Aeromexico

"Mean and unkind employees"

Trip Verified | Terrible service. Mean and unkind employees. Left me waiting 46 minutes to find a wheelchair. Doesn’t have enough staff to operate wheelchair or check everyone in. Horrible food.
RouteVancouver to Torreon via Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2022

"It is the worst airline"

(Ecuador)

Not Verified | Lines of an hour and a half to be able to check the luggage, more than 35 minutes of waiting to be able to get off the plane and take my connection to my country, delayed flights and consequently loss of connections with themselves. Staff unable to provide support and solutions. They play with people's time because of their lack of competence. The supervisors will try not to compensate you and after receiving 20 people with the same case they redirect you to schedule your new flight. They send you to the furthest hotel (50 min) and are inflexible in giving you an alternative. An incredible lack of empathy, attention and service! It is the worst airline. Filas de una hora y media para poder chequear el equipaje, más de 35 minutos de espera para poder bajar del avión y tomar mi conexión hacia mi país, retrasó de vuelos y en consecuencia pérdida de las conexiones con ellos mismos. Personal incapacitado para brindar soporte y soluciones. Juegan con el tiempo de las personas por su falta de competencia. Los supervisores intentarán no compensarte y luego de recibir a 20 personas con el mismo caso te redireccionan para programar tu nuevo vuelo. Te envían al hotel más lejano (50 min) y son inflexibles en darte una alternativa. Una falta de empatía increíble, de atención y servicio! Es la peor aerolínea
RouteMonterrey to Quito via México
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Such a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico just kicked us out of the plane right at the plane door, eventually, we are done boarding check and have a ticket on hand. It’s unbelievable! Our flight from Mexico City to Vancouver on July 3, 2022 , flight number Am694, we are a couple. The flight was supposed to take off at 1:30 am July 3 but they delayed until 6 am. It means we already waited here for 4,5 hours - the whole night for the flight. At the boarding time, they just pulled us back and said that they need to check our passports, so we had to wait at the boarding station for 10 mins for their checking. We didn't know what they were doing, then we were released for heading to the plane. When we were about to get into the plane, right in front of the plane door, one of the staff just stopped us and said that he need to check if there were available seats for us. We did our check-in 14 hours ago and we got a ticket here, we got the seat number here and you did the checking, what do u mean u need to check if there were available seats for us. We waited there for another 10 mins and they just shut the plane door, right in front of us, left us there and the plane took off. We were so shocked by what was happening and couldn't believe what they did. The manager came and said that there was an error in our reservation so they could not let us board the plane. They will transfer us to the next flight without any other explanation. And we had to wait here another 3 hours for the next flight. They gave us business class tickers for the next flight but we didn't need them, we had been in the airport for 11 hours already and we will have to be back to work right after the flight. When we backed to the boarding station, they already issued new tickets and already took our check-in luggage out of the plane. We guessed that they took our seats and gave them to ppl who missed their last flight or whatever. We didn't know the real reason. Aeromexico, they just shut the plane door in front of us, left us there, and took off. Wow! We were so shocked and mad at what was happening. The reason they gave us is a reservation error, the machine couldn't read our ticket Q-code. That was not our false and they checked our passport twice, which means if there was something wrong they should have known abt it. They just did it to us for an unacceptable reason and didn’t care about if we accept it or not. Such a terrible experience! This is my first time with AeroMexico and also will be the last time. You never know the feeling until they do it to you! Hopefully, my sharing can let u consider not booking this airline - a terrible service!
RouteMexico to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2022

"would avoid it at all costs"

Not Verified | I would avoid it at all costs. They are very disorganized, all 4 of our flights were randomly delayed, and we ended up losing a business class seat that we paid for and they never refunded us. No one from customer support is responsive, they lie and ignore your emails and questions.
RouteToronto to Cabo via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2022

"incredibly unprofessional and frustrating"

Not Verified | On May 16, 2022, I purchased 4 airline tickets from Aeromexico for myself and my family. In less than 24 hours, we had to cancel those flights. When we called to cancel, we were assured that a full refund would be issued in 7-10 business days. After that time frame, we called again. We were given confirmation numbers of the cancellation, the refund amount and again assured that a refund would be issued within 2 weeks. We called again after the two weeks and were told that the refund was already issued and my bank must be holding it. I work at the bank and knew this to be false information but I called the bank anyway for due diligence. The bank assured me that no refund was being held and there were no pending deposits. So, I called again! This time we were told that the refund was issued and would hit our bank within 3-4 weeks. Now, we are at 36 days and counting. This is incredibly unprofessional and frustrating. We receive a different response every time we call. The only consistency is that we are told the refund is issued. The total amount is $1458.07. They've given us this number several times. That is a lot of money to be held interest free for over a month.
RouteSan Antonio to San Jose via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2022

