Brussels Airlines

"reluctant to give money back"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Gran Canaria to Catania via Brussels. They post on Internet flight that do not exist In fact After you Pay they send a mail, in my case to the agency, informing that the flight is canceled, but the flight stay on internet to make more victims when you ask a refund they are very reluctant to give money back. My flight should depart 6th of June, They say maybe give refund in November.
RouteGran Canaria to Catania via Brussels
Date FlownMay 2020

"distance between seats is small"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Brussels, the plane is standard, not large and very old. The distance between the seats is small, suitable only for not tall person. Inflight they give a sandwich and drinks, although the choice is not large. The staff is good, positive.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"distance for the legs is not large"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Brussels. Anold A320, in the cabin there are thin seats, it’s hard to sit on them, the distance for the legs is not large. Meals are average quality, no choice, drinks limited choice.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flight was an absolute rip-off"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Vienna. The flight was operated by CityJet. I was seated in the first row where legroom was fine but the width of the seat was narrow. No refreshing towel and a bottle of water after boarding which was the case until recent. The complimentary business class meal was a disappointing and exactly the same as the one I had on business class flights I took within Europe earlier this year. A salad in a plastic container containing mainly salad with a few small chucks of chicken and a dressing. The meal was served with plastic cutlery. Luckily there was a small box of Belgian chocolates offered as well as some cheap champagne that tasted OK. We left on time and arrived on time in Vienna so that’s a good thing but disembarkation was at an apron position so we were taken to the terminal by which took 25 minutes from landing to setting foot in the terminal at Vienna (this was also the case with previous flights I took to Vienna with Brussels Airlines). For the price paid this flight was an absolute rip-off.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteBrussels to Vienna
Date FlownMarch 2020

"avoid flying with them in the future"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Barcelona. Despite paying a premium price for a so called flex ticket seat comfort and service were just non-existent. My seat was in the second row and I placed my trolley in the luggage bin above me. A flight attendant saw this and got angry and told this bin was reserved exclusively for business class passengers seated in the first row. He took my trolley out and placed it in a bin further down the aeroplane. At the end of embarking bins in the front were still as good as empty and were filled with bags of passengers seated in the back of the plane. After arrival I had to wait and run into disembarking passengers to get my trolley. Luckily the flight left on time and that was about the only good thing. Seating in row 2 was very cramped and for having paid a premium price even no glass of water was offered on this 2 hour flight. The crew just couldn’t be more unfriendly. I’ll just try to avoid flying with them in the future.
RouteBrussels to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"require some improvements"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Brussels. I bought 'Economy Check & Go' ticket for about 99 EUR (11/2019) and won't expect too much service for this fare. Efficiency during boarding was messy and not so efficient at all. This cause this flight with a EOBT delay of 20 min but arrived a little bit late in Berlin TXL. The staff friendliness was average. Food and beverage can only be bought during the flight (similar service as Ryanair), but there was a large variety of Belgian cold and hot dishes. My final verdict, this airline require some improvements especially during embarkment.
RouteBerlin to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very rude ground staff"

Trip Verified | Milan to Birmingham via Brussels. After avoiding the airline for many years due to bad experience I had in the past, I decided to give it a try again for a flight from Milan to Birmingham (UK) through Brussels. Experience was horrible, in particular very rude ground staff - airline is back on my black list, and that for a good reason. Flight in Milan got delayed due to miscommunication between the airline and the tower in Malpensa, resulting in a late arrival in Brussels. Flight attendant from Milan to Brussels was really nice and professional, confirmed even at arrival in Brussels that this was an issue caused by the airline. Did a sprint from the arrival gate to the departure gate for the flight to BHX, which was still open when I got there, as they were waiting for a connecting passenger from Prague. But Brussels Airlines had pro-actively re-booked on a later flight in the meantime, so they denied boarding. The gate agent tried to put me back on the flight, but failed due to any unknown reason. Instead of putting her best foot forward to get me on the flight - the later flight was not an option, as arrival was past the scheduled business meeting - she told me rudely to go to a re-booking desk and try to get the ticket fixed there. I was not supposed to get over to the departure gate anyhow in such short time. Result: missed the flight, had to fly to LHR and rent a car to get the BHX in time. When I filed a refund claim (EU regulation) they denied due to reason beyond their control.
RouteMilan to Birmingham via Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2019

"absolutely not value for money"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Barcelona. The A319 was a former Air Berlin aircraft with an Air Berlin interior and a Eurowings exterior. I sat on the second row and seating was really cramped preventing me from hardly moving my legs. Where in the past SN still handed out a refreshing towel and a bottle of water at departure to business class passengers nothing was handed out anymore. The complimentary meal offered was a disappointing salad in a plastic container consisting mainly of salad with a few small chucks of chicken and dressing. Luckily champagne was still available on request; although not a premium brand the Duval Leroy champagne served is good (it’s the same Swiss serve on their business class). A small box of Belgian chocolates was handed out as well. The crew was nice and friendly but this has to be obvious when serving business class passengers. Overall the service of European business class just seems to go downhill with cramped seating an rather appalling food. For the price paid this is absolutely not value for money.
RouteBrussels to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Would never take again for a long flight"

Not Verified | Lisbon to Geneva via Brussels with Brussels Airlines. Flight attendants were strict and unhappy. No snacks or water served on 3 hour flight. Everything served was extremely expensive and unreasonable. Had to personally go to cabin to get cup of water. Would never take again for a long flight. Landing was very unsatisfactory, very bumpy and wing tipped.
RouteLisbon to Geneva via Brussels
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no show for my first flight"

Trip Verified | I have never been so disgusted and disappointed with the customer service I received from Brussels Airlines. I took my flight from Edinburgh to Brussels with no issue, I checked in online and the representative scanned my boarding pass. The flight was fine, but what I experienced after was a complete disaster. My return flight (with brussels airline) was scheduled for 2 days later. 24 hours before my return flight I received an email saying that because I did not board my first flight, my return flight had been cancelled. I was super confused as I did take my first flight and was now in Belgium without a flight home. I called the customer service line and was connected to a call centre in India. I told the representative over the phone what had happened, thinking there was a mistake, they would apologize and reinstate my existing flight. I was told that I was marked as a "no show" for my first flight and, as per protocol my return flight had been cancelled. I told the representative that there must have been a mistake and that I was on the flight, offering proof, but they didn't believe me. They didn't know what to do. When I asked for my return flight to be reinstated i was told I would have t pay 40 Euros. I refused this option as none of this was my fault and the representative became rude and completely unprofessional telling me that I may have taken another flight. I asked to speak to a supervisor who also told me that they only way I could get my flight back was to pay 40 euros. I paid the 40 euros and went to the Brussels Airline counter at the airport the next day to complain. The representative was very apologetic and understanding of what happened, and gave me the information to file a complaint insisting that I would be compensated for the issue. I filed a complaint and waited for a reply. A few days later I received an email reply. The representative again told me that the reason I had to pay 40 euros to reinstate my return flight was because I was a no show on my departing flight. I replied and told him that I was on the departing flight. He was not apologetic, and seemed to blame me for the error someone made by marking me as a no show for my flight. He said I would be refunded the 40 euros. I insisted that I be refunded for my flights. He told me that I was not entitled to a refund because I was marked as a no show and did not listen to me in saying this was a mistake. AND THEN I was told that when I went to the airport, the representative told me that in fact I was on the flight and that the no show had now disappeared.
RouteEdinburgh to Brussels