Air France

"I really enjoyed the food"

Not Verified | I have flown the Air France’s Business class several times and that’s actually one of my favourite business class product. Especially for the seat which is great - try to avoid their A380s which are equipped with the old one. I really enjoyed the food and the crew was great, very friendly. The Lounge in New York JFK is amazing.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownMay 2019

"give you the voucher"

Trip Verified | Paris to Tel Aviv. I booked months ago, a long week end in Israel and Coronavirus arrived. Air France was very fair, on their website , they offered to cancel your flight and give you the voucher of the same value for another flight valid 1 year.
RouteParis to Tel Aviv
Date FlownApril 2020

"My experience was bad"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris. This experience was terrible. Avoid Air France at all cost. They’re taking advantage of the virus situation to have people pay way to much for an expected service that doesn’t match your lower expectations. My food was inedible. No entertainment on the plane, screens not working.They don’t even give you towels or hand sanitizer. My experience was bad, from beginning to end. I’ll never fly Air France again.
RouteNew York to Paris

"I never got to travel"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Oslo via Paris. I never got to travel. I ordered a ticket from them online on the 14th March 2020. Everything seemed in order and I received a confirmation that the booking was confirmed. I could also see that the amount had been reserved on my MasterCard. The e-mail with the confirmation did not include a lot of information other than a link to the details of my trip online. By accessing the link I could see that everything was in order. The next day, when my travel was supposed to take place, I checked the link once more, but this time nothing showed up. I just got a blank internet site. By contacting the airline, they informed me that my booking was cancelled by them. I had received no information about this from the airline. The given reason was that it was apparently not possible to order a trip from Egypt with Air France online within the last 72 hours before departure. Nothing on their website had indicated this as far as I could see and my booking had through. The man I spoke to had no solution to this problem, but told me I had to personally show up at the airport and order a flight from Air France and pay in cash. I told him I needed a booking to make sure I got a seat, given the coronavirus situation. He made a new booking in my name and told me I had to pay for the tickets at the airport before 22:00 p.m. I went to the airport very early to make sure I would get my ticket in good time, but at the airport there were no one from Air France. By calling them I got information that my second booking also had been cancelled (again with no warning from the airline) and that they wouldn't have personel on the airport until three hours before the flight, meaning not before 22:50 hours p.m. The guy I spoke to this time said he would make a new booking for me, but he could not guarantee that this new booking would also not be cancelled and he could give no guarantee for availability. This was "not in their policy", so he could basically do nothing. I asked him if it was in their policy to accept two bookings from a customer, reserve money on their credit card and then cancel the booking twice without giving any information or heads-up to their customer. A question for which their representative had no answer. I was not willing to take anymore chances of delaying my booking any further, so I booked another trip with Emirates without any issues at all. Now, four days later, on Tuesday 17th march, the amount is still reserved on my MasterCard. As a finishing touch, I might add that I had three friends who actually made the trip with AirFrance on the very same flight I was supposed to take. The time of their booking online? The very same day as I made mine, meaning, well within 72 hours of departure.
RouteCairo to Oslo via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no way I can contact them"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Oslo to Miami via Paris. Were supposed to fly the day after the US initiated the travel ban from Europe. The check-in didn't work, rescheduling didn't work and cancellation didn't work. I got the same error-message each time asking me to contact customer service. Tried to call two days in a row, but the Norwegian number didn't work. Tried to contact them on Facebook, but the response I got was that I could check in my hand baggage for free. Still haven't received any information regarding my flight, and there is no way I can contact them.
RouteOslo to Miami via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I am unable to get a refund"

Trip Verified | I had booked a flight Marrakech to Istanbul Via Paris with Air France on early January. I have a Moroccan passport and I did check on the web site of France Government if I do need a transit Visa for my two hours layover and it appears that Moroccans do not need one. Air France agent refuse to process my check in stating that I need a transit Visa. I requested her to double check but she refuses to process my check in and confirmed that they will refund me the total cost of my ticket. I gave up and purchased a direct ticket for the following day. Since the flight date, March 4th, I've been contacting Air France for my refund and they have been telling me to contact Expedia. When I do so, Expedia is telling that Air France are responsible for their refuse and there is nothing they can do. They are also telling me that the system reports that I did not show up to the flight. I am not sure why this agent refused to process my check-in. Now I am unable to get a refund of the ticket and ended up paying another ticket for the next day which costs me way more because of the time frame.
RouteMarrakech to Istanbul via Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"decided to postpone the trip"

Trip Verified | We had booked 2 business class tickets for April and decided to postpone the trip due to the coronavirus outbreak. When trying to make the change online, we inadvertently canceled the trip. I called customer service during business hours, waited for 30 minutes, and was then disconnected. I called back, waited another 20 minutes, was connected with the wrong department who couldn't help me and told me to call back the next day. When I called back, I was told that the "refunds department" had already processed a partial refund (half of the ticket price) and they could not reinstate our tickets. They said that the partial refund would take 4-6 weeks to process.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"went to Düsseldorf by train"

Trip Verified | Paris to Dusseldorf. I was scheduled to fly British Airways to London to connect to Paris, and then Air France to Dusseldorf on a No Baggage ticket. However, the flight was delayed four hours and so they transferred me to AF for flt 65 to CDG. I was not accepted as a passenger because my carry-on luggage (a laptop bag and a carry-on suitcase) weighed 20.2 kg. Air France asked me to pay them $50 to transport this, but I did not feel that a $250 charge per kilogramme to be reasonable, so I returned to BA and flew on them arriving at CDG at 17:40. My flight to DUS was at Terminal 2G and I arrived too late for my booked flight. Air France ground staff was uninterested in mitigating the misconnexion and demanded an extortianate payment of 300€ to be put on the next flight. Instead, I stayed overnight in Paris (59€) and went to Düsseldorf by train (139€).
RouteParis to Dusseldorf
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"will never choose this carrier again"

Not Verified | Air France have for the second time in as many trips cancelled my early arrival into Accra Ghana. A flight that was supposed to arrive into Ghana at 17.45 now arrives at 21.40. They didn't even have the decency to move the outward flight from the original 9.00am departure so as to minimize waiting time. So to recap, their proposal is leave at 09.00 to arrive at 21.40. For a flight to Ghana. Not Hong Kong, Ghana which is around 6 hours away. So their depriving me of one whole day in effect. That seems to be Air France's default approach, make the passenger worse off. The last time I flew with them (to my Father's funeral) they cancelled my Saturday departure and put me on the Sunday flight. Around an hour of phone calls later I was moved to the Friday service. And during that flight I never did receive the glass of cognac I requested post my meal. The first time I have flown with a national carrier and wasn't served cognac as part of the bar service. This time around, again I'm worse off. I will never choose this carrier again.
RouteLondon to Accra
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"substituted an economy flight"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Paris via Hong Kong booked for June 2020. Air France Sydney office used to be very helpful, not any more, and they don't answer their phone. So I had to book online, business class to Paris and back to Brisbane. All booked and paid for. Then I discovered that Air France had substituted an economy flight to Brisbane without my knowledge. I specified business on the web site, but only afterwards did I find that an economy leg had been substituted.
RouteBrisbane to Paris