Brussels Airlines

"after 7 months waiting for refund"

Trip Verified | Cancelled flight, ok fair enough, then refuse to answer emails, phone calls, or most social media chats. Then after 7 months waiting for refund, email to say it has been done, and will be with credit card company within a couple of days - still waiting. There is no intention of trying to rectify any problem.
RouteBristol to Kinshasa via Brussels
Date FlownMay 2020

"They did not even bother to reply"

Trip Verified | My round trip flights on Brussels Airlines from New York to Rome (depart on May 5, return on May 18, 2020) were cancelled by Brussels Airlines due to COVID-19. I filed on their website to request a full refund for this involuntary cancellation ticket on April 22, 2020. Up till now on September 8, 2020, I have still not received the refund yet. They did not even bother to reply my last inquiry e-mail on July 24, 2020. Please avoid this company.
RouteNew York to Rome via Brussels

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | This used to be a very pleasant airline to fly with, but now we have had such dreadful experiences with them recently. Here are 3: 1. We plan to travel as a family of 4 to the United States in October 2020, flying Geneva-Munich-New York, and returning New York-Brussels-Geneva. The flight New York-Brussels is a Brussels Airlines/UA flight on October 24. We purchased the ticket online via a German travel agent. Recently, we received an email from Brussels Airlines indicating that the New York-Brussels leg of the trip had been cancelled. Despite extensive and repeated efforts on our part -- and despite very clear European Union rules in this area --, Brussels Airlines refuses to rebook us on another flight. They consistently argue that the travel agent should rebook us. However, the travel agent will charge us a rebooking fee of 49 EUR per person, a total of 196 EUR for a 4-person family. The European Union rules are unequivocal that the airline is responsible for rebooking. Brussels Airlines avoids all responsibility. A second matter concerns 7 travel legs cancelled by Brussels Airlines during the period of confinement March-June 2020, for which I am seeking reimbursement. Brussels Airlines has sent me on a repeated loop, in which the website tells me I need to contact them via Facebook or Twitter, and then Facebook tells me I need to make this request "via the website". Again the EU rules are clear: Brussels Airlines is obliged to reimburse. To date it appears that they are exclusively focused on avoiding their legal obligations. In July 2019, we flew to the US on a direct flight Brussels-New York on a saturday. Brussels Airlines did not manage to put our luggage on the plane. As our girls were starting camp on Monday, we were forced to buy replacement items on the Sunday. Our luggage arrived Monday. Brussels Airlines refused absolutely to reimburse the cost of the replacement items. Avoid this airline if at all possible.
RouteBrussels to Geneva
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They did not refund them"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | In March our tickets were cancelled. They did not refund them, although they promised to do so in writing. All further communications are simply ignored. Test aankoop (a belgian consumer protection organisation) started up a file but they also ignored that. Even when the Belgian government bailed them out due to covid-19, they keep the money and ignore us. If you book a ticket, know you enter a lottery and can only hope and pray you won't lose your money
RouteBrussels to Porto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"reluctant to give money back"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Gran Canaria to Catania via Brussels. They post on Internet flight that do not exist In fact After you Pay they send a mail, in my case to the agency, informing that the flight is canceled, but the flight stay on internet to make more victims when you ask a refund they are very reluctant to give money back. My flight should depart 6th of June, They say maybe give refund in November.
RouteGran Canaria to Catania via Brussels
Date FlownMay 2020

"distance between seats is small"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Brussels, the plane is standard, not large and very old. The distance between the seats is small, suitable only for not tall person. Inflight they give a sandwich and drinks, although the choice is not large. The staff is good, positive.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"distance for the legs is not large"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Brussels. Anold A320, in the cabin there are thin seats, it’s hard to sit on them, the distance for the legs is not large. Meals are average quality, no choice, drinks limited choice.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flight was an absolute rip-off"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Vienna. The flight was operated by CityJet. I was seated in the first row where legroom was fine but the width of the seat was narrow. No refreshing towel and a bottle of water after boarding which was the case until recent. The complimentary business class meal was a disappointing and exactly the same as the one I had on business class flights I took within Europe earlier this year. A salad in a plastic container containing mainly salad with a few small chucks of chicken and a dressing. The meal was served with plastic cutlery. Luckily there was a small box of Belgian chocolates offered as well as some cheap champagne that tasted OK. We left on time and arrived on time in Vienna so that’s a good thing but disembarkation was at an apron position so we were taken to the terminal by which took 25 minutes from landing to setting foot in the terminal at Vienna (this was also the case with previous flights I took to Vienna with Brussels Airlines). For the price paid this flight was an absolute rip-off.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteBrussels to Vienna
Date FlownMarch 2020

"avoid flying with them in the future"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Barcelona. Despite paying a premium price for a so called flex ticket seat comfort and service were just non-existent. My seat was in the second row and I placed my trolley in the luggage bin above me. A flight attendant saw this and got angry and told this bin was reserved exclusively for business class passengers seated in the first row. He took my trolley out and placed it in a bin further down the aeroplane. At the end of embarking bins in the front were still as good as empty and were filled with bags of passengers seated in the back of the plane. After arrival I had to wait and run into disembarking passengers to get my trolley. Luckily the flight left on time and that was about the only good thing. Seating in row 2 was very cramped and for having paid a premium price even no glass of water was offered on this 2 hour flight. The crew just couldn’t be more unfriendly. I’ll just try to avoid flying with them in the future.
RouteBrussels to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"require some improvements"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Brussels. I bought 'Economy Check & Go' ticket for about 99 EUR (11/2019) and won't expect too much service for this fare. Efficiency during boarding was messy and not so efficient at all. This cause this flight with a EOBT delay of 20 min but arrived a little bit late in Berlin TXL. The staff friendliness was average. Food and beverage can only be bought during the flight (similar service as Ryanair), but there was a large variety of Belgian cold and hot dishes. My final verdict, this airline require some improvements especially during embarkment.
RouteBerlin to Brussels