Blue Air

"Avoid like the plague"

Trip Verified | First off it's not that cheap really, our flight departure and return destination was changed to a different, inconvenient airport at a different inconvenient time. EU regulations imply that a refund or a free change should be offered, but that won't appear anywhere in the email they send you (which essentially reads "it is what it is, suck it up"). Thirdly, and the true cherry on top, some of the reserved seats we bought in order to travel together had to be bought again, as the child in our party was moved far from her parents for no good reason at all once the departure airport was changed. There is no customer support. Two requests to at least reimburse the same seats we had to needlessly buy for a second time and not cheaply, were systematically ignored. Ludicrous, they shouldn't be allowed to operate. Basically TAROM flies to all BlueAir destinations and these days their fares are comparable - and when you add up all the inconveniences, not only will you be happier with TAROM but also quite likely with more cash in your wallet. Avoid like the plague.
RouteHeathrow to Bucharest
Date FlownApril 2022

"charged 350 lei for check-in"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Although I paid for check-in online, the data was not transmitted to the flight operator until this time. We were also charged 350 lei for check-in by Blue Air. Also, their operator at Cluj Napoca Airport said about the eSky company that you are that collects money from customers for services you do not do. Unprofessional conduct. Charges extra money for tickets bought from other operator. I used eSky many times before with no problem till blueair.
RouteCluj Napoca to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2022

"My flight with Blue Air got cancelled twice in 2 weeks"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | My flight with Blue Air got cancelled twice in 2 weeks. I got a cancellation notification, I had to change my travel plans, lost a lot of money on accommodation, to find out 1 weeks later that my modified flight is cancelled again. They sell tickets, cancelled the flights and operate with our money as it's also impossible to get a refund or reach out to customer support. Extremely unreliable, I can't believe something like this even exists. This really has to stop.
RouteCluj-Napoca to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2022

"Website a waste of time"

Not Verified | Dublin to Bucharest. Website a waste of time - full of lies; type words like name, address and other information with problems, double up the letters; constantly showing is loading - I've tried from different devices, different hours, the same problem - similar with the app! The call centre just doesn't exist! (another website lie) - 5 stars for advertising fake promos! A shame!
RouteDublin to Bucharest
Date FlownDecember 2021

"give us seats far away from each other"

(Romania)

Not Verified | It's the 3rd or 4th time they give us seats far away from each other with no option to select/check in before flight. The flight attendant told me it's because it has to be paid before boarding. First of all, no other company does this. If money is a problem for this poor company then simply raise the ticket price and don't separate families. It is the last time I fly with this joke of a company.
RouteDubai to Bucharest
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I am still waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | This is the worst airline on this planet. Booked a flight for 5/05/2020 which was cancelled due to Covid - money was refunded to an online wallet that I am not interested in as the airline doesn't even operate this route anymore. I am still waiting for a refund to the original method of payment. Called customer service numerous times in the past 2 years and all the time I got "we will process your refund" - this never happened. I have also filled out the online form numerous times and got nothing as well. It's been 2 years almost since the flight. The company has changed their customer service numbers and they now have only chargeable numbers available. I have still tried to call these numbers - both the UK and the Romanian number - call gets cut off before anyone picks up.
RouteBucharest to Glasgow
Date FlownApril 2021

"check in in the airport cost extra money"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I understand most of the people do the check in online in order not to stay in lines in the airport, however now there is another reason. The check in in the airport cost extra money. In my case it cost the same amount as the flight ticket. It's not the fact that I paid the money which annoys me the most, it's the fact I was not informed, let me decide if I want to pay that or not. When I asked at their office why there is no notice, they replied that we should be the ones who research online about this, I feel like I was scammed.
RouteCluj Napoca to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Never again with that airline"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Flight got cancelled in August 2021 (due to "operational reasons"). I immediately requested a refund. Now it is January 2022 and nothing has happened. Sent several requests via e-form, always received standardized nonsense feedback ("too many claims", "unprecendented situation"). For the last inquiries I didn't even get an answer anymore. Called the service hotline several times. Nobody can help ("We dont know, nobody knows"). There is no possibility to speak to the right department, to a supervisor, to escalate, to get an estimated time of refund. Last call dd 03 January: the robot voice repeatedly confirmed the average waiting time was 3mins ... finally got through to an operator after 31mins, who hung up on me after 2mins.e. Never again with that airline.
RouteBrussels to Buchqrest
Date FlownAugust 2021

"strongly recommend this airline"

(Greece)

Not Verified | I had an issue when I booked my tickets, payment error and I managed to double book. After calling the support on phone, they were very helpful and solved my issue right away. They refunded my second booking (from the double booking) without my request and the amount was on my account in 2 or 3 days. They were fast and kind and helpful. The agent which sadly I forgot the name as I was in a hurry was amazing. The flights were on time, (I had a transfer), clean aircraft and the flight attendants were attentive and helpful. I can strongly recommend this airline even though it's a low cost one.
RouteCluj to Athens
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they didn't seem interested to help at all"

Not Verified | I was due to travel with Blue Air to France on the 23rd December but because I got Covid, I was not able to travel anymore. I called the call centre many times to ask for a refund or credit but the only thing they would offer is for me to change my ticket to another date. When I checked which dates I could change my ticket to, the only month, out of the entire year in 2022 I could possibly change my ticket to was in March. I told them that by that time, I will be around 32 weeks pregnant and so might be difficult for me to fly, the only response I got was "I can't help you, nobody can help you". No choice but to change my ticket to March and now, if I want to change my tickets again (if by some miracle more dates pop up), I will be charged to change our flights. For something that is completely out of my control, I am getting penalised for it and I can't even get a refund. Customer service? Ha! I don't think those words are in their vocabulary, they didn't seem interested to help at all and repeatedly told me that they are just the call centre and can't help.
RouteLondon to Nice