Brussels Airlines

"falling below low-cost standards"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Warsaw. Even the expensive Flex and Fast is now falling below low-cost standards I’ve been flying Brussels Airlines frequently flying their Flex and Fast fares that always included a newspaper, a sandwich and a drink. Today, when I flew to Warsaw staff, told me despite the high-cost food and drinks are no longer for free in Flex and Fast and all is for purchase now. The ticket price was still as expensive as it used to be. Brussels Airlines are becoming a real disgrace with extremely expensive Flex and Fast fares and no service at all anymore. Next time I’ll consider flying another airline. Likely low cost may be better as this is even above the current Brussels Airlines standards. This used to be a good airline but they have fallen completely to the bottom and are really the worst I know
RouteBrussels to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff was kind, attentive"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Entebbe via Brussels, our trip with them was amazing. At the check-in counter the staff was so incredibly kind to put priority labels on all our of bags, even though only one in our group of four was entitled to it. A member in our group was in the need of wheel chair service and the staff was kind, attentive and service minded. Our group was transported from gate to gate with a smile. On the flight a member of our group could not eat the food they served, because it contained tomatoes and she’s allergic. We did not inform Brussels Airlines about this prior to our trip, so they had no way of being prepared for this. However, alternative food was presented by friendly and service minded staff. All in all we are super happy that we chose Brussels Airlines and will definitely do it again!
RouteCopenhagen to Entebbe via Brussels

"Awful experience"

Trip Verified | Washington to Entebbe via Brussels. Awful experience with Brussels Airlines - never again. Tried to pay for two extra bags online one way only for presents. Should have been $154 each with discount online, but they charged $200 each. Then the computer had a glitch and an email showed one extra bag to Uganda and two coming back. But the website confirmed four bags - two extra to Uganda. Computer was flawed because the three bags shown in the email would have cost $554 instead of the $400 paid. Called Brussels Airlines in Brussels and they confirmed there were four bags (two extra) Washington to Uganda on the website but this later disappeared. Brussels Air manager in Dulles said computer no longer showed either of the two extra bags Washington to Brussels to Uganda. He said pay another $400 and they would refund. But they didn't refund and wouldn't answer inquiries about the claim several weeks later. Then they lost the bags in Brussels for two days and failed to track them on the computer when found. The Dulles baggage agent said Brussels Air is the worst handling baggage and might lose them for a week or two. I called Brussels again and found they were on their way to Uganda. Six hours after my call they were still shown as lost on the computer. Bags came a day late and we had to pay a taxi $200 to transfer them across the country to our destination. On return the Brussels - Washington trip was cancelled at the last minute after departure from Entebbe and they tried to send us through Frankfurt instead of switching to United/Brussels to DC. We complained and they permitted the United flight. But we had paid for economy plus and United didn't respect that so we had to pay again. We put in a claim on the day of departure from DC for the double charge on excess baggage but they didn't respond, and when we called after some weeks still didn't respond in spite of promises by the phone rep. They also didn't respond to a request to refund the economy plus fee for the cancelled flight Brussels to Washington, even though the replacement airline (United) didn't recognize the payment to them and charged it again. Their airport reps were friendly and helpful but the Brussels organization is extremely inefficient. They still use the bankrupt Sabena identifier SN. A Belgian friend said Sabena meant "Such a Bad Experience - Never Again." They seem to be keeping up that tradition. This experience was for my wife, though I made the payments and called Brussels in vain attempts to rectify the double charges of $800 on two extra bags to Uganda.
RouteWashington to Entebbe via Brussels

"I was very stressed"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Basel via Brussels. If you have connecting flights, be sure you have enough time between them. The fly from Copenhagen was delayed more than 45-minutes. I was very stressed if I will be able to catch my next flight.
RouteCopenhagen to Basel via Brussels

"Always an excuse"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Roma to Brussels, departure 10 mins late. Late again. Always an excuse. One time is because the aircraft arrived late, the other is because passengers took too long to board, one more because there’s a lot of traffic.
RouteRoma to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2019

