AirAsia

"we had to buy new tickets"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bali. What a disappointing experience. We went to automatic check in. That machine worked for only one of us. The other one had to go to the counter to check in. Later once we already passed the customs we found out about not sitting next to each other and asked for a correction. This could only be changed if we were willing to pay extra. I asked if they could put us on an earlier flight so that I would be home sooner. This was possible but we had to buy new tickets!
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2019

" most unique personal touch"

Not Verified | Our flight on November 2 from Lombok to Denpasar became memorable only because of the inflight service. A talented steward serenaded the passengers with a most lovely original song that soothed and enhanced the flight. A most unique personal touch we've never experienced in all our years of international travel.
RouteLombok to Denpasar

"my last flight them"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta delayed by 2hrs 50 mins. This is my last flight them. If you have connecting flight this airline will get you in trouble. This airline seems to attract people attracted to low price and fly point to point only, where long wait in the terminal and extensive delays does not matter.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta

"utterly unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Tagbilaran to Manila. AirAsia is extremely gimmicky and unprofessional! I've flown with very many different airlines for almost 40 years now and I've never ever experienced such unprofessional treatment. They are the only airline that counts your personal/cosmetic bag as part of carry-on baggage weight. However, they only selectively enforce this policy so that makes them utterly unprofessional. I chose to fly with AirAsia for the first time because they had the cheapest cost for my round trip from Manila to Tagbilaran/Panglao, Bohol in the Philippines. On the Manila, to Tagbilaran flight, my carry-on baggage and personal/cosmetic bag were not even checked or weighed at all, but on my flight back the customer service agent chose to enforce their stupid policy and made me pay an extra baggage fee. The worst part about this experience was that I was made to open and repackage my personal/cosmetic bag, carry-on bag, and checked baggage while I was at the check in counter. I was struggling to get the weight just right for them and a security guard noticed me struggling and whispered to me to just take out my laptop from my carry-on baggage because then AirAsia won't count it as carry-on weight if I only take out my laptop and carry it by hand. It's so damn ridiculous! Why didn't the customer service agent just tell me this and save me money, time, embarrassment, and frustration in the first place? Why did she make me go through all that trouble and money and time wasted? I also asked this customer service agent to let me speak with the manager and she just kept telling me "ok" or "they're busy right now." I also noticed that very few other passengers were made to weigh both their carry-on and personal/cosmetic bags as I were. This horrible airline is the worst airline I've ever flown on in my almost 40 years of flying all over the world on so many other different airlines and I will never ever fly with this joke of an "airline" ever again. If you want professional and fair service do not ever fly with Air Asia! They're just a gimmick and a huge joke!
RouteTagbilaran to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seats are quite comfortable"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou. The 2 year old A320 neo aircraft has a 186 seat configuration. The seats are quite comfortable, although legroom is quite small. The toilets at rear are very small. The taste of food is good. Our flight departed on time and reached Guangzhou 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Generally, we have no complaints on the flight.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Worst seats I have experienced"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. Worst seats I have experienced in a plane. Be sure to choose a seat that's possible to recline. The distance between the seats are tiny. Me and my girlfriend got seats as far away from each other as possible. Asked if it was possible to get a seat next to each other but no. Even I saw later that there were two seats next to each other. The Airasia part in KLIA is also bad, really crowded and not many places to eat/shop.
RouteHanoi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"ticket did not include checked bags"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. When I booked this low-cost airline flight online I saw no indication that the ticket did not include checked bags. I ended up paying $400 additional for checked baggage. Onboard the flight there is no free meal, no free water, no in-flight entertainment screen, renting a blanket is 10MYR.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"improve the service or good luck in the future"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | I flew from Cengkareng Airport in Jakarta to Changi in Singapore. There are too many bad things flying with this airline. I paid about $250 for a two-way ticket Jakarta to Singapore. At the website, I had to pay an additional $30 for check-in baggage. When I checked-in, the female staff were rude. No greetings and pretending to be busy like I was invisible. And them the flight was late. Scheduled to depart at 11.20 am. At 12.30 pm the plane was still on the runway waiting for take off. As a result, the flight was late about an hour arriving in Singapore. I had a meeting at 4 pm on the same day and I was late and it was embarrassing because they thought I was not punctual. When in fact, it was caused by Air Asia. And then, when returning home, the staff in Singapore were rather mute. They just saw us, say nothing and kept working. Hello? Are you human or robot? Can you talk? Wow? They call Air Asia a company? Even a 1 star hotel in Singapore does a better service. I would say improve the service or good luck in the future.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"One of the most lowest grade airlines"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Mumbai with AirAsia. One of the worst airlines ever seen who doesn't care about customers and who keep delaying flights indefinitely. Never ever travel by this airline as your important schedule is going to be gone, 100% guaranteed. One of the most lowest grade airlines.
RouteHyderabad to Mumbai

"they did okay service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur. I had a 3 hour-ish flight with this one. The check-in was not really fast even though it's self-service and there are many security checks. The boarding time was delayed for roughly 20 minutes. The food I had on the flight (teriyaki chicken rice and curry puff) was just average. The crew is quite young, they did okay service. Seats can recline, Legroom is terrible. The best thing you can do on this one is having a sleep. Don't choose this airline if you can afford any other options.
AircraftA320-200