"never fly with Aeromexico again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with Aeromexico again. Hardly speaks English. Customer service is very bad. I was not able to get my luggage even after 72 hours. No tracing no help tracing them and no compensation. Their reps are rude.
RouteMexico City to San Luis Potosi
Date FlownJune 2022

"you’ll be delayed on every step of your journey"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Not worth it. An overpriced piece of garbage of an airline. The airline sells itself as being above the other way more economical airlines. The reality is that you’ll be delayed on every step of your journey, the staff will be rude and overall they don’t care about getting you on time anywhere. My flight was delayed in Amsterdam and then canceled in Mexico City. I have to wait 5 hours for my next flight. Ah and also my screen on my seat was broken. I truly regret paying for a 'nicer' airline. If you can avoid it don’t fly with them.
RouteManchester to Monterrey via Amsterdam & Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst airline I've ever flown"

Trip Verified | This is and was the worst airline I've ever flown! Our flight is 4 hours late and counting. They gave us noticed for the flight change when we were checking in to the flight and again when supposed to board at the later time. They promised to give us 600 pesos redemption for any food (except alcohol) at the restaurant. As soon as we got there they said that the coupon was only good for only one type of sandwich and a coke. Check-in bags are super overpriced and we are overall extremely dissatisfied with Aeromexico! Just terrible! We will never fly with them again.
RouteHuatulco to Tijuana
Date FlownJune 2022

"communication is the absolute worst"

Trip Verified | I purchased a business class ticket for Sunday with a return on Friday from Medellin Colombia to San Antonio, Texas, USA. I had the times confused with 12:30 am being at night and I figured out my mistake, luckily it was the afternoon and the flight was delayed but while I was at the airport I was held up and was late for the first flight. Not only was my first flight missed, but Aeromexico also canceled my second flight for no show. I had to rebook my flight for Personal instead of Business (it was a full flight) and that flight on Friday was over 3 hours late. We were supposed to leave at 6:15 pm but ended up leaving at 9:30 pm. I can understand missing my first flight, I got confused between 12:30 am and 12:30 pm and when I realized my mistake I arrived a little too late. I understand this, but then my second flight was canceled and Aeromexico was 3+ hours late on their flight return flight and also very late on their flight out that I missed and thought was Sunday night, not Saturday afternoon. I accept missing the first flight but I would have liked my 2nd flight to be refunded. It was a full flight so there was no money lost on Aeromexico's end and in fact, I paid more for the second flight. I don't feel it's fair that the airline canceled my second flight even though I flew out of Medellin a few hours later and rebooked the same ticket through you the same day. It feels very unfair I get punished so heavily for being late but when Aeromexico is late on both flights there is no issue on their end. I've been a very good customer, I have only been late to a flight one other time in my life. I am totally okay with losing the first flight but feel it is very unfair to lose my 2nd flight, especially since the return flight was full, the outgoing and return flight was very late (3+ hours), I booked the same flight twice, the second booking was more expensive than the first, and the second ticket wasn't business class. Their communication is the absolute worst! I have called numerous times, the chat on their website doesn't work, and I have emailed them 3 times in the past month with zero response. I would really appreciate a refund on my second flight or at least airline credit because again Aeromexico didn't lose any money (in fact it made more since I booked the same flight twice for more expensive) and I arrived home very late last night.
RouteMedellin to San Antonio
Date FlownMay 2022

"No more Aeromexico for me ever again"

Trip Verified | AM0025 to Amsterdam was supposed to leave at 22:10. What followed over the next three hours as we waited in the aircraft were repeated announcements of imminent departures in 5, max ten minutes, the last time at 23:25. At 00:12, we were informed that our departure would be transferred to a different, shorter, runways which would require us to first reduce some mail tonnage and we should not expect to take off for the next 25 minutes. I think this was the only announcement during the whole flight. At 00:21 at least the stewardesses decided to show themselves offering passengers a glass of water, basically the least they could do. At 1:00, the mail truck arrived to remove the excess mail baggage. Eventually pushback started at 1:15, and flight finally took off at 1:35. After that service was friendly and consistently in Spanish, despite me consistently indicating that I didn't speak Spanish. Luckily I managed to get some sleep, but when I awoke I found that the entertainment system had frozen. I just read my book for the remainder of this awful flight. No more Aeromexico for me ever again.
RouteMexico City to Amsterdam