Alitalia

"not fly Alitalia again"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Istanbul via Rome. Check in was appalling. A customer service staff was so rude that a colleague of his came to my assistance. I could not remove my old airline tag from my check in luggage,& his reply was that it was my problem,& wouldn’t even help me, after asking him several times, & informing him that I couldn’t remove it. He refused to check in my luggage & then his colleague ignored him & helped out. I will not fly Alitalia again.
RouteBarcelona to Istanbul via Rome
Date FlownMay 2019

"the rudest staff"

Not Verified | Montenegro to Cairo via Rome. Worst airline I've ever taken and the rudest staff on and off the plane. I heard so many bad things about Alitalia before but never thought it would be this bad. After a 6 hour delay, they didn't even bother to do anything about it, no one cares. My grandma needs to be on a wheelchair and there was no assistance what so ever, in fact, after they got her a wheelchair they left her at the rome airport at a random gate without even checking where she wanted to go and they took the wheelchair away from her after we explained she couldnt move without it! They were extremely rude and impolite, and couldn't care less. Not recommended even if it is the cheapest flight available, you will be frustrated the whole time, it's not worth it at all. Huge disappointment, never flying Alitalia again.
RouteMontenegro to Cairo via Rome
Date FlownMay 2019

"Crew was extremely rude"

Trip Verified | I took this flight from London to Delhi via Rome. Airline did not give any information about the terminal and the gate for the connection from Rome. Crew was extremely rude. Flight was delayed by 2 hours because of detour it had to take. Captain/crew did not provide any information on the delay. There was delay in baggage arrival and it was mixed with other airlines luggage. Ground staff had no information on delay.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Rome
Date FlownMarch 2019

"kicked us to economy without any explanation"

Not Verified | Boston to Rome (Fiumicino) with Alitalia. We paid for a premium economy seat and just 72 hours before the flight they changed the plane and kicked us to economy without any explanation. They were rude when we tried to call them and offered no help when we were very confused. When we got to the airport the checkin staff were extremely rude and just wanted us to go away. I kid you not the was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on. The crew only wanted to serve you on their schedule and woke me up to "Chicken or Beef?" I never received an explanation why we were kicked out but we were partially refunded.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBoston to Rome (Fiumicino)
Date FlownApril 2019

"worst flight I have had"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Rome to Athens. This must be the worst flight I have ever had. One of the most uncomfortable planes I have ever been on. Rude air hostesses which where talking down to passengers and giggling all through the flight at the back of the plane. I am surprised they are still allowed to fly with such service and state of aircraft. Only positive in the whole trip was the ground staff service at transfer desk.
RouteRome to Athens
Date FlownApril 2019

"after sales is terrible"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Rome via Milan. I had no problem during the flight, but the after sales is terrible. I sent an email asking to transfer the miles to a Alitalia's partner air company and since January I got no reply from them. I tried to call Brazilian branch but they said I should send an e-mail to Alitalia and wait a reply. Now my time to request the miles has expired and I just lost it because Alitalia did not reply any of the e-mails.
RouteSao Paulo to Rome via Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"said our bags were too big"

Trip Verified | Rome to Athens. We took an early morning flight to save money, only brought one suitcase that met all the requirements online. Upon arrival, they said our bags were too big (they were soft so they fit in the box but they measured it using a weird machine that didn’t compact it) and charged us 90€, more than we paid for our miserable early morning tickets. We’ve never had a problem with these suitcases meeting dimensions, we’ve flown over 20 times with them on airlines with the same requirements. We’re now not going to be able to do much at our destination because they made us pay such an insane additional amount.
RouteRome to Athens
Date FlownApril 2019

"never fly Alitalia again"

Not Verified | We booked two tickets from Munich to Rome via the Alitalia Homepage and got a direct confirmation. At the airport, we were informed by very unfriendly and slow staff that we would not be on the passenger list and Alitalia cannot transport us with the booked flight and we shall buy another ticket in an Alitalia flight 6 hrs later. The staff denied to provide contact to her boss and did not give her name. We had to book another one-way-flight on the same day with another company, spend 380€ extra. When arriving in Rome, we again contacted a service staff. She was much more friendly and informed us that Alitalia had some software problems resulting in bookings via the internet not being correctly processed internally. She promised that our costs will be reimbursed. We then contacted Alitalia to get our reimbursement. Unfortunately, although we spent much time to precisely indicate all circumstances and additional costs, Alitalia only reimbursed the 254€ for the original ticket but did not reimburse the additional costs of 380€ for the extra flight to Rome (and we had to pay another 250€ for the flight back from Rome). Furthermore, and most disappointing, Alitalia did neither give an explanation nor an excuse. We will never fly Alitalia again!
RouteMunich to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2019

"lost our luggage"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Rome. The agent made us check the weight of every single bag we had, even hand bags, we consolidated and reconsolidated, checked 3 bags and paid the extra costs for the bags and still Alitalia lost our luggage. Worst customer service, they could care less that your luggage is lost and do nothing to even try to help. How does no one know where my luggage is and why are the customer service agents so horribly trained.
RouteBarcelona to Rome
Date FlownApril 2019

"looked like they would rather have been elsewhere"

Trip Verified | This was my second time flying with Alitalia to Johannesburg and I have to say that the first time was better than this. The aircraft were all clean and the crew from LHR to FCO were pleasant enough. However the all male crew to Johannesburg, although not rude, tried very hard not to interact with the passengers. I saw one flight attendant smile the whole flight. It is sad that the crew all looked like they would rather have been elsewhere. During the night there was not a sign of them and compared to other airlines that really lets them down.
AircraftA330-200