airBaltic

"60 euros for 3 kilos extra"

Not Verified | Nice to Riga via Tallinn. It's a shame to pay 60 euros for 3 kilos extra, for items I purchased at the duty free. This is not acceptable. airbaltic only care about money. Never again.
RouteNice to Riga via Tallinn
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Quite a nice experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Palanga to Saint Petersburg via Riga. Quite a nice experience. Air baltic provides an awesome connectivity around the baltic states and beyond. Check in, boarding, staff. Choice of planes is quite a pleasure; specially the A220; huge windows, great seat pitch, mood lighting, etc etc. The only downside is pricing. Its certainly not cheap, specially if you need to add check in luggage, meals, seat selection or overweight hand luggage.
AircraftDash8 / A220
RoutePalanga to Saint Petersburg via Riga

"Rip off and scam"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Rip off and scam. Be aware. Warning. This company is a rip off like some others once your bags are overweight. I paid 60 Euro for 7 kg overweight. Today with people anyway not flying because of fear this shows how this company works and how they treat their customers in today's environment. I just can hope that airbaltic will suffer with this policy. A nice move would be a warning and wish a good flight.
RouteRiga to Berlin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"luggage weighs few kg extra"

Trip Verified | Riga to Zurich. Company is a joke. Hand luggage weighs few kg extra and they have the cheek to charge 60 Euro! Better take any other company and pay more and be comfortable instead of this airline. Worst customer service I’ve seen from an airline. You take money and then have the audacity to be sarcastic to the customer?
RouteRiga to Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2020

"fee for a checked baggage"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | St-Petersburg to Brussels via Riga. At the departure of the airport of St-Petersburg, I had to pay for a supplementary fee for a checked baggage instead of a carry-on baggage even if it was one of the correct size. As I did not want to miss my flight, the officer did not hear any of my argument and forced me to pay the 60€ fee instead of the 16€ fee for an overweight luggage, without any regard for my consent. As this kind of behavior is qualified as a scam, I am truly offended by this event. I strongly do no recommend this company which does not respect the EU consumers' rights. I hope you will avoid it as much as it is possible.
RouteSt-Petersburg to Brussels via Riga

"humiliating flight experience"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Riga to Paris. I just had the most humiliating flight experience. The ground service team (gate control) before letting people on board is just terrible. First of all everyone got their hand luggage checked with a ride attitude, and if you even had 100 grams over the absurd 8 kg limit, you must pay 60 euros to get in. that 8 kg limit also includes anything you bought in the duty free store in the airport. Now to my experience flying with my already small violin case. As in most airlines, musicians, most specifically violin players are allowed to bring their violin case on board without extra charge, because if you can't place it in the overhead locker (if it is already full because of other people luggage) then it just easily goes under the seat. That being said, the flight was half empty. And the boarding gate control knew it. Nonetheless, they looked for every opportunity to cash money in. But with music instruments is a whole another thing. You see, we cannot allow them to be placed in the hold. There are countless examples the one of a kind and highly valuable wooden music instruments that get placed in the hold are crushed or beyond repair, because of the temperature and the their fragile state. That's why also oversized music instruments, such as cellos, can be taken on board. The most horrible thing is that the gate control had the audacity to demand me payment without even letting me see the rules about music instruments. And they demanded that the already small violin case is being taken in to the hold. With the knowledge that the flight is half empty! I don't understand how cruel a person can be. And if it were not for the understanding stewardess, then we would not be taking the flight.
RouteRiga to Paris

"very reasonable price"

(Belarus)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Berlin a very pleasant flight. Since my last experience with airBaltic they have updated their fleet with new A220-300s. The procedure of online check-in is very clear and quick, and for now it's possible to use a mobile boarding pass - not required to print it. The flight was punctual, smooth and uneventful. A220 is a nice aircraft, rather quiet, seats are very comfortable and spacious. All ground and cabin staff were polite and helpful. And a very reasonable price. Will definitely fly airBaltic again.
AircraftA220-300
RouteVNO to TXL
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"flights were very good"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Tallinn. I found the service professional. The cabin crew and the airport staff were friendly. The flights were very good. One thing needs to be improved. I prefer that there is no change of gate at the airport which happened in both of my trips.
RouteBerlin to Tallinn
Date FlownDecember 2019

"additional €60 for my cabin luggage"

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Amsterdam. I was charged an additional €60 for my cabin luggage such was 10kg in a normal Samsonite cabin sized suitcase. Apparently their policy is to allow only 8kg? I have never had my bag weighed by any other airline. Why should 2kg matter. I won't fly with Air Baltic again. Its not about the money ... its the feeling of being fleeced by am unscrupulous operator.
RouteVilnius to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"more attention to ground service"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Riga. Planes are mainly comfortable and crew onboard is nice and friendly. Food and beverages what you can buy onboard is also good. Flying is good and comfortable, but check-in and boarding are below average. I have been flying all over the world the last 10 years. So I share my last experience with Air Baltic. My flight from Brussels to Riga should depart 9.55. Real-life we depart 10.15. Not so big deal we arrived on time. I was 07.30 in the airport to do check-in. After my arrive check-in just opened. Before me was 9 persons to check-in. Then I was next in line and check-in lady was replaced. The new lady lost her ID card so she was unable to do any check-ins. So lady before and the new lady walked away and they only say somebody will be here. So finally check-in was done. They check in 10 persons with one hour. Then I go shopping and then boarding was announced and everyone told to be quick so we can depart on time. Never heard that kind of announcements before. May by Air Baltic you change your boarding system. It is unacceptable to say that kind off announcement in my opinion. I have used Air Baltic before 4 times and every single time I had some issues in check-in. It looks like that their check-in and ground service is really below average. So also we wait for 1 hrs for our check-in luggage at Riga airport. So if you are ready to deal all that crap before the flight for low-cost flights I recommend Air Baltic. I rate planes and comfort on flight 4 but ground service -1 so the total score is 2. If they but more attention to ground service I think they will be a much better airline. Air Baltic first opinion is most important. I hope that in future if I use your service again I get a better experience.
RouteBrussels to Riga