airBaltic

"Water should be minimum"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | This flight was a part of ticket sold by KLM and it was operating from Amsterdam to Tallin by airBaltic. Ground staff was very friendly and helpful. I've got a good place in the plane and we take off on time. However service on board was only paid which is unacceptable and low-cost airline. In my opinion airline shouldn't refuse you at least glass of water to avoid dehydrate. Water should be minimum. However me and my luggage got on place on time, so the goal has been achieved.
RouteAmsterdam to Tallinn
Date FlownDecember 2018

"upset with the attitude"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Paris via Riga. I am very upset with the attitude of the airline. I missed my flight because of a huge queue at the control. The woman who was supposed to help passengers was just standing there announcing that “gate closes in 4 min”. When i approached her to help me skip the line she was rude and said that it is not her job and continued announcing that the gate closes in 2 min. Finally I came to the gate when it was already closed. The next flight I was offered is leaving in 10 hours. I didn’t even get a hotel and have to stay for 10 hours in the airport with two 5 eur vouchers for meal
RouteMoscow to Paris via Riga
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"must do check in online"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Moscow via Riga. Barcelona-Riga I was charged 30EUR extra to do check-in. Apparently, I must do check in online with extra charge of 8EUR. In the airport they did not accept to do 2 payments of 15EUR with my card neither, they sent me to pay by cash and they did not care that I did not have cash with me. It was my first time with this company, never again!
RouteBarcelona to Moscow via Riga
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cabin service extremely poor"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Riga. Comfortable plane and excellent take off and landing. But, cabin service was extremely poor - attendants simply failed to offer any food or beverage. Could not understand announcements in English. And airbaltic is the first airline I’ve ever known not to offer free water to customers. Absolutely shocking.
AircraftAirbus
RouteGatwick to Riga
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"commend this company"

Trip Verified | I flew from Zurich to Riga with an A220, the flight was slightly delayed due to other aircraft. The airplane was clean and the cabin staff very helpful and friendly, unfortunately no internet access on the flight. I commend this company, which is developing.
RouteZurich to Riga

"efficiency and punctuality"

Trip Verified | A 50-minute flight from Riga to Tallinn on a Dash 8 bombardier, plane in excellent condition as well as the comfort of the seats. The staff during the flight was a bit absent, moreover I recommend this company for its efficiency and punctuality.
AircraftBombardier Dash 8
RouteRiga to Tallinn

"it wasn't that bad"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | St. Petersburg to Prague via Riga, it wasn't that bad after all. No cabin baggage weighing or measuring as mentioned in some reviews, there was nice staff greeting us on board and the plane was clean. IFE consisted only from the in-flight magazine, but it was pretty thick, enough reading for two hours flight. No food, snacks or water during the flight, but you know that before taking the flight as the company's strategy is going low-cost.
AircraftDash Q8-400
RouteSt. Petersburg to Prague via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Soviet heritage customer service"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Vilnius via Riga. Terrible customer service. We was denied our flight to Riga from Vilnius due to delay of their inbound flight from Gatwick. It was explained that we missed our last flight and should go to collect luggage and go to ticket office for travel re-arrangement. Lady in reception told that air Baltic offer for us can offer only ground transportation to Vilnius airport. When one gentleman asked for flight next day it was told that there is no chances to stay overnight ("no available hotels in Riga that night") and that all flights from Riga to Vilnius on next day are fully booked. Then after doubts how it can be that all flights and hotels are overbooked in Riga she told that probably the is 1 seat, then "maybe 3 seats" in morning flight, but hotel for sure she cannot book, and if we wish we can do it on our own money and then apply to refund of 70 EUR. When we started negotiate ground transfer, story continue very interesting way - it was told that cab cannot bring us to hotel/home address, only to drop off in Vilnius airport. After emotional complains why we need to go by cab to Vilnius airport and then back to city by taxi at 5AM , she firstly told that it is because our destination is Vilnius airport, and we will be delivered right here (even if it is after 4 hour drive and no taxi in Vilnius airport at that time). Then after 5 min of emotional discussion she once again changed her mind and told that OK, we may take taxi in Vilnius airport and then to submit receipt to refund. When we told that this is stupid, that we need to cross all city and then go back, she told that ok ok you may ask transfer driver to drop off in your destinations only if this is on way to airport. No consent was given to sign for us, just she gave voucher to driver, and that's it. Now I have problem with insurance company. I not even mention kindness words used like "sorry for inconvenience", "I will do my best" or any provision of refreshments, etc. When we finally asked surname (name was on card) of receptionist she told that this info she is not obliged to provide.So, all long story short - airBaltic represented as it’s best Soviet heritage of customer service with "Service provider always right" and "No, we can't" attitude. If you want this experience, you may try to travel with this airline. For me enough is enough! I chose airBaltic to London via Riga instead direct flights Vilnius-London with WIZZ and Ryanair because I was expecting more intelligent and kind attitude, and paid for it extra 100 EUR per ticket. How naive I was!
RouteGatwick to Vilnius via Riga
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the worst cabin service"

(Sudan)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Copenhagen via Riga. Airbaltic has the worst cabin service i have ever experienced. Both when flying to Larnaca from Copenhagen via Riga, and home trip, there were small delays, which meant we literally ran to gate to make the flight. And even though both flights are operated by air Baltic instead of a quick apology and a smile they bark orders at you, to hurry and are super unfriendly. Only with airbaltic I have experienced that people are having some difficulty with fitting the cabin luggage into the overhead compartment, and the cabin crew are just standing and eyeballing instead of helping. I could go on. But all in all airbaltic is just disastrous airline, and to make matters worse airport in Riga has also lots of issues. So are you flying with airbaltic through Riga, you are almost guaranteed a disappointment.
RouteLarnaca to Copenhagen via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Avoid this airline if possible."

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Tallinn via Riga. I have travelled three times with this airline on the Tallinn-Riga-Stockholm route. All three times the flight from Tallinn to Riga has been delayed, causing me to miss my flight from Riga to Stockholm. Air Baltic put me on a later flight, but the wait is usually more than 3 hours. When I write to the airline asking for compensation, they always say no. This is in violation of the European Union's Flight Compensation Regulation 261/2004. So I write to the Consumer Agency in Latvia, they take my case and Air Baltic, reluctantly, pays me compensation. This is not a serious airline. Customer service is dismal; and the airline staff is rude and unfriendly. Avoid this airline if possible.
RouteStockholm to Tallinn via Riga