Allegiant Air

"I will never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | My experience flying with Allegiant is my first and last. The ticket agent who checked our bag for the flight down was incredibly rude and tried to bully us into paying 50 for my carry on saying it wouldn’t fit under the seat and threatened it would be 80 at the gate. My bag was smaller than many on the plane. Ended up being fine but she added a lot of stress and irritation to the flight down. Also their bag weight is 10 lbs less than almost every other airline in an effort to squeeze more money out of the passengers who are already flying this airline due to limited funds. On the flight home over thanksgiving weekend we arrived 3 hrs before boarding to reduce stress and ensure no issues getting on the flight. We waited in line for 30 minutes only to be told they would not take our bags until 2 hrs prior to check in. All other airlines are 4 hrs. I was uncomfortable with this and asked about the long line at security as well as boarding being so early and doors being closed 10 minutes before departure on way down. She said you can do priority bag check and the lines at security shouldn’t be that bad. So I am currently stuck outside security with no seats, no food or drinks and stressing out as I watch the security line hoping we can rush through in time to catch our flight. We certainly won’t have any time for dinner before our 8 pm flight so maybe it’s another way to make us spend money on the plane? Not sure but I am certain I will never fly this airline again.
RouteFt lauderdale to Grand Rapids
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I’ll never use this airline again"

Not Verified | 50 degrees and partly cloudy is all it takes to stop a 17 year old minor from flying after being charged 50 bucks for a single carry on that cannot be refunded directly. They can take your payment directly but not issue a refund for a service that was never used. I’ll never use this airline again.
RouteOrlando to Lexington
Date FlownNovember 2022

"This company is really going downhill"

Trip Verified | They are seriously going downhill. Bought a ticket for my deaf/disabled son from Flint, MI to Nashville, TN. He had to get a ride to the airport that was over an hour away and was notified that his flight was canceled until after he arrived there. He wasn't given a reason for the cancelation. He tried to communicate with the desk representative and could not understand them. They did not have/were not prepared to deal with a deaf person. My son started to panic and contacted us because he did not know what to do. We had to get him a ride back to Lawrence Technical College and are still trying to figure out how to get him home. I guess the $200 they refunded us is supposed to take care of this mess. I've emailed them and I'm now on hold with them for over an hour. This company is really going downhill. I checked the weather at both airports and it's clear. Haven't been given a reason as to why it was canceled. If they can't provide the service then they shouldn't be selling tickets. And if they are supposed to meet ADA requirements then they should be prepared to have an interpreter on hand to communicate with them. I'll be contacting the ADA to file a complaint.
RouteAllentown, PA to Flint, MI via Nashville, TN
Date FlownAugust 2022

"They do not care about customer service"

Trip Verified | My husband's flight from Phoenix/Mesa to Idaho Falls was scheduled to leave at 8.30 am. With no explanation, no warning and seemingly no care, it was moved to 2.30 pm. He found out when he was dropped off at the airport. I know you get what you pay for, but even then, Allegiant isn't worth the price. They do not care about customer service or, quite frankly, their customers at all.
RouteIdaho Falls to Phoenix/Mesa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"first impression with a new customer has been an epic failure"

Not Verified | Allegiant first impression with a new customer has been an epic failure. I get a text message and email my flight was canceled within 2 weeks of my holiday travel. How so unkind of a carrier and service. Never again will I book with this discount airline. I should have stuck with Frontier, way way better discount carrier. As I read other reviews I'm not the only one experiencing such thing, if it keeps up I'm sure this airline won't last long.
RouteJohn Wayne to Mesa Phoenix
Date FlownNovember 2022

"my seat was changed to 36D"

Not Verified | I paid an extra $29 so that I could select my seat (6D). Just as I was boarding, my seat was changed to 36D. I was both embarrassed and frustrated as to why this happened. I pay extra for a seat in the front of the plane for a reason. I contacted Allegiant, explained what happened, and expected a refund or credit of $29. Their response was that they would check into it and have heard nothing since.
RouteSioux Falls to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Very disappointed in this airline"

Not Verified | Traveling home and canceled flights and couldn't rebook for a whole week, had my children with and left us high. Very disappointed in this airline, shame on you for leaving not only me but other customers in a bind and make other arrangements. Had to get a car rental which was way more then my ticket!
RouteLas Vegas to Grand Forks

"staff was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Allegiant staff was exceptional. They were kind, efficient, and very friendly. Hadn't flown for 25 years and they made it enjoyable. Would fly Allegiant again.
RoutePittsburgh to St. Petersburg
Date FlownOctober 2022

"messed up our trip plans"

Trip Verified | The vehicle the pushes the plain back broke a part. Therefore, due to some paper issue that the Allegiants Air Staff did not have readily available, we were 1 hour 10 minutes late leaving. This long delay was unnecessary and really messed up our trip plans.
RouteFlint to Nashville

"better than I expected"

Trip Verified | I flew from Austin to Orange County CA via Allegiant and had a seamless experience. After reading all the bad reviews, I was nervous, but it turns out, I was one of the lucky ones. My flight had a departure time of 1:50pm and the gate was in the south terminal, away from the main Austin terminal (about a 12 min drive to the other side). My flight started boarding at 1:05. TSA was easy to get through, although they do not have a separate line for TSA Precheck. After walking up the aircraft, I was surprised to see a spacious walking aisle and more legroom than I was expecting. The seats are stiff and do not recline, but you have lots of room for your legs in standard economy. I had a middle seat and was fine. Definitely bring your own entertainment as there is no Wi-Fi or movies available on board. Also, bring snacks and a refillable water bottle filled from the airport. For a $120 last minute ticket, this was better than I expected. We left and landed at the exact time listed. I would recommend.
RouteAustin to Orange County