Air Mauritius

"What a let down!"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Johannesburg. Not only did the airline staff let us know that the flight 15 min later, 2 hours later and we are still waiting for our flight without explanation. As someone traveling with a baby and had to be at the airport at 5am I find the service absolutely ridiculous. What a let down!
RouteMauritius to Johannesburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"staff very courteous and patient"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Mauritius was delayed due to late arrival of the incoming aircraft from Mauritius. During check in we were advised that the departure was rescheduled due to the late arrival of the aircraft to Mumbai. We were also informed that because of this Refreshments would be served at Cafe Indiana from 05:00 hrs onwards. The ground staff were very courteous and patient and displayed professionalism while dealing with the passengers. I could see them interacting with the other passengers and again at around 07:45 hrs they made an announcement that those passengers who wanted more coffee/ tea and refreshments could approach the counter. Enjoyed the flight.
RouteMumbai to Mauritius
Date FlownDecember 2018

"food was appalling"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Johannesburg. The food was appalling, disgusting and it tasted like left overs from couple of days before. Canned food taste much better. Even the staff was speechless when I showed them how bad the food quality was. The only option they had for me was some Pretzels. I can only have Muslim meal and I was Not the only one with the Muslim meal option who complained on that flight. Too much for a coincidence to me. Purchased my ticket to travel by SAA but unfortunately ended up in the disappointing Air Mauritius. What a shame
RouteMauritius to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2018

"communication is appalling"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | The attitude of the cabin crew has improved. The quality of films has improved as well but the screen is abysmal so one cannot really see the film. Or for some passengers around me, their screens were not working at all. But what is disgusting with this airline is if there are delays and communication. The communication of the on ground staff is appalling - first they do not know how to handle angry passengers, they do not know how to keep the passengers updated and the airline does not have a CRM (all complaints fileId directly with the airline will go into a black hole - not even an acknowledgement of receipt). It is an unpredictable airline - if you manage to get onboard, service is ok but if something goes wrong such as cancellations (which happen very often) or long delays, then only God can help you. The only choice we have on this route (direct flight) is British Airways and therefore, if you have the choice, it is preferable to avoid Air Mauritius.
RouteMauritius to london
Date FlownJune 2018

"providing caring service"

Trip Verified | Paris to Mauritius. Amazing experience compared to my flight from Toronto to Paris. Smooth flight with a very soft landing. Amazing on board staff providing caring service. Food was excellent and breakfast superb. I am very proud to see the effort which is put by the staff to make the trip for passengers remarkable. Thank you for ensuring excellent customer service provided to travellers.
RouteParis to Mauritius
Date FlownJuly 2018

"service onboard was below standards"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Singapore. Flight was cancelled 3 hours before departure. No update was given to know what was the way forward - especially since a connection was involved. When you call Air Mauritius, the people were rude, and could not help at all. It took 7 hours of timeless wait on the phone, without someone to even lodge a decent complaint to finally get redirect to another flight combination, with inconvenient timing. They do not even get the emails right. No compensation for the delay - no apologies for the inconvenience. No miles, no upgrade, nothing. It's as if we need to be grateful that they actually redirected us, for a ticket which we have paid for! The service on board was below standards compared to the price, but I never knew that the on ground customer service was so lousy as well.
RouteMauritius to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"cabin service was outstanding"

Trip Verified | Mauritius to Chennai. Since the plane was overbooked, I was upgraded to business class. My first notion on the journey was that it would be a hectic journey as I has to travel overnight. But the attendants onboard the aircraft made sure to keep me as comfortable as possible. The seats were excellent, cabin service was outstanding. Staff was well trained, polite and professional. I would recommend flying in the business class on this airline.
AircraftA340-300
RouteMauritius to Chennai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"expected better treatment"

Verified Review | London to Mauritius. In July 2017 myself, my wife and 2 children aged 1 and 3 travelled to Mauritius. As a regular kestrel Flyer, I expected better treatment and better service. They are very child unfriendly. When we landed, one of our luggage was missing. This is despite the flight was the flight was delayed by more than one hour. We landed on a Sunday, and had to attend a wedding the same night. My wedding clothes and that of my wife were in that luggage. I complained to the staff, they could not care less and said I was not entitled to anything and was sent away. No manager was available and later in turned out that the duty manager on the day was busy attending to the Prime Minister's wife in the State lounge and could not be bothered about paying passengers. I complained to their customer service, and the service I received was poor. I wrote to the CEO and their Chairman. No response at all from them. When we returned to the UK 2 weeks later, two Air Mauritius Staff were travelling. They were being given business class treatment when they were travelling in economy in front of paying customers. I spoke to the cabin crew about this, and they could not care less. What they offered me is 5000 travel points, 50 Euros, and to use their lounge when I travel next which is pathetic to what my family went through travelling with them.
RouteLondon to Mauritius
Date FlownJuly 2017

"cabin crew was friendly "

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Paris to Mauritius. The food was good (chicken, fish and special meals). The entertainment on the plane wasn't good (little screen with 18 channels and you couldn't choose a movie). Another issue was the leg space, a problem when you are bigger than 180cms. The cabin crew was friendly and can speak at least 3 languages (French, English and a native language). When you have a question, they will try to help you with a smile.
RouteParis to Mauritius
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not good value for money"

Verified Review | I travelled from London Heathrow to Mauritius. I was expecting comfort but things have not changed. Customer service at the check-in desk was nice and welcoming. Customer service within the flight was nice too. Negative - Seat was very uncomfortable (for an average guy of 6 feet). Leg space under the seat in front of you is awful. There was a black box next to my feet. Arm rest was painful, food below average. Cold tea / coffee served and I had to complain. Entertainment was poor. The new movies contained strictly old movies. Overall, people only travel with Air Mauritius because it’s a direct flight however I have to say that this service is not good value for money.
RouteLondon to Mauritius