. They said they could not do anything about it and that I would need to buy a new ticket. Yet they cancelled my ticket without asking me if I wanted the flight, having travelled a different way to Lisbon, they assumed I would not return so cancelled my ticket.
RouteLisbon to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"experience was pretty average"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | On July 23rd I flew with Brussels Airlines from Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport to Brussels. My flight experience was kind of average, my ticket costed about 600 Euros roundtrip, which was pretty expansive for an only carry-on luggage allowance ticket, but it was my fault due to late purchase of the tickets. If purchasing in advance, I could've saved 50% of the price of the tickets, which is a pretty good price considering it's not a low-cost airline, well, not exactly. I had an early morning flight, departing at approx. 05:00 AM. The flight was unofficially delayed. It wasn't announced but it did occure, it was a 30 minute delay caused by computers of the airport which shut down, not the airline's fault. We boarded rather quickly and took our seats. I found the seats to be a bit narrow. The staff on board was mostly friendly, especially one flight attendant which her name I don't remember, before take-off when I panicked a bit due to safety reasons talked to me and made me feel safe and calm. The other crew members weren't that friendly, average I would say. After take off it was asked of passengers near the window to close their window shades and let everyone sleep. So until 30 minutes before landing shades were off and everybody tried to take a nap. Fortunately I sat in an emergency isle seat (which I booked in the online check-in, for free) and had some legroom. I don't know how much legroom other passengers had but I imagine it wasn't as comfortable. Before landing a trolly passed for purchasing food and drinks. I ordered a coffee which was dull and not tasty, I think all airlines in the end serve bad coffee, don't they? Overall my experience was pretty average, not extraordinary good, or bad. I would say to sum up that Brussels Airlines is to be treated as a semi-low-cost airline. They weren't harsh on their policies, but it is nothing like a traditional airline, and it was felt. I would fly Brussels again if the fares would be attractive, otherwise I wouldn't make a special attempt to book a flight with them.
RouteTel Aviv to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2022

" I am still waiting on the refund"

Trip Verified | Terrible service. My return flight was cancelled. I was left to resolve this on my own, I am still waiting on the refund for the cancelled flight being processed (flight was in June!) and redress for the expenses I incurred (travel, hotel and another flight). No-one has any answers. The forms on the website conveniently don’t work and their staff are abrupt, lack empathy or the ability to do anything. To date, they’ve now missed their own deadline of 4-6 weeks for a response. Just horrible.
RouteEdinburgh to Brussels
Date FlownMay 2022

"worst airline that one can find"

Trip Verified | Brussels airlines is by far the worst airline that one can find. They lost our baggage and no one took the responsibility. There is no one in the US to address lost baggages issues and even if you contact their Belgium’s office no one answers. Our trip was ruined; if I go back, I would never book a flight with this airline; it’s not worth of a penny. Whoever wants to waste money, go for this airline.
AircraftA330-300
RouteWashington to Copenhagen via Brussels

"they lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | I do not recommend to fly with Brussels Airlines, please think twice before you board their flights. I took a flight, they lost my luggage and refused to refund anything, they claimed it's totally my fault that my luggage was lost.
RouteEntebbe to Brussels
Date FlownApril 2022

"seating was comfortable"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Flew from Madrid to Brussels and the service on board was professional, courteous and pleasant. The flight was packed but seating was comfortable for a 2 hour flight. Drinks and snacks are for purchase in Economy. Prompt baggage delivery in Brussels was really appreciated. Only downside was the very lengthy check in process in Madrid airport. Only 2 desks for 150+ customers. The staff there, worked non stop but they were simply not enough to process the customers faster.
RouteMadrid to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2022

"no response from Brussels Airlines"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | 4 weeks, no response from Brussels Airlines! In Brussels our flight was delayed for 3 hours, during that time we were bounced around between multiple gates with no updates being given unless asked. Finally, when we were able to board it was exactly 3 hours past our departure time, entertainment system didn't work, plane was not owned by Brussels Airlines and it was filthy. Landing to make our connection in IAD, which was already made very close because of the delay, we were held in the baggage hall for 4 hours waiting on our luggage due to Brussels Airlines saying we couldn’t leave? No clarification at all, just that we couldn’t leave without taking our luggage through customs. After 4 hours, no luggage, there was suddenly no issue with us leaving without our luggage? We ran to the gate of our connection on United which was booked with Brussels Airlines, flight had left, went to United customer service, they were no help at all and kept blaming everything on Brussels Airlines, so we had to sort out our own solution, ended up having to fly into ATL and get someone to drive 6 hours round trip to pick us up, the next morning! Nothing offered in way of accommodation, compensation or just a simple response! Only a call center that can do absolutely nothing! We ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport, with our 2-year-old. How is this not your problem??
RouteBrussels to Knoxville via Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2022

"canceled my entire ticket"

Trip Verified | In June, my flight from DC to Brussels was canceled less than 10 hours before departure, and I was offered another seat a whole TEN days after my original flight. Given this insane rebooking option, I had to buy a new flight on the spot, at double the price that I originally paid. I requested a refund from Brussels for that leg of the round trip flight. It took like two weeks to receive it even though it was totally their fault. Finally, in July, I check in online for my return ticket to DC and the online portal for Brussels shows I’m confirmed on the flight. I receive an email to check in. I come to the airport 2.5 hours before my flight and apparently there’s some issue with my ticket. Brussels canceled my entire ticket when I requested a refund for the flight they canceled. The ticketing agent tried to help me and the line to the ticketing desk is the most ridiculous I’ve ever seen. Also, impossible to be rebooked quickly by phone - they need to call you back and can’t take payment over the phone. I have never ever seen an airline so incompetent, so understaffed, so awful and such a piece of trash.
RouteMilan to Brussels

"Absolutely rubbish airline"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Absolutely rubbish airline. Lost my bag on 2 flights already, which i can forgive since these things happen. But they were so rude at the reporting office, as if they had their own bags lost, refused to compensate for things i had to buy since it was lost 5 days and had all my things inside and then refused to deliver to my address like they promised and instead dropped it off at a bus station 2hrs away from my house. Their customer service are clueless and the ground staff rude. Not worth the cheaper prices,
RouteBrussels to Lisbon