Air France

"nothing but polite, courteous"

Trip Verified | Delayed take-off by two hours from YYZ. Having waited for a while in Mumbai for my suitcase, I finally made it to the counter to file a claim. It took me 4 hours to get out of the airport trying to file a claim for the missing baggage. The Air France representative Mr. Akash was nothing but polite, courteous, and a star that worked under pressure. Whilst the process was disorganized and lacked manpower, he was single-handedly managing AF travelers. I hope they track and manage to deliver my luggage on time.
RouteToronto to Mumbai via Paris

"It was inhumane"

Not Verified | Paris CDG to Los Angeles. The worst flight I have ever been on in my entire life. We were given one meal at the start of our 11 hour flight about 1 hour in to the flight. The staff then provided nothing in the way of drinks or snacks for the next 9 hours. It was inhumane. No one should fly with this company and force them all to close.
RouteParis CDG to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2022

"return flight was changed so many times"

(New Caledonia)

Trip Verified | Paris to Amsterdam with Air France, KLM from Amsterdam to Tokyo and AirCalin from Tokyo to Noumea. I had so many issues, I am not sure where to start! First, my return flight from Paris to Noumea was changed so many times, I lost track, but it was at least 5 times. At least two times, they cancelled one leg only, but did not provide further information as to alternative flights. Other times, they provided an inconvenient alternative, and then it was almost impossible to reach a real person to select a viable alternative (3-4 days "chatting" through facebook - like a bad combination of email and chatting). After our last change, we got a new e-ticket and itinerary, only they never updated the real times. And we never got a message telling us that the flight had changed. As you usually do, we trusted the itinerary that they had sent, but we got to the airport just in time to get in. Lucky we had decided to get to the airport 4 hours before the flight, rather than 3. After running all over the airport, and no support whatsoever to get through the security checks, we made it just in time to board the plane - only to be seated and wait for an extra hour before the plane actually took off - because they decided to check the covid requirements during boarding! They found one person without the requirements, and then we all had to wait for the poor luggage staff to find this person's baggage inside the plane and remove it!
RouteParis to Amsterdam

"Plane was spotless"

Trip Verified | Boarding was on time, cabin crew were very friendly, flight was late for like 10 mins and the whole crew and pilots were very apologetic. Plane was spotless. Drinks, tea, coffee and cake was served on 1 hours long flight. For 36 Euro promo fare, very impressive flight.
RouteParis to Lyon
Date FlownMay 2022

"got nothing but the run around"

Trip Verified | My issue with Air France is that I bought a No fee change ticket and since trying to change my return ticket which is on the 8th May 2022 I have got nothing but the run around. As for a customer service it is non existent. I am in Peru and cannot get my flight from Costa Rica on that date and I did manage to chat with some form of humanoid/robot on their chat line via facebook, for 6 days messaging back and forth with no actual assistance whatsoever. Every time I suggested a flight or date I could exchange my ticket for they told me I could not do it. There is no customer service, no one to speak to or even email, and once they have your money you are hung out to dry. Hence they have taken £612 for a flight that is worth £300 due to the fact that they will not not honour their no fee change policy. I am not asking for a refund but to exchange my ticket for another flight. I have already stated that I am prepared to pay extra if it is a flight that is more expensive.
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"would not recommend"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Toronto via Paris. The first leg of our trip was really substandard. The plane itself was fine, but the cabin crew provided almost no service and were unpleasant, verging on aggressive. The food also was very low quality. The second leg of our trip was much better, with a pleasant cabin crew and much better food. The customer service has been terrible. We called to follow up on a number of issues and again encountered unpleasant staff who seemed to have very little desire to help and who were sometimes even rude. I would not recommend flying with Air France and will surely not buy tickets from them again.
RouteTel Aviv to Toronto via Paris
Date FlownApril 2022

"didn’t bother to put my bag on the aircraft"

Trip Verified | 1 hour flight from Paris to Newcastle, what can go wrong? I take no pleasure in writing this review, if you look at my previous reports most from memory are positive, a few bad experiences. This is the worst flight in my life, simple. Congratulations to Air France to achieve going from being my preferred airline to the last I would use in one step. The flight was not great, but not terrible, my seat had very little legroom but I’d just come if a Qatar Airways business class flight so maybe that clouded my judgement a little. Anyway they didn’t bother to put my bag on the aircraft. It wasn’t lost, they knew exactly where it was, in their home airport they could find someone to put it in the plane. Did they put it in the next flight, no. Did they put it in the next day? Air France chose not to send my bag today. They sent me an email saying they had the bag just after midnight so they had 10 hours to put it in AF1058 this morning. They didn’t do it. They chose to not send it. This is an airline that does not respect its passengers, I have no issue with airlines losing bags, it’s annoying but it happens.
RouteParis to Newcastle
Date FlownApril 2022

"nothing by way of compensation"

Trip Verified | This review is similar to a recent one regarding very slow response time for settling baggage compensation claims. My luggage did not arrive with me on arrival to Washington. I needed to purchase some essential items, including clothing. I followed all the procedures laid out by Air France. Four months later, despite numerous calls and social media direct messages, nothing by way of compensation from Air France.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / 777-300
RouteConakry to Washington via Paris
Date FlownDecember 2021

"fighting since 2.5 months to get money from the airline"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | This has to be the worst customer service. They delayed every single piece of luggage in both directions. One of them was lost completely and now I am fighting since 2.5 months to get money from the airline. They changed the treatment from lost to delayed and simply closed the case by sending me 100€ which is below the worth of the lost baggage. Service Hotline is simply going to kick you out after about 32mins, WhatsApp Service is basically a bot and a person with a Copy Paste locked keyboard. They can´t help with any of the matters. Been pushed between resorts and Airlines and sub contractors (AirFrance, KLM, Delta, Pahaero) countless times. Nobody is responsible for anything. The claim tracker is absolutely useless as it is not tracing any of the actions.
RouteVienna to New York via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Zero responsibility"

Trip Verified | Houston to Paris. Please DO NOT FLY with Air France. They have zero responsibility when it comes to compensation for losses resulting from cancellations of their flights! I bought a ticket for December 29th, 2021 for a secheduled for the 31st of December 2021. Needless to state I lost all the money spent on a Tuxedo, shirt and shoes for being the bestman in the wedding as a result of the impromptu cancellation by Air France hours after waiting for boarding. When I got back to the U.S, I filed a claim on Thursday the 27th of Janurary, 2022 for compensation for my losses as a result of the cancellation. It took Air France more than three months to respond and say that because the flight was cancelled as a result of "technical issues" they would not be compensating me for my losses. NO phone calls! NO empathy! Zero responsibility! POOR service and POOR customer service!
RouteHouston to Paris