Brussels Airlines

"worst lost baggage experience"

Not Verified | Geneva to Venice via Brussels. One of the worst lost baggage experience ever. It is one thing losing your luggage - but the follow up process has been even worse. The flight from Geneva to Brussels was delayed by more than 1.5 hours, leaving only 40 minutes for the transit to the plane for Venice. In Brussels, we repeatedly checked with the ground staff whether the luggage has been transferred on time. The gates for landing from Geneva and boarding for Venice were only 2 gates apart. The ground crew confirmed the baggage had been transferred, but we found on arrival in Venice that the baggage had not been loaded onto the flight. This in itself is a bad experience but worse was to come. The luggage tracking screen kept on showing that the luggage was still being traced for more than 12 hours. When I called the airline at the number provided, the person at the other end asked me to detail everything I had in the luggage - to the minutest detail. I felt it to be a very invasive procedure, and when I asked why he was asking such questions he said the baggage tag may have fallen off meaning the airport staff will need to open the luggage to verify the luggage as the one that had gone missing. I have lost my luggage on countless flights and airlines but never have I been faced with such obtrusive and uncalled for questions. The guy could not tell me where the luggage was, what I should do to follow it up, and when I asked about claims procedures he said that was not his business and I should call another line. What's the point of having a call line if the person can't handle any of the complaint process? Big lesson learned - avoid Brussels airlines at all cost (reading the reviews here losing luggage seems to be a very natural part of their flights), and avoid Brussels airport at all cost. Lastly, do not expect anything from the customer service of Brussels airlines if you lose your luggage!
RouteGeneva to Venice via Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2019

"has been the worst experience"

Trip Verified | My experience with Brussels Airlines has been the worst experience of my life and I vow never to fly them again. They lost my luggage, denied me and my daughters boarding due to expired visas that were renewable upon arrival, and generally have the absolute worst, most horrible check-in (boarding) staff I have ever experienced in 41 years of extensive world travel. I have lost several thousand dollars being stranded in Brussels for three days while visas were (unnecessarily) renewed to board the aircraft. And the best part of all, we just boarded our new flight now and no one checked for our visas. They have expressed no remorse whatsoever. Never again.
RouteBrussels to Freetown

"poor in flight service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | A flight within Europe on Brussels Airlines is nearly always a synonym for a very basic experience matched with a poor in flight service. This airline cannot decide what they want to be : a regular carrier or a cheap one. So all together the 2 systems in one plane. Business and economy with service, and economy without service , that one with or without checked luggage. The catering in Europe is maybe the weakest in Western Europe. Plastic wrapped food and sponged style sandwiches are proverbial. Even a lot of plastic in business. The gate for this flight was changed to an area where usually cheap carriers and charters are boarding. After the controle of boarding passes passengers had to wait and stand for nearly 20 minutes in open air before a walk of some 250 meters to the plane. FA were very "neutral" with some necessary friendliness to passengers in the front rows - those who paid some more for the ticket. 30 minutes waiting time for luggage delivery in Hamburg. Even for such a short flight far from pleasant- if I can avoid Brussels Airlines I do not hesitate!
RouteBrussels to Hamburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"This is a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Douala via Brussels. This is a terrible airline to fly by. First all in Brussels we were kept waiting an extra 35 minutes after we had passed the boarding pass check, in a room without access to toilets or food. When we finally boarded it took nearly 45 minutes to get everything settled for take off. When we got to Douala our luggage was missing for more than half the people who were on the flight. Brussels Airlines provided no information about this or what action to take! If I could rate this airline at -10 I would.
RouteBerlin to Douala via Brussels

"Appalling customer service"

Not Verified | Tel Aviv to Manchester via Brussels. Appalling customer service. Didn’t recognise payments for cases despite credit card evidence. Then overbooked. Rarely answers emails and no information regarding compensation. Refuses to give information regarding legal options or ombudsman. Fails to inform when making payment then find out payment didn’t come in, despite airline being informed.
RouteTel Aviv to Manchester via Brussels

