AirAsia

"I wanted a refund"

Trip Verified | aCovid happened and the world went into meltdown, flight cancelled and I wanted a refund - what an awful awful process. Never known anything like it. Cant speak to anyone, and the virtual assistant is just infuriating (possibly the worst one I have ever used) sends you round in circles, no option for live chat and doesnt seem to learn. Obviously its all done to put you off claiming a refund. As for live chat, well you will wait literally hours for a person to come back to you, if at all. Genuinely the worst customer service I have ever received.
RouteManila to Kalibo
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refund that would take 12+ weeks"

Trip Verified | My flight was canceled because of COVID. Because them canceling they have to offer the refund option. They try in so many ways to give a credit and they customer support is non-existent, they only have robot AVA that is instructed not let you talk to a real person. In the end I got a case number for a refund that would take 12+ weeks to process. Two weeks ago they tried again and sent an email with the cryptic message "If we don't fail to hear from you within 14 days we will process a credit" (whatever that "if we don't fail" means). I replied by email and of course no confirmation. I will never ever use Air Asia again.
RouteTokyo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2020

"This is unethical!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | On 1 Aug 2020, I purchased a flight ticket from AirAsia. On 15 Aug 2020, AirAsia cancelled my flight and refuses to refund. They only offered credits. Everyone knows the credit is worthless. In AirAsia's audit report, EY has highlighted there is material uncertainty over AirAsia's going concern status (i.e. AirAsia might become bankrupt within the next year). If AirAsia goes bust, all credits are almost certain to be worthless! To AirAsia: You cannot open a flight, take our money, then cancel the flight to keep the money! This is unethical! As much as you need cash, you cannot do this!!! You've might have gotten my money now, but I will never fly AirAsia again, even after this pandemic!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2020

"offered with credit account"

Not Verified | You will not get a refund at all. Bought a flight tickets with AirAsia in Jan-2020, but it got cancelled due to Covid-19. Requested for a refund back to credit card but failed, they will give excuses just not giving back the refund, instead they offered with credit account which I will never use it again.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2020

"Don't accept the credit"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Don't accept the credit. Cancelled my flight and offered a refund (pre-covid). Since then they have tried to convince me to accept a credit instead and they have stalled with giving me my refund. They were only 20$ cheaper for this trip compared to another company that I was supposed to fly another leg of my trip with. And that company has already given me my money back months ago because Airasia cancelled this part of the trip. If you accept the credit you change the terms of your initial deal and you are now subject to their new terms. By not accepting the credit they are still obligated to the conditions of your initial contract. You can demand your money back through the bank that handled the transaction. You can demand the money back through the card company if you paid via Visa, Mastercard etc.
RouteChiang Mai to Kolkata via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"they didn’t refund ticket money"

Trip Verified | Amritsar to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur booked for April 2020. I’m still waiting for my ticket canceled money they didn’t refund ticket money ticket was canceled from AirAsia because Covid-19.
AircraftAirAsia airline
RouteAmritsar to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur

"they will not refund"

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur. Do not use this company. My flight was cancelled for Covid 19 in April, and they will not refund for flights they cancelled and the insurance they provide does not cover this either.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"informed that I'll get a refund"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | My flight has been canceled and when I have contacted customer Service they told me that I must buy another tickets (for 3 people) and I'll get the refund. So I have purchased the new tickets. Then Lockdown and my airport has been closed. I wanted to contact customer Service, but There was no chance to reach someone There. As instructed on their website, I used AVA thing to cancel Our flight, then I had to buy new tickets again. Of course before cancelation I've been informed that I'll get a refund. Till today (since march) I didn't get a penny.
RouteCaticlan to Clark
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I have chosen credit account"

Trip Verified | I have booked them for Trip to Taiwan and unfortunately impacted by Covid-19. So i requested for a refund. In the beginning, it is voluntary, and then it is a credit account request and finally, it is refund back to original payment. So I have chosen credit account while the refund back to original payment is not available at this time. Soon when refund back to original becomes available, i raised refund case again. Then i have contacted them many times to advised them i only need the last case progress, and they said: "don't worry, we will process the latest case under your account." Then they choose to refund back to the account, not original payment method, and now refused to refund back to the original payment method.
RouteSydney to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"satisfied with the services"

Not Verified | Singapore to Sabah via Kuala Lumpur. I canceled my trips with AirAsia, and got fully refund into the credit account. The procedure took me around a month to be credit into my AirAsia member account. Although those credits have to be spent within a year, but I am glad and very satisfied with the services.
RouteSingapore to Sabah via Kuala Lumpur