airBaltic

"more attention to ground service"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Riga. Planes are mainly comfortable and crew onboard is nice and friendly. Food and beverages what you can buy onboard is also good. Flying is good and comfortable, but check-in and boarding are below average. I have been flying all over the world the last 10 years. So I share my last experience with Air Baltic. My flight from Brussels to Riga should depart 9.55. Real-life we depart 10.15. Not so big deal we arrived on time. I was 07.30 in the airport to do check-in. After my arrive check-in just opened. Before me was 9 persons to check-in. Then I was next in line and check-in lady was replaced. The new lady lost her ID card so she was unable to do any check-ins. So lady before and the new lady walked away and they only say somebody will be here. So finally check-in was done. They check in 10 persons with one hour. Then I go shopping and then boarding was announced and everyone told to be quick so we can depart on time. Never heard that kind of announcements before. May by Air Baltic you change your boarding system. It is unacceptable to say that kind off announcement in my opinion. I have used Air Baltic before 4 times and every single time I had some issues in check-in. It looks like that their check-in and ground service is really below average. So also we wait for 1 hrs for our check-in luggage at Riga airport. So if you are ready to deal all that crap before the flight for low-cost flights I recommend Air Baltic. I rate planes and comfort on flight 4 but ground service -1 so the total score is 2. If they but more attention to ground service I think they will be a much better airline. Air Baltic first opinion is most important. I hope that in future if I use your service again I get a better experience.
RouteBrussels to Riga
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Avoid at all costs"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Barcelona via Riga. Having gone with them twice before and being disappointed both times i reluctantly gave them another shot, and how i wish hadn't. These guys are literally unbeatable at the level of unfriendliness to people. Right at check in, despite having put extra care into my weight limits and allowance (i booked an extra seat for musical instruments) i got second-guessed and barked at. The cabin crew were ill spirited and seemed annoyed at the sheer presence of people. It doesn't hurt to treat each other as human beings, does it? Dont give these guys your money. Avoid at all costs.
RouteHelsinki to Barcelona via Riga
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Avoid at any cost!"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Never flying with airBaltic again! I flew with them from Vienna to Riga, in October. One of the worst travel experiences. They lost my baggage, returned it five days later, visibly damaged, and said they can only reimburse the expenses I made (clothes and personal hygiene items, since I was left in Latvia with zero belongings) up to 40 EUR, and only for personal hygiene items. As for the luggage, they said I should fix it at one of their partners, who just so happen not to have offices in my country. They are quoting a law from 1999 and hide behind the ”we did everything that was possible” disclaimer in order to avoid responsibility. Avoid at any cost!
RouteVienna to Riga

"inconsistent customer experience!

Trip Verified | Riga to Oslo. Very poor and inconsistent customer experience. Was told at the departure airport that my hand luggage would be fine and quicker as I had short transits, since I was eligible for checked in baggage but didn’t have any. Then got charged at the gate of Riga airport.
RouteRiga to Oslo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"stay away from airBaltic"

Trip Verified | Cheap airline, will never use them again. Started weighing carry on baggage at the time it was time to board airplane. It leaves you no time and no option to take anything out of carry on bag, if it has overweight, because simply you have no place to leave your belongings. So you have no other choice than just pay 60 eur ,and check in your carry on bag. Usually other airlines check your carry on bag at the time you get tickets, so you can take anything out if you need to and put it into your check in luggage, but this airline does it at the boarding time, so they could make that extra 60 eur from you. There plenty of good airlines around, so stay away from airBaltic, if you have an option.
RouteVilnius to Amsterdam

" Absolute nightmare"

Not Verified | Riga to Gatwick. Never flying with Air Baltic again. Made a whole load of people check and weigh their luggage. I knew I was slightly over the weight (400g) so removed something from my bag and then put on my pocket. Partner had to remove things and add to my bag to make his fit though it was fine on the way out. Then they reweighed mine. Luckily ok. Absolute nightmare and they were charging people €60 a pop!
RouteRiga to Gatwick

"indifferent and unsmiling"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Hamburg via Riga. Red eye flight on A220-300, plane looks nice but noisy for such a modern plane. You could have slept from 4-6 in the morning but the noise was bothering you. Flight attendants were indifferent and unsmiling. They do not offer even a glass of water or coffee, you have to buy everything.
RouteAthens to Hamburg via Riga
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a 3 hour flight was terrible"

Trip Verified | Riga to Tbilisi. My first flight with AirBatic went smoothly, but that was only 35mins. But a 3 hour flight was terrible. The plane was the hottest plane I have ever flown on. To the point it was making me feel physically sick. The cabin is a 2-3 layout. But the air con for the aisle seat on the three is non existent. I felt the seat were also uncomfy. True design of the seats is truly awful.
RouteRiga to Tbilisi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"flight ran rather smoothly"

Trip Verified | Tallin to Riga, this specific flight ran rather smoothly. As you would expect from a flight that is only 30mins. No problem with boarding. No real issue of note.
AircraftQ-400
RouteTallin to Riga
Date FlownNovember 2019

"prices weren't the best but it's okay"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Riga. This airline is pleasantly surprising. The value of money wasn't bad but not great, this is the only route to Riga from Gatwick so the prices weren't the best but it's okay. Ground service wasn't much as a half-budget airline, but the crew does seem very nice. The seat is very comfortable as a modern aircraft with mood lighting and everything making the atmosphere nice with music and small TV screens showing flight progress as well as time etc. Food-wise, as this half-budget airline, of course, it has paid for meals. The value of them is considerably better if we compare it to say Ryanair or EasyJet. If you don't like to wait for your food to be reheated, don't buy the sweet and sour chicken with rice, yes it's good but if you don't like waiting, try avoiding it and buy something like a soup or a wrap, both of which my mum tried and enjoyed very much. The chicken and rice were on point! I'm quite biased as a Latvian myself but I'd recommend flying this airline.
RouteGatwick to Riga