AirAsia

"4 times rescheduled"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | I booked this flight on August and AirAsia cancelled it so I had to reschedule. Then when finally came the travel time and I arrived at 7am at the Jakarta station, they told me that the flight to Medan has been rescheduled again this morning for 6pm so around 9 hours later. This was already bad because I booked a trip in Medan so I couldn't make it on time. And I didn't even receive any email or notification about rescheduling. Then around 3pm I got another email saying that the flight has been rescheduled for 1am of the next day. 5 min later I got another message saying the flight has been rescheduled for 1:50am. So 4 times rescheduled, together 16 hours of delay. They gave us ridiculously low amount of money as an excuse. When I started to think about a refund and I tried to book another flight at the same day with another company, AirAsia said that I won't get any refund because I rejected it. Which I did not, they told me about the refund and I said that I have to think about it.
RouteJakarta to Medan
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I haven't received any correspondence"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | My Bangkok to Phnom Penh flight in October 2022 was rescheduled and I received an email notification of the change of flight time. There was a 7.5-hour change of time, so I decided to cancel my ticket and receive a refund. I couldn't see any option to contact a member of staff, other than a bot on the AirAsia website. Since submitting my claim, I haven't received any correspondence from AirAsia. Luckily, it was a really cheap flight and I can take the loss. I certainly wouldn't book with AsiaAir again because I just wouldn't want to be placed in a similar situation.
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never book with AirAsia again"

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled more than 2 weeks prior to departure for "Operational reasons". Attempted to secure a refund but it took over 2 weeks just to get a response. AirAsia, decided that, rather than a 5 hour transit, an alternative flight a day later with around 15 hours of travel was a sufficient substitute. Over 3 weeks later and I am still waiting to understand if I will receive a refund. Will never book with AirAsia again.
RoutePhuket to Siem Reap via Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Worst flight experience ever"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Worst flight experience ever. Had double booked due to system error. Filed in a refund request for one ticket to AirAsia but seems they don't want to give my money back. The process took so long and no customer service available anywhere to give your complaint directly. D-1 before my scheduled flight, my morning flight got rescheduled to the afternoon without other option available to refund or even reschedule my flight. The system in the check-in terminal is slow. I think the company is facing bankruptcy.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2022

"tell me my flight its the other flight"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Had a flight 2.9.22 18:55 to Kuala Lumpur - I'm there an hour early - sitting at my Gate 6a it says very clearly 18:55 DPS-KUL AirAsia at the Gate. I go to board they tell me my flight its the other flight at 18:55 AirAsia to Kuala Lumpur at Gate 2 but it’s already left. I go to the other gate explain, they say it’s my fault because I didn’t go to the live checkin. And had I done the online checkin properly I would have seen. This is the text on the online ticket: "you may proceed directly to the gate using this e-boarding pass". The employee said there were tickets available the same day, but until I admitted it was my fault he would not give me one for today but instead for tomorrow. I have never ever experienced anything close to this. In the end luckily I managed to get a ticket for the same day but had to pay the difference.
RouteDenpasar to Kulala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"of course I missed the flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I went to my gate entrance for my domestic flight at 2.15 when my flight is at 2.50. At the time, when the officer scanned my boarding pass the machine said "not checked in" even thought I clearly had the boarding pass. The officer said to try again in 5 minutes and the same result kept coming up until 15 minutes had passed and now the result became "too late to board". The officer told me to go to the service counter and they kept sending me to different service counters until I reached the rudest lady who initially told me that I can't board within 20 minutes of take off, even though I was at the gate 35 minutes before take off. I kept begging her to help me but all she said was "please step aside, sir. I'm busy". That was 5 minutes prior to the supposed take off and of course I missed the flight. After all of this I had to go retrieve the bags I checked in and that took over 20 minutes, at which time I found out the flight had been delayed by 40 minutes. I have to wait for the delayed flight to depart before I can take back my checked in bags. What kind of customer service is this? Also I was informed that they may help me with rescheduling the flight if I pay the difference even though 1 AirAsia employee told me it was the system's fault.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sibu

"Horrible communication"

Not Verified | Both flights from Jakarta to Penang back to Jakarta had three delays, and they canceled two of our flights, then delayed the final return flight to a 1:40 am departure. It caused us three extra hotel night expenses for a 2.5 hour flight. Horrible communication. We were not even informed of the delay.
RoutePenang to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2022

"cannot check in anymore as counter is closed"

Trip Verified | I submitted an app check in and it was successfully submitted. I had no check in baggage so I only went to the airport 50min before the flight to print my boarding pass and board the plane. But when i went to the airport it was not reflected on the system and they said I was not checked in and as such cannot check in anymore as counter is closed. The only solution was to buy a new air ticket. And I was not given a choice of seats and was asked to purchase what i later found out to be the most expensive seat on the plane, a hot seat, which I did not ask for. A simple trip air ticket cost doubled and totally ruined my trip.
RouteSingapore to Kuala lumpur

"Good value for money"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Good value for money, uneventful short hop from JKT to KUL, early morning. Good value for money regarding pre-ordered meal, easy check-in and clean airplane. Nice crew.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2022

"hard work deserves recognition"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I was weary of this airline because of my previous experience flying in from Manila last July 2022. However ground crew Cheska changed it all. She managed to make our check in from Dumaguete to Manila quick and efficient. Her loyalty and hard work deserves recognition.
RouteDumaguete to Manila