AirAsia

"did not notice while booking"

Trip Verified | Bali to Kuala Lumpur. The ticket amount excludes check in baggage which we did not notice while booking. We had to add 25 kg luggage allowance at 3050₹ extra. There was no free food and not even a free cup of water on this low-cost airline. At Bali airport we reached 2 hr before and were waiting for boarding at designated gate. We just escaped missing our flight as they changed gate before 1 hr.
RouteBali to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Will fly with them again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kota Bharu to Kota Kinabalu return. Ontime departure & arrival (10-20 minutes earlier arrival for both journey). Reasonable crew, tasty food. Wished that AirAsia will increase the frequency direct flight to 4x week at least. Will fly with them again.
RouteKota Bharu to Kota Kinabalu

"orderly boarding"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya with AirAsia. Swift check-in and orderly boarding followed by a 25 mins late departure due to some passengers not showing up. Plane nearly full, crew all male. Uneventful flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Surabaya

"Seats comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia. Everything went smoothly. Check in and boarding were painless, and the flight both departed and arrived a bit early. Seats comfortable, meals and drinks available at extra cost as usual.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2019

"unable to make my connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Manila to Bangkok. The worst part was the check in counter. I had already checked in online but had to check in my pre-paid for luggage. I was there approx 3.5 hours prior to boarding time yet the line up took over 1.5 hours. It was chaos and only 2 employees checking everyone in. Standing for 1.5 hours is outrageous. Then we boarded the plane 40+ mins late. Once we got on the plane we didn’t leave the tarmac for another 70 minutes. I was unable to make my connecting flight to Chiang Mai. The next flight out was over 7 hours later and air Asia did nothing about it. No hotel, no vouchers, no compensatio.. I had to sleep in the airport, miss a half day of my vacation in Chiang Mai and forfeit my hotel I had pre purchased for in Chiang Mai for the night. Talked to several different air Asia employees in Bangkok airport, none of which were even the least bit helpful or simpathetic. Won’t fly airasia again.
RouteManila to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"a good price-performance ratio"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. The check-in was fast and the ground staff friendly. For a low-cost airline AirAsia offers a good seating distance, for a small extra charge and food and water as a drink. The plane made a well-kept and well-maintained impression. With this airline you get a good price-performance ratio.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"satisfied with the airline"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Chiang Mai. Months before departure my direct flight was moved from 03:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Due to missing alternatives, I accepted this shift. Otherwise I was satisfied with the airline. Small, good tasting food and water as a drink. The flight was punctual and without any special occurrences.
RouteKrabi to Chiang Mai
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"legroom is also below average"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Flew Kuala Lumpur to Penang with AirAsia. The airline generally offers a great price for my distance I have to travel. However, the cabin crew doesn't really greet us while we board the aircraft which makes us feel a little bit unwelcome. The legroom is also below average but fortunately it is just a very short flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not helpful nor accommodating"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Clark to Cebu. Check in counter is not yet open even if already almost an hour before our boarding time. Your staffs here in Clark are not helpful nor accommodating!
RouteClark to Cebu
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"value for money pricing"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Penang. Cheap flight without free baggage and free meals. Worth it and value for money pricing for flight. Must book long long time before flight to get cheap price of the flight.
RouteJakarta to Penang