Blue Air

"no free meals left"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Luton to Larnaca. It stated on the return tickets that free meals will be offered. When we were onboard the flight and the meals arrived I called a cabin staff and showed our tickets stating clearly that we had 2 free meals. They said we were not on the list, and we continued to ask staff for the meal. They said there were no free meals left to offer and we were not on the list. I answered back that this was not my problem. They finally offered us a coffee to shut us up.
RouteLuton to Larnaca
Date FlownMay 2019

"I had a good experience"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Luton. I had a good experience with Blue Air. They were prompt and on time. Landed a lot earlier than scheduled which was great. However, the aircraft was old and falling apart. There is no mobile check in and there website is clunky, so a bit behind the times on that front.
AircraftB737
RouteBucharest to Luton
Date FlownApril 2019

"Ridiculous service and website"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Barcelona to Bucharest. Ridiculous service and website! I tried 5 times with 5 different cards to pay for a checked in luggage and it was saying there is a mistake. The mistake was coming from their website! After struggling for two days i gave up on the idea and i took a small luggage. Upon boarding of the plane i was stopped for having my luggage and a computer bag. After almost breaking my computer i had to carry all of my things in my hands and only put the bag itself in the luggage. The result is the plane was full with little things everywhere - jackets, cables, computers, chargers just because the staff was so against the concept of a bag (purse bag not a big one). It was so annoying and frustrating. To make the whole experience better for the passengers the music playing in the plane while we waited to board was some intense folklore rhythm that made the situation even more tense.
RouteBarcelona to Bucarest
Date FlownApril 2019

"a delay of more than 2 hours"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. Huge delays. On arrival at the airport we were informed about a delay of 30 to 45 min. At the end we suffered a delay of more than 2 hours and we were loaded in the bus after long time standing in the boarding gate and after we arrives in front of the airplane we waited there more than 10 min and the bus turned back to the waiting room of the gate. They announced a breakdown of the airplane and that we had the option of flying after more than six hours. All those hours horrible services, no water no food. I decided not to wait and claim the money I have given to them . They did not want to give that. They overcharged more 60 euros for 1 kilo overweight in my luggage. I m never going to fly with this company.
RouteLarnaca to Athens

"disgusting customer service"

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Absolutely disgusting customer service. I made a booking for a morning flight from Luton and in the confirmation it was the afternoon flight. I called them straight to mention there is an error and I had the screenshots from my phone to prove I booked the morning flight not the afternoon one. I had to send my proof on an email address and I had to wait. more then 24 hours. Yesterday the lady said that I have to pay 17 pounds to make the change or I can wait until we get a response. I said I will wait as I don't want to pay for something what I already paid for. Today after I called them again (yesterday I called them 4-5 times to see if there is an answer yet) the lady said now I have to pay 51 pound as my request was rejected and today the price for the same flight has gone up. Yesterday nobody mentioned to me that the 17 pound can change. I am traveling alone with 2 small children. That's why I booked the morning flight as I did not want to arrive to Bucharest at midnight and then travel an other 3 hours back to my home town. When I said to the lady that I want to talk to her manager as she made a mistake by not mentioning to me that the 17 pounds can change then she shut the phone on me. Ever since nobody picked up the phone on the same number. Since then I called Romania and Belgium as well but it seems nobody can help me. Absolutely disgusting and I'm fuming that something like this can happen.
RouteLuton to Bucharest

"experienced this scam"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Iasi to Paris. Please pay attention when booking online from their website! They add 10 euro (on average) at the price of the ticket that was initially displayed when you first searched for it in case you don't book it right away. This happens even if you search twice for the same flight in the same day. I think it is the 10th time when this happens to me, so I am sure there is no accident. I was receiving several errors when trying to make my online pay and after refreshing the page, the total amount to pay was 30 euro higher although I haven't modified anything, I didn't add any extra service etc. I encourage everyone who has experienced this scam to write a negative post and hopefully, they will stop. But this kind of practices show me that they are not a respectable company.
RouteIasi to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2018

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Bucharest. All in all a good experience. Blue Air is your average budget airline. Check in went flawlessly. The provided plane was a bit old (26 years at the time of travel) but nothing felt old in there. I felt safe the whole trip, even tho I had concerns before the flight. The cabin was nice and clean. The cabin crew was nice and friendly, smiling and helping. I really don’t have anything to complain about, except that the seats were a bit uncomfortable. But for 52 Euro One Way there is really nothing to complain about. I would fly Blue Air again.
RouteHamburg to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"The most disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Blue Air from Luton to Bucharest. The most disappointing flight I’ve ever had. The staff were brilliant, but I felt like the aircraft was coming apart. My seat was broken, moving backward and forwards all the time. The seat in front of me had a crack on the back (right bottom). Window blinds were not fully closing. Never again.
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cannot expect any help"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Bucharest return. Blue air for the greediness of £8, placed all three of us in three corners of the plane, on both routes. Flown lots of budget airlines but they have crossed even RyanAir on this one. Staff at Glasgow Airport was great who managed to help us sit together, while with airline/airport staff from Romania, you cannot expect any help from them at all. This was the case for every other family with small children. Although they are cheap, i would avoid them at all cost if you are travelling on a family Holiday.
RouteGlasgow to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2018

""

Trip Verified | Rome to Bucharest. The flight was delayed and we were waiting in the queue for more than an hour as per the boarding time shown in the screen. When I asked about the delay and told the lady (who came 45 minutes late), she was very rude and told me to sit down and "stand up" when I hear the announcement. There were no apology or anything about the delayed flight. I am currently waiting in the queue, still there is no announcement.
RouteRome to Bucharest