AirAsia

"worst customer support"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru booked to travel next week. They have the worst customer support, they ignore client when they answer you, they ask you to follow up with them after 5 days. I got problem in my account which was disabled, I contacted their support who answered me after long time them asked me to come back to them after 5 days, although they have all my contact details.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I did not untick the box"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bali. I recently booked a flight with Air Asia through their website. I was very careful to uncheck as many of the automatically checked add-ons during the check-out process. There was one add-on for travel insurance that I missed. I was subsequently charged for travel insurance when it was not something I intended to purchase. I wrote to them requesting a refund that they promptly informed me that it was not possible as I did not untick the box for travel insurance. Why on earth would they require a customer to untick an add-on rather than ask them if they would like an add-on and have them initiate the add-on with a tick? I am truly disappointed that this is how they operate.
RouteBangkok to Bali
Date FlownAugust 2018

"overall experience was better"

Trip Verified | Short flight from Singapore to Kuching, midday flight on a Sunday. Flight was more than 50% empty, so obviously the overall experience was better. Boarding was on time and efficient, and crew were reasonably pleasant. For this short flight, I had paid for the first row of seats, and so legroom was aplenty. The A320 had obviously seen quite a lot of service, seats were clean but felt like the cushions had sagged a little. Halfway through the flight, was impressed that inflight connectivity (rokki) allowed reading of the AirAsia inflight magazine, brief travel guides, news and simple games on iPad, all for free. Impressive for a no-frills airline. Flight landed on time, and disembarkation was fuss free. If seat comfort was a tad better, this would be a 5-star low-cost airline flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSingapore to Kuching

"missed connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. Because of delay of flight from Hyderabad we missed connecting flight and received a poor response from AirAsia staff in Malaysia airport
RouteHyderabad to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not hesitate to fly them again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Hong Kong via Bangkok. This is my first time flying with Air Asia. I was apprehensive of the questionable standard since it's a budget airline which gives the bare minimum, but get you from A to B. I took the plunge and tried to return to Hong Kong from Bali with it. It was operated by Thai Air Asia. I booked fly+bag+eat combo, sat on front row seat. Check in at Bali airport was friendly and efficient. I am happy to report that the experience had been very positive. Crew were courteous and smiling. Ordered meals were promptly delivered, and it actually tasted ok. I like the fact that Air Asia makes no qualm about bringing outside food and drink on board for own consumption. Seat was bound in leather, well padded and comfortable for the 4 hour journey. There was a lay over of 2 hours in Bangkok old airport Don Muang, it was welcoming as one could stretch the legs and do some shopping, or eat a good meal before the 2nd leg. The same good standard of service continued for the next flight back home. I was able to check my bags through from bali to Hong Kong. Transit process was very simple and direction crystal clear. Upon arrival, my bags were one of the first to come out. The fly bag eat combo actually do include priority luggage, a really nice touch. I also noticed that the 2 flights left and arrived on time. Based on the good experience, I will not hesitate to fly with them again in future.
RouteDenpasar to Hong Kong via Bangkok

"Excellent inflight service"

Trip Verified | I had the best customer experience on this AirAsia flight flying from Manila to Cebu on 4th September. Excellent inflight service and entertainment for the guests. Pleasant music played throughout the journey, food was very good plus an hitherto unseen entertainment for guests on flight. The airhostess(two of them) woke us all up by their energetic dance performance. This was followed by a quiz. Correct answers were awarded with AirAsia goodies. Perfect holiday experience.
RouteManila to Cebu

"Self-check in available"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Semarang to Kuala Lumpur. The flight departed from the new International airport in Semarang, which was great. Self-check in machines are available, which can cut down queue lines. Nevertheless, the line to queue to the plane was quite unmanageable.
RouteSemarang to Kuala Lumpur

"it was a good flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Semarang. I was able to checked in earlier, 2 weeks before the departure time. The flight was on time from KL to Semarang, and apparently arrived 10 minutes earlier. Stewards were friendly to the passengers. It was a good flight for low-cost airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Semarang

"person highly recommended"

Trip Verified | I missed my connecting flight from Kuala Lumpur to Penang, my own fault, reported my situation and was advised how to book next connecting flight and organise my retrieval of luggage, looking totally confused, I hastily took off to correct my mistake, hopefully. An agent caught up with me and explained it would be quicker and easier for him to organise. He returned after a short period, having had to run from Gate K to Gate J and return with both my boarding pass and luggage ticket. I was so grateful as he had taken the initiative to go far and beyond his duties to fix my problem. This person should be highly recommended for advancement in the company as he put the company first for customer service which was so appreciated.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"would definitely fly again"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Hanoi via Bangkok. I wasn’t sure about AirAsia at first, but we had absolutely no problem. I am scared to fly, but it was a smooth ride. No food or entertainment provided, which was fine as it was under 2 hours flight. I would definitely fly again.
RoutePhuket to Hanoi via Bangkok