AirAsia

"customer service is terrible"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Taipei. I purchased two meals for my flight in advance, however, I only got one meal served. I tried to contact their customer service several times and in different ways (facebook and message), but I didn't get any response. Their customer service is terrible. I definitely won't fly with AirAsia next time.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2019

"250 dollars for my baggage"

Trip Verified | Bali to Siem Reap via Kuala Lumpur. They charged me around 250 dollars for my baggage of 24.4 kg although it did not let me buy luggage online beforehand. What kind of airline has such costs and flexible luggage rate based on which check in agent you get?
RouteBali to Siem Reap via Kuala Lumpur

"Company to avoid"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. We paid an excessive price for 2 checked baggage because we could not do it online. On arrival we found our bag in a sorry state, I no longer had my cover, missing items, open bags. We are given a web page where to make a claim and as luck would not work. Company to avoid. If you do not want to pay more for your luggage than your ticket. FR: Nous avons payé un prix excessif pour 2bagages en soute car nous n'avons pas pu le faire en ligne. A l'arrivée on a retrouvé nos sac dans un piteux état, je n'avais plus ma housse, objets manquants,sacs ouverts. On nous donne alors une page internet où faire une réclamation et comme par hasard cela ne marche pas. Compagnie à éviter. Si vois ne voulez pas payer plus cher les bagages que votre billet d'avion
RouteCebu to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I got only one meal served"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Male to Kuala Lumpur. This is a red eye flight, so you want to sleep after boarding. however the seat is very crowded. I booked a value pack and purchased another vegetarian meal for my mother. So I should get two meals totally. However I got only one meal served. They have killed their customer telephone number and I got no any reply even I left message on facebook twice and filled up a refund form online.
RouteMale to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2019

"check in close 1 hour before"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Penang. Book 1st flight 5.25am for 2 person because very cheap at less than RM100. Arrived at check in kiosk 4.30am. Counter informed check in close 1 hour before flight. So no choice bought the following flight as the next flight closing in 20 minutes. Whopping 280 per person and for 2 person 560 plus. No choice paid as need to meet appointment. Boarding pass handed only notice hot seat. No wonder so expensive. I was not told whether normal seat available or not. Very costly in the end.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownJuly 2019

"waiting for their follow up"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. My flight to Jakarta was delayed, AirAsia sent me an email saying that i have an option to get a refund. And when I follow the steps as stated in the email to request for refund from their website, there's no refund option. There's no email address either. There's only a livebot, which is useless as it only has standard answers. I wrote a complain and they only say they will send to relevant department to handle. I am now waiting for their follow up.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"Worst service I have ever experienced"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Chiang Mai with AirAsia. Worst service I have ever experienced on an aircraft. I'm 6'4" tall and literally could not sit in my seat without physically bruising my knees as the legroom is that short. I stood for entire flight apart from when seatbelt signs were on and came away with bad bruising to both my knees. Despite there being 11 extra legroom seats available the cabin crew would not let me sit there (even for extra payment that I offered) but instead just smiled at me as I stood. I showed then the damage the seat had done to my knees after take off and they just did not care. I watched them throw a lady out of the extra legroom seat who was trying to breastfeed a baby, this is how uncaring they are. On making a subsequent complaint I received a totally inadequate reply from them. If you are over 5'8" do not use. I am now looking at taking legal action for my injuries and suffering as only way I can see these airlines learning.
RoutePhuket to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJune 2019

"90.10MYR for 15kg baggage "

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru. I bought the ticket online for 75MYR including checked baggage of 20 kg when I reached the airport they charged me 90.10MYR for 15kg baggage which is the only baggage I have because I didn't check in 4 hours before the flight. The flight got delayed 1 hour. They destroyed my bag.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru

"Absolutely no leg room"

(Laos)

Trip Verified | Krabi to Bangkok. I'm 6' (1.8 meters) tall and my knees were touching the back of the seat. Absolutely no leg room. The only reason we took AirAsia is because we wanted to arrive at Don Meuang Airport. AirAsia prices are almost never as good as they sound. By the time one adds luggage fees, choosing a seat fee, credit card fee and other fees, the prices generally are not much cheaper than other airlines.
RouteKrabi to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"I had issues in booking"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Manila. Customer Service useless. I had issues in booking, basically I have earned many Big Points along the years plus I had Credit Account Balance to get some discount during bookings. I have tried during different bookings to apply the credit I had with AirAsia but neither the Big Points or the Credit Account ever worked, I applied them but they magically disappeared whenever I click the magic button "pay" and the full amount has always been charged to my bank account. I have complained a couple of times but the only answer those "customer service representative" give is some template answer saying that they are sorry bla bla bla and my points are still there to redeem. This is ridiculous and disappointing, never had such a bad customer service being a Gold member as they call me.
RouteCebu to Manila