Avianca

Avianca customer review

Avianca is fast becoming one of my favourite airlines (I fly on average once per week for business often internationally). Recently flew Santiago-Bogota-San Jose return and found Avianca excellent in all respects. All flights and connections on- time excellent professional service only spoilt by an obnoxious fellow passenger which meant I may have been avoided by the flight attendants from time to time on one flight. Food and wine excellent and a very good lounge in Bogota. Avianca uses the COPA lounge in San Jose which is fine with good personal service provided.

Avianca customer review

Madrid-Bogota-Cartagena. The transatlantic sector was not full but I wonder why all people were seated together if more than 30% of the seats were free. The last 6 rows were almost empty. I changed my seat and had the middle row of 4 for me alone. A330 not in good condition some IFE monitors broken and others not running well. The plane was not so clean. Food service was okay. Stewardesses some friendly others not interested. English skills mediocre. Announcements hard to understand. After first meal service staff disappeared. Before landing in Bogota snack service - small portions but okay. I wonder why they have one staff member on board only selling duty free products and don't assisting the other members of the crew. Bogota- Cartagena. 1 hour flight time only artificial juices some coke and poor coffee served no snack. Staff smiling and with lots of make up. Friendlier than the other crews on long haul flights! So I would give them 2.5 stars on transatlantic and 3 on Colombian route.

Avianca customer review

My first flight with Avianca was mediocre: from Toronto to San Salvador to Guayaquil. On the first flight there was no routine safety review and the service was slow but fine. However on the return flight the customer service was appalling. We boarded the plane and then after waiting over an hour with no communication we were told the flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues and we needed to get off. The Avianca staff then proceeded to have us wait at the baggage carousel for close to 5 hours with next to no communication no systems in place to deal with the various flight arrangements and accommodations and no food or water. People had been at the airport since 2am and we didn't get a shuttle to a hotel until 9.5 hours later with next to no proactive communication on their part. The staff tended to walk around together and claimed they couldn't do anything without their supervisor's permission who was absent from the scene. At the core of the issue was their lack of professional and organized communication strategy.

Avianca customer review

Flew Business Class round trip from LAX to SJO with layover in SAL. Flight to SAL and SJO were great. Service was good food was good seats were very comfortable. Coming back from SJO to SAL. Was delayed on the tarmac for a great while because there weren't enough buses to pick up the passengers. We had to wait until one was available. They packed the bus so full that there wasn't enough seating for people who really needed it. We almost missed our flight from SAL to LAX. The flight from SAL to LAX was terrible. After lunch service no one offered any subsequent drink service or snacks. The attendant was absent for most of the flight. Not the type of service you would expect. Coach received better service than we did in business class.

(Spain)

Madrid-Bogota-Neiva. Being a handicapped person I mentioned this with the booking for assistance. The attendants were always on time with a wheelchair. Had a seat against the wall where the toilets are on an Airbus A330 lots of legspace and no need to walk too much. Very nice crew and flight attendants. Overall very pleasant flight and as a regular to Colombia visiting my parents in law I always when possible book Avianca.

Avianca customer review

Recently flew from LAX to San Salvador and then on to Lima Peru. I thought the flight down was much better than the flight coming back. Got a special rate which was nice. Staff were excellent on my first flight and very helpful. Food was good as I am a vegetarian so requested special meal which was pasta salad and a roll. Seats were very comfortable. Plane was on time and I had a short layover in San Salvador. The flight coming back was different. Food was a ravioli dish but it was too hot to eat and covered with too much cheese. I didn't eat it. Movie was a film which I had already seen. Had a 5 hour stopover in San Salvador and tried to get on an earlier flight. Was told that a change to the earlier flight would cost me a change fee and I did not want to do that so waited the 5 hours in San Salvador for the later flight. I would consider a flight again with this airline as overall I was very satisfied.

(Colombia)

Very satisfied with Avianca/Taca services Cali-San Salvador-Washington (IAD). Upgraded to Business Class as Avianca Elite Program member. New planes amazing on time landing at IAD despite of an ongoing snowstorm in Washington Metro Area. Attentive flight attendants. Convenient routing from Northern South America to North American destinations via Avianca's Central American hubs.

Avianca customer review

I flew 3 times during the last 3 weeks with Avianca. First from Sao Paulo to Salvador de Bahia. Check in at GRU was friendly and efficient. Getting to the departure gate was complicated the gate was changed twice and the final gate had another city and flight listed. All this may be the problem with GRU airport. The next was from Rio to Bogota. An International flight where a light breakfast was served about an hour after take off and then nothing not even water. You had to ask for water to the sullen stewardess at the back of the plane. It was a 6 hour flight. The flight today was from Bogota to Cartegena. Avianca has a dedicated terminal which was very busy but efficient. All 3 flights left between 20-30 minutes later than scheduled. The staff decidedly looked away when you were boarding probably anxious that you may ask a question. Other passengers were on my allocated seat on two flights and I had to engage with them whilst staff looked away. Perhaps it's the local way. The plus was new Airbus jets 320 and 319.

Avianca customer review

IAD-BOG-IAD. A319 in economy both flights on time with meal and snack on each flight. Food was nothing special but at least was available. All seats had large screens and wide selection of IFE. Much better flight and service than US-based carriers to South America.

Avianca customer review

I recently took a trip to Colombia Jan 22nd 2014 Flight number 9754. This was the best airline for courtesy service comfort and looking after your needs. I would definitely fly this airline again. Adds to the experience when your comfortable on an aircraft.