Allegiant Air

"we ending up getting a sauna"

Not Verified | Flight 2246 from Orlando to San Antonio, everything was ok and the flight was on time. The punishment started after they closed the door at 3.00 pm. The flight supposes to be for 3.12 pm. We was happy for going before the real departing time. We noticed the was no air conditioner running in the cabin. After they close the door the situations turned from bad to worst in a matter of minutes. My wife have a High Blood Pressure, I have to raise my voice to the flight attendant, he said "all going to be OK, after we are moving on the runaway" he was wrong dead, we move for minutes and stop again. The situation was boiling and everybody was complaining, finally some one notified the passengers that this flight will we delayed, no one say for how long. After been in this "sauna" for over a hour and half, finally this flight 2246 starting the runaway, but the air conditioner never came. From 530 pm, east time to the arrival in San Antonio there was not air at all. Many time we has flight with Allegiant Air, some time we have one or two delayed but never ever something like this. What is bother me is the miscommunication with the the passengers. Also the noise inside the cabin was so loud that we don't heard the instruction coming from the pilot. We paid for a flight and we ending up getting a "sauna" and the chamber of horror, we paid to get a comfortable flight and we ending getting a nightmare. I was there and many "sauna passenger" was saying "this is the last time we will flight with Allegiant". If the company do the thing the correct way I, am the first to complimented, but in this time I raise my voice to complaint, this is wrong and do not reflect the real value and the standards of this company.
RouteOrlando to San Antonio

"have zero compassion"

Not Verified | Orlando to Syracuse. Was meant to fly with Allegiant on Thursday but had to cancel my trip due to a family bereavement. Now most airlines and travel companies offer refunds for bereavements with an upload of death certificate. Not Allegiant. Upon closer inspection in there terms and conditions they do not offer refunds for bereavements to 'keep fares low'. Allegiant: At least have the courtesy to amend your terms and conditions to speak the truth and say 'we do not offer refunds on bereavements because we as a company have zero compassion and don't view flexibility for the bereaved as a decent thing to do. As a business we feel that maintaining our status as a budget airline is way more important than being decent human beings"
RouteOrlando to Syracuse

"I’m shocked right now"

Trip Verified | Des Moines to Las Vegas. I’m shocked right now. I feel like I should decompress and take a few days before writing a review but the threatening behavior and jokes made are far too unprofessional to not write about, immediately. I hope this review discourages people from flying with Allegiant Air. After the 4th person near me complained about the flight attendant, I figured screw it - she may be having a bad day or something because she was being so rude and short with customers, but I must file a complaint. I travel for a living and I’ve never experienced such obnoxious service. Well, anyway, I didn’t want to be confrontational so I asked her co-worker for her name. He flipped out on me. I went from filing a complaint to feeling like I was about to have to defend myself. The guy clearly works out with his physical shape so I’m assuming he had maybe, a steroid rage moment - but the conversation ended with him leaning toward my face in an aggressive manner saying “what, are you gunna do - you some kind of tough guy - I’ll make it so you never fly this airline again!” I simply responded with “Don’t worry, I will never fly this airline again.” Then he literally started to lip talking insults to me from 2 rows away. I was sitting in 4D so I was near the front where he was sitting. He was egging me on as if to provoke a fight. Just crazy. So unprofessional.
RouteDes Moines to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will be cancelled or delayed"

Trip Verified | Cincinnati to Jacksonville. Don't have set plans, as your flight will be cancelled or delayed. This airline is such a joke. Everyone I know has had problems. So, yeah, take a different airline.
RouteCincinnati to Jacksonville
Date FlownOctober 2018

"definitely fly Allegiant again"

Not Verified | Richmond to Nashville. We flew out of RIC on Monday Sept 24, 2018. We were 45 mins late leaving, arrived 45 mins late in Nashville. This was not a big problem for us. We had read many bad reviews, so 45 mins late was ok. The crew were fine and courteous. The flight back to RIC on Friday, Sept 28, 2018 was fantastic. Left on time, arrived on time. Crew was again nice and courteous. I would definitely fly Allegiant again. I think some of the problems on the ground that people complain about are related to not having enough employees to work at the ticket counter, etc. But, that's also how they keep prices down. We were so happy that we had a good experience.
RouteRichmond to Nashville

"policies extremely deceptive"

