ANA All Nippon Airways

"return flight was day of Typhoon Hagibis"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | I flew with ANA on 10/8/2019 from Taipei to Tokyo, and the in-flight service is fine and very satisfied. My scheduled return flight was on 10/12/2019, the day of Typhoon Hagibis. When Typhoon Hagibis was about to hit I got their notification by SMS that the return flight was canceled, but they didn't give further information of an alternative flight. I called my travel agent for help, they told me there is very little they can do on their side, and I have to call the ANA English call center for alternative flight arrangement. I called multiple times, but the line was busy, and finally the call was through, and I was directed to waiting for available service personnel. After 1 hour waiting my call was finally picked up , and arrange us into their 10/13 flight at the same departure time. In the next day afternoon, I got the notification again that my flight on 10/13 was canceled again. I called the English call center again, multiple times, but I kept getting automatic Japanese audio reply which I don't understand, and couldn't get through to their service personnel. Later, I found that their call center was down due to surged calls. Next day I went to Haneda airport when the transport services resumed, we were directed to ANA special service counters crowded with passengers. We were told the earliest flight we can took was on 10/18, that was all they were authorized to provide on the site. And we were offered the Eng call center no. which was expected to be available again in the night of 10/13, and asked us to call the center for other possibility. That is ridiculous to me, what is the point of setting up S-counters, and have customers to wait multiple hrs (>4 hrs for us), and then tell us to call a charged call center again for additional help?
RouteTokyo Haneda to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2019

"poor ticketing system"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur. Decent airline but poor ticketing and check-in system. Check-in at ANA counter always takes me more than 30mins because their system indicates that the name on the check-in system and name on passport is the other way around (First name, last name). This happens even though we strictly follow ANA'S online reservation system guideline on how to input names for people from various countries. I explained this to the ground staff at Narita and Haneda multiple times but their response is usually that the reservation system is handled by another department. Discrepancy between reservation system and check in system is definitely a possibility. I can't add my miles because ANA mile systems has a totally different rule for passengers without dedicated first name and last name. So I have given up Using ANA mileage but now using United mileageplus. My family and I are relatively frequent flyers yet we never experience this with other airlines. With ANA, same problem has been going on for at least 2 yrs but we have not seen any improvement since.
RouteTokyo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"climb up stairs to the plane"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Narita to Kuala Lumpur on flight NH815. After arriving at my gate, I started to feel weird as we are boarding through buses. You have to climb up stairs to the plane carrying your hand luggage. Maybe I have too high hopes for a 5 star Japanese airline. We are paying for service as a customer.
RouteTokyo ta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"ANA is always a pleasure"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Tokyo Haneda. Flying with ANA is always a pleasure as even before boarding the flight you know that the service will be of a very high standard due to Japanese custom of serving the client! Hence, it was no surprise that the flight has outstanding service from the Japanese and some Thai crew. Drinks and food was served in a superb manner, plane was very clean, toilets very super clean and if or whenever you called for service the crew came immediately, spoke with the most respect and promptly served you. This is a wonderful airline which I feel even Singapore Airlines and Cathy cannot match and they are great. However, what really impressed me was how professional the Purser in charge of my section; Ms Nagakawa was! I asked a Crew member for a customer form not realising that they would consider this as me being unhappy and raise it to their Purser. Ms Nagakawa came to me and said, "Sir, you have asked for a customer form, could you give me an outline of what the problem is?" The way in which she did it and showed concern made me realise what high standards this airline puts in pleasing a client and if the client is unhappy in anyway, they don't speak down to the client like other airlines do, their senior team members come professionally to appease the situation and help the client enjoy their flight. Luckily for her I had good news about how wonderful the flight was. She so politely spoke to me and appreciated it but that was not just it, she continued to maintain high standards by constantly checking on me and personally serving service of a high standard. An absolutely magnificent Purser who led the team by example and I had one of the best flights of my life. My return flight too was superb with high quality service from ANA. I highly recommend this company for safety, service and most important of all the way in which you as a client are respected! Thank you to ANA for employing such wonderful staff like Ms Nagakawa and the other crew as well as setting such high standards
RouteBangkok to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownAugust 2019

"serving with their hearts"

