Air Arabia

"charge me for my laptop weight"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Sohag. My bad experience with Air Arabia customer service on the boarding on gate, customer service of staff is zero. They charge me for my laptop weight. I tried to ask about their names they covered the tags. What a kind of customer service.
RouteSharjah to Sohag
Date FlownAugust 2019

"hand luggage was really ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Fes. Beware of the hand baggage allowance! They charged me 50 euros for exceeding the maximum of 10kg just by 3 kg. and on the same time the flight was almost empty! I didnt have any other complaints but the whole thing with the hand luggage was really ridiculous! The worst part is when I refused to pay 50 euros, the staff tried to bargain so I could pay 35 euros! Totally unacceptable and unprofessional on the whole. They were actually blackmailing me, without giving me the ticket to board if I i didnt pay for the 50 euros charge. And that was just for 3 kg more! I think rules are rules but when you know that the flight is not really full and you dont exceed the allowance by 10-20 kg, I think it should be acceptable that 3kg wont hurt anyone. I would never recommend anyone book with this airline rather than picking up a more serious one and more professional.
RouteGatwick to Fes
Date FlownJuly 2019

"better than expected"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Lisbon. I found this airline to be much better than expected. well cleaned aircraft, friendly flight attendants. On schedule too. Very comfortable seats. They sould increase their flights to Portugal.
RouteCasablanca to Lisbon
Date FlownJune 2019

"crew friendly & efficient"

Trip Verified | Marrakesh to Fez. The domestic check in was handled by Swissport and was efficient. The security screening took about 30 mins. The departures lounge was relatively compact and seating was limited. We were bussed out to the aircraft an A320. The flight took off about 10 mins behind schedule As it was overcast there was limited views of the Morroco on the 50 min journey to Fez. The crew were friendly & efficient and were quick to serve passengers that had pre-purchased food and beverages on the short flight. Air Arabia is a dry airline and no alcoholic beverages are sold on board. We arrived into Fez on schedule. Despite being a domestic flight were were required to pass through immigration who required both the boarding pass and passport. We waited for about 20 mins for our bags to be delivered.
RouteMarrakesh to Fez
Date FlownApril 2019

"the service was very good"

Trip Verified | Flew Air Arabia from Sharjah to Muscat (and back to Sharjah) as part of a visa run (UAE visa change). Really liked the cabin crew and on-board experience. Cabin crew were very well presented. A lot of the passengers were non-English speakers and I noticed the cabin crew were very polite and treated all of them with dignity and respect to help show them to their seats and put away their cabin bags. Plane was new, seats were clean and plane had a free-Wifi network streaming movie/TV programme (they called it SkyTime) which I used via my smartphone - it was fast. Bought snacks and coffee on board - nothing special but the service was very good. I am an experienced traveller and I really liked this airline and their onboard experience. I would fly with them again.
RouteSharjah to Muscat

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Sharjah to Colombo on Air Arabia in June. The flight was full but I was comfortable. The flight was about four hours long. I checked in online but my phone failed so got replacement boarding pass at baggage drop. I enjoyed the flight and will fly them again.
RouteSharjah to Colombo

"I will fly them again"

Trip Verified | I flew from Beirut to Sharjah on Air Arabia. Check in was easy as I did it on line. I showed my boarding pass on my phone to get through security. At the gate I changed my e boarding pass to a paper ticket as that was required. Although they loaded a lot of cargo we took off on time. I had three seats to my self and was able to sleep. I was given water and dates which were very nice. I will fly them again.
RouteBeirut to Sharjah
Date FlownMay 2019

"200 riyals as fine for the baggage"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I was flying from Hyderabad to Bahrain via Sharjah,while I was transit to Bahrain at Sharjah airport the ground staff of weighed hand bag & laptop was carrying on cabin then demanded to pay 200 riyals as fine for the baggage. I had no chance to debate with them because of their horrible attitude towards passengers. I suggest you don't waste your valuable time & money by flying with Air Arabia for their worst hospitality & cheap flight tickets.
RouteHyderabad to Bahrain via Sharjah

"Absolute disaster"

Trip Verified | Agadir to Birmingham. Not sure how this airline is allowed to legally operate?? They cancelled flights with no notice and cost us over £500 in additional costs to get to destination. They offered no reason, no compensation and ignored most of the communications between myself and them. Absolute disaster. Never again. They need to be banned from operating within the EU.
RouteAgadir to Birmingham
Date FlownMay 2019

"nobody let us know about cancellation"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | We bought two tickets from Prague to Kathmandu via Sharjah in November 2018. We were supposed to leave April 13, 2019, Ten days before the flight we tried to add some food and to change baggage allowance through internet browser. It must be said that their website does not work optimal in any of the internet browsers. We managed to change baggage allowance but no food. From that reason we log out and tried to add food later but we realized we don´t have access to our PNR anymore. We had still ten days to departure so we tried to contact their customer service via e-mail. Till now we do not have any answer. We contacted sales department in Prague by phone and also personally. They proved our PNR with conclusion we had cancelled both tickets in internet browser ourselves and the flight is full. We are still in shock. Two weeks of holiday, year of preparations for our big way to Himalayas, another friend waiting us in Kathmandu, services paid in Nepal are gone. Mainly, nobody let us know about tickets cancellation. If I wasn´t interested about my PNR, I wouldn´t know yet my tickets are cancelled. As proof they just reproduced conclusion of their IT Department in Sharjah. You have no chance to get in touch with somebody from their central agency in Sharjah. Mainly I would like to point out that I do not get any document confirming ticket cancellation. Welcome in modern times full of IT technologies where human being is a poor individual and those big fish use it for making money
RoutePrague to Kathmandu via Sharjah