Air Mauritius

Air Mauritius customer review

LON-MRU-LON in Business Class travelling with our baby daughter. I have to say the experience was very good indeed particularly on LON-MRU. The cabin crew in biz cabin were excellent attentive and polite. The food was of a good standard the sleeper beds (although not fully flat recline to an angle of 170 degrees) were comfortable - I am 6'3" tall and could almost fully stretch out. Flights were on time outbound hours delay inbound. AVOD inflight entertainment system in biz class was good decent large screen in your armrest moderate selection of films to choose from. As a leisure airline Air Mauritius offered excellent value for money on this route compared to their only direct competitor (BA). Hold bags were priority tagged and did come off first at both ends. Our babies pushchair was also waiting at the aircraft door in both directions when we landed. Only slight let down is the Air Mauritius Lounge in MRU which is pretty poor and in need of a major makeover but a minor point in the overall travel experience.

Air Mauritius customer review

LHR to MRU return in September 2010 (both night time flights). Found the seats cramped and uncomfortable not all of the headset jacks worked. The Flambouant aircraft appears to be less tired than The Chamarel one both Airbus 340's. Staff were helpful and polite we also appreciated the cabin lights being turned off after dinner however due to the severe lack of padding in the seats my legs and posterior spent more time asleep than I did. We do recommend flying with Air Mauritius but not for such a long journey.

Air Mauritius customer review

Business Class (which was cheaper than I thought) in early September. No problems on the ground (though immigration at Mauritius a bit long winded) or in the air. Food wine and staff very good. Would have no hesitation in using them again.

Air Mauritius customer review

Heathrow - Mauritius return. Outbound flight was appalling. The legroom in economy is the worst we've experienced. As already mentioned in other reviews the IFE box is situated under the seats so severely eats into the already cramped conditions. Cabin staff were generally surly and rude. One stewardess rammed the beverage trolley into my husband twice and poured hot tea in his lap without acknowledgement let alone an apology. Headphones didn't work. Toilets where dirty. Inbound was a slight improvement. The cabin staff where pleasant.

(Mauritius)

MRU-LHR return A340. The flight could have been brilliant if not for one stewardess on the first leg. Chief Purser and other crew more than helpful and caring. Food excellent on both legs compared to a recent previous trip. Some issues with toilets. Recurrent issues with the seats. IFE the same old story but beyond control of crew brought my Ipad and enjoyed my own movies.

Air Mauritius customer review

I travelled with my family from London Heathrow. We found the seats reasonably comfortable our 4 year old slept like a baby the whole flight out. The food was just fine with my wife and I enjoying our meals and our son was very happy with his. For the return flight my son fell asleep at takeoff so missed the normal meal time. When he woke up midflight the Flight Attendents had kept his meal and were quickly able to provide it resulting in a happy child who went straight back to sleep. Thank you for a good flight at a good price.

(Mauritius)

MRU-HKG return - A330 on first leg ok with quite new plane. A340 on return a different story the plane is old. Outbound food was not to standard. Overall the service was quite ok respect the staff and they should provide good service. Return leg service much better as well as the food. The seats in Business are quite of a kind the fabric and the sloppy position pull you downwards.

Air Mauritius customer review

We flew from LHR in May and were appalled by the rude staff (preferential treatment to Mauritians) cramped seats with the IFE box taking up much of the legroom. The food was mediocre and toilets filthy. I have already complained to my travel agent (Sovereign) who to their credit managed to get a long response from Air Mauritius - sadly they didn't really pay much attention to my points and said how pleased they were that I'd been moved to a seat with more legroom (I wasn't). The staff spent the flight chatting at the back of the plane and passengers were expected to walk up to the galley and help themselves to drinks. I enjoyed the IFE - saw a few films which I enjoyed. We will go back to Mauritius as it is an amazing country but we will be flying a different airline next time no matter what the cost.

Air Mauritius customer review

Heathrow to Mauritius. Staff friendly however we paid £100 premium for 2 seats with extra legroom. Neither of the entertainment screens worked - in fact one was not even attached properly to the cable which had been previously taped on by an amateur. 11 hours is a long time without music or a film. Also for some unknown reason a passenger was allowed to sit in the jumpseat seat throughout the whole journey. This was unacceptable as she was right in our vision and took up the extra leg space we had paid extra for. The flight steward apologised and gave us name of the vice president of Air Mauritius customer services. When we attempted to contact him we were told that customer services would contact us via e mail. We are still waiting. This airline is not doing us a favour. We paid a large sum of money for the flights plus the extra leg room premium. Not happy at all.

Air Mauritius customer review

Mauritius to Delhi. I found the quality of seats very average in the aircraft. In fact even in business class one of the seats couldn't move back. Worst of all the main attendant was rude and unfriendly. She didn't let me see my elderly parents travelling separately in business class the whole flight knowing that they may need my help / assistance in spite of repeated requests. Very disappointed.