Air France

"nothing by way of compensation"

Trip Verified | This review is similar to a recent one regarding very slow response time for settling baggage compensation claims. My luggage did not arrive with me on arrival to Washington. I needed to purchase some essential items, including clothing. I followed all the procedures laid out by Air France. Four months later, despite numerous calls and social media direct messages, nothing by way of compensation from Air France.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / 777-300
RouteConakry to Washington via Paris
Date FlownDecember 2021

"fighting since 2.5 months to get money from the airline"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | This has to be the worst customer service. They delayed every single piece of luggage in both directions. One of them was lost completely and now I am fighting since 2.5 months to get money from the airline. They changed the treatment from lost to delayed and simply closed the case by sending me 100€ which is below the worth of the lost baggage. Service Hotline is simply going to kick you out after about 32mins, WhatsApp Service is basically a bot and a person with a Copy Paste locked keyboard. They can´t help with any of the matters. Been pushed between resorts and Airlines and sub contractors (AirFrance, KLM, Delta, Pahaero) countless times. Nobody is responsible for anything. The claim tracker is absolutely useless as it is not tracing any of the actions.
RouteVienna to New York via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Zero responsibility"

Trip Verified | Houston to Paris. Please DO NOT FLY with Air France. They have zero responsibility when it comes to compensation for losses resulting from cancellations of their flights! I bought a ticket for December 29th, 2021 for a secheduled for the 31st of December 2021. Needless to state I lost all the money spent on a Tuxedo, shirt and shoes for being the bestman in the wedding as a result of the impromptu cancellation by Air France hours after waiting for boarding. When I got back to the U.S, I filed a claim on Thursday the 27th of Janurary, 2022 for compensation for my losses as a result of the cancellation. It took Air France more than three months to respond and say that because the flight was cancelled as a result of "technical issues" they would not be compensating me for my losses. NO phone calls! NO empathy! Zero responsibility! POOR service and POOR customer service!
RouteHouston to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"lack of respect"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Cork via Paris. I took the ticket with KLM and a few days after travelling, one of the stops I had planned was cancelled. They change my ticket with a stopover in Paris and the first thing: I'm still waiting for the difference between the ticket that I paid more for. They don't add the previous travel insurance to the new ticket. Air France sends an email that the flight is delayed a few days before and then at 1 am when the flight leaves at 6:10 am they send an SMS that is delayed another 40 minutes. Once on the plane, it was delayed another 40 minutes. No one explains why. Inside the plane, already arriving in Paris, it is going to land and a few seconds before this, it takes off again. Why? Nobody tells us anything. It gives me an anxiety attack not knowing what's going on, all the delays we had with this airline and the. Concern that I won't get to catch the other link and I get up to ask. I am dragged by the steward by the arm through the plane to my seat. Disrespecting me and making me and those around me even more nervous because we really believed that something very, very serious was happening since the stewardess' reaction was very abrupt. After arriving in Paris I had to run to catch the next flight to Cork. I arrive in Cork and they have lost my suitcase. I file the claim, they tell me that today I will have my suitcase, that they have sent it to cork because it must have stayed in Paris and still no one has called me, nor have I received my suitcase or anything. A disaster. I will not take this airline again and I will make complaints and claims until I get bored. Because the lack of control they have, the lack of respect, etc... is not even normal. | Cogí el billete con KLM y a unos pocos días de viajar, me cancelan una de las escalas que tenía prevista. Me cambian el billete con escala en París y lo primero : todavía estoy esperando la diferencia del billete que page de más.No me añaden el anterior seguro de viaje al nuevo billete. AIR FRANCE manda un correo electrónico de que el vuelo se retrasa unos días antes y luego a la 1h de la madrugada cuando el vuelo sale a las 6:10h mandan un sms que se retrasa otros 40min. Ya en el avión se vuelve a retrasar otros 40min. Nadie explica el motivo. Dentro del avión ya llegando a París va a aterrizar y unos segundos antes ee esto, vuelve a despegar. Porque? Nadie nos dice nada. Me da un ataque de ansiedad por no saber que pasa, todos los retrasos que tuvimos con esta aerolínea y la. Preocupación de que no voy a llegar a coger el otro enlace y me levanto a preguntar. Soy arrastrada por el azafato cogida de un brazo por todo el avión hacia mi asiento. Faltandome al respeto y poniéndome a mi y a los de mi alrededor más nerviosos todavía porque realmente creíamos que pasaba algo muy muy grave ya que la reacción del azafato fue muy brusca. Después de llegar a París tuve que correr para coger el siguiente vuelo a Cork. Llego a Cork y me han perdido la maleta. Pongo la reclamación, me dicen que hoy tendré mi maleta, que la han enviado a cork porque se debió de quedar en París y todavía ni me llamó nadie, ni recibí mi maleta ni nada. Un desastre. No vuelvo a coger esta aerolínea y pondré quejas y reclamaciones hasta que me aburra. Porque no es ni medio normal el descontrol que tienen, la falta de respeto, etc...
RouteMadrid to Cork via Paris
Date FlownApril 2022

