AirAsia

"I simply want to speak to a human-being to ask them about my refund request"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever. Last year, May 2020, our flight got cancelled due to COVID. Our refund request was validated. However, we still haven't received the refund. All other flights - different airlines - have refunded our money. A few weeks ago, there was light at the end of the tunnel - at least, we thought so - as we received an e-mail in which we were asked to provide our bank details so that we could finally get back our money. Note: it was explicitly stated that we had to reply within 7 days, which is odd as AirAsia does not reply to us at all. I have been trying to get in touch with an actual human-being for over a year now. Facebook, website chat, WhatsApp, all you get is AVA the chat bot. I provide them with my case number, my personal details and all I get is 'I am sorry, we could not find your details in our system', which is complete lies. I understand that the world has changed due to COVID, but all organizations seem to have adapted by now. I simply want to speak to a human-being to ask them about my refund request. Sure thing, I will never fly again with AirAsia. Short-term thinking, AirAsia.
RouteCebu to Manilla
Date FlownJuly 2020

"We’ve been waiting 15 months"

Trip Verified | Flight for March 2020 was changed and they offered us a refund which we accepted. Wasn’t a cancelled flight to do with covid or anything. It’s now been three months since I gave my bank details and was told my refund was validated and still don’t have the money back, 15 months since the flight. Also since this point it has been impossible to speak to a human being. Emails sent to addresses we once got replies on are being ignored, they have stopped responding to Twitter DMs. Their chatbot is the biggest waste of time and energy. It eventually gives you a choice to provide feedback and that someone will contact you back during work hours only for you to fill it all out and then be told it cannot be completed due to overwhelming volume. When we check the case status it says in progress despite being told it was validated in March 2021. Other airlines refunded within weeks. We’ve been waiting 15 months. I will never fly with Air Asia for as long as I live. When we were getting responses from “customer service representatives” we were met with hostility or else overly polite apologies which mean absolutely nothing to people such as us who are left out of pocket. Having the audacity to make it impossible to even speak with a human is disgusting.
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2020

"still waiting for my money back"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I booked & paid to fly KL to Manila in May 2020. AirAsia cancelled (Covid) so i started the refund process. This was difficult but eventually i got a human who gave me a case no. and a promise!! 11 months late after many emails promising that my case has been 'validated' or 'upgraded'. I am still waiting for my money back. The case no. has changed (upgraded) but was then closed with no refund, no explanation. The chat bot is a complete waste of electrons - just goes around in circles (designed like this of course).
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila
Date FlownMay 2020

"never use Air Asia again"

Trip Verified | Air Asia cancelled my flight (this seems to be more and more common with them), but did not refund the money to my credit card account. They have stopped providing any general call center services - there are no phone numbers. Instead, there is only a bot controlled chat function (online or app) that limits your ability to request anything except what they want you to request. No access to a real person. After a couple of glitches involving the bot, it finally found my records and transferred the refund to my member "credit account." Supposedly, within a limited amount of time, the credit can be used to buy another ticket from Air Asia. But there seems to be strings attached. I'll never use Air Asia again unless there is no other option.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownApril 2021

"Thieves, liars, no compassion"

Not Verified | I now see all the same reviews like mine. AirAsia is a thief. I asked for a refund following the pandemic which they accepted in March 2020. They have been going round and round saying it's in progress for months. Then closed my case with no refund. Thieves, liars, no compassion. Never ever again I will buy a ticket with them and you shouldn't either.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownMay 2020

"My wife had to pay his luggage"

Trip Verified | My wife and my son (1.5 years) took a domestic flight today from manila to bohol in the Philippines. Obviously she had luggage of 30kg prebooked, my son was not allowed to have his own luggage for checkin. My wife had to pay his luggage of 30 kg PER kg, which means 10800 PHP=200 USD. You just lost a client of the past 6 years.
RouteManila to Tagbilara
Date FlownApril 2020

" they refused my refund"

(China)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight last june. they cancelled (covid). Submitted a request for a full refund, waited 8 months only for them to cancel my case! No email, no communication on why they refused my refund! I cant get my money back. cant even get credit with them as compensation. They have made it impossible to contact a real person, only the stupid AVA chat bot. I paid for a service, never got the service, never got my money back.
RouteMacau to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2020

"refused to refund me"

Trip Verified | Air Asia cancelled my flights 3 times and refused to refund me after 6 months and offer me credits. By refusing to refund customers for cancelled flights is as good as cheating customers of their money.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2020

"an awful company with zero customer service"

Not Verified | Air Asia are an awful company with zero customer service. If only I’d looked at the reviews before booking. They make promises to refund cancelled flights but these refunds never arrive. It’s impossible to speak to anyone and the automated chat is worse than useless and just takes you round in circles. I finally got a response on twitter and a promise of a refund. This was then turned into a “credit account” and now nobody will respond. A credit account is useless as I wouldn’t go anywhere near Air Asia in the future. They’ve actually profited from covid as they’ve neither provided a flight or refund, which is disgraceful behaviour.
RouteDa Nang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by Air Asia due to restrictions caused by Covid in February 2020. I have been waiting since that time (eight months and counting) for a refund, as is Air Asia's legal obligation. AA have renegued multiple times in promises to repay me in that time. Now, despite not receiving a cent in refund, my case according to Air Asia, is now 'closed'. This is to inform Air Asia, that while the amount of money I have lost is not life changing, I think I speak for thousands of other former passengers cheated out of funds by you when I say that I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again. You may be desperate to stay in business but you have no right to effectively steal funds from passengers. I sincerely hope Air Asia goes bankrupt.
RouteChiang Mai to Hong Kong