"more like a low cost budget line"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I do not understand anyone purchasing a business class ticket with Brussels Airlines. The business had exactly the same seats as economy. The promise was that a spare seat would be left to give passengers more room. The flight was full, so every place was taken (this is probably always the case) and no difference between business and economy! Due to the airline having to remove luggage from the hold, we were held up for an hour on the plane and we were not offered a drink! I’ve never travelled in any business class where I haven’t been served a drink before take off. On this flight, as soon as take off was done the staff pulled the little cabin curtain and had a coffee together. Some crew had boarded the plane and were all sat in the business section which added to the “no spare seat” situation. It was at least 15 minutes before they started organising the service! There are no staff designated to business so you wait the same for service as in economy except you are served your meal first, but need to attract attention thereafter if you need anything else. We were served a hot meal .. no choice at all, just handed a box. Not even on a tray with salt and pepper, a cup for coffee or a cheese and biscuit. Just the hot meal in its container and a knife and fork in a small packet. The meal ( mainly potatoes with a few sad pieces of beef) is worth about €11 to purchase in economy, and for that you have a choice! In economy if you buy wine it will cost you €6 and you get a bottle. In business we were served from an open bottle. I can honestly say I am glad that I got my business ticket by bidding to pay €50 more, and that I didn’t pay the incredible price of a normal business ticket on Brussels airlines. Business tickets under this system of bidding, by the way, do not give access to the business lounge in the airport- for that you have to pay €30 per person more. Needless to say I cancelled my bid for a business class upgrade for the return trip. The return was in economy one week later on Thursday 17th October (flight number SN3855). This is supposed to be a national airline or at least represents Belgium in airline terms. It operates more like a low cost budget line. We got on the plane, which was filthy, in Marrakesh. 30 minutes later we had to get off in Agadir so went into the transit area. From there we had to again queue and go through security. Then back onto the plane. We were too early for our take off slot so sat on a hot plane for another 40 minutes. Half an hour after take off the attendant passed with activity books for children. It then took the three attendants another hour and a half to reach the back of the plane with drinks and food. Every time a hot meal was ready it seemed to take them another ten minutes to get going with their trolly again! They stopped to deal with every hot food error (there seemed to be a lot!) and kept the rest of the plane waiting. It was so heartwarming (NOT!) to see that the attendants were having great fun between them, laughing, joking etc. Any idea how annoying it is waiting for some service only to witness the staff giggling and messing around? A totally unprofessional incompetent and inefficient service. S
RouteBrussels to Marrakesh

"What a disgrace!"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | The conditions in the airplane from Tel Aviv to Brussels and back were terrible! No space for legs at all, everything is old and dirty, no entertainment, restrooms are so tiny and very dirty, no service (which was not mentioned in the reservation). They didn't even serve a glass of water! What a disgrace! The flight was one big suffrering and everybody was complaining. We will never fly with Brussels Airline again!
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Brussels

Brussels Airlines customer review

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Brussels. I had a great experience with Brussels Airlines. Legroom and seats very comfortable. There was one disadvantage-no snack, you had to purchase it but they were good quality. I would recommend their service.
AircraftAirbus A319
RouteWarsaw to Brussels
Date FlownApril 2019

"No food or drink"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Brussels to Barcelona. Worst flight ever. It started with a 1hr delay, no explanation. Then overbooking inducing more delays. No room for luggage. No food or drink (not even a glass of water) for free during the flight.
RouteBrussels to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"A disaster of a service"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Flew Brussels Airlines from Brussels to Stockholm. Worst service ever in a flight maybe with the exception of one flight with Ryanair a few years ago. Personnel were an annoyance from the gate claiming I should check-in my luggage because I'd purchased some cookies at the airport duty free shops. Then they were late bringing us to the plane. A disaster of a service. Never again Brussels Airlines. I could never see value to pay more than economy. Now I can see no value choosing this airline unless I am forced to.
RouteBrussels to Stockholm