AirAsia

"Significant delay"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Medan. Significant delay and no real apology. Flew QZ155. It only started to board at the time it should have been leaving, with no obvious reason (eg the incoming aircraft had been on time). Then crew running around and finding a passenger was missing. But then it took a further 30 minutes to find and offload the luggage from that passenger. So finally a delay of almost an hour. Not really acceptable on a 2-hour flight.
RouteBangkok to Medan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"definitely pick AirAsia again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Even after adding in seat selection and 20kg of baggage, the price was still affordable and cheap considering that I only booked a month before the flight. There were problems with the self check-in as I had checked in online with AirAsia, luckily this was sorted out very quickly. Immigration at Changi Airport was very fast. The plane left on the dot at 7:35am and the gate my plane was at was the closest to the runway, so we were in the air very quickly. The seat pitch was just about okay for my height, and it was comfortable for a short flight. The plane was one of the older ones in AirAsia's fleet, not fitted with the sharklets seen on the newer A320s, and the cabin did show signs of ageingty. As it was a 40min flight and a budget airline, there was not much the cabin crew had to do but they were warm and friendly. One interesting perk about this flight was the ability to stream the inflight entertainment into my own device without needing to download a seperate app; all I had to do was to connect to the inflight WiFi which was enabled even on this short hop and I found it very unique, setting aside AirAsia from other budget carriers, and the selection was quite generous too, with some movies, documentaries and even games. The flight landed in Kuala Lumpur early and we had a short taxi into KLIA2, very quickly we were disembarking. Overall, given AirAsia's punctuality and cost, I would definitely pick AirAsia again if I'm travelling to Malaysia or want to travel on a budget.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur

"seats are horrible"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Bali via Malaysia. Worst international flight I have ever travelled. No meals even after paying thousands of bucks for the flight. Flight seats are horrible. I would not prefer travelling in AirAsia.
RouteBengaluru to Bali via Malaysia
Date FlownNovember 2019

"We had to rebook new tickets"

Trip Verified | We had to rebook new tickets halfway through our trip due to the booking of flights too close together to make baggage transfer despite paying extra baggage charges and being told our bags would transfer. A rude customer service employee at Kuala Lumpur airport told us it was our fault since if they had told us we did not have enough time then we would have done it anyway.
AircraftAirbu
RouteSiem Reap to Krabi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"an excellent customer experience"

Not Verified | AirAsia have provided an excellent customer experience throughout our journey. The cabin crew were very polite and helpful. I have found that most of the passengers traveling from Hyderabad to Mumbai are local travelers with "Telugu" as the native language. The announcements made in flight are in "English" and "Hindi" languages. It would be very helpful for the passengers if the announcements in flight are made in the native language for the domestic flights. All the elderly passengers would be comfortable with this change. Hope to see this change from my next flight with you!
RouteHyderabad to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2019

"no alternative was given"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Goa. 2.5 hour flight was delayed by over 2.5 hours and no alternative was given to take another flight instead. If they had just informed appropriately instead of informing about the delay half an hour at a time, we could have taken a different flight.
RouteDelhi to Goa
Date FlownNovember 2019

"they said I was too late"

(Maldives)

Trip Verified | I chose Air Aisa because I was travelling with a child and no other directs flight to KL was available. First of all they force people to use PSA which sells expensive tickets by making a bank error on online service if using cards from Maldives. They lost my luggage cover, which was never found after struggles. On my second sector to Kota Bharu- the que was long and when I reached to drop off the baggage (like a minute) they said I was too late and send me from one counter to another and made me wait and said I can board the plane without the luggage (while travelling with a 2 year old). No other options. Had to buy buy 2 extra tickets for me and the child. 3. When I left the trolley at a side, Air Asia staff told me to take it to the another location, I said I cannot leave my baby behind to put the trolley back, he mumbled rudely.
RouteMale to Kota Bharu via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"we had to buy new tickets"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bali. What a disappointing experience. We went to automatic check in. That machine worked for only one of us. The other one had to go to the counter to check in. Later once we already passed the customs we found out about not sitting next to each other and asked for a correction. This could only be changed if we were willing to pay extra. I asked if they could put us on an earlier flight so that I would be home sooner. This was possible but we had to buy new tickets!
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2019

" most unique personal touch"

Not Verified | Our flight on November 2 from Lombok to Denpasar became memorable only because of the inflight service. A talented steward serenaded the passengers with a most lovely original song that soothed and enhanced the flight. A most unique personal touch we've never experienced in all our years of international travel.
RouteLombok to Denpasar

"my last flight them"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta delayed by 2hrs 50 mins. This is my last flight them. If you have connecting flight this airline will get you in trouble. This airline seems to attract people attracted to low price and fly point to point only, where long wait in the terminal and extensive delays does not matter.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta