Allegiant Air

"I will never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Yesterday night I got held up at TSA due to carrying a diaper bag that contained formula, bottled water and infant body wash. I showed up to board the plane 2 minutes after the 15 minute grace period due to running through the airport with an infant on my chest, a diaper bag and a bag of clothes for myself and my child. They would not let me board the plane or speak to anyone about it and were so rude I began to get upset. I explained that this was my first time flying with my baby as I am a new mom , but also under immense depression due to the passing of a family member. Despite telling them I’m flying for my fathers funeral, seeing my infant and also had 2 TSA members run ahead of me to explain to them I was coming and held up due to testing everything in my diaper bag. They were extremely rude, wouldn’t direct me to someone to at least switch my ticket and completely shewed me away. I have flown with this airline multiple times but I will never fly with them again. I also cannot reach anyone for a refund or credit
RouteSavannah to Baltimore
Date FlownMay 2022

"acted like we were an inconvenience"

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed by over an hour, which I understand sometimes happens, but there was no communication. No one could tell us when we would board or land and the flight info was never updated. Employees acted like we were an inconvenience trying to find out when to tell our rides to arrive at the airport. Then my luggage was lost. Neither airport has Allegiant baggage support or customer support. Their customer service number gives a busy signal and the few times I’ve gotten through directs me to the website and hangs up. I’ve submitted 3 requests online for lost luggage, but received no response. Someone at St. Pete accidentally answered my phone call and said she’d call back in one hour, 5 hours ago. The Memphis Airport Authority told me they get calls like mine everyday, but there’s no way to hold them accountable. Oh and if enough time passes, they’re not liable. It’s almost been 24 hours of calling and emailing and I’ve spoken to one person who won’t call back. I’m leaving out so many other terrible experiences.
RouteSt. Pete/Clearwater to Memphis
Date FlownMay 2022

"Terrible experience in general"

Trip Verified | The absolute worst airline I have ever flown. We were mistreated my the staff just because we waited to get off the plane, because we had one infant and one toddler. This is far from a family friendly airline. Terrible experience in general.
RouteChicago to Punta Gorda
Date FlownJune 2021

"should be ashamed of themselves!"

Trip Verified | Worse experience ever! On 5/13/2022 I drive from Louisville to Cincinnati to catch a flight to Vegas at 6:00am. I arrived to the airport right at 4 and was in what I thought was the line I needed to be in to check my bag only for them to keep calling for Denver flights and never once mentioned Las Vegas. So several of us made our own line since the Denver flight was their main priority while I’ve already been waiting to check in my bag for almost 45 min which was 5:00 am by that time. So I was next in line and looked away for literally one minute to turn around and see that an old lady had jumped in from of me. Although I was in a panic pressed for time I let it slide because I do respect my elders little did I know she was blind and needed special services which took around 20 min for them to check her bag then walk her to her seat then waits with her for someone to accompany her. So by the time I was able to check in the lady that worked with Allegiant was extremely rude and immediately told me I couldn’t check my bag as it was too late (mind you I had been in that line for over an hour at that point). So she told me I could go through TSA with my checked bag. So me being determined to go on my trip that I had planned months prior I attempted it. Once I waited in the TSA line for another 20 min waiting on the dogs to sniff everything then they had to search my suitcase bc it had all of my big bottles of toiletries that I had just bought so they could throw them all away. By this time it’s 5:50 so with tears in my eyes I asked the TSA gentleman to please hurry bc I was about to miss my flight. By time he was done it was already 6am and I had just missed my flight! So I immediately call Allegiant to express my frustration after waiting on hold for over two hours just to speak with someone I explained the situation and although they admitted to it being their fault and me being there in plenty of time because of the unorganization. They refused to give me a refund and only gave me $842 towards a future flight although my total flight was $1400. I’ve flown with Allegiant multiple times and have never had a bad experience before now. So not only did I miss out on my first time experience to Vegas I also missed out on a music festival that I had paid $500 for months prior. Because of how rude and unorganized Allegiant in Cincinnati was/is, I will never be using Allegiant again. This is wrong on so many levels and Allegiant should be ashamed of themselves!
RouteCincinnati to Las Vegas
Date FlownMay 2022

"the experience is terrible"

