Avianca

"Avianca is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Cali via Bogota. Avianca is the worst airline and has a terrible customer service! They let me wait for 2 hours 48 minutes on the phone today March 15, 2020. When, finally they answer I asked them to change my itinerary and they told me I have to pay $1,300 for the change when the airplane is basically empty. People is afraid to fly due the Coronavirus and Avianca is just expensive rip-off company. I will not recommend it to anyone. They had changed flights to us in the past with no reason and they never refund anything but when we need to change flights they just grossly overpriced. I hope they are not continue in business and people choose another airlines.
RouteNew York to Cali via Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no delays, friendly staff"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Cartagena. I have flown with Avianca a few times in Colombia. Everything is rather routine. No big check-in queues, no delays, friendly staff. They offer a drink during the flight but no stacks - which is okay considering that most flights are around 1 hour. Flights within Colombia do tend to get a bit bumpy though.
RouteMedellin to Cartagena
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"What a terrible airline"

Not Verified | Bogota to Armenia with Avianca. What a terrible airline. It’s the second time they’ve change my itinerary regardless of my other flights. They just do whatever they want and the customer service is worthless.
RouteBogota to Armenia
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Good value for money"

Not Verified | Munich to Bogota. Good value for money as typically direct routes from Europe to South America tend to be kind of expensive. The flight was on-time and the cabin crew was friendly and everything was uneventful. The seat and the entertainment system were not that great but still within acceptable limits. The food served was below what I would have expected but not bad for airline food.
RouteMunich to Bogota

"Poor customer Service"

Trip Verified | Bogota to Munich. Poor customer Service as there was no answer on following bad experience: headset has a low quality. It feels cheap and does not work perfectly. Onboard meals are very very low quality. The meat was dry and Ravioli did not taste well. Mushroom not cooked. Same dry meat also in the Omlette! No Menu card was provided. Flight attendent did not know what to choose from. Kitkat as part of dessert? There are not much films in German language. Seat was very dirty. Lounge in Bogotá is very low standard. Food is in low quality and not much to choose from. Space is very limited. No water in bottles.
AircraftBoing 787 Dreamliner
RouteBogota to Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"No access to TV monitor"

Trip Verified | Bogotá to Los Angeles. No access to TV monitor, reset it several times but no luck. There was no access to map. Seats control not working properly and fully extended, and the headsets were not cleaned and in a bag. Very old aircraft, I used to fly in the Boeing 787 from LAX to Bogota, but they downgrade the aircraft.
RouteBogotá to Los Angeles

"bad customer service"

Trip Verified | San Salvador to Dallas Ft Worth. Really bad customer service, Will never fly with them. They charge you extra for everything, after paying $1000 for a ticket, just because is a busy time of year.
RouteSan Salvador to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Bogota to New York. The worst, they changed my ticket for 7 hours later without asking, I’ll be super late in NY always making changes because they do not know how to sell tickets. They just said my ticket has been changed, I was supposed to arrive at 1:30 am and now I’ll arrive at 3:40 am according to the lady Who just notified me that it was changed, the customer service is terrible.
RouteBogota to New York

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to San Jose via San Salvador. My girlfriend and I booked a flight from San Francisco to San Jose, Costa Rica on December 22nd. The flight was canceled for mechanical reasons (after we boarded the 5:45am flight and sat on the airplane for almost 2 hours). The next flight they could get us on was more than two days later. This was unacceptable for us so we booked on another airline and asked the gate agent for a refund. She said we have to request a refund from the call center. So we were on with customer service for over an hour and they said we had to request a refund online but their system was down so we would have to wait. We have been trying for 5 days to request the refund but the site is still not accepting requests. Meanwhile, we are in Cost Rica (via United Airlines) and I get an email saying it is time to check in for our return flight. Huh?? The email included an itinerary saying that we flew to Costa Rica on Avianca airlines on December 24th, which we certainly did not - we were never told we got rebooked on that flight, never got any email saying so, never got a check-in reminder, etc. And now nobody from customer service will speak to us. It is my opinion that they just “re-booked” us on another flight without telling us in order to avoid having to pay a refund. This is a terrible airline with unacceptably terrible customer service
RouteSan Francisco to San Jose via San Salvador
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cabin staff were friendly"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guatemala City. The cabin staff were friendly, seats were comfortable and clean. Food and drink was provided, and blankets, pillows, and headphone. The flight attendance offered more spacious seating to a larger lady since there were empty seats. They offered me a direct flight at a sooner time since it was available instead of my later flight with a lay-over in El Salvador.
RouteLos Angeles to Guatemala City