Air France

Air France customer review

Flew to Lisbon last minute so I was not able to get a non-stop flight. There were two legs to my trip JFK-CDG then CDG-LIS. Before I arrived at the airport Air France issued us one boarding pass that worked for both our flights. Flight scheduled to leave at 7.15. However the morning of the flight we received a notification that our flight had been delayed 2 hours. Upon arrival at JFK staff were very friendly and updated us. Lounge in JFK was the nicest I have seen excellent food spacious and comfortable. JFK-CDG was aboard an A380. Boarding took place through two gates so did not take as long as I thought made comfortable by the fact that Air France was sensitive to the boarding time and distributed drinks hot towels and an amenities kit while economy was boarding. Staff spoke excellent English and announcements were made in both French and English. Flight attendants were friendly the seats fully reclined and the pillow and blanket were comfortable. Plane was clean and bathrooms spacious. Individual TV's with plenty of choice. Passengers kept well informed throughout. Upon arrival in Paris immigration took about 5 seconds. A little disappointed with the lounge at CDG. Flight to Lisbon delayed 40 minutes. Flight aboard a B737. Service on this flight was surly. Overall I would definitely take the transatlantic flight again but would try to avoid the CDG-LIS flight.

Air France customer review

Booked seat Paris to Singapore months ago 2 seats together with my wife. 7 days before flight they change the seats my wife and I on separate sides of the plane. Contact Air France who refuse to change our seats. 4 days before our flight we find we have no seats allocated and are told we may get seats together when we check in. What a terrible way to treat customers. Their customer relations service is abysmal. Will not travel again with this company and hope that this information will make other people wary of travelling with this company.

Air France customer review

Flew to St Martin from Paris. We paid extra for the 'Ocean' inflight meal (£12 each). For this we got a starter with 4 prawns and a small forkful of crunchy vegetables followed by small cubes of salmon and rice. The bread and cheese was the same as the ordinary meal. No glasses were provided for the standard quarter bottle of wine. I had to ask twice for a glass. No mineral water was provided as was with the standard meal. The dessert was a soggy tart pastry base with some lemon flavoured mush on it. Bearing in mind we had already paid for a standard meal in the ticket price and were paying extra for this tray Air France should be ashamed for ripping us off in this way. The standard meal looked better than ours and had a glass and mineral water. Do not upgrade your meal. French cuisine? No way!

Air France customer review

Flew Business Class from JFK-CDG-CAI-CDG-JFK. The Business Class seats were short in the reclining position so my 6' 2" frame did not fit. I had to sleep in the seated position. Food was fair. I have flown Air France in the past without problems but I will hesitate in the future.

Air France customer review

I was disappointed with the business class seats. Fairly uncomfortable! I don't understand the whole concept of sticking your feet into a cubby hole under the seat in front you. There is no real leg support and as the seat doesn't lay flat you are always sliding. The armrests are also hard and elbows are sore at the end of a long flight. Even the Air France lounge at JFK was disappointing. Run down and staff not very good at cleaning. The lounge at CDG was better but still not great. Overall I would probably reserve with a different airline for my next trip as the value simply wasn't there.

(Japan)

NRT-CDG-FCO and return. On the outbound I flew premium economy and the return business class. I have enjoyed Air France for several reasons the past few years on these long-hauls and this flight was no different. They are on time reliable and the food is good. Their premium economy seat and benefits suits my space requirements though as many have said the seat bottoms are very hard and there is no recline. If you're awake the entire flight no problem but don't think of sleeping. I upgraded for an extra fee on the return. The seat is much more comfortable and softer but it is not a flat bed and doesn't allow for sleep. The food was even more creative and delicious up in business but the mid-flight "buffet" is paltry. Flight attendants are usually very polite and efficient and I've never had a problem with language. One small complaint I experienced this trip was that they tend to cater to and make over the French nationals while being slightly perfunctory with non-French passengers. This is a mixed review but really the flights are smooth food good connection easy at CDG and I am booked on two more premium economy flights from Japan to Europe this winter. One last comment the flights and seats on long haul flights in premium economy are unique. The intra-Europe flights are always a let down in terms of seats. They are the same exact seats as economy. The only benefit being that you get a nice meal/snack and are at the front of the plane.

Air France customer review

Paris-Johannesburg Economy. A380 upper deck. Comfortable seats excellent entertainment program and the best food in Economy I have had in years. Everything on time flight attendants were offering water several times through the flight. Real headphones not the 50 cent cheapos that sound like a tin can. Again very good breakfast. Absolutely no complaints almost perfect for economy long-distance.

Air France customer review

I flew CDG to KUL (Kuala Lumpur) on B777-200. Overall a good trip with attentive cabin service very reasonable food and good wines. IFE very good with no system problems. Although I prefer the B777 over the A380 I find the seats in the latter too confining the seat does not go fully flat and its like sleeping on a gentle hill; you tend to slip down and have to regularly push yourself back up to the pillow does not make for a good nights sleep.

(Finland)

The flight from JFK-CDG was delayed about an hour and Air France insisted that 50 minutes would be enough time to make my connecting flight to Helsinki (in a different terminal). I insisted right back that 50 minutes is nowhere near enough time at CDG knowing I would have to clear security twice ride a bus and a train and then go through passport screening and one more security check. The A380 was nothing special at all unless you were in first class. There is no economy comfort you just pay extra to sit in the exit row. The flight attendants bring drinks and food exactly twice and no more. The plane is gigantic but somehow they really squished all those seats in there. I don't normally fly this route usually I fly with KLM through Amsterdam and I am always pleased with their service. Air France continually leaves a lot to be desired in cabin service the entertainment offerings were pitiful the seats barely reclined and the service that was there was awful. The one thing they did well was fix my connecting flight with Finnair - and Finnair recognized my Platinum status on SkyTeam.

Air France customer review

CAN-CDG leg of a SYD-CDG journey. The business seat (NEV4 so the latest version so far on AF) is OK in terms of comfort especially for taller people (shorter people may be frustrated in sitting position as they cannot reach the footrest). The main drawbacks are a lack of room for conveniently putting one's own belongings and lack of privacy (especially compared to the CZ business configuration which we had on the A380 from SYD to CAN which is great in terms of private space). Catering OK although no choice for the starters (this should be improved). Good choice in terms of drinks and possibility to access a bar at all time during the flight. Possibility to have a quick dinner service (without main course) thanks to a very efficient flight attendant; that was very appreciated on a night flight as we were keen on sleeping as soon as possible (and even more appreciated considering that the dinner service with AF is usually way too long). The IFE is a little bit poor and the user interface is not very friendly (the way of listing the movies for instance should be improved - it always takes a lot of time to go through the whole lot). The flight was perfectly on time both at departure and arrival. Globally a good experience.