Blue Air

"they are never on time"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Lyon. I've been flyong woth Blue air for over 5 years because i don't have any alternative, other companies don't operate my route. Unfortunately, Blue Air are not good and my biggest complaint is the fact that they are never on time. In over five years, I have never been on time with them, it's disgusting. Also, they call themselves low-cost but they have the same prices as a national airline. If i had other options I would definitely try them.
RouteBucharest to Lyon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Over 2 hrs delay so far"

Not Verified | Dublin to Bucharest. Worst experience of my life. Over 2 hrs delay so far with no mentioning on what the situation is. Absolutely no involvement from the airline to make the situation better. Avoid by all means.
RouteDublin to Bucharest
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst experience in my life"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Bucharest. Worst experience in my life. No online checkin available, extremely bad service. One person was trying to check a cart car and 2 small garden trees and frighted with with the checkin person for 1 hr while everybody else was waiting so we barely made it. Extremely bad organizing, we had to wait outside near the plane to get in. Whey they took us out before having everything prepared is a mystery. There were 2 entrances the plane but initially they forced everybody to use the first one just to change their minds midway so people already on the stairs were going back down to go to the end of the plane. People were allowed with too much luggage and in the end I had to fly with one backpack under the seat and one on my knees. It was just incredible. I just felt mistreated and I sweared myself never to travel with this company again. And it's constantly like this. Worst flight yet but I already traveled 10 times with Blue Air and it was never an ok experience. The staff tries their best but seams to be all inexperienced and juniors, with no experience ones to guide them. I am yet to find a worse airline company.
RouteLisbon to Bucharest

"disappointed and disgusted"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disappointed and disgusted with this airline! On the way to Cluj from Dublin the staff was lovely and I had no issues with a handbag + my allowed and extra paid for 10kg cabin luggage! On the way to Dublin from Cluj the airport staff was absolutely disappointing. They made me force my handbag into my cabin luggage and while doing so I cracked my laptop I had to put away my medication and I was allowed to carry on only my bottle of water. And I was not the only one. A couple of elderly woman have been treated with the same disrespect. Made them unpack and pac again everything. I paid everything extra to make sure I dont have a hassle.
RouteCluj to Dublin

"most unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Birmingham. The most unpleasant experience in a year of flying 2-3 times / week with numerous airlines all over Europe! Rude staff, given misinformation from staff, policies applied apparently at random, and €95 to be allowed to take my handbag on the flight - was told verbally €90 while sign showed €60 and actual was €95. Checked in online but it didn’t give a boarding card so had to queue! Nobody at the service desk to accept the payment! Swissport staff at Larnaca airport were also shockingly rude despite Blue Air staff sending me to them! Will go to any length to avoid Blue Air in the future and will file official complaint with my corporate travel agency also as attitude and company are so appallingly bad.
RouteLarnaca to Birmingham

"Terrible experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. Terrible experience. I had to pay 60€ for my 10kg baggage because my personal Purse didn’t fit in it. In the site they describe the size of baggage you can have on board, but how can you imagine that your small purse with your wallet, phone etc counts as an extra bag! Employees quite rude, the seat of the flight adequate for people less than 1.70 and 65kg and even for the water you need to pay. On top of all, their fares are as high as those of the other companies, making so unclear the fact that Blue Air is a low cost company!
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownJune 2019

"never again with Blue Air"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | LCA-ATH, OB 5361. By luck I was 3h before my flight at LCA and tried to check in. No check in machine was working/operating and instead I had to wait in a huge queue to check in by a teller on the airline operator/representative! Amazingly after standing - lined up with many others for 2 hours we made complaints. The teller ignored us when we asked to have someone else to assist with check in so queue was split equally. Flight delayed at LCA. On the airplane: No space at all for my luggage - a simple notebook to put it over my seat - because there was no check at all from the crew before on boarding. As a result, overweight and oversize luggage occupied all the space above the seats. The air hostess tried to rearrange luggage and almost squeezed a huge bag on my notebook. When I complained she asked me to put the notebook under my seat. I said I paid also for a hand carried luggage which is normal size / weight and asked her to put the heavy bag somewhere else. Instead she put my bag somewhere else and I had to find it when we arrived. ATH-LCA, OB5162. Check in is available up to 12h before flight. This information is not stated on the ticket! No other main air carrier or point to point destinator has such a hilarious policy! Normally you can checkin 2-3h before take off, in some cases like Aegean even 45' before flight and this info is provided clearly on the ticket! I was flying 10.00 from ATH, on 19 June. Tried to check-in using their website on the 18th of June around 22.30 but their system stated that online check in is closed. Came to ATH on the Blue Air operator around 9.15 on the 19 June with printed the ticked and asked to check in. The operator/representative of the Blue Air company rudely informed me that I should be 2 hours before and there was nothing to be done - that was it I lost the flight while being 45 mins before. I searched using Expedia and Petas.gr on 13.30 in the same day - 19 June - and I bet that Blue Air recycles seats on their flights probably from those that already bought a ticket but not have already checked in 12h before flight. For example I found that in the same day 19 June 19/2019 20.45 ATH - 22.30 LCA they sell seats for 170$. I am wondering how this guy who buys the ticket from Expedia now say in 12.21 for a flight on 20.45 will manage to check in since e-check in is closed, never again with Blue Air.
RouteAthens to Larnaca
Date FlownJune 2019

"10 kgs free carry on luggage"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. I've travelled with Blue Air many times before and they decided that from now on they will be charging for your purse extra. So i have 10 kgs free carry on luggage and if my purse does not fit in my luggage i must pay 60 euros - not to mention the attitude of the staff! Blue air is the worst company by far and i prefer to buy a more expensive ticket from another company.
RouteLarnaca to Athens

"has very bad services"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Paris. Blue Air is a low cost company which has very bad services (online check-in, boarding, baggage attendants, flight attendants, etc). I do not recommend this company and I will never use again.
RouteBucharest to Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"were told to put your bag in"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Hamburg. I flew for many years with Blue Air, but the services, cleanliness, staff and aircraft are getting worse. As well, the prices are going up, but without seeing any improvement. My last flight was the worst possible, starting from check-in staff ( ou can't do any online check-in for most of the flights to Germany). As usual, politeness isn't something that their staff is able to show. But this time the lady was super rude, and refused to answer some of my questions. She asked me at imperative to squeeze my purse in the trolley, I've done my part, then I went through the security checks, duty free and I ended up at the boarding desk. Then I've noticed that my ticket was marked with a exclamation mark. I ended up at the boarding desk with my purse out (i needed my wallet). Then the lady from the desk started shouting at me: you cannot board, you were told to put your bag in. I explained why I have it out and the lady continued yelling at me. It was embarrassing. The plane was filthy, dirty toilets, poor service. This was last time for me when I will allow them to treat me like this.
RouteBucharest to Hamburg