Blue Air

"rude and incompetent staff"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Cologne I paid a reservation ticket for preferential seat but at check in another random seat without explanation was assigned to me. No one answered until now to my request to refund the money. Both on-board and check-in Blue Air staff need to learn to communicate. Extremely rude and incompetent staff.
RouteBucharest to Cologne

"mean ground staff"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Larnaca to Athens. Unfriendly and mean ground staff with a LOT of attitude during all stages of check in (not available online!), I was asked to pay 70 euros extra for a small laptop case I had in my hand in addition to my also small backpack, they told me if it was something bought at the duty free I wouldn’t have to pay. During flight not even water is offered.
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2019

"staff are indifferent to very rude."

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Even one is too much. Both the outbound flight and the return flight were delayed. Their airplanes are very old and scruffy and the legroom is very limited. We paid extra for emergency exit seats but on the way back we got ordinary seats without any explanation. On top of that they have reclining seat allowing inconsiderate people to make it even more uncomfortable when they demand to recline. The staff are indifferent to very rude. This company makes Ryanair and easyjet look premium.
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I don't recommend this company"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Iasi to Luton. The most unwise staff. They are very arrogant and does not let you have even a bag with medicines and personal documents. I don't recommend this company at all.
RouteIasi to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"they are never on time"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Lyon. I've been flyong woth Blue air for over 5 years because i don't have any alternative, other companies don't operate my route. Unfortunately, Blue Air are not good and my biggest complaint is the fact that they are never on time. In over five years, I have never been on time with them, it's disgusting. Also, they call themselves low-cost but they have the same prices as a national airline. If i had other options I would definitely try them.
RouteBucharest to Lyon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Over 2 hrs delay so far"

Not Verified | Dublin to Bucharest. Worst experience of my life. Over 2 hrs delay so far with no mentioning on what the situation is. Absolutely no involvement from the airline to make the situation better. Avoid by all means.
RouteDublin to Bucharest
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst experience in my life"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Bucharest. Worst experience in my life. No online checkin available, extremely bad service. One person was trying to check a cart car and 2 small garden trees and frighted with with the checkin person for 1 hr while everybody else was waiting so we barely made it. Extremely bad organizing, we had to wait outside near the plane to get in. Whey they took us out before having everything prepared is a mystery. There were 2 entrances the plane but initially they forced everybody to use the first one just to change their minds midway so people already on the stairs were going back down to go to the end of the plane. People were allowed with too much luggage and in the end I had to fly with one backpack under the seat and one on my knees. It was just incredible. I just felt mistreated and I sweared myself never to travel with this company again. And it's constantly like this. Worst flight yet but I already traveled 10 times with Blue Air and it was never an ok experience. The staff tries their best but seams to be all inexperienced and juniors, with no experience ones to guide them. I am yet to find a worse airline company.
RouteLisbon to Bucharest

"disappointed and disgusted"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disappointed and disgusted with this airline! On the way to Cluj from Dublin the staff was lovely and I had no issues with a handbag + my allowed and extra paid for 10kg cabin luggage! On the way to Dublin from Cluj the airport staff was absolutely disappointing. They made me force my handbag into my cabin luggage and while doing so I cracked my laptop I had to put away my medication and I was allowed to carry on only my bottle of water. And I was not the only one. A couple of elderly woman have been treated with the same disrespect. Made them unpack and pac again everything. I paid everything extra to make sure I dont have a hassle.
RouteCluj to Dublin

"most unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Birmingham. The most unpleasant experience in a year of flying 2-3 times / week with numerous airlines all over Europe! Rude staff, given misinformation from staff, policies applied apparently at random, and €95 to be allowed to take my handbag on the flight - was told verbally €90 while sign showed €60 and actual was €95. Checked in online but it didn’t give a boarding card so had to queue! Nobody at the service desk to accept the payment! Swissport staff at Larnaca airport were also shockingly rude despite Blue Air staff sending me to them! Will go to any length to avoid Blue Air in the future and will file official complaint with my corporate travel agency also as attitude and company are so appallingly bad.
RouteLarnaca to Birmingham
Date FlownJune 2019

"Terrible experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. Terrible experience. I had to pay 60€ for my 10kg baggage because my personal Purse didn’t fit in it. In the site they describe the size of baggage you can have on board, but how can you imagine that your small purse with your wallet, phone etc counts as an extra bag! Employees quite rude, the seat of the flight adequate for people less than 1.70 and 65kg and even for the water you need to pay. On top of all, their fares are as high as those of the other companies, making so unclear the fact that Blue Air is a low cost company!
RouteLarnaca to Athens