ANA All Nippon Airways

(Japan)

HND-OKA-HND. Both flights were great spotless aircraft's clean toilets and regular drink services. The flights were full but the crew went out of there way to relocate me to a spare row for some extra comfort. I often fly ANA for business trips within Japan. I am always impressed at the high levels of service.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

FRA-NRT on the new 777 Business Class. HND-LAX sitting in the former Business Class. On both routes the catering was excellent compared to other airlines flying that route. It both looked and tasted great. Crew were efficient yet not overly friendly. New Business Class is nice with a lot of personal room. The seat is a little narrow and I always touched the tray while turning around in my lie flat. 2nd leg was old style Business Class with non lie flat but comfortable enough to sleep for 7 hrs on the HND-LAX leg.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

New York-Tokyo B777. Plenty of leg room good food clean facilities courteous FA's good movies and games. I switched from JAL because of the little ANA extras like an I-pod jack at every seat (even economy). Sufficient legroom but only one flight per day.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

ORD-NRT C Class. FA's would go out of their way to cater to requests and the needs of passengers. It's not too often that you would hear a "sorry no" from them. And if the answer happened to be a "sorry but no." it would be followed by "however perhaps we can do this..." and would be followed by an alternative solution. The seat while not fully flat was comfortable enough for the Transpacific flight and decent entertainment options on the AVOD. Lavatories were frequently cleaned by the FA's and fairly decent sets of amenities were made available to C Class passengers. Second (or third) meal service anytime by request is great since you can eat at your own timing. Lobster Curry was tasty. Excellent ground staff service both at ORD and NRT.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

CTS-HND on B747. Have never been on a plane with so many people. Friendly stewardess told me we were 565 passengers. In spite of that economy seat was roomy enough boarding was efficient there was an inflight drink flight on time and luggage arrived quickly.

(Hong Kong)

KIX to ICN on A320 Economy Class. Knowing that it is only a very short flight I didn't expect much for the inflight service. Out of my expectation I enjoyed an excellent inflight service given it is a four-star airline. Playing cards postcards and writing kits were available on request. Gifts were proactively given to young travellers by cabin crew. The crew were very friendly and helpful. The ANA special drink which claimed to be made from Kyushu orange was pretty good. However a fast decent meal instead of just a snack will be better. ANA's service might not be comparable to those of SQ but definitely comparable and even better than some 5-star airlines. They are close to 5-star status.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

NRT-SIN-NRT-ORD. Flights between NRT-SIN were just ok. The 767 was the most cramped aircraft I've ever been on and the food was mediocre. The legroom was so poor that my knees hit the seat in front of me when I reclined (and I'm not all that tall). The flight from NRT-ORD was excellent though. There was plenty of legroom on the 777 food was delicious and plentiful and nothing was too much trouble for the FAs. All flights did have excellent video-on-demand entertainment. Overall ANA is a little bit inconsistent but much better than any U.S. carrier. I would fly them again.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

IAD-NRT-IAD in First both aircraft were equipped with the old "new" product. Leaves a lot to be desired. There's basically no at-seat storage. I like that it's so easy to move the tray out of the way while you're eating though. Bed was a very thin mattress pad to put over the seat with a duvet on top. I had the Kaiseki meal and it was very good. Flight attendants very good and spoke English but their accent was so thick that it was very hard to understand them.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

PEK-KIX great legroom but seats and IFE on this 737-700 were not anything to write home about though good enough for this 3 hour leg. The cabin was in impeccable condition and service was quiet attentive and polite. Superb Japanese lunch with a fine choice of wines sakes and shochus.

(Japan)

NRT-SIN on Economy. Rebooked by SQ as my original SQ flight had been delayed and thus would likely miss my connection in Singapore. B767-300ER not new it was well maintained. The inflight service was decent and for those who flies on ANA only may satisfied with it. As I usually fly on SQ on NRT-SIN during the same time of the day there was a significant difference in inflight service. While SQ serves a lunch and a snack on 7 hour service ANA serves a lunch only. In addition SQ gives ice-cream for free ANA charges 350 yen as "ANA Selection". As ANA tickets to SIN sold in Japan are relatively more expensive than those of SQ I would choose SQ in the future.