Allegiant Air

"shorted us $15 on the refund"

Not Verified | We've been using Allegiant Air for a while now. We recently booked two flights and it automatically upgraded us to some weird bundle, which resulted in almost a $200 up charge. Naturally, we cancelled and rebooked. The only problem was that we used some of our points to book the first time. Not only did we not get our points back, they shorted us $15 on the refund. We waited for hours on the phone to talk with someone. Never even got through. Very annoying.
RouteProvo to Mesa
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Minimal space for seating"

Not Verified | Don't fly with this airline unless you want to be 1-3 hours late. The flight to and from were both delayed 1-2 hours. The flight arrivals were 1 hour late and you spend another hour sitting in the plane waiting for it to start moving. Minimal space for seating, smallest tray tables I've seen on any flight, and they will charge you for beverages or food/snacks. They offer no in flight entertainment. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money for a much better airline.
RouteFlorida to Utah

"absolute worst experience"

Trip Verified | I absolutely hate Allegiant. Our flight has been delayed traveling both ways. I have been delayed for hours now and still no notification (email or text) that the flight was delayed. The absolute worst experience I have ever had flying.
RouteDestin to Grand Rapids
Date FlownMarch 2023

"I’ll forever be grateful for them"

Trip Verified | I was recently on an Allegiant flight from Asheville NC to Minneapolis MN (Flight 237). I was feeling nauseous after 45 minutes into the flight so I got up to use the restroom in the rear of the plane. Once I got to the back i became extremely dizzy and I blacked out. I could hear people talking to me but I couldn’t see anything. The Allegiant flight attendants acted fast to put an oxygen mask on me and laid me down on the floor. I believe two nurses were on my flight too who checked my pulse and blood pressure. I wish I knew their names so I could thank them for jumping up to make sure I was ok. Very scary moment for me but everyone who helped me made sure I was comfortable as I came back to and I’ll forever be grateful for them.
RouteAsheville to Minneapolis

"This is unacceptable!"

Trip Verified | Allegiant is the absolute worst airline. My boarding pass said to to board at 7.20 am and to be there 2 hours prior. Showed up on time, waited for over an hour and no Allegiant employee ever showed up to check myself and my bags in. This is unacceptable! This was supposed to be a surprise birthday trip for my elderly grandmother and this companies lack of compassion for its clientele has ruined it! This is a weekend I will never get back!
RouteMemphis to Orlando, Florida
Date FlownNovember 2022

"having computer issues"

Not Verified | Been on vacation to Punta Cana. Get to the airport and check in at 10:30 am for a 1:00 pm flight home. Sat on the plane for 2 hours while they explain to us that they're having computer issues. After 2 hours they make us all disembark from the plane and haven't given us a status, just keep pushing the time out. First time ever flying with this airline, will be the last. I'd be willing to fly the Three Stooges airline if there eas such a thing, before ever flying Allegiant again.
RoutePunta Cana to Cincinnati

"non-existent customer service"

Not Verified | I am pretty sure that the Allegiant Air executives do not care to read or to pay attention to the reviews of their airline - for them, the revenue and the profit is the most important. Not the passengers. Not the service. I was scheduled to fly from Harrisburg, PA, to Ft. Lauderdale, FL on March 2nd - Allegiant flight #507 leaving at 6:26pm. Without any notifications or warnings, the flight has been re-scheduled 8 times for the departure at 10:45pm (more than 4 hrs delay). At the same time, there was NO ONE from the airline at the gate to convey/explain the delay or to communicate any related information. I've tried to chat with the customer service via the website but to no avail ("sorry, our agents are not currently available"), tried calling the customer service - waited for 1.5 hrs to no avail either. Overall, it is an ultra low cost airline (although I paid a pretty hefty price for a one way ticket - the same as on United Airlines in opposite direction) with a non-existent customer service and the lack of responsibilities. If you are enjoying spending long-long hours being delayed and arriving in the middle of night (2-3am instead of 9pm), having "zero" customer service - yes, choose Allegiant Air!
RouteHarrisburg to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2023

"I'm through with Allegiant"

Not Verified | Flight 1911 originating in Bangor Maine. Scheduled to take off at approximately 3:40pm on 2/28/23. 90 Min delay right off the bat. Then another delay and another delay. Then boarding takes place and we have to be de iced. Had to get in line for that. waited an hour then went to runway, waited so long there de icing had expired. Back to De icing area, sat and waited. Never happened. Then Flt attendant said airport closing for an hour. Back to the gate, deplaned. After a while boarded again. Went to de ice. Never happened. Say for 30 or 40 min. Back to the gate. Flight attendant says they ran out of de icer. Please keep in mind this is Bangor Maine in mid winter. Flight is finally delayed until 3/1 at 1 pm. 3/1 1pm no plane2:30 still no plane. in the meantime, their flight scheduled for 31 are taking off. Customer service rep tells us that they are flying a plane in from Pennsylvania to finally take us to our destination over 24 hours late. I've spent the better part of two days now at the Bangor airport and I'm not spending any more and so I asked for my bags back, and I rebook with a flight to Tampa on Thursday evening. And I drag all my bags back to the car and leave just spend another night in the motel and then I think better of what I've done and so I cancel everything, including the booking that I made for the end of March, I'm through with Allegiant. The customer service people were very nice and unfortunately they are trapped with the angry customer so they have the worst job of anyone. In fact, I just acquired and allegiant air credit card because I was using the airline so much and I will be cutting that up in the very short pieces and sending it to someone with instructions on what they could possibly do with it.
RouteBangor to Sanford,
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"I would not fly them again"

Trip Verified | I was set to fly and when I got to the airport my service dog was denied. I asked why and the attendant had no idea. I lost the flight. I have trying to get in touch and that is a laugh. They do not return emails or answer the phone. I have sat on the phone for hours and no attendant. I have lost the $500 and I have tried to reach out to them and they just ignore you. I would not fly them again.
RouteNew York Stewart to St. Pete–Clearwater
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"an awful flight there and back"

Trip Verified | I will never fly Allegiant again. Was an awful flight there and back. First flight had 3 drunk guys sitting behind us at 9am. Many complaints but flight crew didn't do anything about it. They would rather save 3 than the many who sat around them behind bothered by the yelling and bad language. The flight back was even worse. The people directly behind us had a medium size dog that whined and yelped loudly the entire 2.5 hour trip. The dog was under my seat so it was even louder for me. The owners only were addressed by the crew when they were caught with the dog sitting openly on their lap. Not being bad enough, the dog was also passing gas. One of the requirements listed on Allegiants website is the animal must be "non disruptive". This definitely was not the case and the flight crew was not eager to do anything about it. Not to mention that both of us are allergic and were sneezing. I did reach out to Allegiant with my complaint. Their answer was shocking and dismissive to say the least. They pretty much said, in short, that it's my problem and they did nothing wrong. I asked to speak to someone else and I've been brushed off. Again, they are going to lose passengers to save the feelings of two people. This isn't very good business!
RouteGrand Rapids, MI to St Pete, FL