Allegiant Air

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Indianapolis to St. Petersburg. Overall very low budget airline and you get what you pay for with this company. Understand you are getting a very cheap flight to your destination with no frills or thrills and limited functionality from other airlines. No WiFi and they nickel and dime you to death. They will stop you and charge fees for the carryon almost habitually. Again you get what you pay for with this airline. It’s cheap they will get you there but everything else about it is pretty terrible from a customer stand point.
RouteIndianapolis to St. Petersburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not given us a full refund"

Trip Verified | Concord Regional to St Petersburg. After waiting two hours on a plane that never showed up, we were informed that our flight was cancelled and would not be rescheduled. It's been over two weeks and Allegiant still has not given us a full refund. Keeping monies paid for a product/service you don't provide is unethical and illegal. After multiple calls and emails the problem still isn't resolved and they still have our money. If you are reading this and considering booking with this abysmal airline do yourself a favor STAY AWAY!
RouteConcord Regional to St Petersburg

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Excellent experience flying from Newburgh New York to Sanford Florida both ways. I didn’t expect frills from a budget airline and they were not any but the staff was friendly and helpful, both flights were on time and we didn’t have any problems.
RouteNewburgh to Sanford

"everything was perfect"

Trip Verified | I was apprehensive after reading over other reviews, but I'm so glad I took a chance on Allegiant!! From check-in to luggage retrieval, everything was perfect. The staff at the check-in counters at both airports were friendly and efficient. I think I spent two minutes, maximum, at each counter dropping off my bag, but I didn't feel rushed. Both flights left and arrived on time, and my luggage was available quickly. I felt like the website was very clear on the prices, and the airline sent multiple reminders to pay my baggage fees prior to arriving at the airport. I sat in an exit row on both flights, and checked a bag, and still paid significantly less than I would have flying any other airline, and I didn't have to go through Portland or Seattle, as I typically do to fly to Medford. I'm very happy with everything about this trip.
RouteLos Angeles to Medford
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"won't be flying them again!"

Not Verified | "Ma'am - I really don't care if you fly Allegiant" - Punta Gorda gate agent Jan 2, 2019. The gate agent for our flight (1596) today - Jan 2, 2019 was quite possibly the worst I have ever dealt with in my flying history. I've flown all over the world and our family flies every 4-6 weeks - mostly frequently between Rochester NY and Southwest Florida. Until this past year I refused to fly Allegiant due to their bad on-time and service record but heard through friends that it wasn't too bad and have since flown with them 8 times. Today - the gate agent in Punta Gorda went out of her way to be nasty. I realize that, for the most part, you get what you pay for. This is why I always pay for upgraded seats (meaning we sit forward in seating position - not to be confused with better, bigger seats - because they are not. Not a problem. I know that and do not expect bigger better seats - still I pay more). In all of the previous flights, prior to today, I have traveled with the same luggage that I carried on today. As we approached the gate agent rudely told us to get out of line and stand aside as we needed to pay for a carry on. I told her I had flown with the bag, never having paid before, her response was "Well Today YOU DO." We watched many others board with the same or larger bags, before my husband approached and said "these people have the same size bag, why are they not paying?" She then looked for a passenger with a bag, took his phone from him and tried showing it to us. It was awkward and extremely unprofessional. When the rest of the plane had boarded and she was finally ready to "deal" with us and another passenger, she turned to us and said the bags we were boarding with had to be paid for. I tried to explain once again that we had boarded the flight to PGD without incident, as well as many other Allegiant flights with the same bag. She could not have been ruder as she turned back and said that all of the of the other gate agents are not paying attention which, then, makes her job that much harder. At this point, I turned to my husband and said if this is the way Allegiant is going to treat people, we won't fly with them in the future. Having overheard my comment to my husband, the gate agent then addresses me and says "Ma'am I really don't care! Thousands of people will." WOW - through this whole ordeal I was thinking...it takes just as much energy to be nice as it does to be nasty - Yet she chose to be as snarky and rude as she could possibly be. I paid for a checked baggage, paid for seats, paid for my pet to fly - obviously I would have paid for a carry on bag if I had realized the necessity. This flight did change my opinion of Allegiant Air, what if the pilot and crew on board had the same "Ma'am I really don't care attitude"? We won't be flying them again!
RoutePunta Gorda to Rochester

"poor customer service"

Not Verified | Allegiant cancelled our flight 3 hrs prior- no explanation just a text. No reason given, no options given. Website is not user friendly. 24 hr customer service line - can’t get through- after 1.5 hrs on hold was Hung up on. We did not know what to do so we Decided to head to the airport. We were placed On an alternative flight which at least put us In our own state- then had to rent a car and drive home 4 hours after only 2 hours of sleep. Poor customer service or lack thereof. Since we took an alternate flight they “cannot help us Further”. They didn’t help at all to Begin with! It was a very stressful situation. The only way I was able to reach someone about my concern was via private fb message On their fb page. But they do not tell anyone this is an option- The options for getting ahold of someone That they provide are useless. Avoid this airline at all costs or you may miss your destination. And you will get zero help resolving your issue. Not worth saving a few hundred bucks. The flight attendants were very nice- not their fault- it’s the company that has poor customer service policies.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSanford/Orlando to Rochester Albany
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cancel the flight hours before"

Trip Verified | McAllen to Orlando. Booked a flight to Orlando, Florida with months in advance and the airline decided to cancel the flight hours before! Not even to reschedule for a later time or for the next day. Just cancelled. Why? “due to weather” when there are no blizzards in either area or thunderstorms. Very disappointed with their customer service and lack of accommodation. Not only did we lose out on that, but the hotel reservations and 4 day theme park tickets and reservations to restaurants. Their response and a way of apologizing was “we’re sorry for the inconvenience, there's nothing else we can do for you”.
RouteMcAllen to Orlando
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Allegiant has been such a hassle"

Trip Verified | St Petersburg to Tampa. Flying Allegiant should be the last option unless you are just looking for a cheap flight. You're not allowed anything free to drink including water unless you pay on the flight (but I was told I can get a cup of ice and wait for it to melt). Seats don't recline. Takes at least 45 minutes to get anyone on the phone for customer service. Once I was at the gate for departure and they told me I hadn't been checked in, even though I had their desk. Very rigid rules. The baggage restrictions are similar to other airlines as far as the maximum inches (H+W+L).. however if you're carrying on the plane, they want you to fit your carry-on in this skinny metal stand and if it doesn't fit they will charge a $50 fee. I was surprised because I had a piece of luggage that fit the maximum inches but because it didn't fit inside this skinny stand they made me pay and wouldn't refund my carry-on fee I paid for. Truth is if my carry-on was completely empty there was no way it would have fit, or anyone else's. I was shocked at how skinny it has to be. Also as I got on the plane, I counted about 14 other bags that were my exact size luggage that weren't asked to fit in their carry-on checking metal stand. Allegiant has been such a hassle.
RouteSt Petersburg to Tampa

"rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Cincinnati to Jacksonville. Haven’t taken off, would get off now if I could. This airline is rude and unprofessional. Never again. I love a good deal but this was not work it in the slightest.
RouteCincinnati to Jacksonville
Date FlownDecember 2018

"disappointed with this company"

Trip Verified | Raleigh Durham to Tampa. Very disappointed with this company as I usually use to fly myself and my family back and forth between NC and Florida. The terms state you can be charged if the flight is cancelled or changed within 7 days. I've spent the last 24 hours getting in contact with a representative to cancel and now I finally have they are trying to charge me 75 to cancel even when it's more than the 7 days from my flight.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Tampa