Trip Verified | Perth to Fukuoka via Tokyo. I would like to convey my deepest gratitude to the ANA ground staff/ supervisors in the check in desk areas at Perth International Airport. Before I could check in, I realised that I had accidentally left my mobile phone inside the car that dropped me off and I had no way of contacting them to retrieve my phone. In my distress, I turned to the first airport staff I met and they happened to be the ANA check-in supervisors. I had asked them on what I should do, whether I should check in first or try to retrieve my phone. Instead of providing me a textbook answer or redirecting me to the airport information desk, she offered for me to use her own mobile phone to call my family. I was shocked and deeply grateful. I had to make multiple calls on multiple phone numbers. But she remained She even continued to help me call my family as I checked in. They were patient, calm, and immensely helpful. In the end, I was able to retrieve my mobile phone. I am so grateful for the superb customer service. This is true service, serving with their hearts. 110% recommend. Will definitely fly ANA again!
RoutePerth to Fukuoka via Tokyo
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"most disappointing"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Narita on 8/30 had a serious delay and the way ANA handling it was a mess. First of all, the ANA crew did not know anything about the problem or they knew but they did not tell us, there was no communication between the airline company and customers. All we can do was keep waiting for another delay announcement. A lot of people need to transfer at NRT so the staff let them change the tickets first, that I can totally understand. However, as a business class passenger, I should have the priority to change my flight to other Star Alliance member such as EVA Air, but there was no line for that and after 3 hours waiting in line, one of the staff said the system was closed and my flight cannot be changed. They should just tell us immediately so people did not have to wait for hours. ANA did not arrange a hotel for us, I was flying from JFK to TPE then transfer to NRT, the time I arrived at TPE was 4 am, the time I left TPE was 11 pm, 19 hours of waiting, it was a nightmare. I can assure you I am the passenger who waited for the longest hours. In this case, ANA obvious did not know when the plane can be fixed, they should just arrange a hotel for passengers instead of kept postponing boarding time without explanation.  ANA paid 15,000 yen for communication is barely enough, the taxi from the airport to my hotel was around 10,000 yen, with the tips and tax there’s not much left. At Taipei, food vouchers were not enough, foods were expensive at the airport. 200-300 Taiwanese dollars can’t even get a regular lunch set or dinner set. To sum up, this trip was a nightmare because of this incident. The most disappointing things were the way ANA deal with it. I fly ANA quite often and I always have a good impression, but from this incident, I could not believe it is a 5-star airline.
RouteTaipei to Narita
Date FlownAugust 2019

"have to wait for check-in"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bangkok in July. Wheelchair passenger have to wait for check-in more than 1 hour at Haneda airport. We had been waiting at Special Assistant line for longer than 30 Minutes, then the line not move because the ladies in front of my group have some problem. All staffs come to help her. So we move from Special Assistant to normal check-in line which is faster, wait another 15 minutes and we are the next queue. ANA staff came to us and put our group back to the Special Assistant queue again. Not good service. Total process for check-in is longer than 1 hour.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"service from the FAs was excellent"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh to to Chicago via Tokyo Narita. The Flight from Ho Chi Minh to Narita in economy was reasonable for the cost. The range of movies on the PTV system was limited and the food was very tasty. Customer service from the FAs was very excellent. The Narita-Chicago Flight was better than Ho Chi Minh to Narita because the service was better and it was flown by a B777-300ER.
AircraftBoeing 767-300 / 777-300ER
RouteHo Chi Minh to to Chicago via Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the best travel experience"

Not Verified | Okinawa to Vancouver via Tokyo. It was an amazing experience! We had to leave Okinawa because of a nearby hurricane. And our flight got delayed by an hour and we landed in Tokyo at 9:25pm and our next flight to Vancouver took off at 9:25pm. They had everything planned for our arrival and escorted us to our new flight in a rush and it was so well done. We got through one the worlds biggest airports in 25 mins and they paid for our taxi between terminals and rushed us through security and immigration, and they were keeping us updated the entire time. Got to our flight and safety took off. It was the best travel experience of my life.
RouteOkinawa to Vancouver via Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"very happy with the service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to New York via Tokyo. I am very happy with the service and cleanliness of this aircraft! ANA and the FAs are very helpful and accommodating. They are also helpful during the flight not only with my baby but other babies too. They are mindful to our needs as a family and always courteous and polite.
RouteManila to New York via Tokyo