Trip Verified | I have flown Allegiant Fort Lauderdale to Concord, NC many times. Every time I have to contact customer service, the experience is terrible. No more pandemic, but there's still a 2 hour wait time, they suggested calling off peak hours between 9pm and 3am. The chat feature indicated it was working many times, but it was not. The best option was email. The flights have always been good but the customer service is absolutely disgusting. I can no longer support this airline and will fly to Charlotte via a different airline in the future. If you are considering flying with Allegiant, I would reconsider. Seriously. You'd think I would have saved money because of their fares. Wrong, it's actually cost me more than flying a major airline. Just don't do it. Reconsider.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Concord
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Horrible business practices"

Trip Verified | Horrible business practices. I arrived at Midway six hours early. Checked my bag. When I arrived in Fort Walton, my bag never showed. I later found out they put my bag on a plane that went to North Carolina. Although it was tagged for Fort Walton. I immediately reported my lost bag, that's how I found out where it was. They said they would mail it to my house. A week later, it arrived with the entire width of the front ripped. I took pictures and emailed them upon it arriving. Forgot calling, you can't get through. They said to tell them how much I paid and when I bought the bag. I stated it was $95 and it was bought 2016. That was in March. Today, May 16th I just received and email for a virtual card for $38. They claim depreciation. Am I wrong but isn't a suitcase an item you either use or don't use. I don't think you trade it in for new ones like cars. And 60 dollars less than what I paid for it.
RouteChicago Midway to Destin Fort Walton
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Very unprofessional behavior"

Trip Verified | Very poor staff at the checkin. She was on the edge while getting the boarding pass, we had to pay 10$ extra as we didn't check-in online, then once done paying she proceeded to throw the checked bag on the conveyor and just stood there. Very unprofessional behavior
RouteSyracuse to Orlando

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Phoenix to Tri-Cities. I have been trying to contact anyone at Allegiant by phone and chat for the past 3 days. Their policy to change or cancel flights was updated for covid so it is only $25 but it has to be 7 days prior to the flight. We tested positive for covid 4 days before our flight. The only options were to cancel and lose our entire purchase amount or reschedule for some future trip we don't have plans for (only $20 off each ticket after fees anyways). We responsibly did not go to the airport and get on the plane where we could have infected other people, but it almost seemed like that was encouraged by Allegiant since there were no viable options to cancel without completely losing our money. Waited on hold for hours each day just to be disconnected. Terrible customer service and Covid policy, 24 hours I could understand but a lot can happen within 7 days.
RoutePhoenix to Tri-Cities
Date FlownMay 2022

"The airline stranded 7 people with no way home"

Trip Verified | 6 days before our spring break trip, our flight home from Sarasota on 4/9/22 was cancelled by Allegiant. Since we could not get through to Allegiant's customer service department, we sent an email requesting a 1/2 refund so that we could book another flight home. With no notification, Allegiant cancelled our entire trip, including the flight to Sarasota. When we rebooked the same flight they charged us an additional $500 for the same flight we had booked since October 2021. There was no one for us to talk to on the customer service line (waited on hold 6+ hours once), no one available to chat with on-line and no one available to help us at the airport. After 4 separate trips to the airport, we finally found an Allegiant manager who then informed us that he could offer us no help. The airline stranded 7 people with no way home during spring break week and offered no assistance. We had to find another airline (Delta) and paid $1000 more for a flight from Tampa, just to get home because Allegiant offered no other options. We have read on-line that they have offered $100 cash vouchers per passenger for their inconvenience. But when we finally got through on their customer service line today, their service representative, refused to allow us to speak with a manager and then hung up on us.
RouteGrand Rapids to Sarasota
Date FlownApril 2022

"Super upsetting and really badly organized by this airline!"

Not Verified | After speaking with 3 different representatives from the airlines regarding my Service dog, without them mentioning the need to submit the form 48hrs prior to departure, I showed up to the airport, with all the required forms and they then refused my registered service-dog. The H.R. department of Allegiant Air in Cincinnati were the department that denied entry, don’t really know why they had the final say-so? One of the representatives showed the one and only place obscurely placed notice where it stated 48hrs notice. You would think it would be more prominently posted as well as mentioned by the 3 different representatives I spoke with. Super upsetting and really badly organized by this airline! Last time I’ll book with them!
RouteCincinnati to Charleston SC