Blue Air

"Covid regulations not being respected"

Trip Verified | No possibility for online checkin, waiting time at the checkin counter minimum 1 hour. Covid regulations not being respected as can be seen in the picture. They have created a crowd of 300 people waiting in line in stead of allowing online checkin. I paid extra for "Priority", they don't have such a think at the counter. Terrible service!
RouteKöln to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I wish I had read the reviews before"

Not Verified | Awful experience. I can't explain how angry I am. I paid nearly £500 for a comfort pack to fly with my wife and my little daughter. With this pack you should get a priority boarding, extra legroom seat 23kg baggage and 2 other bags on board and apart from the luggage, I haven't received any of the benefits I should have get so no priority boarding and no extra legroom seats for us. I've been in the queue with the baby for half an hour and nobody cared. Same awful experience on our return flight as well. Another awful experience was when I bought a flight for my family, I've been charged but I haven't received the flight confirmation and there is no way of reaching them on none of the 3 numbers given on their website, nor by email, nor by messenger or Instagram page. I'll never fly with them again even if I will need to pay more for a flight with another airline. Avoid at all cost. I wish I had read the reviews before.
RouteLiverpool to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"charged me 70 euro for a bag"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Larnaca. They charged me 70 euro for a bag. Because it was bigger than their size by 2 cm. Also, the personnel in gate control were very very rude.
RouteBucharest to Larnaca
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charged us 80€ for a bag"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Tel Aviv. They charged us 80€ for a bag just because it was bigger than their size by 2 cm. Its the first time i saw something like this! Unbelievable! I dont recommend to any body this company.
RouteBucharest to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Bucharest. Flight was initially delayed by over 9 hours and caused us to miss out on one night at our hotel. By far the worst customer service ever. They charge a premium on calling them, view and ignore messages to their Facebook Messenger and do not adhere to their own time frames that they provide you. Would never fly with them again or recommend to anybody.
RouteDublin to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"70 euro for the little bags"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Iasi to Munich, I had just hand luggage, just a rucksacks, to check-in everything was alright, they didn't said anything, like "hey the Rucksacks is to big or not good", then to the gates control everything was alright no one said anything. I was shocked when I saw that before boarding in the plane, the last control place with 30 Min before departure with a lot of people waiting they started measuring hand luggage. Is just funny, because are existing this type of baggage with a standard measure, exact with what the rules of the airplane line are asking for and this bags or not enough good to pass in this special support for baggage. Then we paid 70 euro for the little bags. Really disappointed.
RouteIasi to Munich

"truly dreadful airline"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Luton. A truly dreadful airline. I paid money for speedy boarding but there was no queuing system and no announcement. The company is now refusing to refund me for this as they say there was an announcement. Also, where my partner was sat in the front row he could not see the safety demonstration. Ground staff and stewards are rude. Planes are very old and the toilet door didn't work. Seats are so cramped you can barely move.
RouteBucharest to Luton
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ground staff is really rude"

Trip Verified | Cluj Napoca to Dublin. Blue air is a company which is just ripping off money of the passengers, they are changing their cabin bag allowance measure with -3cm so people who are having cabin approved bags can pay extra 70€. Most of the low cost airlines cabin bag measures are 55cmX40cmX23cm but Blue Air changed this to 55cmX40cmX20cm. So bare in mind this whenever you are purchasing a blue air light tickets thinking how much you will save maybe you will end up spending more. Also ground staff is really rude they are just asking for money and telling passengers to make a complain on the website. I guess it’s not the best marketing strategy.
RouteCluj Napoca to Dublin

"Everything was perfect"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Bucharest with Blue Air. Everything was perfect. The flight took off earlier than scheduled. Everything went smoothly and extremely efficient. The plane was in good condition and clean.
RouteCopenhagen to Bucharest
Date FlownNovember 2019

"one of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | I think this may be one of the worst airlines I have flown with for some time. I initially booked my flight on the basis of the basic fare without luggage and thought that it was fairly reasonable for a no frills flight. However i needed to add luggage later on and saw that it was over £65 each way. This did not include seat selection or any other benefit so I saw online that you could upgrade your ticket to include luggage, seat selection and meals. I decided to do this as it seemed that it would offer more comfort and if i was going to pay so much extra for luggage, i may as well include the others. The meals had to be preordered but i did not get what i ordered. You had to pay separately for drinks other than water. The waiting time for check in was a disgrace and i was in a queue for approx 90 minutes on my return journey and only passed through security whilst the plane was boarding which meant a rush through the airport to catch my plane. This was very stressful and then the "Premium" upgrade i had paid for did not include any priority boarding or any such benefit. The flight left on time and landed in good time. However it took over 45 minutes until i could pick up my luggage despite a very short queue in passport control. The staff were polite but all in all, i thought it was a horrible experience which worked out very expensive. My flight to Cyprus in the end cost more than i have paid for some long haul flights to the USA and SE Asia at almost £400 with luggage and meals included. I would recommend that you check the luggage prices and to steer clear of the food! I will not be using this airline again.
RouteLuton to Larnaca