Air Arabia

"refund is nowhere to be seen"

Trip Verified | My flight has been cancelled due to COVID-19 regulations. I insured the flight beforehand and asked for a refund. I received three blank, copy-pasted emails where it was clear nobody reads my requests, telling me I will get a travel voucher. After threatening the company with legal action, they agreed to pay me my money back within 90 days. 90 days (a long while, isn't it!) passed a week ago and my refund is nowhere to be seen.
RouteFez to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2020

"shocked at the unprofessionalism"

(Egypt)

Not Verified | I'm reviewing on behalf of my friend who I was with through all the stress and money lost by dealing with Air Arabia. In all my years in the travel business I am shocked at the unprofessionalism and sheer lack of empathy for passenger. Their condition of contract and other important information is non existent. My friends arrived through Milan to Cairo on 3rd July. It should have been from Naples but Air Arabia cancelled. Email arrived telling them their flight for their departure was cancelled out of Sharm El Sheikh on the 31st July. Air Arabia offered to go back on the 17th August. Nobody in Sharjah contacted them. My question was how were my friends to survive for 17 days. Another email canceling the flight on the 17th August. Rang Sharm airport who advised that there were no flights coming in from air arabia at all. So looks like they sold the seats knowing they wouldn't be flying in or out of Sharm. My friends had to buy 2 tickets with Egyptair yesterday to get to Cairo to catch a flight. They have to stay in a hotel for 2 nights in Cairo, I had to lend them 2000 egyptian pounds. Through all this their visas had run out and on arrival today in Cairo they were told they would have to pay for the visa being out of date. Air Arabia had the cheek to charge them for the seat increases on the two cancelled flights. This is not a covid problem, this is disgraceful. I live in Egypt and I know AA are based in Sharjah but their agents in Cairo couldn't care less. I'm disgusted at the behavior.
RouteMilan to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2020

"avoid this joke of a company"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Had a ticket booked this summer of July 18th 2020. Used this airline for over 10 years only to find out that I dont have a choice but the travel to Morocco instead of postponing until next summer due to uncertainties in regards to corona virus restrictions in Morocco. Company made it clear it was all about their terms and condition and showed no compassion towards me or my family situation. Highly recommended to avoid this joke of a company due lack of understanding for their customers. Furthermore, I ultimately choose to stay behind to be safe than sorry. Paid over £1200 and thats now down the drain. In reality, they only care about the money at the end of the day. Will never use again!
RouteGatwick to Tangier
Date FlownJune 2020

"model seems to be lying and cheating"

Trip Verified | Marrakech to London. I was denied boarding (despite being at the checking counter with my family well before checkin closing) because of overbooking on the flight to Gatwick at Marrakech Airport on 23/2/2020. The Swissport staff were rude and extremely unhelpful and just informed that there are only 3 spaces on the flight for the 4 of us- we were made to run around without any solution provided. The gentleman at the ticketing counter asked us to talk to the supervisor - who we had to find by asking around 5 other agents - The supervisor offered to rebook us on a flight 3 days later, without any accommodation or compensation (for something that was clearly Air Arabia issue - overbooking) which was not acceptable to us. Finally I bought myself a ticket on another airline and came home while my family members went in the scheduled flight. No replies from customer care email for 8 days now. The checkin agents on the ground were extremely rude and focussed on shifting the blame on the passengers rather than finding a solution. Air Arabia business model seems to hinge on overbooking and leaving passengers without any recourse - their business model seems to be lying and cheating. I would give negative overall rating if I could.
RouteMarrakech to Gatwick
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"rude and extremely unhelpful"

