Brussels Airlines

"more than one hour delay"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Geneva. I booked this flight for a good price one month in advance for a Business trip to Geneva. I arrived at the airport on time, and so did our aircraft, which was arriving from Heraklion (Arrived at the gate at 4pm and was scheduled to arrive at 4pm). At 4:45pm (instead of 4:25pm) we started the boarding. The lady at the boarding desk claimed that the late arrival of the previous flight was apparently the reason of the delay (really?). Boarding was extremely long and everyone was in the plane at 5:15pm (we were expected to take off at 4:50pm). The pilot then announced that we lost our slot in Brussels. Later on he announced we lost the one in Geneva. We took off at 6:15pm and landed at 7:10pm, with more than one hour delay, on a one hour flight. Punctuality is one of the most important aspect passengers look at, even more on short-haul flights. Aircraft was clean and the staff professional. My return flight to Brussels took off with a delay of 40min.
RouteBrussels to Geneva

"crew was very nice"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | This flight was surprise for me. I flew with Brussel Airlines from Brussel to Milano with Sukhoj Superjet 100, the operator was Cityjet. The airplane was new and the seat comfortable. The crew was also very nice. This was early morning flight so during the flight almost everybody fell asleep. The flight was smooth and on time. I would like to fly with them again.
AircraftSSJ 100
RouteBrussel to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not providing a little snack"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Venice to Brussels. Booked this flight, for a really good price. The online check in was a big struggle, had to re try about 5 times to get my boarding pass on the iphone. As well to see my reservation, as I had to add a suitcase it was often not working on the app, but just from the computer. Once at the airport, the ground staff was polite and basic, nothing special. The best thing is that they board your hand lugagge for free, so you don´t have to carry it around. The A319 was nice, I had good legroom, and I´m a tall person. Luckily i was not flying business cause the layout of it was not looking worth it. The staff in the plane was polite and friendly. What´s disappointing for a star alliance airline is that they are not providing a little snack for a two hours of flight.
AircraftA319-200
RouteVenice to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2018

"disaster, never again for us"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Brussels. 8 hours before the flight got an SMS that the flight was canceled. After contacting the helpdesk an alternative: Amsterdam Schiphol and train to Brussels. The flight was 5 hours earlier than planned, but since we wanted to go home the same day, we decided to do so. Flight to Amsterdam delayed more than one hour. In Amsterdam it is not possible to take a suitcase because Brussels Airlines had put Brussels Airport as final destination on the flight tickets which was not recognized by the baggage service in Amsterdam. As a result, the train missed. Have to look for alternative: slow train that took 1 hour longer to pay 120 € yourself. Eventually arrived at Brussels at 1 am at night. The following day an official complaint was submitted. 1 week after returning home our suitcases got back, except our buggy that has never been found. After 3 weeks we received a call again to see whether the complaint had been received with the claim of the train costs and had already been dealt with. Nothing has been heard until today. 120 € and lost a buggy thanks to this company that profiles itself as "more reliable" than Ryanair. A disaster, never again for us. Vlucht Lissabon - Brussel. 8 uur voor de vlucht een sms gekregen dat de vlucht was afgelast. Na contacteren van de helpdesk een alternatief gekregen: Schiphol en trein naar Brussel. De vlucht was 5 uur eerder dan gepland maar aangezien we toch dezelfde dag naar huis wilden daarvoor gekozen. Vlucht naar Schiphol meer dan een uur vertraagd. In Schiphol koffers niet mee omdat Brussels Airlines als eindbestemming op de vliegtickets Brussels Railway had gezet wat niet werd herkend door de bagagedienst in Schiphol. Ten gevolge daarvan de trein gemist. Zelf alternatief moeten zoeken: stoptrein die er 1 uur langer over deed, zelf 120€ moeten betalen. Uiteindelijk om 1h ‘s nachts in brussel gearriveerd. De dag erop een officiële klacht ingediend. 1 week na thuiskomst onze koffers terug gekregen, behalve onze buggy die nooit is terug gevonden. Na 3 weken nog eens gebeld of de klacht met terugeisen van de treinkosten was ontvangen en reeds behandeld. Daar met een kluitje in het riet gestuurd geweest. Tot op heden nog steeds niks vernomen. 120€ en een buggy kwijt dankzij deze firma die zichzelf profileert als “betrouwbaarder” dan Ryanair. Een ramp, nooit meer voor ons.
RouteLisbon to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2018

"contempt for their customers"

