Allegiant Air

"Fantastic airline"

Not Verified | Flew Mesa, AZ to Missouri. Fantastic airline! Very clean and the plane was roomy. I highly recommend Allegiant Air to friends and family! Easy check in and the lines move fast. Very professional personnel.
RouteMesa, AZ to Missouri
Date FlownOctober 2018

"copy of their birth certificate"

Trip Verified | I love Allegiant's price, but when it comes to flying with children it is the worst. If you are flying with a child that is 2 or under on your lap you have to have a hard copy of their birth certificate which I think is the dumbest thing. If you don’t have one then they will make you buy a ticket for that child or you can’t fly. With all other airlines you just need a picture which makes my life a whole lot easier and less stressful, plus I don’t want to fly with my child’s hard copy because it could get damaged or even lost.
RouteMesa to Ogden
Date FlownNovember 2018

"so disappointed with Allegiant Air"

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed in Allegiant Air. I find that they are very greedy in wanting to charge every little thing. My husband and I are traveling to Arizona for a little vacation and booked our flights weeks ahead of time. There are plenty of seats left on the plane. I have never had this ever happen to me when we book together. We don’t care if we sit up front or in the back. Usually when you book together, you get seated together. Unless, it’s a full flight then I understand why seats are needed to be bought. Needless to say, it is not a full flight. We are traveling with an infant and of course they see that and had to split us up knowing we would have to pay to sit together. Like I said, never had this ever happen to us with any airline. There were plenty of open seats left when we called and they said it was a 50/50 chance. Well what are the odds of them splitting a family. All they said was if we put the infant with one adult. Well no duh. Of course our son had to be with one adult. I can’t inagine why they would split him up too. And he was a lap seat. So he wouldn’t be needing to split up. Allegiant Air customer service was not helpful or great but of course we had to pay to get our seat changed knowing there’s other seats available. It’s definitely a tactic strategy that they had to do to charge for every little thing. Other airlines would have never had this happen. I am so disappointed with Allegiant Air. Will never fly with them again.
RouteFargo to Arizona
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Little Rock. Worst experience ever. All passengers had to deplane due to “paperwork” screw up. Flight was several hours late. Had to sit on the new plane for an hour on the runway after having to change gates. It was mass confusion and they didnt know what was going on.
RouteOrlando to Little Rock
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never fly Allegiant again"

Trip Verified | I was on flight 2138 yesterday with "nonstop service" from Orlando Sanford to Concord NC. Our flight was initially delayed for "mechanical issues". We boarded, were then deplaned (still in Sanford) and loaded up onto another plane. When we descended into Concord, our pilot had to pull up abruptly two times because of missed approaches. This scared many people on the plane, but that's not the worst part. Many people on the plane had family members on the ground who were waiting for their arrival. We were told since our pilot couldn't land us, Allegiant instructed him to return to Sanford. Everyone was disappointed by that decision, considering there were dozens of closer airports to divert to. On our way back to Sanford, we were told we would stop in Savannah to refuel. While we were stretching our legs on the jet bridge, we were told we would attempt Concord again. A few moments later, we were told the jetbridge hit the door of the plane and we would be grounded until further notice. Remember those people sitting at the airport in Concord waiting for their loved ones? At this point, most of them finally had a chance to talk to their loved ones. While they were at the airport, Allegiant refused to give them any answers about what happened to the plane and why it didn't land. They hid from the terrified people who wondered why their loved ones' plane didn't land. When I finally called my mother from Savannah, she was hysterically crying and told me that her and three other people stood outside in the 46 degree rain to watch for the plane at the fence, when Allegiant couldn't give them any answers as to where it was. Was Allegiant scared to hint that their pilot was incompetent because other planes were landing safely at that time? Whatever it is, it's not fair what they put the people on the ground through yesterday. My flight was supposed to arrive at 2:29 PM and finally got in around 12:30 midnight. 10 hours late. The flight attendants did their best to accommodate passengers, however we were told we were only allowed one free snack and drink & the FA's were too flustered to accept payments. Many people missed lunch and dinner during this ordeal, including children, and the least Allegiant could do is offer up snacks to these people who were unable to eat meals. One flight attendant stood out from the rest and we could really tell she had the best intentions for everyone on that plane. She did the best she could to keep everyone comfortable, while still trying to follow Allegiant's stingy orders. All in all, this was my first flight experience with Allegiant. As a fairly frequent flyer with other airlines, I opted for Allegiant because the airport is small, convenient and only 5 minutes from my house. I understand that mechanical problems happen. I even get that the pilot didn't feel comfortable with landing the plane (maybe he needs to be trained better). What I can't forgive is the terrible communication from Allegiant to our loved ones on the ground and the bad call to "send us back to Sanford", where I'm sure you would have deplaned us & cancelled the flight, leaving us stranded. I literally could have driven from Orlando to Concord NC faster and made it there safer than I felt on your plane. Please use this as a learning opportunity because there were many people on our flight who swore to never fly Allegiant again.
RouteSanford to Concord