Trip Verified | On the return trip from Marrakech to London, I was denied boarding (despite being at the checking counter with my family well before closing) because of overbooking on flight 3O105 at Marrakech Airport on 23/2/2020. The Swissport staff were rude and extremely unhelpful and just informed that there are only 3 spaces on the flight for the 4 of us- we were made to run around without any solution provided. The gentleman at the ticketing counter asked us to talk to the supervisor - who we had to find by asking around 5 other agents - finally, we were offered a rebook on a flight 3 days later but without any accomodation or compensation (for something that was clearly AirArabia issue - overbooking) which was not acceptable to us. Finally, I managed to sort out my own tickets on another airline spending own money despite having a confirmed ticket for which I paid full fare with Air Arabia.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Marrakech
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"did not answer our inquiries"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Amman via Sharjah. The flight was delayed for three and a half hours and the employees knew and did not inform the travelers except at the gate, and they did not answer our inquiries, and when they started answering, one of the employees who offended his rude manner, his answers, and his reactions to the travelers responded, and whenever we asked him something necessary like your internet service to tell our people Or our work was refusing, and he says this why didn’t matter to me, then we asked for food, and he did not respond yet after 3 hours, and when I asked him about my next trip, how will it be programmed? He did not give me an answer, and then an hour later, he said, often, I will wait for the next flight for each of the passengers who will continue their journey until his arrival. تم تأخير الرحلة لثلاث ساعات ونصف وكان الموظفو ن يعلمون ولم يخبروا المسافرين الا عند البوابة، ولم يجيبوا عن استفساراتنا، وحين بدأوا يجيبون، تصدى للأمر أحد الموظفين الذي أساء بطريقته الفظة، وإجاباته، وردود فعله للمسافرين، وكلما طلبنا منه شيئا ضروري كخدمك الانترنت لنخبر أهلنا أو عملنا كان يرفض، ويقول هذا ليش شأني، ثم طلبنا طعاما، ولم يستجب حتى الآن بعد مرور ٣ ساعات، وحين سألته عن رحلتي التالية كيف ستتم برمجتها؟ لم يعطني إجابة، ثم بعد ساعة قال غالبا ستنتظر الرحلة التالية لكل واحد من الركاب الذين سيواصلون رحلتهم حتى وصوله.هذا أمر غير مقبول، ويستدعي التحقيق فيه، وحل مشكلات المسافرين، وأنا سيلحقني ضرر في أعمالي، يتطلب من العربية تعويضي عنه
Route Delhi to Amman via Sharjah
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Salalah via Sharjah. Worst airline ever travelled, flight delayed by half an hour in Chennai because of that I lost my connection flight to Salalah. Had to wait 10 hours for next connecting flight, didn't even provided a provision stay. This is second time it happened like this with this airline. I'll never use this airline again.
RouteChennai to Salalah via Sharjah
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"No internet, no screen in front"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Sharjah was delayed more than an hour. From Sharjah to Dhaka was delayed more than an hour too. No internet, no screen in front. There was food services from Cairo to Sharjah but no food from Sharjah to Dhaka (almost 5 hours), food had to be purchased by cash UAE dirhams. Very rude ground staff in Cairo, Sharjah, Dhaka. They do not consider that everyone pays for his/her own trip, so every passenger must be a valued customer for the airline. I will never travel Air Arabia next time for sure.
AircraftA330-300, A321
RouteCairo to Dhaka via Sharjah
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Pathetic service"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Pathetic service. I was travelling from Riyadh to Sialkot via Sharjah. The first flight was good but the flight from Sharjah to Sialkot was changed at the time of issuing boarding pass and without any prior notification. Total 13 hours extra was spend to at Sharjah airport.
RouteRiyadh to Sialkot via Sharjah
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never travel by this airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Sharjah was delayed more than an hour. From Sharjah to Dhaka was delayed more than an hour too. No internet, no screen in front. There was food services from Cairo to Sharjah but no food from Sharjah to Dhaka (almost 5 hours); food had to be purchased by cash UAE dirhams. Very rude ground staff in Cairo, Sharjah, Dhaka. They do not consider that everyone pays for his/her own trip, so every passenger is must be valued customer for the airline. I will never travel by this airline next time for sure.
RouteCairo to Dhaka via Sharjah