Air France

"reimbursed us for 15% of the value"

Trip Verified | We got to CDG airport 3 hours before departure, and we had to run to catch the flight. Long lines, some counters were closed while the ground staff was chatting, no sense of urgency from anyone. The supervisor was less helpful than the others. When we landed at LAX, we didn't find our luggage, and AF personnel had no idea of where it was. It was left in front of the house door the following day without even ringing the bell. We found the bag broken and unrepairable and AF only reimbursed us for 15% of the value for a new bag, with no explanation.
RouteParis to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"cancelled flight 15 minutes before departure"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | They have cancelled the flight 15 minutes before departure. They have booked me another flight without asking about my preferences at >than 48 h after the original one. After spending a lot of time listening to their music while waiting for someone to pick up the phone in Customer Care, they hung up the phone in the middle of my question without providing useful information. They seemed very bothered by the fact that I could have used some help.
RouteBucharest to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2022

"hasn’t paid any compensation yet"

Not Verified | We (a family of 4) made a trip to Hamburg in early July and had a stop in Paris. Our first flight had a 2 1/2 hour delay so we couldn’t catch our connection flight. In Paris we spend over 2 hours to find someone feeling responsible for getting us on a new flight. On one of the biggest International Airports in Europe! After a delay of 6 hours we finally arrived in Hamburg, where we recognized that all our 5 Baggage pieces went missing. We immediately made an AHL Report and headed to our Vacation home without any clothes. We made necessity purchases over the 17 day vacation because our baggage still was nowhere to be found. I made a Claim on the Air France Website for those necessity purchases on day 14 of the vacation. After 21 days I made a claim for lost baggage because the baggage still hasn’t arrived. After 28 days 3 of 5 baggages arrived at our home. The remaining 2 haven’t arrived now for over 3 months. The customer Support took forever to just answer and asking simple questions about data that already has been send over and hasn’t paid any compensation yet. They write mails in which they said you have been on a totally wrong flight on a wrong date. For example they wrote we have been on a flight from Paris to Havana on October 11. Somehow they even closed the claim for the missing baggage although 2 pieces are still missing and on the date of the claim 3 pieces have been already missing for over 21 days. Their Website states that after 21 days you’re baggage is supposed to be lost and you are qualified for a compensation. Never again Air France, worst experience ever.
RouteWashington to Hamburg via Paris
Date FlownJuly 2022

"comfortable and the service friendly"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | I had tried to upgrade from economy to premium economy online, but there was no availability. When I was already seating while the plane was about to leave, the flight attendant came to ask if I still wanted to move to premium economy and pay with my miles. This was a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed the extra space on this long night flight. The premium economy seat was comfortable and the service friendly.
RouteBogota to Helsinki via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2022

"regret not having traveled by train"

Trip Verified | An unreliable company, with careless customer service. My flight was permanently further delayed with nonsense announcements, culminating when Air France App claimed at 6h07 pm the flight was scheduled to leave at 5h15pm (see picture)! We finally left with 2h delay (for a 1h flight). No WiFi on board contrary to what was advertised before the flight and even on board. The cabin crew was unapologetic. No way to work or inform business partners at MPL of my scheduled arrival time. In-flight "business" meal consisted of nuts, one cookie, and a drink. I don't see the difference with "economy". Finally arrived starved, late, having lost my business day. Despite Platinum loyalty status and flying business class, all this was considered not worth any compensation by AF customer service. I regret not having traveled by train.
RouteParis to Montpellier
Date FlownOctober 2022

"The food and wine was extraordinary"

Trip Verified | I was very fortunate to fly business with Air France, first Toronto to Paris, after being bumped by WestJet, and taking a flight a few hours later, which was excellent. Then even better was my flight Paris to Vancouver, with the lovely and very efficient flight attendant. I felt her performance alone deserved attention for how special it was. The food and wine was extraordinary, no request was too much, and I enjoyed getting to try to converse in French. I don’t write a lot of reviews, and I usually travel Star Alliance, but for Air France, I’ll gladly make exceptions going forward! I will see Air France in business again in April, to Paris and Lisbon, I cant wait!
RouteParis to Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Would fly Air France again"

Trip Verified | Very Smooth flight. Seat space is very comfortable for economy, 81 cm much more than others offer. Good entertaining and nice crew. Free champagne and a nice dinner with several courses free wines and a pre landing snack. Only the snack was bad and only dry bread. Delay one hour but arrived on time. Would fly Air France again.
RouteNew U=York to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2022

"everything was so uncoordinated"

Trip Verified | New York to Stuttgart via Paris. I had a bad experience, on my flight from New York to Paris. Firstly everything was so uncoordinated, the flight got delayed, even the staff from the plane wasn’t in yet even though the boarding would be in 5 minutes. While we was flying there were many inconveniences. First the AC was so cold that I froze the whole time, secondly we flew at night (0:30) and people wanted to sleep but the lights from the airplane were fully on. It was a longer flight but we didn’t receive much to eat and when they came by with water, tea, coffee they didn’t asked me, just a few passengers.
RouteNew York to Stuttgart via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2022

"the best flight attendants"

Not Verified | We had the best flight attendants. They were lovely. Very attentive to the passengers, very friendly. We were on flight 338 on September 29 leaving Paris to Seattle at 14:15.
RouteParis to Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"call centre obviously doesn't care"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Paris. After being unable to make my journey and trying to rebook my ticket the customer service has been utterly terrible. They wouldn't offer a refund, instead offered to rebook and call back once the fees were calculated within 48hrs. This never happened, and when trying to check my flight details on the app and found there was nothing there - I called them back and was told my £825 ticket was cancelled. I have spent many days talking to various people over the phone having no clue, but at the same time scared to summon one of their supervisors who are always 'in a meeting' - it's been a month now. They now refuse to do anything about my tickets, constantly hanging up without offering any resolve, the outsourced call centre obviously doesn't care for the reputation of the Airline. I have never had this bad customer service with any airline regarding cancellations and rebooking/changing of a flight and I've been travelling to medical conferences and meetings for 50+ years. Unless you really have to, I would avoid this airline like the plague (I only took this airline based on my daughter's word and recent travel), they do not care for your custom, they don't even have any Air-France staff at the check-in desks in Heathrow.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Paris