Air France

"no trace of baggage"

(Georgia)

Not Verified | Other than horrible seating for anyone with the slightest back problems or other problems which I might not be familiar with, the food is definitely not for most people’s taste. I’m not even going to elaborate on customer service. My luggage didn’t make it to the flight. Why? Answer: “you only had 1 hr and 15 mins before flights. This was my first time flying with Air France. I have another trip planned, which I hope to cancel. My delayed luggage was supposed to arrive 2 days later than my initial flight. (15th of August) it’s now 17th of August and no trace of baggage. I called and emailed several times. This morning I’ve been told there’s a car dropping off my suitcase at 1-2 pm. No action has been taken. They’ve stopped answering my calls and emails. It’s the time of a global pandemic and us, travelers, have to quarantine. I was left in a cold room. You guessed it, not a hotel; not any other place I’m familiar with. I have nothing. I don’t have my medicine, warm clothes, a blanket, the necessities. I can’t go out to buy stuff anymore. I filed a compensation form, too. They replied, asking for flight details and pictures, which I provided. It is now days later and I still don’t have answers. Phone lines not picking up. Horrible customer service. The worst experience ever and I’m not a stranger to flying different distances.
RouteGeorgia to Boston via Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"had the mask only on the chin"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Today as I boarded the flight, i am greeted by two gentlemen wearing on their shirt a badge with “safety/security” written on. One of them had the mask only on the chin, uncovering the nose. This shows lack of professionalism. These days more than ever, every detail is capital.
RouteBastia to Paris Orly
Date FlownAugust 2020

"no refund, no information"

Trip Verified | Our flights Paris - Palma de Mallorca were cancelled in April and I had no reply to my claim since then. We paid 350 EUR in February for these flights and it is now almost August. I feel scammed by Air France. Up until today, no refund, no information, no reimbursement even though we are theoretically protected by European consumer laws - they clearly do not care about these laws. Customers come last for Air France.
RouteParis to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2020

"my ticket is non refundable"

Trip Verified | I have been trying to get a reimbursement of my tickets booked for October 2020 and am still trying to get a resolution! 5 months later and numerous phone calls to be told that it is being processed, but have not received anything yet. I have started sending emails, and have been bounced around to every department that they have. I finally received an email today July 19 2020 stating that my ticket was not refundable! Nowhere on my documentations does it state that it is non refundable, in fact when speaking with the gentleman who booked our flights he stated that we could cancel and the fee would be 75.00 euro. I have been given in correct information from just about everyone I have spoken to. I have requested on numerous occasions to speak with a supervisor to be told in the email that they can not contact my by phone. I find that it is interesting they can request payment immediately but I'm waiting 5 months for funds to be returned. They have not offered any solutions, just a flat statement that my ticket is non refundable. I am writing this as I sit on hold which has now been for over an hour! Do not fly with this company, they do not disclose the truth, will not answer questions, ignore requests for information.
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2020

"answer that I should contact KLM service"

Trip Verified | My Kiev to Nantes via Amsterdam flight for the end of July was partially cancelled. No option to get cashback for the whole flight. No alternative proposed by the airline. Reservation was done directly through the site airfrance.fr. Flight is served by Air France and KLM. Search in Internet and on Air France site for solution: no solution. Search in Internet and on Air France site for e-mail or other digital communication service: no solution. Call Air France French support - after 40 minutes I got a person answered in English, which redirected me on other phone line. After 40 minutes on the other hone line the call is ended with no answer. Next day after 1 hour I got an answer that I should contact KLM service support for my problem. After 1 hour on phone I finally got in contact with KLM. They told that I should call another country KLM customer support.
RouteKiev to Nantes via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2020

"our first choice of airline"

Not Verified | My wife and I had plans to visit in March and April 2020. Do to Covid19, we rebooked our trip to August 17, 2020. Recently there was some mix up and our new reservation disappeared. We contacted Air France USA and they offered to reinstate the reservation or issue a voucher. Due to the uncertainty caused by Covid19, we decided to have the voucher issued. The person that assisted us was very helpful and made the experience easy. We are looking forward to visiting France in 2021 when things are more settled. We would like to thank Air France USA for the excellent service they provided. This experience and the service we received during our last flights on Air France, make Air France our first choice of airline.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2019

"well trained and friendly staff"

Not Verified | Vienna to Munich via Paris in March 2020. Exceptionally well trained and friendly staff, from the moment I arrived at the airport to the moment when I left my arriving airport. The food was outstanding for a short haul flight while my seat in the first row offered plenty of space. The only down side was that there was no jacket hanger (just put it on the middle seat), aside of that especially the quality of the food and the crew were outstanding. Also very flexible with additional/overweight baggage. Despite there being no monitors, the airline seems to offer an app for entertainment, which I did not make any use of.
RouteVienna to Munich via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I am overall satisfied"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | I decided to fly with Air France because of their reputation and quality of service. Moreover their price was competitive compared to other airlines. I had to fly end of April and return beginning of May. But as many other passengers my flight was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and had to be canceled by the airline. I understand that it is a force-major situation that has never happened before and I understand that they can't refund immediately the money to all the passengers. I was happy to get a refundable travel voucher so applied for one on their web site. My main review is for the experience with their customer service. The support staff in Bulgaria was very polite and helpful. I got all the necessary information and assistance from them. And although I had some feud up later with the support staff from their headquarter in France, I am overall satisfied with the customer service received. A week after exchanging e-mails with the headquarter I received my refundable travel voucher. I would most likely try to send it on another flight since I just postponed my trip and not canceled it at all. Had I have received a better customer service from the staff in France I would have give 10 of 10 rating.
RouteSofia to Tokyo via Paris
Date FlownApril 2020

"request for refund was denied"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Quito via Paris in September 2019. The plane left Frankfurt 45 minutes late. Therefore, I arrived together with 5 other passengers at the gate of my connection flight in Paris only 35 minutes before departure. At this point of time, there was no employee from Air France present at the gate. After a couple of minutes, two employees came back from the airplane (which still was there) to the gate. They told us that boarding is only possible up to 30 minutes before departure and that the plane will leave in 28 minutes, therefore we were not allowed to board anymore. A request for refund was denied. Reason for deny a refund was that the delay of the first flight was caused by “heavy air traffic” in Europe.
RouteFrankfurt to Quito via Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"complete and utter nightmare"

Not Verified | Booked flights for myself and family for March 18th. This airline is a complete and utter nightmare. Just got an email response to my request for a refund. Email just apologised for delay and hoped my problem was resolved! No it is not resolved. That why I was contacting you! They have taken my money, cancelled the flights and not given me my money back. Good luck getting through on the phone. They know nothing and can do nothing.
RouteParis to Dublin