AirAsia

"you pay for what you get"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The flight and check in was as expected, dull, nothing flash, adequate attention from check in staff and flight staff. But I paid a small amount for the flight, so you pay for what you get. However the customer communication was awful, non existent in real terms. I needed to communicate with airasia about an amount they overcharged me. Their website and Airasia super app will only allow you to navigate a set list of questions and set answers. If your issue is outside those parameters, they are not interested. Their website and super app contains no email address or phone number to contact them about any issue out side the answers in the website. You keep getting directed to a "bot" called Ava. I managed to find on the internet 2 email addresses belonging to airasia. The response from both of them was "not our dept, Ticket closed". When asked which dept I should email, no reply. This issue has been going on 6 months now, it is not resolved. It is very clear that airasia wants nothing to do with "actual customers", I cannot comprehend how a company can still exist providing this non existent customer interaction and non existent customer servicing.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang

"endless frustration"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | If you want endless frustration dealing with an AI instead of real customer service, then this might be the place for you. It is almost as if this company intentionally tries to make it difficult so they don’t have to help you.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"Calling or chatting to human is impossible"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled by airline shortly before flight but refund not received. Calling or chatting to human is impossible and AI bot gives irrelevant answers but doesn't solve your issue. Then after that says my details can not be verified or time limit is up so cut you off repeatedly even if you try different ways to refer.
RouteSingapore to Bandung
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Terrible airline"

(Brunei)

Trip Verified | Terrible airline. The outbound flight is delayed 3 hours. For the return flight they rescheduled it really early in the morning. We got to the airport then we had a msg that it has been put back to the original time. Missed out on my hotel breakfast to waste 4 additional hours sitting round at the filthy airport.
RouteBandar Seri Begawan to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2022

"AirAsia booking policies are deceptive!"

Trip Verified | Warning: AirAsia booking policies are deceptive! You can search for the best ticket price for a route and think that AirAsia is the lowest, but one page before you pay, AirAsia adds a significant "processing fee" without warning such that you cannot compare AirAsia's ticket price to another airline! The only way to check for the accurate ticket price is to go all the way through the booking process and almost purchase the ticket. This is unfair and deceptive! Stay vigilant!
RoutePuerto Princessa to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"scalp you for every dollar"

Trip Verified | At every turn AirAsia try to scalp you for every dollar. Examples such as hoping you forget to check-in online so they can charge you additionally, purposefully allocating seat locations (if purchasing more than one ticket) in different positions on-board so that you're more likely to pay the 600THB (per person) to change seats and waiting to tell you last minute your meal option has been discontinued so you have to pay more to get a different meal. We expect more as consumers and preying on the technologically vulnerable is shameful behaviour.
RouteSurat Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"lousy way to treat your customer"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I book premium flatbed to and from KUL-Taipei, I spent over RM8000 for my wife and my tickets. We leave KUL on Christmas eve. The flight have been delayed first from 10 am to 1:30 and the gate was changed from one site of the large airport to the other side of the airport, we are asked to checked in but was usher to another room for more waiting. The flight finally left around 2:30-3:00 Pm for Taipei. At least we still have the flatbed seat we book to relax on the flight. Later on the return trip, the flight was delayed, and during checked in I realised the seat number are not consistent with my booking, so i asked the ground crew about it and was told not to worry as i still have my seat I booked .. it is a lie. We were shocked when we walk into the cabin as the configuration of the plane is different from our booking. there are no flatbed on this plane, up until now, no one have the decency to let me know about this changes. Later during the flight I asked one of the stewardess how to request for a refund for my premium flatbed booking and was told i need to make an online feedback on their website. I make the feedback after on the 3rd day after returning to KL and I didn't receive any email or message reply. last i check i have a RM400+ credit in my account which i assume is from that flight but i am not sure as i never received any response. This is a lousy way to treat your customer. I make a vow to myself not to ever fly AirAsia again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2022

"totally screwing the entire day"

Trip Verified | We had booked our return ticket from Bali to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur at 1.30 pm on Jan 8th 2023. We get a sms which states the flight is preponed to 7am reason not known. Our flight to India is scheduled at 7pm, no other flight before that. We are forced to stay in Kuala Lumpur airport till 7pm. Thank you AirAsia for totally screwing the entire day for no genuine reason.
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Bad experience of this airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | I am on a trip with family of 4 on a leisure trip. We bought a ticket on 6pm flying from Tawau to Kuala Lumpur. But was informed about the flight change to 8:40pm after few days prior to departing. To make matter worse, the flight further delay to 9:25pm after we checked in on departure date. Bad experience of this airline, avoid at all costs if you can.
RouteTawau to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"never get on these flights"

Not Verified | First Of all, their website and app are trash. then, there is their scammy add-on system where initially they suggest adding premium flex but without allowing change in baggage weight. Later if I want to add luggage I have to pay exorbitant fees. Next, their flights are never on time and are frequently rescheduled. The staff are unprofessional and uncouth. Even the flight's interior is not clean! They make false claims of allowing free rescheduling but add multiple fees which makes rescheduling ridiculously expensive. Please for the love of god, never get on these flights.
RouteMelbourne to Hyderabad via Kuala Lumpur