Avianca

Avianca customer review

AV 007 July 2 2014 Miami-Bogota. AV 9207 July 6 2014 Bogota-Cali. AV 8420 July 10 2014 Cali-Bogota. Really disappointed about the development of Avianca - starting with their new ugly livery. The crew from Miami to Bogota were completely uninterested in attending to passengers after the meal was served. During the meal I asked for a wine and water. One attendant said: normally only one beverage is served per passenger! The cup of wine is tiny (half of a normal cup)! The food was a joke have never seen smaller portions on routes over 3 hours. 3 mini- strips of meat tasteless. No salt or pepper available on board. The airline is the only one I know with a Duty Free seller on board. I wanted to buy a whiskey but it was not available. This person was not friendly or enthusiastic at all. After arrival in Bogotá the crew did not say goodbye they were just packing their stuff. Who invented this terrible new seat? For small people maybe nice for tall people like me a disaster - the headrest hurts my neck. Seat pitch was better some years ago. The service on the domestic routes did not convince me either. They only serve bad coffee or artificial juices. The planes are new but not very well cleaned. Positive: All my flights were on time. The new airport terminal in Bogotá is a massive improvement.

Avianca customer review

Flew MDE-JFK on flight AV 42 21st June 2014. It is not worth flying Business Class. The seat is extremely uncomfortable especially if performing a night long-flight where your utmost interest is trying to sleep. There is no VIP lounge in the International aeroport of Medellin. The crew cannot be nicer but their disregard for the basic concepts of business class service is regrettable and even more the lack of consideration when you make a complaint due to the disservice is shocking. The lack of international standards in service makes you wonder why didn't you fly coach!

Avianca customer review

Business class BOG-JFK. Modern new airy business lounge at El Dorado before the flight was nice but food offerings were somewhat limited. Flight was fine. Seats were not up to BIZ class. Limited recline and tiny fold- down footrests. OK personal IFA. Nice amenity kit. Flight was on time. Bags came off first in JFK.

(Colombia)

I flew on May 31st and return on Jun 23rd. MDE-BOG-MAD-BOG-MED. I am a frequent and loyal traveler with this airline. Best option in domestic flights but average or below average on International flights. Agree with some reviews: Stewardesses disappeared once the first meal was served they look like they don't enjoy the job one of them asked me in a rude way to put down the entertainment screen (while counterparts in domestic flights do this for you). On domestic flights staff is very kind but international flights I have to say they need to learn from many airlines and colleagues in domestic flights. Seats are excellent even in economy. Entertainment system with variety but with technical problems. Food was ok.

(Peru)

We took a flight from Washington DC to Lima Peru. The flight had a delay at Bogota (only stop) due to airport traffic. They told us that Avianca had everything under control and that the flight already knew about us and they would wait. We had about 40 minutes to get from one gate to the other so we were very calm. Avianca park the plane on the last spot of the airport so the commute (by bus) was very long and once we got there they told us the plane had gone. We had to go through a very long and slow line to get to the counter. We were put on a 5.30am flight so only slept 3 hours and one bag was lost and. Very bad experience.

(Malaysia)

Flew from GIG-SFO with 2 stops. Only the transit time annoys me. The flight however quite pleasant with edible food and acceptable inflight entertainment. Service on board was excellent. This is my first time flying with this airline I'll travel with them again.

Avianca customer review

SMR-BOG Late evening flight from Santa Marta. This airport is apparently being upgraded in the near future - and not before time. There are no information screens anywhere in the airport and all announcements are garbled so that even Spanish speakers find it hard to understand. On the plus side there is free wifi so we were able to track Avianca's inbound flight - which was almost an hour late landing. The airport is just too small to cope with boarding two planes simultaneously - it was a nightmare! The crew did a good job of turning the aircraft quickly and we were boarded fairly quickly. Ignored by staff at the boarding door who were more interested in their own conversation - other crew much more proactive. Very new A320 new leather seats with excellent legroom and large TV with a range of AVOD TV programmes you can start watching straight away. Once airbourne quick coffee/juice run and then it was almost time for landing. Once on the ground parked at horrible old terminal. Bags took almost an hour to come off. Having meant to have landed at 2330 I left the airport at 0100. Not great.

Avianca customer review

Avianca is fast becoming one of my favourite airlines (I fly on average once per week for business often internationally). Recently flew Santiago-Bogota-San Jose return and found Avianca excellent in all respects. All flights and connections on- time excellent professional service only spoilt by an obnoxious fellow passenger which meant I may have been avoided by the flight attendants from time to time on one flight. Food and wine excellent and a very good lounge in Bogota. Avianca uses the COPA lounge in San Jose which is fine with good personal service provided.

Avianca customer review

Madrid-Bogota-Cartagena. The transatlantic sector was not full but I wonder why all people were seated together if more than 30% of the seats were free. The last 6 rows were almost empty. I changed my seat and had the middle row of 4 for me alone. A330 not in good condition some IFE monitors broken and others not running well. The plane was not so clean. Food service was okay. Stewardesses some friendly others not interested. English skills mediocre. Announcements hard to understand. After first meal service staff disappeared. Before landing in Bogota snack service - small portions but okay. I wonder why they have one staff member on board only selling duty free products and don't assisting the other members of the crew. Bogota- Cartagena. 1 hour flight time only artificial juices some coke and poor coffee served no snack. Staff smiling and with lots of make up. Friendlier than the other crews on long haul flights! So I would give them 2.5 stars on transatlantic and 3 on Colombian route.

Avianca customer review

My first flight with Avianca was mediocre: from Toronto to San Salvador to Guayaquil. On the first flight there was no routine safety review and the service was slow but fine. However on the return flight the customer service was appalling. We boarded the plane and then after waiting over an hour with no communication we were told the flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues and we needed to get off. The Avianca staff then proceeded to have us wait at the baggage carousel for close to 5 hours with next to no communication no systems in place to deal with the various flight arrangements and accommodations and no food or water. People had been at the airport since 2am and we didn't get a shuttle to a hotel until 9.5 hours later with next to no proactive communication on their part. The staff tended to walk around together and claimed they couldn't do anything without their supervisor's permission who was absent from the scene. At the core of the issue was their lack of professional and organized communication strategy.