"Very friendly service"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Toronto. Very friendly service. They helped with our trip planning and were really helpful went it came to handling my daughter's peanut allergy. Many Thanks,
RouteBrussels to Toronto

"A very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Marseille to Edinburgh via Bruxelles. A very bad experience with Brussels Airlines. The first flight SN3598 was supposed to take off at 13:20 local time and it did at 14:02 the boarding was delayed for some unknown reason. In Brussels I rushed to the boarding gate of my next flight SN2063, at the boarding gate I asked to check if my luggage was transferred, after verification the answer was positive.After the boarding was completed they had announced a delay saying that the luggage from the airplanes previous flight have not been unloaded yet and after that to load the luggage for the current flight. The initial take off time was 15:50 and it finally did at 17:28 arriving at Edinburgh one hour and 23 minutes late and without my luggage that they have lost. I opened I file at the aeroport for my lost luggage and called the airline, they told me that nothing could be done at the moment and that I can only wait for them to find the lost luggage. There were several passengers in the same situation as I was. The next day I called them again, they checked and told me that they are aware of the situation, in fact none of the luggage transiting Brussels where transferred, they where still in Brussels. I asked to have them sent as soon as possible and was told that my luggage was not yet scheduled to be sent. In conclusion it was still is a very bad experience (my luggage is still in Bussels after 3 days), I recommend everyone to avoid this airline, the call centre answers after 30 minute, a very bad customer service that has no reliable answer for you.
RouteMarseille to Edinburgh via Bruxelles

"scandalous experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Venice to Brussels. It was simply a scandalous experience. The seat was obviously not cleaned, quite some crumbs on it. Brussels Airlines is reducing its business class to experience lower as on a cheap charter flight. Ok, you receive a newspaper and a small bottle of still water. If you want a drink - a gin tonic - FA do serve you the basic items, only later they say that you can ask for the better brands available for sale in the economy class without complimentary food or drinks. The meal was just horrible: you get a paper napkin, plastic cutlery and a plastic box with some salad, a hard-boiled egg and a taste of tuna fish - duckweed is the best description. The piece of bread was far from fresh and hard, no single piece of fruit, cheese or sign of dessert. A small box with 2 chocolates was maybe the only edible item. Coffee and or tea was served in plastic beakers. You do not have any privacy by flying business. This is without any doubt one of the most terrible business classes in Europe. Instead of painting the planes in fancy scenes Brussels Airlines better should offer some decent food and drinks and ban plastic out of the business class. Spending your money on business on this airline is simply a waste in full. Just extremely poor and bad. To avoid!
RouteVenice to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Bag has not been delivered"

Trip Verified | Business class from Tel Aviv via Brussels to Berlin. Brussels Airlines offers this connection, so should be able to manage the 55 minutes layover. Flight departed and arrived 30 minutes late, boarding for connecting flight had already ended when we arrived in Brussels. Business class is a normal row with slightly more legroom and no entertainment system. Good food on board. Hotel voucher was given for good hotel near the airport and I was rebooked on another flight to Berlin for the next morning. Waited one hour at Brussels Airport for the hotel shuttle bus. Hotel room was large. Shuttle bus in the morning at 6:55 AM, breakfast from 7 AM. No breakfast voucher, instead breakfast on the plane at 10:30 AM. One of two bags did not arrive in Berlin. One hour of waiting at the luggage belt in Berlin, no information by a company representative whatsoever. Another hour spent in line at lost & found. Bag has not been delivered for four days now. Customer service keeps promising tomorrow. That's what they told me yesterday.
AircraftA320 / A319
RouteTel Aviv to Berlin via Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2019

"cancelled one hour prior to boarding"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Lyon. Flight cancelled one hour prior to boarding without any explanation. When asked at the desk, the answer was “operational reasons”. This is the most stupid and inconsiderate response an unhappy customer can get. Avoid this company as much as you can.
RouteBrussels to Lyon