AirAsia

"still waiting for my money back"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I booked & paid to fly KL to Manila in May 2020. AirAsia cancelled (Covid) so i started the refund process. This was difficult but eventually i got a human who gave me a case no. and a promise!! 11 months late after many emails promising that my case has been 'validated' or 'upgraded'. I am still waiting for my money back. The case no. has changed (upgraded) but was then closed with no refund, no explanation. The chat bot is a complete waste of electrons - just goes around in circles (designed like this of course).
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila
Date FlownMay 2020

"never use Air Asia again"

Trip Verified | Air Asia cancelled my flight (this seems to be more and more common with them), but did not refund the money to my credit card account. They have stopped providing any general call center services - there are no phone numbers. Instead, there is only a bot controlled chat function (online or app) that limits your ability to request anything except what they want you to request. No access to a real person. After a couple of glitches involving the bot, it finally found my records and transferred the refund to my member "credit account." Supposedly, within a limited amount of time, the credit can be used to buy another ticket from Air Asia. But there seems to be strings attached. I'll never use Air Asia again unless there is no other option.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownApril 2021

"Thieves, liars, no compassion"

Not Verified | I now see all the same reviews like mine. AirAsia is a thief. I asked for a refund following the pandemic which they accepted in March 2020. They have been going round and round saying it's in progress for months. Then closed my case with no refund. Thieves, liars, no compassion. Never ever again I will buy a ticket with them and you shouldn't either.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownMay 2020

"My wife had to pay his luggage"

Trip Verified | My wife and my son (1.5 years) took a domestic flight today from manila to bohol in the Philippines. Obviously she had luggage of 30kg prebooked, my son was not allowed to have his own luggage for checkin. My wife had to pay his luggage of 30 kg PER kg, which means 10800 PHP=200 USD. You just lost a client of the past 6 years.
RouteManila to Tagbilara
Date FlownApril 2020

" they refused my refund"

(China)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight last june. they cancelled (covid). Submitted a request for a full refund, waited 8 months only for them to cancel my case! No email, no communication on why they refused my refund! I cant get my money back. cant even get credit with them as compensation. They have made it impossible to contact a real person, only the stupid AVA chat bot. I paid for a service, never got the service, never got my money back.
RouteMacau to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2020

"refused to refund me"

Trip Verified | Air Asia cancelled my flights 3 times and refused to refund me after 6 months and offer me credits. By refusing to refund customers for cancelled flights is as good as cheating customers of their money.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2020

"an awful company with zero customer service"

Not Verified | Air Asia are an awful company with zero customer service. If only I’d looked at the reviews before booking. They make promises to refund cancelled flights but these refunds never arrive. It’s impossible to speak to anyone and the automated chat is worse than useless and just takes you round in circles. I finally got a response on twitter and a promise of a refund. This was then turned into a “credit account” and now nobody will respond. A credit account is useless as I wouldn’t go anywhere near Air Asia in the future. They’ve actually profited from covid as they’ve neither provided a flight or refund, which is disgraceful behaviour.
RouteDa Nang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by Air Asia due to restrictions caused by Covid in February 2020. I have been waiting since that time (eight months and counting) for a refund, as is Air Asia's legal obligation. AA have renegued multiple times in promises to repay me in that time. Now, despite not receiving a cent in refund, my case according to Air Asia, is now 'closed'. This is to inform Air Asia, that while the amount of money I have lost is not life changing, I think I speak for thousands of other former passengers cheated out of funds by you when I say that I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again. You may be desperate to stay in business but you have no right to effectively steal funds from passengers. I sincerely hope Air Asia goes bankrupt.
RouteChiang Mai to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Their customer service is seriously sub standard"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline to deal with! Our flights were cancelled in March due to COVID-19. I requested a refund, and on 18/03/2020 was told my refund was processed and my money would be returned within 10-15 calendar days. 8 months later and I haven’t received a penny! I was then emailed in May to say I could have a credit account! Replied saying are you having a laugh! No thank you! Since then I have messaged every other day via their Twitter account as this is the only way I can contact them. No phone number, no email address an infuriating automated system that tells you nothing and solves nothing. Each time I am told that my refund is in the final stage and will be back in my account shortly and nothing appears! I am a nurse in the UK and was due to go and see my dad who lives in Manila with my family. It’s bad enough that our 3 week holiday was cancelled, this is just rubbing salt in the wound! £500 of my hard earned money that they were quick enough to take is still not back with me! I couldn’t be angrier. Their customer service is seriously sub standard and I would not recommend anyone to use this company! Modern day robbery at its finest. Would be giving 0/10 if allowed, but has to begrudgingly be a 1/10! Seriously, avoid this company like the plague.
RouteManila to Bohol
Date FlownApril 2020

"I wanted a refund"

Trip Verified | aCovid happened and the world went into meltdown, flight cancelled and I wanted a refund - what an awful awful process. Never known anything like it. Cant speak to anyone, and the virtual assistant is just infuriating (possibly the worst one I have ever used) sends you round in circles, no option for live chat and doesnt seem to learn. Obviously its all done to put you off claiming a refund. As for live chat, well you will wait literally hours for a person to come back to you, if at all. Genuinely the worst customer service I have ever received.
RouteManila to Kalibo