AirAsia India

"Overall a good flight"

Trip Verified | On this flight as my travel agency had performed a group booking check in online was possible just couple of days before the flight. However when tried to print the baggage tags at the airport kiosks, I was unable to do so. The check in desks helped to drop the bag and I was pleased to note that during the boarding process, the staff was ensuring that people board as per their zones and this also helped prevent overcrowding during boarding. As the flight was a bit on the lighter side, the crew made me sit at an emergency exit row seat free of cost which was really great as the legroom was really good for a 2 hour 20 minute journey. The flight landed also on time and baggage retrieval was also swift. Overall a good flight. Appreciated the gesture of the crew allotting me an exit row seat.
RouteKolkata to Bengaluru
Date FlownJuly 2022

"my experience was not pleasant"

Trip Verified | Vizag to Delhi and my experience was not pleasant. I booked international baggage and additional Baggage along with VIP for all 3 passengers. Other PNR only VIP. When I booked I had questions about baggage allowance showing 45kgs per passengers so called customer service (Twice) for clarification and suggestion for carrying 60kg per passenger. With the answers provided I was convinced and proceeded with the same. When i reached the airport at the check in counter the staff informed me that my luggage is overweight and i need to pay, initially i was trying to explain what's my understanding from customer service rep of airasia, immediately i was cut off by the line manager standing there in suit saying "how can you believe customer service guys and you must know". When I responded that i have call records he said ok lets play them now and listen to check in. When i was trying to play the record he again cut me off saying what exactly is my problem as i should be aware of baggage allowance policy and started laughing with his colleague. This was very insulting in front of my family as they felt very embarrassed to be treated like novice flyers. I responded saying I will deal with this later, let me get checked in and paid the extra money and while leaving the line manager along with other staff were murmuring and laughing. Soon one of the staff approached me, looking that we were upset, saying "sir we will do what we can do to raise a service note of what happened here" and apologised and left.
RouteVisakhapatnam to Delhi

"thankful to them"

Not Verified | Due to some unexpected scenarios, I came to airport few mins before the flight time and boarding time was supposed to be much before that. I was about to miss my flight but the AirAsia team cooperated a lot and helped me board the flight which was very kind of them. I would be thankful to them. I hope this kind of service continues for all the different airline carriers also.
RouteRanchi to Bangalore
Date FlownApril 2022

"allow normal size sports equipment"

Trip Verified | I’m glad Air Asia allowed my tennis racquets in the checking luggage without extra charges both ways Bangalore - Bhubaneswar. AirAsia’s policy to allow normal size sports equipment without extra charges is highly appreciated.
RouteBhubaneswar to Bangalore
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Will never choose it again"

Not Verified | Absolutely worse service. No customer care agent available to speak. My flight got cancelled because of some technical reasons by AirAsia India and i will get the refund amount after deducting 1000 rs from the total amount i paid. Regret to choose AirAsia India. Will never choose it again nor will refer it to anyone.
RoutePune to Kolkata
Date FlownJune 2022

"we will not travel with you any more"

Trip Verified | I have taken flight with my family from Srinagar to Pune I5 737. Flight details was there will be 35 minutes halt at Delhi airport and Pune passenger will not be allowed to off board. When flight landed at Delhi air hostess announced that Pune passengers need to contact ground staff. We were total 8 Pune passengers which include kid of 2.5 yrs and senior citizens also. Ground staff told us that we have to off board and take another flight of AirAsia which will take off at 22.50 and handed us another ticket. The Srinagar flight landed at 22.20 then they take us from bus to exit and asked us to go from internal transfer with again all handbag checking. At ticket scanning the new tickets which they handed from that 2 tickets were not scanning and throwing some error in their system. So we have to wait there for 10 minute to get the clearance. After that ground staff was asking us to run till gate number 49 to get into another flight. With us as mention having senior citizens and also a kid, literally we had to run with all our hand bags. At gate 49 AirAsia person was saying to us that previous flight do not have that much of capacity. This is the worst management I have seen till now they are not aware about their flight capacity and asking passengers to take another flight in mid of journey. Thank you Air Asia for this pathetic experience and we will not travel with you any more.
RoutePune to Srinagar
Date FlownJune 2022

"very serious concern about baggage"

Trip Verified | I strongly recommend not to use AirAsia India. I have to raise a very serious concern about baggage. On 21st May we two families landed Srinagar at 1:30 pm, out of our 6 bags 1 bag was missing on the belt, upon asking they said bag was left behind for scanning it will come in next flight, after several follow up they delivered the bag to , me at hotel but the bag lock was tampered, bag got damaged for which I have sent email to nodal officer but the reply I got from them was asking age of the bag, invoice of the bag, that means they can do this by compensating by age of the bag which I have used only 3rd time.
RoutePune to Srinagar via Delhi
Date FlownMay 2022

"for the first time and now I really regret my decision"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Delhi to Bangalore on 1/6/2022. I booked this ticket on 24/05/2022. Since I stay far away from the airport I choose the 9.30am flight. But on 27/05/2022 I got a message from AirAsia stating that they have cancelled my flight and they have re-accommodated me to another flight which is from Delhi to Visakhapatnam and Visakhapatnam to Bangalore but the problem was with the flight timing which is at 6.00am. If I need to get this flight I have to be at the airport by 4.00 am, which is impossible for me based on my location. I booked a premium ticket so I tried to change the date but I have to admit that I choose the wrong date in panic. Then I tried to cancel the ticket but the AirAsia agent told me that they can't refund the amount. It is their mistake for cancelling the flight and they won't refund for it. I usually prefer Indigo, I have never faced such problems but for a change I went with AirAsia for the first time and now I really regret my decision. I will never ever choose AirAsia again in my life time. This is opinion.
RouteDelhi to Banglore
Date FlownMay 2022

"Very disappointed with AirAsia India"

Trip Verified | I had worst experience with Air Asia airlines today with flight from Delhi to Jaipur. At check-in unnecessary harassment to my 14year old, first with ID, not convinced with Aadhar card. I had to rush to give money he asked to pay as compensation, as my child's boarding had started. I had no option but to give money. Allowed luggage is 25kg, which I clarified twice before doing online check in, this guy says only 15kg. Now again pay money for extra luggage. Very disappointed with AirAsia India.
RouteDelhi to Jaipur
Date FlownMay 2022

!"I am done with AirAsia India"

Trip Verified | I want to highlight 2 pathetic experiences of AirAsia India here; One is the latest one wherein my younger sister was forced to miss her flight when no assistance was provided to her and she was held back by the staff till 2.30 when she had reached the airport at 2.05 PM. No one had helped her by escorting her through the security check. My sister is 18 years old and was travelling to Srinagar, AirForce Station to my sister, I purposely booked AirAsia, because I being a Tata employee prefer Tata products and services and also my sister being travelling for the first time alone, I took the leap of faith in AirAsia. However, rather than getting assistance she was stopped and held back by the staff of AirAsia itself which led to waste her time and missing her flight. When tried to negotiate with the staff they offered her to pay them 8000/- INR for the upcoming flight. I tried to speak to one of the executives over the phone and she rudely responded saying that drop an email, I can't help. I am done with AirAsia India and would definitely make sure for everyone around me.
RouteDelhi to Srinagar