Air France

"Very relaxed flight"

Trip Verified | Nice flight, food was OK. My seat 43H had loads of leg room. Flight was half full. Free Wi-Fi for message sending nice touch touch. Entertainment was OK .Nice staff & service. They left soft drinks juices & snacks in middle Galley for you to help yourself. Very relaxed flight. Alcoholic drinks were available at request
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A320
RouteBangkok to London via Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"flying like in the good old days"

Trip Verified | Wonderful flights, flying like in the good old days. Good food, open bar, friendly FAs, good IFE with lots of good films/music, even on short European flights you get a snack and an open bar. They even let me check my bag for free both ways. Fantastic.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A319
RouteBudapest to New York visa Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"my trip was pretty good."

Not Verified | My flight from Dulles to Paris was great. My flight attendant, was super nice and friendly unlike a few cabin crew. speaking to me in French like I spoke the language. The seat pitch was okay for me, lots of movies to watch, food was good in my point of view. I can't complain because my trip was pretty good. The flight to Morocco was the same, good service, good food.
RouteWashington to Rabat via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2021

"my baggage didn't make it"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | I went for 2 months to Nice, when I arrived in Nice my baggage came with me. In my return to Lebanon, my baggage didn't make it. 9 days now, I call daily and check online status of my claim daily. No news.
RouteNice to Beirut via Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2022

Air France customer review

Trip Verified | Yesterday Jan 25, we flew Colombo, Sri Lanka to Paris, a 10.5 hour flight. We were fed an OK meal about 1 hour into the flight. For the next over 7 hours we were not offered even a water. Nothing. And my coffee cup and my wife's wine glass from dinner remained in the cupholders untouched. For over 7 hours the flight attendants were non-existent. Many people around us complaining. No excuse for this on a smooth flight with no turbulence.
RouteColombo, Sri Lanka to Paris, France
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"great alternative to fly across the Atlantic"

Trip Verified | First medium-haul experience with Air France. This is part of a connecting flight from LHR-MIA via CDG. Check-in at LHR was swift, thanks to Sky Priority (customers flying Premium Economy get Sky Priority access). Due to COVID, check-in meant extra checks and formalities during check-in. All my documents were verified in less than 20 minutes. I received my onward boarding pass to MIA. This is my first medium-haul trip with Air France. The equipment used on this flight was a 10 year old Boeing 777-300ER. I was among the first passengers to board this full and busy flight. The cabin crew upon boarding were very friendly and warm. The plane was in an immaculate condition and was kept very clean. We left 45 minutes behind schedule due to technicalities and the crew gave regular updates. After take off, the crew sprung into action. They distributed a sanitary kit which consisted of a mask, alcohol surface wipes and hand sanitiser. We were told that unfortunately, amenity kits were not loaded on this flight and the crew were very apologetic. The meal service was swift but was done with care. Lunch served was good in quality but lacking in quantity which is the only downside. The crew were also very proactive with the drinks service. After the main meal service, cabin lights were switched off and were invited to help ourselves to the self-help snack bar which was adequately stocked with drinks and snacks. The second meal service came in a rather chic paper bag which consisted of a warm sandwich, a bread roll, a muffin, a chocolate bar, orange juice and a yoghurt drink. In addition, drinks were served again. For a 9 hour flight, the quality of the meals served was good but lacking in quantity. Air France could perhaps increase their portions when it comes to Premium Economy dining. The seat on this aircraft is Air France's fixed shell seat which mean that rather than reclining, the seat slides forwards so that it does not intrude your personal space. The seat was wide with good cushion padding. The pillow and blanket also appeared to be off higher quality compared to other airlines I've flown with in Premium Economy. The seat also came with a leg rest which was a very good addition. Now, there are a lot of negative reviews of this product but I would say that this seat is adequately comfortable for a TransAtlantic flight. My back did get a little sore from the seat sliding forward but I used the pillow to add some padding. I requested for an extra pillow and was given one without hesitancy. As we were flying during COVID, cabin crew and passenger interaction was very minimal to keep each other safe. However, I noted that the crew were very responsive in meeting the needs of the passengers from what I observed. IFE content was outstanding. There were more than enough new Holywood films available and a couple of French, Western, Asian and Bollywood films. In addition, the IFE offering also had plenty of radio stations and Album selections. In addition, the plan is equipped with an external camera. Air France is nowhere near a perfect carrier as there are things that Air France could do better in terms of its Premium Economy service which in my opinion would be: increasing portion sizes of meals and offering a bar service as only red wine was offered during the drinks service. Overall, Air France is a great alternative to fly across the Atlantic!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2021

"A pleasurable experience!"

