Air France

"only allows 1 hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Paris to Nairobi. We arrived in Paris from Atlanta with Delta and while connecting to Nairobi we were stopped and asked to weigh our hand luggage. They confirmed the airline only allows 1 hand luggage. To add on it has to be 12kgs and not more. We had laptops, a few clothes for changing and the gifts from duty free, everyone was over 12 kgs. They forced us to throw them away because they would not let us check them in. They claimed the baggage doors were closed so no more bag check in.
RouteParis to Nairobi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"no one responds to me for a week"

(Afghanistan)

Trip Verified | The top of my bag was sheared off, the side has some kind of black tar or fuel melted on it that prevents the zipper from opening. My contents were practically spilling out on the baggage belt. When I filed a claim at the airport office, they told me I had to call by phone the next day. When I called the next day they said my claim number didn’t exist, so I had to start a new one. I explained that I’m currently in Afghanistan, but they insisted that I have to get a repair technician to examine the damage on my bag before a compensation decision could be made, which is impossible since I live on a military base. I was then told to submit a claim over email to customer service. I do so, and no one responds to me for a week. I’m then told that I have to call customer support in my home country. I’ve tried to reach them 4 times, each time I wait over 30min and never get connected.
RouteParis to Dubai

"delayed by 15 minutes"

Trip Verified | Miami to Paris. The 9 year old A380 looked dirty to me, a funky smell, dusty and ragged carpet. I was seated at emergency exit and my seat had limited recline. Also the flight arrival into Paris was delayed by 15 minutes.
AircraftA380-800
RouteMiami to Paris

"My food was terrible"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seattle. My food was terrible and the amount of drinks and snacks for a 8 hour flight was lacking. We flew delta going to Paris and it was a night and day difference, the flight attendants were rude. KLM was so much better from the point of customer service.
RouteParis to Seattle

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Paris to Cancun. I am disappointed by the poor customer service. My outbound flight was missed due to no reason of my own, the airline staff were lovely and understanding at the airport desk, however the customer service helpline was disgusting. I was eventually provided a return ticket free of charge as a goodwill gesture. My food onboard was terrible. I did not eat much apart from a muffin. My seat were uncomfortable, and my tv screen was broken. I submitted a complaint upon my arrival and had no response.
RouteParis to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2019

"B777 is fine but I prefer the A380"

Trip Verified | I chose to fly from Paris to New York via Air France because they were using the A380. However, after booking, the flight was changed to a B777. I had an overweight suitcase and a small suitcase to check. I paid 80€ for the second case which I could have taken into the cabin. When I got to checking in they weighed my large case and it was over 23kg. So I asked if I could take the small case into the cabin and use the 80€ to pay for the overweight case. The agent said she would check both and I would not have to pay another 80€. Arriving in NY my large case was nowhere to be found and after going to the AF desk it was determined that it did not get on the flight as the agent hadn't properly activated it. AF put it on the next flight and it was delivered to my my residence the next day. The flight was pleasant - I was in seat 39A which is at a bulkhead so it had lots of leg room. Entertainment and food were fine. We arrived at JFK early so we could not get a gate for almost an hour. The B777 is fine but I prefer the A380.
RouteParis CDG to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Air France does not care about their customers"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Air France service and customer support and would convince everyone to avoid this airline in future. It was not possible to reach support via phone (support line was not even posted on their website, moreover no one responded), or official app. Help desk was closed, though it should have been opened according to the opening hours. I contacted help via app to find out where other help desks were located in CDG airport, but I was denied to obtain any answer, I was told to find out it myself. My flights were delayed due to the strike in Paris, and it turned out once in trouble Air France does not care about their customers, and holders of Flying Blue loyalty program. I obtained new ticket for flight to Washington next day, but obtained no hotel to stay because of delay. Also quality of service and seats onboard was poor. Avoid CDG airport and Air France if you can!
RoutePrague to Paris via Washington, D.C.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"surprised to discover how uncomfortable the seats were"

Trip Verified | Disappointing experience in Air France Premium Economy. The arriving plane was delayed inbound due to mechanical problems and then had further mechanical problems resulting in more delays leaving Detroit. Gate agents did a reasonable job of keeping everyone informed. I had read poor reviews of the Premium Economy seating and was still surprised to discover how uncomfortable the seats were. They do not really recline but slide forward and finding a comfortable seating position was difficult. My wife did better since she is shorter but at almost 6ft I could not get comfortable in the seats at all. Footrest was basically useless. I managed to make the seat a bit more bearable by sitting on the folded blanket and the pillow provided on the seat. The "inspired gourmet meal" per the AF website was the same as regular economy and not that inspiring. The appetizer "inspired by the Business Class menu" was a meat pate that really didn't pair well with a vegetarian meal. The "chilled oshibori towel" was missing, replaced by a wet wipe tossed on the tray table. Service was minimal and indifferent with the crew disappearing right after the meal was served - there were no water runs or crew service for the majority of the flight. In general, the flight experience reflects what seems to become the norm. However, the Premium Economy hype on the Air France website raises unrealistic expectations. This flight was a code share with Delta and the Delta service on the Delta return flight was significantly better. All in all, the Air France Premium Economy product is poor and not a good value for money.
RouteDetroit to Paris CDG
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Overall a perfect flight"

Trip Verified | Overnight flight from Paris to Tokyo. Departure and arrival were punctual. Boeing 777 with what I believed to be the latest seating. The seat was well-designed giving me a fair amount of privacy. Food, wine and IFE choice were excellent. The FAs were very friendly and attentive (some might have found them too friendly but I appreciated it). Overall a perfect flight. I could not fault it in any way.
RouteParis to Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"treat passengers in very bad manner"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | I flew with Air France from Paris to Buenos Aires. They managed to lose my bag in Paris, which I discovered in Buenos Aires. After I filled a complaint they identified my bag, but don't want to send it to me. Air France is very impolite in communication and they treat the passengers in very bad manner. I wound not recommend that company to no one.
RouteParis to Buenos Aires