Allegiant Air

"Never will fly them again!"

Not Verified | St Pete/Clearwater to Norfolk. I traveled on July 18, 2019. The Allegiant staff at St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport in Florida were extremely rude and impatient. They apparently have no skill level in how to communicate with customers in a civil manner. Thor demands were rigid and not accommodating to the customer. No attempt was made by 2 of the staff to timely check in customers. Cramped seating! Never will fly them again!
RouteSt Pete/Clearwater to Norfolk
Date FlownJuly 2019

"super price, free checked bags"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Grand Junction. I was thrilled to find these tickets - super price, free checked bags and carryon bag if you bring your veteran card or DD214, 3 miles from my home, and the Allegiant employees were professional and efficient. Cons do include the inconvenience of waiting in line. You must pay a fee if you want seat assignment. There’s not even water available without a fee. The seats are very narrow. Tips: get there early. Don’t take an over-weight bag. Get your bags tagged. Enjoy the cheap flight.
RoutePhoenix to Grand Junction
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Everything went without a hitch"

Trip Verified | I have seen a lot of negative reviews about Allegiant and I have to admit that it was with some trepidation that I decided to take a trip with them. I don't normally submit a review but I wanted to share my experience. The fee-happy structure is intimidating and your experience can be different than what you are used to on another airline. At the Airport, plan for more time at the ticket counter. Individual flights seem to have their own line. Don't get in the wrong line. Plan on more time with the ticket counter agent. If you are checking a bag or carrying on a bag, they will review this information with you. You will receive a tag for your carry on. Your carry on luggage may well be considered "too large" and will need to be checked. Similarly, your checked bag can only be 40 lbs (most airlines give you 50 lbs). Make sure your luggage conforms to their published dimensions and weight. What is considered carry-on size for Delta may need to be checked on Allegiant. There is a lot of homework to do or you could end up with an unpleasant surprise. What I found that WAS a very pleasant surprise is that if you are a veteran and can prove it - you can check up to 3 bags and a carry on for FREE! It is the most generous offering in the industry. There are other perks for veterans too, so check their website for a full,detailed list. The flight was on time, the flight crew was pleasant. They made it quite clear that nothing on that beverage and snack cart was free and they went through the cabin very quickly. It was easy to move around since the the carts swept through the cabin much quicker than airlines which give complimentary snacks and beverages. The chairs (I won't call them seats) were narrow, hard and did not recline. For the hour flight we had, it was fine. For the price, I did not mind at all. For my destination, they make only two flights per week. Its a little scary to think about a cancelled flight, so that is a risk you must be willing to take. Everything went without a hitch and i got to spend a great weekend with my friends and I could not have driven there for the cost of the flight. With their generous perks for veterans and the attractive pricing, I am for sure, a satisfied Allegiant customer.
RouteMesa to Grand Junction
Date FlownJuly 2019

"just told no as an answer"

Trip Verified | Sanford to Rochester. I have booked many trips on Allegiant as I book for a construction crew and for myself. I have enjoyed the prices that they offer and always get Trip Flex for bookings. A couple weeks ago, I booked a business trip for myself to go to Rochester. Today, I learned that my colleague's mother is in heart failure and wanted to change my flight to next week to allow him to have time to gather himself. A simple task? Well apparently, somehow I did not purchase Trip Flex this time and I discovered this when trying to change the flight to next week. I tried to call and chat to get help. I typically use Allegiant or Southwest depending upon the city that I am going to. Well, it is almost an hour later and am still on hold waiting for a human. Octavia came onto the chat with me 30 minutes after trying to initiate a chat. I can tell you that my level of frustration was already elevated. When I explained the situation the attitude was less than having any interest in helping me and I got links to terms and conditions. I was not given the opportunity to speak to a supervisor and was just told no as an answer. I will tell you that I have spent almost 5k dollars in the past 6 months booking flights on Allegiant but will no longer utilize them based on their inflexibility. I have never asked for any special treatment and needed some help this one time. What a business model! Instead of trying to get a supervisor, they simply disconnected the chat. I did not use profanity of any kind and was simply demanding to speak to someone who would help me. Octavia did not say she was disconnecting as she could not help me or anything else. She simply and abruptly disconnected the chat! What kind of customer service and lack of compassion is this? I can assure you that I will spend a tiny bit more with a competitor to have the flexibility that I need.
RouteSanford to Rochester
Date FlownJuly 2019

"this airline is a joke"

Not Verified | Myrtle Beach to Allentown. Truly the most disorganized experience I’ve ever had, and this applies both to and from our destination. Both times aircraft were not fueled enough to make the trip so passengers waited over an hour for take off. By the time the aircraft was fueled a storm hit and we not only had to sit on the plane and for an additional hour but the route was changed extending the flight by half an hour. Staff was completely unprofessional also. If you have any other option, take it, this airline is a joke.
RouteMyrtle Beach to Allentown

"was very rude to me"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Oakland. The person in charge of the boarding process was very rude to me and my friends . I fly with Allegiant all the time and generally I find good affordable deals! Other than the couple times my flight has got canceled, but I’ve managed to accommodate. However the service I’ve had today was unbelievable, not only was she rude but she made me and my friends step out of line for no apparent reason. It’s one thing if we’re doing something wrong but at least treat us with respect.
RouteLas Vegas to Oakland
Date FlownJuly 2019

"ended up only being refunded $28"

Trip Verified | I had to cancel my trip due to health concerns. Online I was told several different refund amounts. I paid over $200 for my flight originally and ended up only being refunded $28. I canceled 14 days before the flight date. Don't ever try to contact the customer service line, 1-702-505-8888. I was on hold for over 90 minutes and eventually hung up because I got no where. I never even spoke to a representative. Smaller airline companies such as Spirit and Frontier blow this company out of the water, and believe me those other 2 airline companies are't anything special to write home about. If you have two legs I would recommend walking to your destination before taking this airline.
RoutePittsburgh to New Orleans
Date FlownJuly 2019

"told that the plane already left"

Not Verified | My father and niece were scheduled to have a flight, they arrived early and checked in via app. While in line to verify If the bags were ok to carry on, there were people being pulled from the line because there were planes boarding for other locations. Then a lady behind us asked the lady if she could skip the line because she had a flight that left in 15 minutes. The manager asked her where she was going and told her she had plenty of time because all of Allegiant was using 1 gate and there was a line of planes. So after paying $50 more for a carry on bag, my family arrived to the gate only to be told that the plane already left. They also charge for everything. Need a boarding pass? $5 need to bring a carry on? $50. They would not even refund the $50 for the carry on that was just paid for. On top of that, good luck getting in contact with the 702-505-8888 customer service department
RouteOrlando to Memphis
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Worst service and experience"

Trip Verified | My wife has been waiting since 4 pm to leave Ft Lauderdale to Ashville. Just advised (9:30 pm) will be 3:30 am before departure. Worst service and experience in 50 years.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Asheville

Allegiant Air customer review

Not Verified | Bismarck to Phoenix. Very disappointed in the late notice for the rescheduling of my flight. They first delayed my plane and I received plenty of notice. However, they don’t notify you if the plane is cancelled. They didn’t email or call and waited till I was at the airport to cancelled. It’s very unprofessional and for such a price, I’d hope for better customer service.
RouteBismarck to Phoenix