airBaltic

"cabin crew were very kind"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Riga to Athens. This was a night flight. The cabin crew were very kind. We had ordered food which was really good. A bad things was that the cabin crew turned off the cabin light in the middle of the flight. The seats are very comfortable. The little screens that show flight information are very nice.
RouteRiga to Athens
Date FlownApril 2019

"staff were friendly"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Flew from Oslo to London via Riga, my experiences with both flights were great, staff were friendly and spoke good English, as well as Russian, German and of course, Latvian. I recommend flying with this airline.
AircraftQ400 / A220-300
RouteOslo to London via Riga

"were told is too late"

Trip Verified | St Petersburg to Rome via Riga. We just came back recently from long overseas holiday we were longing for years and years. Only one disaster, a huge one! All flights for our holiday were pre-arranged and paid in full to Jetabroad on 8th of June 2018. In St Petersburg, on 1st of July 2019 at 10.00 am we were ready to take AirBaltic to Rome, Italy. We were at airport at 8.00 am. The queue was huge; still we have managed to hand over our suitcases and paid tax at 9.13 Am. The security checks after that were unusually long; I never see in my life anything like that! We were in queues constantly, and when we reached the point to board but were told is too late and told we have to buy new tickets to Rome! In process of buying new tickets to Rome I was told to ask for refund for luggage tax paid previously. But, at the desk they told me: “You can ask for tax refund the latest 30 minutes before departure of particular flight!” Even, now, I am confused. Doesn’t make sense to me at all. So, I didn’t get any money back and I have to pay for the second time luggage tax for the same luggage.
AircraftAirBaltic
RouteSt Petersburg to Rome via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2019

"A truly awful experience"

Trip Verified | Riga to Reykjavik. A truly awful experience. We traveled from United States to London and then took airBaltic from London to Riga. No problems. Baggage was accepted. On the return flight from Riga to Iceland, we were required to pay 120 euros because our carry on bags were 1kg over the weight limit. Yes 1 kg. We told the attendant that it was the same luggage and weight on the way over and we didn't have a penalty. She demanded payment in a very loud and militant voice that we must pay 120 euros. She was awful. Militant is the only word I could use to describe her very rude behavior. Take a different airline is my advice.
AircraftAirbus
RouteRiga to Reykjavik
Date FlownAugust 2019

"forced us to weigh our cabin luggage"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Riga to Vilnius. The ground staff was rude and forced us to weigh our cabin luggage again which had been approved by the origin airport. They said that the luggage was 11 kg and wanted us to pay 60 eur or throw away our personal items due to ‘excess’ weight. When we finally left the place and we looked back, both ground staff women were laughing. Even on the aircraft they are rude and impolite. Their English is very poor. Never fly again with this shameful airline
RouteRiga to Vilnius
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not possible to select a free seat"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Tallinn to Zurich via Riga. A bunch of thieves. I booked a flight and when I had to check in online it was not possible to select a free seat. I had to pay additional. Its like when you book with these guys you dont get a seat with the regular ticket. At least that makes then unique. Never seen anything like it. Not even with any low cost carrier.
RouteTallinn to Zurich via Riga
Date FlownJune 2019

"last flight delayed for 14 hours"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Tbilisi to Oslo via Riga. Horrible airline! Don’t buy any ticket. I have bought 4 flights from airBaltic and all were delayed. My last flight delayed for 14 hours. I bought this flight for 450 euro. Not cheap one. No attention, no accuracy, no respect.
RouteTbilisi to Oslo via Riga
Date FlownJuly 2019

"also weigh your tax free bag"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | I flew with Air Baltic from Riga to Vilnius and got an absolutely ridiculous fine of EUR 60 for 1 kg hand luggage overweight and the rudest service ever! Please be aware that they also weigh your tax free bag which does not make any sense! I will never cfly with them again.
RouteRiga to Vilnius

"Horrible airline"

Not Verified | Horrible airline! Flew with bag from Frankfort to Rīgā. Forced to check the Same bag on the return flight. Will never fly with this airline again. It is run by a bunch of kids.
RouteRiga to Frankfurt

"My Horrific Experience"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Prague via Riga. My Horrific Experience With Air Baltic On 26 June, I, my wife and my 4-year old son were to take an Air Baltic flight from Helsinki to Prague via Riga. The stopover in Riga was to be for about 30 minutes for changing flights. The Helsinki-Riga flight started late by about 15-20 minutes, which meant that the transit time was reduced to 15 minutes. To their credit, the Air Baltic crew at Helsinki and on board told us that the Riga-Prague plane will wait for us. Halfway through the Helsinki-Riga flight, the crew announced that the Riga-Prague plane was to take off from Gate C5 at Riga airport. The flight landed at Riga airport around 5:45 pm. While quickly moving out, we double checked with the air hostess that our Prague flight was to depart from Gate C5, and she confirmed the same. The moment we reached the airport, we scrambled to get to Gate C5 which was nowhere near. After running and panting for about 10-15 minutes with a 4-year old kid, we finally reached Gate C5. However, it was closed and there was no Air Baltic staff there. We thought we must have missed the flight. We then thought of finding the Air Baltic customer care and inquire about the next steps. Just then, I saw that the flight information screen flashed the gate for our Prague flight B6. Shocked, we scrambled again and ran almost a kilometre to reach B6, where an Air Baltic attendant was about to close the gate. Fortunately, we managed to catch the flight at the last minute. We couldn't help thinking how insensitive it was for the airline to run with so much miscommunication with its passengers. The huge inconvenience we faced could have simply been avoided had we been told the right gate on board. For some weird reason, Baltic Airline only allows 20 kg check-in luggage per person, whereas the majority of other airlines in Europe provide a 23 kg limit. Now we had purchased three full tickets, which entitled us to 60 kg in total. We had two check-in pieces of luggage, each weighing slightly over 20 kg, but cumulatively weighing much less than 60 kg. The airline said we will have to pay an additional luggage fee of 50 euros per bag since they were overweight per "per bag" limit. Now I don't know if other airlines to follow the same policy, but it seems purely silly because by packing a little more in two bags, we were saving for the airline the space for one full bag. The plane would have carried 45-46 kgs instead of 60 kgs which we were allowed - so I don't understand what purpose does "per bag" policy serve. In any case, this added to our overall terrible experience with Air Baltic.
RouteHelsinki to Prague via Riga