Avianca

"What a terrible airline"

Not Verified | Bogota to Armenia with Avianca. What a terrible airline. It’s the second time they’ve change my itinerary regardless of my other flights. They just do whatever they want and the customer service is worthless.
RouteBogota to Armenia
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Good value for money"

Not Verified | Munich to Bogota. Good value for money as typically direct routes from Europe to South America tend to be kind of expensive. The flight was on-time and the cabin crew was friendly and everything was uneventful. The seat and the entertainment system were not that great but still within acceptable limits. The food served was below what I would have expected but not bad for airline food.
RouteMunich to Bogota

"Poor customer Service"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Munich. Poor customer Service as there was no answer on following bad experience: headset has a low quality. It feels cheap and does not work perfectly. Onboard meals are very very low quality. The meat was dry and Ravioli did not taste well. Mushroom not cooked. Same dry meat also in the Omlette! No Menu card was provided. Flight attendent did not know what to choose from. Kitkat as part of dessert? There are not much films in German language. Seat was very dirty. Lounge in Bogotá is very low standard. Food is in low quality and not much to choose from. Space is very limited. No water in bottles.
AircraftBoing 787 Dreamliner
RouteBogota to Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"No access to TV monitor"

Trip Verified | Bogotá to Los Angeles. No access to TV monitor, reset it several times but no luck. There was no access to map. Seats control not working properly and fully extended, and the headsets were not cleaned and in a bag. Very old aircraft, I used to fly in the Boeing 787 from LAX to Bogota, but they downgrade the aircraft.
RouteBogotá to Los Angeles

"bad customer service"

Trip Verified | San Salvador to Dallas Ft Worth. Really bad customer service, Will never fly with them. They charge you extra for everything, after paying $1000 for a ticket, just because is a busy time of year.
RouteSan Salvador to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Bogota to New York. The worst, they changed my ticket for 7 hours later without asking, I’ll be super late in NY always making changes because they do not know how to sell tickets. They just said my ticket has been changed, I was supposed to arrive at 1:30 am and now I’ll arrive at 3:40 am according to the lady Who just notified me that it was changed, the customer service is terrible.
RouteBogota to New York

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to San Jose via San Salvador. My girlfriend and I booked a flight from San Francisco to San Jose, Costa Rica on December 22nd. The flight was canceled for mechanical reasons (after we boarded the 5:45am flight and sat on the airplane for almost 2 hours). The next flight they could get us on was more than two days later. This was unacceptable for us so we booked on another airline and asked the gate agent for a refund. She said we have to request a refund from the call center. So we were on with customer service for over an hour and they said we had to request a refund online but their system was down so we would have to wait. We have been trying for 5 days to request the refund but the site is still not accepting requests. Meanwhile, we are in Cost Rica (via United Airlines) and I get an email saying it is time to check in for our return flight. Huh?? The email included an itinerary saying that we flew to Costa Rica on Avianca airlines on December 24th, which we certainly did not - we were never told we got rebooked on that flight, never got any email saying so, never got a check-in reminder, etc. And now nobody from customer service will speak to us. It is my opinion that they just “re-booked” us on another flight without telling us in order to avoid having to pay a refund. This is a terrible airline with unacceptably terrible customer service
RouteSan Francisco to San Jose via San Salvador
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cabin staff were friendly"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guatemala City. The cabin staff were friendly, seats were comfortable and clean. Food and drink was provided, and blankets, pillows, and headphone. The flight attendance offered more spacious seating to a larger lady since there were empty seats. They offered me a direct flight at a sooner time since it was available instead of my later flight with a lay-over in El Salvador.
RouteLos Angeles to Guatemala City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Avianca will not take responsibility"

Trip Verified | Managua to Toronto via San Salvador. We have only flown twice with Avianca and we are not fluent in Spanish. The costs mentioned are for two people. 1st Trip - 2nd portion delayed until next day. They did provide a hotel for the night. However we missed our $80 shuttle and the 1st day of our vacation ($$?). 2nd Trip - 1st portion delayed and type of plane changed last minute so we could not check baggage. We had to depose of personal items that could not be in carry-on. The delay caused us to be late for the 2nd portion and miss our connecting train ($120) and so we had to arrange alternative transportation last minute (flights cost $520). We also missed 24 hrs of family time the day of Christmas Eve. We interacted with perhaps 12 staff during our trip, asking for Avianca to change the final destination to where the train was intended to get us to. Two were sympathetic and the remaining ten were incapable or incompetent. They would tell us to stand in one line only to be later told that we had to go to another line until finally we had to catch our flight. Avianca will not take responsibility when they fail to fulfill the contract made when purchasing a ticket.
RouteManagua to Toronto via San Salvador

"I hate this airline"

Trip Verified | Houston to El Salvador. Our flight was at 355pm and it is now 545pm. We have been stuck in this plane for hours and nothing looks promising. This is unacceptable and it's a horrible situation to be in. I hate this airline.
RouteHouston to El Salvador