AirAsia

"didn't give me the change"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. This is the fifth time that I flew with Air Asia. I've used a few other budget airlines and the services, seats, etc. are standard for any budget airlines - so no complaints. However, I made a purchase for food/drinks on Air Asia, the cabin crew would say that they did not have a small change & promised to give me the change later. On my recent trip from Colombo to Kuala Lumpur, they owed me RM4 and didn't give me the change (I forgot to ask them before I left).
RouteColombo to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Cabin crew were courteous"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Flight departed & arrived on time. Cabin crew were courteous but distant. Lucky enough to be sitting in an empty row although flight was more than half full. Short flight so nothing much more to add on.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Will choose AirAsia again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Chiang Mai. Both out-bound and in-bound flights were on-time. Very little or no turbulence experienced during journeys. This was very good. Check-ins at ground were fast and efficient. Will choose Air Asia again in the future.
AircraftA320-200
RouteHong Kong to Chiang Mai

"usual AirAsia flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Plane departed almost an hour late. Other than that, it was the usual AirAsia flight, with added comfort provided by the two seats next to mine being vacant.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"It was a great flight"

Trip Verified | Utapao to Kuala Lumpur. On December 16th I travelled from Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur. It was a great flight and very comfortable. I like the Pattaya airport a lot and it is very small and comfortable.
RouteUtapao to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2018

"had three seats to myself"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast. It was a great flight and very comfortable. The flight was not full and I had three seats to myself. I like the Gold Coast airport a lot and it is very small so customs and immigration is very fast.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast

"Enjoyed my flights"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Denpasar. Uneventful but fairly comfortable fligh . As much as such a flight can be comfortable. It helps when a flight is half full as ours was. Professional crew and as expected they will do anything to promote what ever they sell. If crew on regular airline would make water runs half as often as i have had the drinks sales trolley pass on airasia flight this would make flying more comfortable. On the flight to Denpasar we had what seems to be a new A320 from AirAsia indonesia , return flight on a very tired A320 from AirAsia Thailand. Enjoyed my flights, will surely use them again.
RouteBangkok to Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2018

"find our baggage missing"

Trip Verified | Sapporo to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur. We had to wait 3 hours after arriving in Kuala Lumpur to board our next available flight. We promptly informed the fly thru staff that we have a checked in baggage on our ticket from Japan to Kuala Lumpur which also needs to be transferred. She said it has been done. However we reached Singapore airport to find our baggage missing! Still following up with authorities for tracking my missing baggage. Never have had such bad service. They seem cheap but make up all their money on baggage, food, seat selection etc.
RouteSapporo to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur

"Low cost = no service"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. AirAsia is known with low-cost fare, but does it mean Low cost = no service? Other than Low-cost fare, Air Asia well known with flight delay, flight rescheduled, poor customer service. It happens regularly that the flight rescheduled on every single flight. Other than the Air Asia low price on promotion is attractive, you'll not surprise if you heard any bad feedback comment about how AA disappointing customer. I'm not the first one and I believe will not be the last one. How AA Customers support system fooling customer around? It must be a platform to train your patience. AA customer support system has 4 ways to contact Air Asia which are Live chat (24/7), call centre, Twitter(24/7) and e-form. I have tried 4 of them: Live chat (24/7): it has been removed - 26 Dec 2018 URL No Longer Exists You have to wait for average 1 hour on live chat queue to say hi to a live chat staff. If you miss the screen when the conversation started, you will kick out from the chatroom by livechat staff, when you check back the screen, it showed "thank you for contacted live chat". You have to wait for another one hour. Live chat staff could simply end your conversation without your notice, so even your question not yet finish,you will be kicked out by the staff again. Call centre: I have called to call centre from Malaysia at RM2 per minute! I wanted to buy/add-on/upgrade my baggage to 25kg (3 days before my flight), but it is no longer available on "modify" at the airasia homepage. The only way is you have to call them (yes waste time + money), otherwise it would me RM45/kg (not sure they increase the price or not) at the check-in counter. waiting time: generally 10 minutes. Twitter (24/7) the so-called "24/7" Twitter service is totally a lie. You can tweet them 24/7, but they will only reply to you immediately, most of the time a few hours or few days. (tweet them for 5 months due to my lost bag case). When the staff is free they will tell you Please wait for the investigation or there's not much they can do, please contact live chat/call/e-form. Live chat, twitter and call centre will push all the responsibility to e-form. Ask you to contact e form. E-form has annoyed and wasted my time the most. It took few days/about 1 month to reply to you, they could just reply sorry that they have done their best and simply closed the case straight after. I've created the same case for 3 times because the staff closed my case without solving my problem, but it is written in the email that my case has been solved, or you didn't reply the email within 7 days. Here comes the tactic: at first you can still contact the AA staffs, but after 3-4 emails, suddenly your reply cannot reach to the AA support team and this will end up case closed because the system shows that you didnt reply to the AA email. When you reply, a no reply email message will tell you that your case has closed, if you need any assistant, please send an e form again! I strongly advise you be aware when you book the AA ticket. The price is really attractive, but please make sure you add on all the bag, meal etc. For the locals, I suggest you check also the price from Malaysia Airlines, Fireflyz and Malindo.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"crew very courteous"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong. Traveling on Air Asia back home on Christmas day. KLIA2 was orderly, not too much that mad rush. Experience with the Premium Flex had been most positive, from check in to arrival. Plane slightly delayed by 30 minutes, which was minor. A surprising light load, with many empty seats, I had all 3 hot seats of row 3 to myself! Therefore, service is quicker and crew very courteous. The chicken rice was delicious. Rest of the flight was uneventful and relaxing. Overall, it's worth to pay that little extra on Air Asia.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Hong Kong