Brussels Airlines

"contents were completely destroyed"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Toronto via Brussels. First, they lost our bag. Then, when it was finally returned to us, all of the contents were completely destroyed. We filed a case online, to which they responded that they are not responsible for our damaged items. All they could say was we are sorry for destroying your possessions but there is nothing we can do. See the response below, and the lovely agent that took the time out of his day to respond to us. We have flown several times before with computer equipment and have never had a problem. We very thoroughly and tightly wrapped the equipment. I would never fly Brussels Airlines again, and hope that others think twice before flying as well. It’s all about customer service, and Brussels Airlines lacks tact and basic customer courtesy. They are absolutely disgusting. Here is their response: Dear Mr. Benain, Thank you for your message regarding your damaged items during the flight SN552 from Brussels to Toronto on June 16th, 2019. I do apologise that your items were not packed properly after the inspection. However, the Section 8.6 of our General Conditions of Carriage, which are part of the transport contract, stipulates that, for security reasons, your luggage may be checked or searched in your absence. If these inspections or checks damage their contents, we cannot be held responsible. I apologize again for any inconvenience caused, and hope we can retain your confidence in us.
RouteTel Aviv to Toronto via Brussels
Date FlownJune 2019

"experience was a disaster"

Trip Verified | Trip purchased September 2018 from Greensboro to Florence. Upgraded seats purchased January 2019 Internal issues within the airline and the seats I had selected at time of upgraded purchase were assigned to other passenger the day of travel. At check- in incorrect seat assignment (was in economy) and check in staff notified. Told to check at gate at Dulles. Called Brussels Airlines direct and was told that we had been re-assigned to window and aisle but on the other side of the plane same number. At the gate in Dulles the staff were rude and told us some story about cancelled flight from day before and that they 2 flights going to the same destination at the same time and our plane was changed not the same seat plan which was utter rubbish, it was the same plane. We were delayed by over an hour leaving Dulles but we were able to make up some time so we did not miss our connecting flight. The food was appalling, the flight staff less than customer focused the entire experience with Brussels Airlines was a disaster - which was made even more apparent when we flew home from Florence on Lufthansa, a complete 100% difference.
RouteBrussels to Florence
Date FlownJune 2019

"Staff was very friendly"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Bastia. First time I've flown with Brussels Airlines. Staff was very friendly. I could choose my seat for free and had a lot of space for my legs! The only thing i disliked was the price of food and beverages this is too expensive.
RouteBrussels to Bastia

"Poor service overall"

<✅ Trip Verified | Paris to Accra via Brussels. At check-in they seemed really strict on allowing only 12kg of cabin luggage. But, as often, in cabin I noticed many people with far more than 12kg. No food or drinks offered on the Paris to Brussels. Poor service overall. I was not able to check in online either.
RouteParis to Accra via Brussels
Date FlownJune 2019

"Neither of my flights was particularly good"

(Sierra Leone)

Trip Verified | Freetown to London via Brussels with Brussels Airlines. Neither of my flights was particularly good. On the outbound flight I had paid for a specific seat in economy class, but the configuration of the actual plane was different than what appeared online, so they instead moved me to a bulkhead seat with no legroom. I ended up paying another $100 inflight to move up to their 'comfort plus' seats. These were very nice, comfortable and spacious, with large TV screens - and will soon be used as Premium Economy when the airline formally rolls out this new class of travel. On the return flight I had again paid for a 'comfort plus' seat, but greatly regretted it. The IFE in my seat wasn't working - nor was it on any of the seats in my row, or the row behind me. I had to ask the crew five times if they could reset it, finally they did, but nothing improved. At one stage one of the crew told me it was "impossible" that none of the IFE were working. The crew on my aisle were quite arrogant and unhelpful. Disappointed by my flights; next time I won't bother paying for any seat selection as I didn't benefit on either leg.
AircraftA330-200
RouteFreetown to London via Brussels

"Both flights on time"

Trip Verified | Catania to Manchester via Brussels. Both flights on time. Pay for catering available but not taken. Staff professional. Change at Brussels was straightforward, and luggage made it as well.
RouteCatania to Manchester via Brussels
Date FlownMay 2019

"very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Saint Petersburg. I am very disappointed with the flight. The pilot landed turbulently. The cabin crew took my order incorrectly. The seat is comfortable enough to sit. Brussels airport, which is the base of the airline, announces the gate late that I have to rush there, given there is a designated area for Brussels Airlines.
RouteBrussels to Saint Petersburg
Date FlownApril 2019

"disappointed with this flight"

Trip Verified | I'm somewhat disappointed with this flight. I flew from Vienna to London Via Brussels, and the service wasn't great. The first flight left on time, and we were soon airborne. However, my window seat was disappointing, as the window was very dirty, and it was hard to see out. The inflight service was efficient, apart from the fact that they didn't accept debit cards, and I had no other way to pay. The layover in Brussels was fairly uneventful, and I managed to grab a bite to eat. After a while, my gate was announced, and I headed to the gate. I got to the plane, and I realized it was the exact same plane, and I was sat on the exact same seat. Dirty window again. After takeoff, the inflight service began, and again I was unable to purchase anything. After a very short flight, we landed into Heathrow, and I was faced with a 55 minute line at immigration, so by the time I got out, I wasn't very happy. I personally wouldn't take this flight again. The service was ok I guess, but I would rather fly on a different airline, as I found the whole flight and crew quite cold, and I didn't really enjoy the flights.
RouteVienna to London Via Brussels
Date FlownApril 2019

"didn't have any service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Boarding process from Toronto to Brussels was good. They actually boarded the people at the back of the plane first, impressive. Once I got onboard and prepared for my flight I found that the phone jack in the arm rest had a connection issue as well at the USB port to charge my phone. It showed charging but and I checked up on it 4 times during the flight and it was not properly charging. Worn out electronic connections. To get full audio on my head phones I had to manually pull the conneciton to the right and this was very annoying for an entire flight. Watched one movie and gave up on the rest. Food on the Toronto - Brussels flight was very good. Seat comfort was ok on the longhaul but the Brussels to Athens flight was hard on the neck on the A321. The main reason for this review was that Brussels Airlines didn't have any service on the Brussels to Athens flight. I paid a full international ticket at full value and I expected a meal and drink service as Aegean Airlines would have privided if they did this specific code share. Not even service of a glass of water for over 2.75 hours flight to Athens is terrible. If you buy a budget airline ticket for 40 Euros to 80 Euros like Ryanair I can accept this but not a full fare ticket with multiple Star Alliance Providers.
AircraftA330-200 / A319
RouteToronto to Athens via Brussels

"Horrible service"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Brussels. Horrible service. Even water costs money. Snacks cost money. On the cheapest plan, there is no way to change your flight, not even for a fee. There is absolutely no cancellation refund (except for taxes). I contacted customer service. They were of absolutely no use. I would strongly advise considering an alternative.
RouteTel Aviv to Brussels