Aeromexico

"a complete joke of an airline"

Trip Verified | This is a complete joke of an airline. They disconnected on me 6 times for two days and issued me a voucher with the wrong date of birth that I cannot claim. Not only that, I have to prove to them that they caused the error to get the new voucher issued. I ended up disputing with credit card.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2020

"worst airline I’ve ever traveled"

Trip Verified | It’s the worst airline I’ve ever traveled with they did not transfer the luggage is from one aircraft to another one we had a stop in Mexico for my next flight. Their customer service is the worst I had to contact them because they lost my luggage and kept it with them for days the day I received my luggage they wanted me to go pick it up at the airport and I said no they had to deliver to my home. To my surprise when I open my luggage everything was missing in my luggage her luck they had open my luggage and stole a lot of stuff in there they left me empty-handed, and the airline doesn’t want to accommodate me and they don’t want to look into it. So don’t travel in this airline because customer service will not be held responsible or they will not help you at all. I had trouble before and the only problem is I had hat is it they have a lot of delays and other little things like those that I don’t care about but they stole a lock for my luggage I don’t even know how they opened it.
RouteCuliacán to Mexico via Monterrey
Date FlownOctober 2020

"experience was extremely poor"

Not Verified | This trip was almost a little sad, as Aeromexico have for years seemed to build a reputation as a quality airline. It seems however that the current economic situation is hitting Aeromexico hard and the service shows. Check in was poorly organized and I was somehow checked in twice (along with my two dogs) and social distancing was non existent in the chaos. Boarding was similarly poorly executed with distancing ignored and staff unable to create organization. On board the entertainment was good and Aeromexico has a good range of options. Food, however, was as bad as I have experienced in any transatlantic flight ... no choice just a simple pasta and pesto with a small bread roll (apparently times are so dire butter is outside of the budget). Breakfast was an inedible lunch Ivón croissant. Overall, while punctual and modern, the experience was extremely poor and it would seem Aeromexico is really hurting in these hard times. If you are flying from Mexico and can take another airline I recommend doing so, preferably also one with superior Covid 19 protocols.
RouteMexico City to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2020

"This airline is totally unreliable"

Not Verified | This airline is totally unreliable. First of all, trying to book a flight on the website is usually impossible, and when you try purchasing your flight over the phone, somehow, the flight prices are higher, even if online there's a cheaper price for the exact same flight. Today I wasn't allowed to check in and board my flight because I arrived an hour before the flight departure. I understand it's a policy to arrive two hours earlier, but I have never been left out an hour before the flight. As soon as I arrived to the desk the woman kept saying no without looking at me, no to everything I asked, even if her answer didn't make sense. I asked her to please give me a phone number and she didn't know anything. After I found one online and called, the person on the phone didn't know anything and said he couldn't help me, he could only purchase another flight for me. The staff are ignorant to anything there is to know about their job. I have never been truly helped by them.
RouteToronto to Mexico
Date FlownNovember 2020

"clearly they have cut corners"

Trip Verified | My past experiences of Aeromexico economy class have generally been very good but clearly they have cut corners to on long haul services to a degree which is unacceptable. The flight AM 004 from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Mexico City on the night of 31 October 2020 was fine in every respect but one: after five hours in transit at Charles de Gaulle the day after France went into lockdown meant one could not buy a drink, cup of coffee or food of any kind as everything was closed. When supper on board finally arrived after our 11 pm take off for a flying time of 11 hours and 55 minutes, it consisted of a small dish of ravioli, a tiny roll, a mini Kit Kat bar, a sliver of cheddar cheese and a small pudding. There were no vegetables or salads and there was no choice (usually there are two for the main course). More than 10 hours later breakfast came in quite a large box but consisted of a mini croissant butter and jam and a another mini Kit Kat bar. There were some alcoholic drinks on offer - wine, vodka, rum and tequila but no gin or mixers. There was a very poor and very limited choice of new films on their entertainment programme. Aeromexico staff are always respectful and pleasant but I could not hear any of the announcements from the cockpit or indeed any that were not pre-recorded because the volume was so low.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteParis to Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2020

"COVID policy is a pure lie"

Not Verified | COVID policy is a pure lie. I asked for a change on family tickets because my daughter is sick. They have me waiting 1h45 and ask me to pay a price higher than the initial price when it is very clear that planes are empty. I asked to talk to a manager, she made me wait 15 minutes more, then terminated the call. Total lack of respect, avoid at any costs.
RouteMexico to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2020

"My experience was perfect"

Trip Verified | When reading the bad reviews I almost decided not to book with them. But so glad I did. My experience was perfect. Staff was friendly and took all the needed measures to hygiene & safety by wearing masks and cleaning toilets multiple times during the flight. Every meal had a little bag of alcogel and all middle seats were kept empty. I had a stop-over in Mexico-City, without having to pick up luggage. It all arrived perfectly in my final destination! The inflight entertainment and the food are somewhat limited, but still good enough. I have no complaints and would even rate this flight better than several other American Airlines I've flown with. Especially as the ticket had the price of a low-budget airline.
RouteCancun to Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2020

"do not go for Aeromexico"

Trip Verified | Couldn't regret more to have booked in this airline. First, you can't do anything online, you have to call and it will take forever for someone to answer your call. Second, they want to charge me to change a flight, when I can't even fly cause it's not allowed due to Covid and when I mention that, they want to tell me there's no restrictions (they basically don't have the information), but luckly I had searched before and after a long call they would notice I couldn't fly, but still don't help. Should mention that they almost have no flexibility for changes (they don't care for Covid). Followed by terrible communication, not helpful or nice at all and can't even understand English well. After all, when I have a new day for my trip I will have to call again and spend God knows how much time (this one was about one hour). Honestly, if you have any chances of not flying, do not go for Aeromexico!
RouteSao Paulo to San Francisco via Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"no refund would be given to me"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight from Cancun to Huatulco and therefore I had to buy two more tickets and a hotel night when I contacted them they told me that they canceled the flights due to Covid but that no refund would be given to me. Me cancelaron el vuelo de Cancún a Huatulco y por ende tuve que comprar dos boletos más y una noche de hotel cuando me comuniqué con ellos me dijeron que cancelaron los vuelos por Covid pero que no se me daría ningún rembolso
RouteCancún to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2020

"we’ve lost our money"

Trip Verified | Our nightmare began April 17, 2020 when I attempted to purchase online flights to cancun MX. I completed the purchase of 2 tickets when a pop up box informed me the transaction had failed to try again. So, I did. The second time the transaction went through and I that moment I checked my email for a confirmation and found that I had in fact purchased 4 tickets in the same flight to Cancun. I immediately called the customer service line and spoke with Adrianna who assured me that they would refund the duplicate tickets. She issued 2 refundable tickets and said it would be 4 to 8 weeks before we would see the refund on our credit card. In the meantime, in walks COVID and our 2 other tickets are cancelled so I call and I am assured we have the option to fly for up to one year after our flight was cancelled. All good right? Not at all! No refund ever happened on the duplicate tickets and here we are in August. Our other tickets appear to be issued for June 2020 flights and no flights existed at that time that we were aware of. Our trip was medical in nature and needed priority but, no such luck. We ended flying on American thinking we’d book before our year was up to use the tickets. I don’t know what was done but there were no flights I could find on AeroMexico in June. We are desperately trying to get a refund on one set of tickets and flights that were promised on the other two. I’m afraid we’ve lost our money and what recourse do we have?
RouteCincinnati to Cancun via Atlanta