Trip Verified | BOD-CDG-ATL: Was having some major issue with Delta Airlines on my return trip due to numerous cancellations (COVID in US) and decided to pick a return flight with Air France instead of Delta. In Bordeaux Airport, a gentleman working at Air France Sales ticket counter worked hard to accommodate me by finding me a good flight for my return trip and thank him for it knowing that Air France had to deal with many stuck Delta Airlines customers in Europe. For Bordeaux to CDG and CDG to Atlanta: Great cabin service and very nice/professional crew. Seats are bit cramped but this is economy. Strange or not but A320 domestic flight has more legroom and width than the 350-900 for the long haul. A pleasurable experience! The negative aspect is the lack of coordination between Delta, Air France and KLM regarding ticketing and seat assignments.
AircraftA320/350-900
RouteBordeaux to Atlanta via Paris
Date FlownDecember 2021

"poorly organised and poorly communicated"

Trip Verified | My first flight was cancelled last minute, causing me to be rebooked on a second flight. While frustrating, this sometimes can't be helped, especially with COVID and the winter weather. However, my flights were cancelled a total of three times, costing me $450 in COVID test fees, as well as $300 in hotel costs to stay near the airport due to the last minute cancellations and rebookings. Very poor communication from staff to passengers about what was happening with flights - we were sat for over an hour after the initial departure time waiting to hear what was happening, only to be repeatedly told we would be boarding "soon", followed by the surprise news that our flight was cancelled. It's incredibly frustrating to have to relay the messages back to my manager back home, and pray the next flight I book won't be cancelled. I understand that the current global situation has placed pressured on airlines, and I wouldn't be leaving a bad review over one cancelled flight. But to be told the flights will "definitely" be going ahead, and to be cancelled again and again, is frustrating and unprofessional for everyone involved. It also seems that very few other flights are having this happen to them, and even when I've flown during other points of the pandemic, I've never faced such poor communication and repeated cancellations. Staff were polite, but misinformation was still given, and everything felt poorly organised and poorly communicated to the staff left to answer questions to the stranded passengers. Airport travel is stressful enough, even when everything goes as planned.
RouteChicago to Newcastle via Paris
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Air France was very professional"

Trip Verified | I booked with KLM which was a nightmare. I was supposed to fly Air France SG to Rome and with KLM from Rome to SG but I changed my flight. Since my booking was made with KLM, it was impossible to get a hold of anyone when my VTL flight was cancelled and I was reassigned a non VTL flight. Air France was very professional despite my upset state and rearranged everything for me, and both my flights during this trip was extremely pleasant. The crew was very nice and helpful. I would next time just book directly with Air France. I would like to add that ground staff at CDG did a great job too. Thank you Air France!
RouteRome to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2021

"I did receive a full refund"

Trip Verified | I booked my trip 2 months in advance. This airline canceled my flight in August 2021 the day before departure with no notification (I had received my confirmations and itinerary emails reliably so if something would have been sent I would have seen it. I also checked Spam and all the Promotions and Social folders in desperation). I only found out when I tried to check in online at 5pm the day before and saw it was canceled. I tried multiple times to reach the airline for help and the line hung up automatically after playing a message about the wait time. I would have gladly waited to speak with anyone. Multiple online searches with this airline showed no other flights available to my destination so I had to book a new reservation with a different carrier at more than double the cost ($1400 vs my original $600!). I did receive a full refund of my original purchase price but the airline would not take responsibility for the fact that their poor communication forced me to spend double+ on this trip than was budgeted and it was not possible to cancel and reschedule this trip.
RouteBoston to Rome via Paris