"Absolutely the worst"

Not Verified | Orlando to Grand Rapids. Absolutely the worst. Lost one of our bags. No one from Allegiant was available anywhere to help us. The only representatives would be at the ticket counter and they are only there when checking in a departing flight. Calls to baggage customer service went to voicemail and their mailbox is full! Wait times for general customer service were 15+ minutes and we're futile. Absolutely no solutions! Airport guest services tried to get in touch with them, but basically gave the impression that this is a common occurrence with them. I don't understand how a company can operate this way.
RouteOrlando to Grand Rapids

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Bellingham to Las Vegas. The worst customer service ever. Cancelled the flight, even though other Allegiant flight took off. Refused to put us on that flight because they were not able to print the tickets. No apology, the supervisor didn't even show up. Gave a food voucher for $8. Don't take a chance to ruin your vacation.
RouteBellingham to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2018

"didn’t care and were not helpful"

Trip Verified | I bought 2 tickets from Austin to Destin along with a rental car. The flight was fine, but when we went to get our car that we had already paid for, they could not do it because we did not have a major credit card for the car to be rented. I asked the person I was with if we could put it under their MasterCard so It would be no big deal, but the car rental company would not let us. I called Allegiant and asked if they could switch the name on the reservation to the name on the credit card and they said no. There was nothing more to it, other than I had to eat the money I had already paid for a rental car on the reservation. They didn’t care and were not helpful that they had left me stranded at an airport. I’d pay the extra money for an airline that actually cares about its customers.
RouteAustin to Destin

Allegiant Air customer review

Trip Verified | Fresno to Las Vegas. Charged me $200 for a carry on bag, not check bag, carry on! Absolutely ridiculous. After my trip I called Allegiant Air and they were rude and did not help me at all. They do have cheap flights but they make up for it in the baggage fees and on flight beverages. The only flight I know of that will charge for a glass of water. I will never fly Allegiant again!
RouteFresno to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2018

"we ending up getting a sauna"

Not Verified | Flight 2246 from Orlando to San Antonio, everything was ok and the flight was on time. The punishment started after they closed the door at 3.00 pm. The flight supposes to be for 3.12 pm. We was happy for going before the real departing time. We noticed the was no air conditioner running in the cabin. After they close the door the situations turned from bad to worst in a matter of minutes. My wife have a High Blood Pressure, I have to raise my voice to the flight attendant, he said "all going to be OK, after we are moving on the runaway" he was wrong dead, we move for minutes and stop again. The situation was boiling and everybody was complaining, finally some one notified the passengers that this flight will we delayed, no one say for how long. After been in this "sauna" for over a hour and half, finally this flight 2246 starting the runaway, but the air conditioner never came. From 530 pm, east time to the arrival in San Antonio there was not air at all. Many time we has flight with Allegiant Air, some time we have one or two delayed but never ever something like this. What is bother me is the miscommunication with the the passengers. Also the noise inside the cabin was so loud that we don't heard the instruction coming from the pilot. We paid for a flight and we ending up getting a "sauna" and the chamber of horror, we paid to get a comfortable flight and we ending getting a nightmare. I was there and many "sauna passenger" was saying "this is the last time we will flight with Allegiant". If the company do the thing the correct way I, am the first to complimented, but in this time I raise my voice to complaint, this is wrong and do not reflect the real value and the standards of this company.
RouteOrlando to San Antonio