Allegiant Air

"2 delays then a cancellation"

Trip Verified | This airline blows. 2 delays then a cancellation. Had two rent a car drive 2.5 hours to another airport, purchased another ticket and that flight was delayed. Was supposed to be in Vegas at 7PM, ended up not getting in till 2am. Return flight was also delayed.
RouteMedford to Las Vegas

"So done with Allegiant"

Not Verified | So done with Allegiant. They cancel your flights and give you vouchers, so you cannot schedule your own life. I used the vouchers for family members, but needed to make a change to the car reservation - have been on hold for 2 hours and 18 minutes. And be very careful of their car rentals - it appears that they are a bit less expensive but the fine print says there are no taxes or fees collected from them. So really they turned out to be more expensive than other sites. I so hope they don't cancel these next flights for my family, because if they do then I will be stuck with more vouchers. My husband has encouraged me to ignore them until they just expire. I guess that is the best course of action.
Date FlownAugust 2021

"won't travel on this airline anymore"

Trip Verified | We bought 5 tickets to travel on October 14. Two or three weeks later we received an email that the flights had been cancelled. We contacted the airline and they did not tell us a reason why they canceled our flights. Something like this had never happened to us before. We won't travel on this airline anymore.
RouteAustin to Indianapolis

"Disappointing customer service"

Not Verified | Disappointing customer service. Flight was fine, travel was fine. Returned on an early evening flight and my luggage had been damaged. The handle had been damaged and I couldn't pull it up to use it. Stopped a nice man in the airport to try for me. Wasn't sure of the process to report it so I got online as soon as I got home and sent in a complaint within 8 hours. No response for weeks, sent another, no response. Left a message. Finally got a response telling me I didn't file my complaint timely because they had the recorded complaint down in June (my third attempt to contact them). Sad what has happened with customer service.
RouteIndianapolis to Fort Walton Beach
Date FlownApril 2022

"First and Last"

Trip Verified | First and Last. Refused to check me in more then 2 hours prior to flight, despite emailing me and telling me that I needed to check in 3 hours prior to my flight to clear security on time. So I sat in a terminal for almost 2 hours before they staffed the counter again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Cincinnati
Date FlownJune 2022

"Obviously a staffing shortage"

Not Verified | Sanford to Flint. The flight was fine and on time, however when we landed in Flint it took 1 hour and 30-50 minutes to get our bags. No one was at the ticketing area to address our concerns and questions. In fact, no one was at ticketing to help customers arriving for a future flight. I was told by local personnel working at the airport that Allegiant hires young and inexperienced people who do not know how to manage others. Obviously there is also a staffing shortage at Flint airport.
RouteSanford to Flint
Date FlownJune 2022

"Never again will I fly Allegiant Air"

Not Verified | Allegiant cancelled flight while waiting in line at the airport. No notice, no assistance with rescheduling, no full refund. Only option offered was a Flight 3 days later. Or a 1/2 refund because we could fly out on a flight 2 hours away with Allegiant. Let me add there was no guarantee that either flight would leave as scheduled. Never again will I fly Allegiant Air.
RouteTampa to Little Rock
Date FlownJune 2022

"it was the most miserable experience I have had"

Not Verified | First of all it was my first time ever flying, absolutely no one around to help guide you or offer any assistance. Took me an hour and a half to make it in the building only to wait in line. Get pulled from line for last call to Bozeman Montana just to check in and told I have to pay $200 more right now or I can move it to Thursday. When I said let's move it to Thursday they then said I had to pay all over again. So they just made $400+ for free. I didn't have the money to pay. So now stuck in Vegas and my phone dies. Not even a half hour after all this I'm trying to figure it all out when a security guard approached me asking for proof of a ticket and since it's on my phone I couldn't show him. He tells me to leave the airport. I'm outside trying to figure it out when an hour later I decide to go to the other side and see who could help. When entering the building I'm being paged over intercom which you couldn't hear outside to pick up phone and dial 0. So I do and my daughter bought me a new ticket. Had to find charger to get proof. Once I do ticket is for thee next day and I had nowhere to go. I was not refunded a penny and it was the most miserable experience I have had in my 40 years of life I will never ever recommend this airline or airport for any reason. I would rather travel by buss than to ever deal with the rudeness of this airport and airline ever again.
RouteLas Vegas to Great Falls
Date FlownJune 2022

"Just the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Just the worst experience. They cancelled the flight per email. Could not reach them by phone. Had to re-arrange everything by myself. No empathy. Would never try and fly with them again.
RouteFargo to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2022

"Will never use this airline again"

Not Verified | The worst airline ever. If something goes wrong with baggage or flight (delay or cancellation) be prepared to figure it out yourself because this airline has no credible, willing employees who can assist you. The telephonic customer service is non-existent. I was on hold for 4 hours after flight was cancelled--and no one ever answered the phone. Had to make hotel, transport and flight reservations back home on another airline by myself and I also absorbed all the extra cost of doing that. Allegiant refused to pay. Will never use this airline again.
RouteRaleigh to Punta Gorda