"didn’t confirm our seats on our Delta flights"

Trip Verified | Three times they made the same mistake and didn’t confirm our seats on our Delta flights before our international ones. Had to spend part of my time on my vacation on hold and dealing with them to make sure it doesn’t happen on the way back and it still did. And they just said there was nothing they could do. The stress is not worth booking through this airline.
RouteDetroit to Barcelona via Paris

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Paris. Air France, economy class, AF 1889 March 12th 2022. The Flight Attendants are overall welcoming and helpful. The Airbus A320 has a clean cabin. The seat feels narrow, although it's mentioned that this is a 32' X 18' seat - better than the unacceptable 30' X 17' that many airlines (including Air France) dare offer, even on long-haul flights. Departure on time. Coffee or tea and one very thin sandwich. Arrival on time. Overall a good experience, mostly thanks to the welcoming crew onboard. However, as an Aeroflot (SkyTeam Partner) Bonus Member, I'm still waiting for the miles to be credited on my Aeroflot Frequent flyer account, I did mention the number on reservation and the number is mentioned on my boarding pass.
RouteBucharest to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Extremely poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor customer service. They want everyone to check in at the kiosk. Done. The kiosk asks me to see a customer service rep. I go to stand in line, the rep guiding everyone asks me to go to the baggage drop off line inspite of me showing him the message. I stand in the baggage drop off line for half hour. They cannot print my boarding pass. Then the rep from the baggage drop line tells me to go to the customer service line. So I go to the line, and lo behold the rep is standing there. After hearing my story and smirking he guides me to the customer service line. So now I stand in line again! For another 30 minutes.
RouteToronto to Dubai via Paris

"I got no compensation"

Trip Verified | My flight from CGD to ORD was delayed by 4+ hours due to a computer glitch on the aircraft. The flight crew then scrambled around to find another AF around the airport. All the luggage, catering etc. had to be transferred, and then we went back to the gate and boarded the replacement aircraft. AF emailed me explaining my EU rights to file a claim. After four months of processing, they denied the claim saying, I arrived to CDG from a non-EU airport. AF took over four months to process this claim. The reason thy gave was, they were busy. I got no compensation, and we were not offered any refreshments on the day. I'm not flying AF again.
RouteParis to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2021

"6 days now and no answer"

(Tunisia)

Trip Verified | I traveled to Boston from Tunis on March 5th, when I arrived to Boston they told me that my baggage is delayed and it should arrive in two days, its been 6 days now and no answer. I call daily and check online status of my claim everyday. They have the worst customer service ever. The last customer service person said that my suitcase is on the way and it should arrive on March 10 at 1pm, I called at 5 pm he said its in Logan airport and it will be delivered to me tomorrow. I called again in the morning I spent 1.5 hrs at the end they told me that my luggage is still in Paris.
RouteTunis to Boston via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2022

"service in Mumbai is sub-par at best"

Trip Verified | The A350 plane is great for passengers (comfortable and quiet). However, the service in Mumbai is sub-par at best and the service on board was not good. I was unable to check-in via their website - they weighed my bags at the check-in counter in Mumbai and they weighed by back pack and my carry on. I had 8kg more than their limit and they asked to me to either pay $200 to check it in or remove excess weight. I removed the excess weight but was still 3kgs over. I asked if I could pay for the extra (3KG) and she said we don't negotiate. The Ground Staff Manager was unwilling to even engage in conversation. On board they served the first meal within 30 minutes but did not serve any alcohol. The Stewardess said they don't serve it because it's too early and not served with breakfast. 7 hrs and 30 minutes later they served lunch, nothing served in between. I asked for a beer and the stewardess said no.
RouteMumbai to Paris