Trip Verified | Allegiant Air travel insurance and cancellation policies are extremely deceptive. You purchase these so changes or cancellations can be made without additional fees, right? But they don't inform you of the additional charges for cancellations. And that if you do it online you get a fee for that too. And they are a no refund company as well. So just kiss your money goodbye. We just won't go to how rude customer service is. So rude, would not let me speak, kept speaking over me.
RouteMyrtle Beach to Nashville

"Do not use Allegiant"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Myrtle Beach. I booked my flight in July not knowing that a catastrophic hurricane would hit the week before I fly. I called them to cancel letting them know I would not be able to even get out of the airport to go visit family in Lumberton NC because all the roads were either flooded or caving in. They showed no sympathy and said basically I’m outta luck and gave me a small credit for a future flight. So if this was my first flight with them what makes them think I would use them again. Do not use Allegiant Air.
RouteNashville to Myrtle Beach

"would not reimburse me"

Trip Verified | Myrtle Beach to New York. I live in Wilmington, NC and we were just hit by a catastrophic hurricane. All the roads are flooded and trees are down everywhere. I called Allegiant and Spirit Airlines as I will not be able to travel (my home was ruined by the storm) and all the roads out of town are flooded. Spirit understood that this is a natural disaster and reimbursed me the full amount of my flight. Allegiant would not reimburse me, they told me that they are not a company who reimburses. They would only give me a small credit for a future flight, not the actual price I paid ($160). I think this is a true reflection of the company. The customer service was horrible (waited over 30 minutes for a representative) and both the employee and their manager were extremely condescending.
RouteMyrtle Beach to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight experience was awesome"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Eugene. This was my first time flying Allegiant, using them for the cheapest fare for a trip to Oregon from Sept 7-10 for our family of 4. I didn't think to look at reviews until the day before our departure and I was horrified by what I read. But I prayed hard and remained hopeful and our flight experience was awesome! On time departures on both ends. On time arrival on the front end and early arrival on the back end. First plane must have been new-so clean that it sparkled, no dust or grime or scratches or anything! The plane on our return wasn't as immaculate but I would still consider it clean. Flight attendants friendly and I appreciated their diversity in age, look, size, etc. I chose to save money by not selecting seats in advance because I knew that our kids wouldn't be seated alone. It worked out great that my husband was seated near the kids and I got a break by sitting across the aisle or, even better, two rows behind on the flight back! I thought the seats were the most comfortable I've ever experienced, and I've been flying for almost 50 years, both domestic and internationally. I must admit that I'm 5'2", not overweight, and prefer firm straight-back chairs which probably doesn't characterize most folks, but I loved the seating. There was enough wiggle room in the seat and in front for legs/feet. The guy next to me stretched his arms behind his head and there was enough room that I didn't get elbowed in the temple. The center aisle felt really spacious to me which is funny because I know it's not that wide but there was enough room to walk with bags and not bang into armrests or passengers knees. Customer service before the flight was totally lacking. Tried calling in July and no one ever answered. Emailed instead on July 20 and got a reply 3 weeks later on Aug 8 which said my concern about rental car timing was handled, only to find out the day before our trip that it wasn't fixed. Luckily, someone answered the customer service phone that day I called after 40min of wait time, and I got great service for that issue. Overall, I was pleased flying Allegiant and would use them again.
RouteLos Angeles to Eugene
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"forced to buy the seats"

Not Verified | Phoenix to Great falls. I fly Allegiant air quite frequently and am always disgusted by their flight attendants and staff. However, today I am beyond over them. I brought my liquids in the exact amount that is allowed on the plane from Phoenix to Montana there were absolutely no issues with the liquids. However today on the way back it is now against their policy. So I had to throw away over a $100 worth of soap, shampoo, conditioner, and other things you need on vacation. This is not my only issue they are always rude, absolutely nothing is free and everything is over priced. They talk to everyone like they are children and refuse to allow anyone switch seats because and I quote "the plane has been weight calculated based on everyone sitting in their assigned seat." I had to pay an extra $47 today in order for the three of us to sit next to each other! We bought our tickets together and we are traveling with my son. There is no reason that we should have to pay extra in order for us to sit next to each other! Good luck trying to switch seats. So you are forced to buy the seats. Cheap is proving to not be worth the constant headache.
RoutePhoenix to Great falls