Air France

"I am unable to get a refund"

Trip Verified | I had booked a flight Marrakech to Istanbul Via Paris with Air France on early January. I have a Moroccan passport and I did check on the web site of France Government if I do need a transit Visa for my two hours layover and it appears that Moroccans do not need one. Air France agent refuse to process my check in stating that I need a transit Visa. I requested her to double check but she refuses to process my check in and confirmed that they will refund me the total cost of my ticket. I gave up and purchased a direct ticket for the following day. Since the flight date, March 4th, I've been contacting Air France for my refund and they have been telling me to contact Expedia. When I do so, Expedia is telling that Air France are responsible for their refuse and there is nothing they can do. They are also telling me that the system reports that I did not show up to the flight. I am not sure why this agent refused to process my check-in. Now I am unable to get a refund of the ticket and ended up paying another ticket for the next day which costs me way more because of the time frame.
RouteMarrakech to Istanbul via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"decided to postpone the trip"

Trip Verified | We had booked 2 business class tickets for April and decided to postpone the trip due to the coronavirus outbreak. When trying to make the change online, we inadvertently canceled the trip. I called customer service during business hours, waited for 30 minutes, and was then disconnected. I called back, waited another 20 minutes, was connected with the wrong department who couldn't help me and told me to call back the next day. When I called back, I was told that the "refunds department" had already processed a partial refund (half of the ticket price) and they could not reinstate our tickets. They said that the partial refund would take 4-6 weeks to process.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"went to Düsseldorf by train"

Trip Verified | Paris to Dusseldorf. I was scheduled to fly British Airways to London to connect to Paris, and then Air France to Dusseldorf on a No Baggage ticket. However, the flight was delayed four hours and so they transferred me to AF for flt 65 to CDG. I was not accepted as a passenger because my carry-on luggage (a laptop bag and a carry-on suitcase) weighed 20.2 kg. Air France asked me to pay them $50 to transport this, but I did not feel that a $250 charge per kilogramme to be reasonable, so I returned to BA and flew on them arriving at CDG at 17:40. My flight to DUS was at Terminal 2G and I arrived too late for my booked flight. Air France ground staff was uninterested in mitigating the misconnexion and demanded an extortianate payment of 300€ to be put on the next flight. Instead, I stayed overnight in Paris (59€) and went to Düsseldorf by train (139€).
RouteParis to Dusseldorf
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"will never choose this carrier again"

Not Verified | Air France have for the second time in as many trips cancelled my early arrival into Accra Ghana. A flight that was supposed to arrive into Ghana at 17.45 now arrives at 21.40. They didn't even have the decency to move the outward flight from the original 9.00am departure so as to minimize waiting time. So to recap, their proposal is leave at 09.00 to arrive at 21.40. For a flight to Ghana. Not Hong Kong, Ghana which is around 6 hours away. So their depriving me of one whole day in effect. That seems to be Air France's default approach, make the passenger worse off. The last time I flew with them (to my Father's funeral) they cancelled my Saturday departure and put me on the Sunday flight. Around an hour of phone calls later I was moved to the Friday service. And during that flight I never did receive the glass of cognac I requested post my meal. The first time I have flown with a national carrier and wasn't served cognac as part of the bar service. This time around, again I'm worse off. I will never choose this carrier again.
RouteLondon to Accra
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"substituted an economy flight"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Paris via Hong Kong booked for June 2020. Air France Sydney office used to be very helpful, not any more, and they don't answer their phone. So I had to book online, business class to Paris and back to Brisbane. All booked and paid for. Then I discovered that Air France had substituted an economy flight to Brisbane without my knowledge. I specified business on the web site, but only afterwards did I find that an economy leg had been substituted.
RouteBrisbane to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I cannot be more thankful"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Paris to Madrid. I was suffering a stong migrane at Paris airport. Luckily I had the chance to count on the help of a magnificent Air France member who made sure I got inside the plane and he took care of my hand luggage and talked to the cabin crew so I was carefully looked after during the flight. I cannot be more thankful to the whole Air France team .
RouteParis to Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"their very kind service"

Trip Verified | Paris to New York JFK. I sincerely wanted to thank the crew of flight AF 022 for their kindness and their very kind service. When I asked for information about the flight, they responded quickly and efficiently. The staff were smiling and kind, rarely encountered on other flights. I was touched by the certificate of the entire Air France team signed by the cabin manager Sebastien and the two lucky stones from Madagascar. Thank you very much for a wonderful flight! Je tenais sincerement a remercier l`equipage du vol AF 022 pour sa gentillesse et leur service tres aimable. Quand j`ai demande des renseignements sur le vol, ils ont repondu rapidement et avec efficacite. Le personnel etait souriant et gentil, rarement rencontre dans les autres vols. J`ai ete touchée par le certificat de toute l`equipe Air France signee par le chef de cabine Sebastien et les deux pierres porte bonheur de Madagascar. Merci beaucoup pour un merveilleux vol! Irene Damm
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to New York JFK

"a poor experience"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Birmingham via Paris CDG with Air France. Very average. Seat uncomfortable, old and shabby. Clearly showing its age. Leg room and recline ok. Inflight entertainment, very aged, poor interface, tiny screen, and poor selection of films and TV. No plug on the seat, and only a USB2 slot. Food, good selection, main meal and breakfast nice, good selection of snacks throughout. Minimal alcohol available outside of meal service. Airport: CDG full of rude staff. Overall a poor experience, rescued only by the fact that it was a pretty cheap flight.
RouteTokyo to Birmingham via Paris CDG

"were indifferent to me"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Frankfurt via Paris. Rude staff who were indifferent to me. Distributed snacks to random seats and omitted the rest. Onward journey welcome beverages and mail meal were served at the same time. Return journey: Snacks were skipped. Breakfast was the main meal, and cabin crew collecting the trash 15 minutes after serving. Seats were extremely tight. Calls for drinking water when going out from window seat was very challenging and went unanswered. My food was minimal. Toilet lacked hand disinfectant and hand moisturiser. Online check in was slow, and took me nearly 1.5 hours to check-in after at least 6 attempts. Paris- Frankfurt was worse, and the food included warm beverage and 2 biscuits or a croissant
AircraftAF217
RouteMumbai to Frankfurt via Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not award me mileage points"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Buenos Aires via Paris CDG. My Lufthansa Business Class flight from CPH was delayed, so they transferred me to Air France, so I could still make a flight to Buenos Aires. Of course, Air France was paid by Lufthansa for this. Now Air France says they will not award me mileage points because I originally booked on Lufthansa. So Air France claims that Lufthansa should award me miles!
RouteCopenhagen to Buenos Aires via Paris CDG