Air Arabia

"couldn't recommend Air Arabia"

Not Verified | Fes to Marrakech. Booked 7 weeks before travel, travel time changed 3 times, last time by e-mail at 18.55 the night before travel. Air Arabia charged extra for luggage. Each time they sent through new flight details, and each time the 30Kg luggage I'd paid extra for in advance disappeared. The last flight time was too late for me to travel, so I took the early train. Air Arabia have refused to refund me, and refused to refund the extra baggage I paid for, even though the extra luggage didn't fly. I couldn't recommend Air Arabia to anyone.
RouteFes to Marrakech
Date FlownOctober 2019

"told me that my flight departed"

Trip Verified | Coimbatore to Sharjah and had to catch the next flight to Riyadh, when I reached the Air Arabia staff for enquiry to understand how should I reach my boarding Gate he asked me to wait through the security check in line to reach the Gate-20 and I did without waiting for a second, when I reached the Gate they told me that my flight departed and when I reached the transfer desk I was treated as if I had missed the flight intentionally. I never expected such irresponsible behavior from Air Arabia staff in a international airport. It’s a complete mismanagement and pushing the blame on the passenger to shift the ticket cost to the passenger where the issue is from Air Arabia staff. Even when I was ready to pay for the new ticket the staff gave me a false information that there was no ticket in the next available ticket, but when I approached SATA they gave me a ticket seamlessly for 900 AED. I was shocked by irresponsible behavior of staff. There were three staff in the transfer desk counter a female staff and two male staff who all were rude and were repeatedly blaming me for the delay rather understanding that I was made to wait in the que by the AirArabia staff.
RouteCoimbatore to Riyadh via Sharjah
Date FlownOctober 2019

"overcharged 60 euros at airport"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Tunis. Bad service, overcharged 60 euros at the airport for no reason, staff would not let us board the plane until we pay the 60 euros which they poorly explained was because we were "late" even though 2 other groups of passengers were allowed to board while we were there. The plane was then delayed for over an hour. We paid for additional meals when booking, we never got those, and the cabin crew ignored our requests and our proof of order, we were then presented a menu telling us we have to pay again to get food. They ignored our official complaint on their website.
RouteCasablanca to Tunis
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"have never encountered an airline so incompetent"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | I am writing this with complete dismay, disappointment, shock, helplessness, and utter anger. If you know what is good for you, avoid this airline at all costs. I have dreamed of a Morocco trip since 2005. This trip is a lifelong dream. I've booked multiple flights in and around Morocco for October to November. In a span of several weeks, almost each single flight has been moved and re-scheduled. The last straw was when I received an email today notifying a flight change that will mean losing 2 days in Morocco and completely ruining the entire itinerary and losing some paid transfers and tours in the process. I am in complete disbelief as I have been traveling for 28 years and have never encountered an airline so incompetent. They have removed every single way to reach them. All emails are automated, you cannot contact anyone through email, and the number they gave to call is also not in service. I feel so helpless and our trip has been single-handedly ruined by Air Arabia even before it began. I have lost all hope and excitement for this trip and even if I somehow manage to find a way to adjust our itinerary, it will still not recover a portion of the trip that has already been paid for. This company should be banned because all reviews here have a horror story of their own.
RouteAmsterdam to Tangier Morocco
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"you have absolutely zero rights"

Trip Verified | 6 hours delay from Fez to Gatwick and zero compensation. Reason is that the company not registered within Europe. Avoid because you have absolutely zero rights. Even Ryanair is better abide to European regulation. Avoid avoid.
RouteFez to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Staff were very pleasant"

Trip Verified | Sharm El Sheikh to Amman. Perfectly smooth check-in process, our car seats for the kids were handled without fuss. One bag was 23kg but was not a problem. Contrary to some other reviews, our carry on bags were not weighed. We had a 10kg limit in any case. Staff on the flight were very pleasant. Although only an hour-long flight we were given beef shawarma - extremely tasty. Would use them again.
RouteSharm El Sheikh to Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"they couldn't care less"

Not Verified | This was probably the worst experience I've had with an airline. In hindsight, I should have opted for a full service airline even at the premium cost. Our flight was on the 22nd of August, Sharjah to Kuala Lumpur. We paid for seats up-front (in row no. 4) hoping that we'd be able to travel with others who place a premium on their peace of mind and convenience. I could not have been more wrong about this. As soon as I sat in my seat, a raucous, rowdy group of customers walked in and sat right in front of us in Rows no. 2 and 3. At first, it just looked like a bunch of young people who were flying to KL for a good time and they'd settle in after a few hours of in-flight fun. Something told me that this trip was going to be problematic, but I just chalked that up to older me nerves. Drink service started. Our merry band selected a plane load of coffee and Red Bull for dinner to go with some sandwiches that AA provided. Being an overnight flight, once service was stopped, cabin crew switched off their lights. As they say, the party started after the lights went off. The group on the left put on their reading lamps which needless to say is quite jarring and did not aid in anyone falling asleep in a 2 m radius. The group on the right seemed sober and some of them curled up to sleep. The others were high on Coffee and Red Bull so they were fully charged up. I went up to the cabin crew and requested them to ask this bunch to simmer down. It was about midnight UAE time and it is my belief that a paying customer is entitled to his sleep during the flight. To my surprise the cabin crew shrugged and said there was nothing they could do. Apparently, this was a group of 'bloggers' who were invited by Air Arabia to review the airline or its holiday package. The cabin crew supervisor went so far as to tell me to go complain if I wanted to and they couldn't care less. The shenanigans continued late into the night and at this time, my normally docile wife spoke up. We asked them respectfully to tone it down so that we could get some sleep before our onward flight to the next destination; to which we got a casual dismissal and was yelled back at. Cabin crew came to calm down the situation, which was the best they could do. After this incident, their belligerence was unfettered for the reminder of the flight. The laughing and the talking were louder and unbelievably uncivilized. In effect, I paid additional to be harassed by a bunch of low-life thugs aided and abetted by the service provider. We were rendered powerless by an apathetic cabin crew and an airline that frankly does not give two hoots about the rights of its paying passengers. I have been flying Air Arabia since its inception, but I am completely done now. A loss of one customer means nothing to Air Arabia but it is my hope that reading reviews like this would give people an idea of the kind of people they give their money to.
RouteSharjah to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"charge me for my laptop weight"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Sohag. My bad experience with Air Arabia customer service on the boarding on gate, customer service of staff is zero. They charge me for my laptop weight. I tried to ask about their names they covered the tags. What a kind of customer service.
RouteSharjah to Sohag
Date FlownAugust 2019

"hand luggage was really ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Fes. Beware of the hand baggage allowance! They charged me 50 euros for exceeding the maximum of 10kg just by 3 kg. and on the same time the flight was almost empty! I didnt have any other complaints but the whole thing with the hand luggage was really ridiculous! The worst part is when I refused to pay 50 euros, the staff tried to bargain so I could pay 35 euros! Totally unacceptable and unprofessional on the whole. They were actually blackmailing me, without giving me the ticket to board if I i didnt pay for the 50 euros charge. And that was just for 3 kg more! I think rules are rules but when you know that the flight is not really full and you dont exceed the allowance by 10-20 kg, I think it should be acceptable that 3kg wont hurt anyone. I would never recommend anyone book with this airline rather than picking up a more serious one and more professional.
RouteGatwick to Fes
Date FlownJuly 2019

"better than expected"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Lisbon. I found this airline to be much better than expected. well cleaned aircraft, friendly flight attendants. On schedule too. Very comfortable seats. They sould increase their flights to Portugal.
RouteCasablanca to Lisbon