Allegiant Air

"rude and disrespectful"

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Stockton. Yesterday during our departure an employee at the gate, pulling people out of line. She was checking to make sure that people had paid for carry on luggage. She didn’t check everyone just people she didn’t “seem” to like. One was my wife. She rudely pulled us out of line told us we hadn’t paid for one of our bags and then told us to “pay”. She did this in front of all the other passengers. She was also doing this to other passengers. She was rude and disrespectful. The other passengers became irritated at her and began calling her names. This lady delayed the flight over a few on unpaid bags. My wife’s bag was an oversight not done intentionally however this lady embarrassed us and the other passengers.
RouteLas Vegas to Stockton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"should be held accountable"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Oklahoma City. Absolute worst airline ever. Flew out to LA for a weekend, our returning flight was cancelled without reschedule. We were left stranded in LAX with nowhere to go except spend $1000 per person x6 to get a one way home. This was on a Sunday, we were not given any alternative options. The airline posted a delay for 2 hours, after 2.5 hours we were one of two that received an automated call saying the flight was cancelled. Only 2 people out of an entire plane were notified. The attendants wouldn’t even tell us! When asked what we could do they offered to book us on the Thursday flight, leaving us to pay for everything for 5 days without reimbursement and they also couldn’t guarantee the flight! There were so many families on the plane stranded without any money or the ability to do anything at all and the airlines wasn’t accommodating or helpful in the least. It was so sad to watch these people scramble to figure out what to do. Many of which were left in huge financial distress because they had no other option! It disgusting that an airline is allowed to operate under this lack of service and zero federal regulations. We had to purchase astronomical one way tickets to the closest airport and rent a car home on our own dime without any offer of help. It’s disgusting. Allegiant Air should be held accountable. No one should pay their hard earned money for a service and be left stranded without a way out! It’s absolutely despicable.
RouteLos Angeles to Oklahoma City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not be using this airline again"

Trip Verified | Omaha to Las Vegas. My wife and I were not able to leave for our late honeymoon because there were maintenance issues with our plane that delayed the flight almost 24 hours. After waiting on hold for almost 45 minutes and having to call several times to actually speak to a person I was told the only option was reimbursement for the flight (which would take us off the flight plan) or they could put us on a flight in Grand Island as long as we were willing to drive there. This would have been ok accept the flight left in 2 hours and the drive was just over two hours leaving us with no options even after asking for any kind of connecting flight. A friend of ours who would have been on the same flight received a $100 voucher for the flight being delayed and was reimbursed for the hotel she was unable to make it to, but we were not given the same treatment. I asked if we would be compensated for the inconvenience but was told there was "simply nothing we can do" and they would not reimburse us for our hotel because we did not book the hotel through their website because they were "not responsible" even though the only reason we didn't get to the hotel was because of the airline leaving them at fault. All together the airline did nothing for our inconvenience and the representative I spoke to made no attempt to help with our situation. My wife and I will not be using this airline again.
RouteOmaha to Las Vegas

"worst travel experiences"

Trip Verified | Provo to Mesa. This is hands down one of the absolute worst travel experiences I’ve had with the worst airline company I’ve ever dealt with. We are very unhappy and displeased & this is not our first issue with Allegiant. I am very upset with this company & bothered from start to finish!! They have lost many customers (myself, my family and friends) from this situation & their lack of help/response. We were at the airport & a very light snow flurry started that lasted less than 10 min. They tell us that there has to be a over ¼ of a mile visibility for the plane to land. Within a few minutes of the storm hitting we could see to the lake which is about 1 mile away. They then told us that the “plane does not have enough gas to circle while waiting for weather” They said that the plane had to fly back to Mesa (over an hr flight) to fuel up. We find this upsetting & hard to believe as the FAA has very specific rules and guidelines about how much gas a plane has to have. They should have had enough to circle & wait for the short flurry to pass. I have been on planes before that circled for 30 or more minutes before turning to go somewhere else. Even had a plane turn back around and land where we were supposed to after circling and waiting. So this is completely unacceptable! We are then told it will be a 2 hr delay (in the worst, most uncomfortable and claustrophobic airport I’ve been in) so they can go fill up the plane. This is upsetting & frustrating but we can handle a 2 hr delay. Shortly after this we are told that it would be even more delayed further into the evening causing a 10 hour delay. They said that they did not have snow removal equipment at the airport so the plane can’t come back. How does an airport in Utah not have snow removal equipment? It snows there half the year but they don’t have the equipment!! But then we see a snow plow in the parking lot.. All of this is completely uncalled for, unnecessary and ridiculous. If we had been in the Salt Lake airport we would have taken off and been in our destination on time. We had to pay for an uber to get us to and from the airport which cost us even more money. Thankfully we live within 30 min of the airport. When we got back to the airport there is another delay! The incoming plane doesn’t land until it is almost time for our flight to take off. They finally load the plane and we sit on the tarmac for an extended period of time waiting without any reason, they never told us why we weren’t taking off. Once we land we then sit on the tarmac again, once again with no explanation. When we were on the plane we were not offered anything as an apology, no free snacks or drinks from the over priced selection. Staff did not seem apologetic for the issues or problems with the flights! Our entire first day of the trip was completely gone and ruined! I have been trying to contact customer service since this all happened. I have emailed a few times with no response. I spent about 4 hours trying to call Allegiant today to no avail.
RouteProvo to Mesa
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not had a problem with them"

