AirAsia

"the service is getting worse"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I used to travel frequently with AirAsia but recently the service is getting worse. More than half of my flight got cancelled / rescheduled to the inconvenient time. I need to rearrange my schedule and travel plan because of that. There is no proper way to complain as you will always be directed to AVA which can't settle your issue most of the time. Questions never be answered and customer service is basically not exist. Undeniable it offers the most affordable flight ticket but with the inconvenience caused by frequent reschedule/ cancellation and the worst customer service, it is not worthy of it.
RouteSandakan to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2022

"they are not paying the money back"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Be very careful with AirAsia, we booked an flight and after once changing our timings from Air Asia they just canceled our flight. We have to book another airline to get to our vacation, of course much more expensive. There was flights from AirAsia available but they didn't offer us. So now they are not paying the money back, they hold it on the air Asia credit account. I try to get my money back but AirAsia refuse to pay back.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sabah
Date FlownApril 2022

"Absolutely no customer service"

Trip Verified | We have had a terrible experience with Air Asia. Three weeks before our flights, we received notification that they had cancelled both of our flights for operational reasons. We were automatically rebooked on flights - one of which was an entire day later than our initial itinerary. We couldn't miss the day of work, so attempted to get a refund or credit for that fllight. Absolutely no ability to contact a human, and everything was done through the chat bot - except that the bot was obviously incapable of understanding the situation. We explicitly said we needed a refund for one flight. In the meantime, we booked quickly with another airline (at substantial out of pocket cost). Instead? No refund, but they credited both flights which meant that we now no longer had any route to our destination! We also can't rebook the original AirAsia flight because the price has quadrupled. Absolutely no customer service or assistance. We are left with three lots of flights we can't use, a substantial amount of out of pocket cost, and no apology.
RoutePerth to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2022

"I was asked to pay for 2.1 kg"

Trip Verified | The worst ground service by the staff in Trichy airport. I had only hand luggage with my laptop and chargers in my laptop bag which total was 9.1 kg, I was asked to pay for 2.1 kg of a total sum of Rs.6772/- i was made to wait and i was the last passenger to get my boarding pass for my flight. Since when was the laptop started to get in to total weight of the luggage. (if so why didn't they ask to weigh my 2 phones which i was carrying in my pocket, which would add another 1/2 kg for them to charge me ).
RouteTiruchirappalli to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur

"Worst customer service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Worst customer service. I have waited for hours (5) to get through a live person and each time (3 times) the person closed the chat before I could ask a question. Delayed service, faulty planes, cancelled flights, no refund. They completely and utterly destroyed my holiday. Shameful airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownMay 2022

"Why overbook a flight during a major holiday?"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Booked an expensive flight during Eid weekend. Checked in more than 4 hours before flight only to find out the flight is full. App told me to come to the airport early only to put me on a flight 5 hours earlier than my actual flight. No compensation, nothing. Front desk did not even tell me I would not get on the same flight. Why overbook a flight during a major holiday? Why do customers just get pushed to any flight they want without prior notice nor without compensation? I’ve travelled with other budget airlines and this is just the worst. Also, customer service is bad. I can’t even file a complaint. Front desk says all complaints need to go through their online chat Ava. Well, Ava is not human and doesn’t understand simple keywords like “refund” and “compensation”. The worst.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Alor Setar

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Two years ago I had to cancel my flight to Bali from Perth due to the pandemic. I was "approved" a full refund from AirAsia ($700+) and told to be patient as they understandably were busy with refunds. I have regularly tried to follow this up since then, each time being told to be patient. I have not been able to contact them since October last year and my last communication said that they could not find the booking number! Terrible customer service and I have the feeling that the refund will not happen. Do not use this airline.
RoutePerth to Bali
Date FlownMay 2021

"Requested a refund but was being rejected"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Booking a flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur on 11th March and received a booking failure notice. Proceed with my booking on other airline and got my ticket. Suddenly on 24th March, received another email stated my previous booking was confirmed. Requested a refund but was being rejected. Were forced to chat with the all-star agent after waited for hours but wasn't helpful at all. No other avenue to get back my money.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2022

"I haven't get my refund back"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | I've bought a return ticket from them 12th April depart, 14th April return. They cancelled the departing flight 5 days prior, the next day I got an email says that they have rescheduled my departing flight to 14th April without my consent. That makes my itinerary like departing in the morning, stay at the destination for 30minutes then returning on the same day!? I lodged a case for refund with AirAsia thru their online chat bot, as I couldn't contact any of their customer service staff. My case status was closed by AirAsia, and I haven't get my refund back. I went to the airport to check with their counter staff, they said AirAsia have refunded me. I checked with my bank, and there are not a single dime from AirAsia. There are no way to contact their person in charge for refund. The boarding counter staffs tell you to lodge your case online with the chatbot. You can spend 2 hours and get nowhere there.
RouteJohor to Kelantan
Date FlownApril 2022

"abysmal customer service experience"

Trip Verified | An abysmal customer service experience. Trying to reach a person for help is nearly impossible, they force you to communicate solely via chat with an automated bot that is of very little help. If you are persistent, you can get through to what they lead you to believe is a human but I have my doubts. They have no interest in attempting to retain a customer in any way shape or form, the default answer is no. I was unable to make a booked flight due to rapidly changing travel plans during Covid times. I hoped I could get some kind of credit for booking another flight but they were unwilling to consider the option, which is certainly their right for the fare booked. One would figure they may have some kind of repeat customer loyalty flexibility or the ability to provide any shred of empathy, but that is clearly not the case. Lesson learned, avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteHua Hin to Chiang Mai