Trip Verified | I have waited four months to post this for reasons that will become apparent. I was scheduled to fly on the evening flight from Birmingham to Brussels in June, the flight was cancelled at 4 hours notice and after I had left for the airport. When I arrived I was told 'you are booked on the 10.40 flight tomorrow'; strange as there is no 10.40 flight normally. I was offered no explanation for the cancellation and when I asked was told it was 'crewing problems'. I asked if I could go on the 06.15 flight next morning, they seemed surprised I knew about this and was told three times that 'it is already overbooked by four passengers'. I then asked what I was supposed to do for the night and told to go home; I pointed out that I lived a two hour drive from the airport and was very reluctantly booked into a hotel. On arriving at the airport the next morning I discovered that the 06.15 flight had also been cancelled, so two flights, one of which was 'overbooked', cancelled. A surprise then that the 10.40 flight was only just over half full. The result of all this is that I was delayed by 17 hours and missed a meeting that I should have attended. We now come to the really shameful part of this whole story. I contacted Brussels Airlines they day after my return from Brussels to claim the €250 compensation that they are legally required to pay delayed passengers. After six weeks and several emails I was told that I was due €250 and that I could expect payment in '4-6 weeks' - funny, when I paid my fare it took about 10 seconds. Well, six weeks has passed and guess what, no payment. I was also told that my original flight had been cancelled for 'technical reasons' and passenger safety; strange that they didn't mention that at the airport. I have been flying with Brussels Airlines and its predecessors SABENA and SN Brussels for over 25 years; they have always been at the poor end of the scale but this recent experience is a new low, they have nothing but contempt for their customers.Just for information, I paid £315 for the two one-hour flights between Birmingham and Brussels (by no means the lowest price I have paid over the years): for this I got no refreshments, no hold baggage - nothing except an economy seat. I am pleased to report that the response of passengers when cabin crew came round asking if we would like to buy a coffee and a snack was as you might expect. I have flown with around 80 airlines around the world, including several 'low cost' airlines, I would rather go with any of them before Brussels Airlines.
RouteBirmingham to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2018

"a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai via Brussels. The gate agent in London was very nice and gave me seats in which no one was seated next to me. The safety video on Brussels Airlines was quite entertaining and captured the spirit of Belgium quite well. We were served complimentary breakfast snack packaged in a box during short flight from London to Brussels. My connecting flight from Brussels to Mumbai was on a dated, but comfortable Airbus A330. The touchscreen IFE had a nice collection of movies for the 8 hour flight, and I was able to charge my phone with USB outlet. The vegetarian meal served on-board was delicious. Since Belgium is famous for chocolates, I was hoping that Brussels Airlines will serve chocolates in economy class (similar to Swiss), but they didn't. Overall, I had a pleasant experience and wouldn't mind flying Brussels Airlines again.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteLondon to Mumbai via Brussels

"everything takes forever"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Had a ticket to Oporto with connection in Brussels. The flight departed 1 hour late and I lost my connection. Had to transform a 3 hours trip into a 10 hours trip. They gave a connection to Geneva and then Oporto that made me spend the whole day in the airport. Lousy airline, doesn’t care about the customers, doesnt care about schedules, is always understaffed so everything takes forever.
RouteBerlin to Oporto

"decent budget airline"

Trip Verified | Entebbe to Brussels. Nice clean cabin. Food was decent but nothing special. Free drinks and headphones were provided on the flight along with the usual selection of old and bad films. All in all a decent budget airline.
RouteEntebbe to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2018

"staff totally unconcerned"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Geneva to Brussels. Horrible airline, delay on both ends of the trip, one hour on departure, the next one two and a half hours. Staff totally unconcerned and the excuses are laughable.
RouteGeneva to Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2018

"no luggage was delivered"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Manchester via Brussels. Lies, misinformation and appalling customer service. There was a 75 minute delay in Vienna with a stop over in Brussels for a connection to Manchester of 90 minutes. While on the Vienna Brussels leg of the flight I asked staff if baggage would be transferred to the connection. They told me to check at the gate. When arrived in Brussels there was a 45 minute delay on the second leg to Manchester. The staff at the gate in Brussels confirmed that my luggage had already been transferred, when I arrived in Manchester no luggage was delivered. I called customer service and was left on hold twice for more than 29 minutes. No answer. Sent message on messenger and got a 'cut and paste' robot answer stating the airline has 21 days to find the luggage. I submitted online form which took ages from a mobile phone. Other customers from other destinations also had delays. Thus is a cheap, low cost airline, pretending to be the same as a national carrier. I would never fly with them again. Avoid at all costs.
RouteVienna to Manchester via Brussels