Not Verified | I have flown with Allegiant Airlines several times over the past few months and not had a problem with them. They get me to the destination I need to go, and no issues with check in or boarding. They may not serve any complimentary drinks or snacks unless you buy it but that doesn’t matter to me since the flights I’ve been taking are only about an hour and a half long. I also had my flight canceled recently due to bad weather but I called to reschedule my flight for another day and their customer service was efficient and great, and made the rescheduling very easy. I would recommend flying with Allegiant, especially for shorter distance flights. I’ll definitely be flying with them again in the future.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Asheville

"relatively pleasant flights"

Trip Verified | I have used Allegiant Air two times over the last few months. Once from Boise to Las Vegas and from Boise to Mesa. Both times I was on an Airbus A320 and had relatively pleasant flights. Service was easy and the people at the desk in the airports and customer service (phone) were friendly and helpful. The only drawbacks from my experience were the customer service phone wait time (over an hour) and paying for a carry on. However, on my second flight after a little more research I found that Veterans get free checked bags and carry ons which was very cool. My flights were short (under 2 hours) so the snack situation was not an issue. Big point is if you do your research and read the info provided by them then you should have no complaints. I've seen too many bad reviews where people complain about stuff they would have known if they researched and read what was provided to them. Those reviews make me laugh and are unhelpful to say the least and I give them an unhelpful vote whenever I can. I wholeheartedly would recommend Allegiant and will happily fly them again.
RouteBoise to Mesa

"treated so unprofessionally"

Trip Verified | Oakland to Bellingham. The flight associate at the ticket counter at Oakland airport was very rude. As I got in the line, one associate was already yelling at another customer who had issues with his carryon bag, he was treated so badly and was threatened with security. Then came my turn when a different associate half sleepy (6am) doesn’t even greet and was damn rude about my bag being 5 pounds overweight, I said I will take out items and balance it out, she just stood there yawning and making rude comments while I was balancing the weight. I asked her if she was having a bad morning and she said no I’m having fantastic morning. Never ever in my life have I been treated so unprofessionally at an airline ticket counter. I will think twice next time flying this airline.
RouteOakland to Bellingham
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never use Allegiant Air again"

Trip Verified | Orlando Sanford to Tri State Milton. I will never use Allegiant Air again or recommend them. They charged me for 2 people when it should have been 1 on a trip from FL to VA. I tried to call them but no one ever actually answers the phones, so I could not see for sure of the double charge till I received my monthly credit card bill. I emailed them to ask for a correction and a refund, had to wait a long time for their response and was basically told too bad, so sad, no refund for you! I will never use their services again. I was double charged because of a mistake due to their part and left feeling angry and disgusted. Horrible Customer Relations and Service.
RouteOrlando Sanford to Tri State Milton
Date FlownJune 2018

"they won't refund me"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. I didn't pick up the rental thru them due to me losing my license the day before and they won't refund me. I called Alamo and they said they cant refund that Allegiant have to but they mention they wont refund you due to them still trying to make money through a rental. But I didn't use it?
RouteKnoxville to Tampa

"Very poor communication"

Not Verified | Louisville to Punta Gorda. Very poor communication during incident on arrival during disembarking the plane with 30 minute delay without explanation or apologies. A similar delay at Louisville 30 mins near gate but unable to off load on 20 November due to gate occupancy. Service and communication poor at best.
RouteLouisville to Punta Gorda