Aeromexico

"such a disaster of an Airline"

Trip Verified | I have never experienced such a disaster of an Airline. 16 hrs stuck in the airport with no solutions and no staff cared. After decided to call it a night because of no solution it took me 2hrs to get my luggage. Then supposedly my luggage was lost until I gave them cash and it suddenly appeared. I booked a flight with another airline and left the following day. Now the battle began to try and get a refund and compensation for the hotel I had to book and meals. I submitted my Refund today and already gave me a date of revision for the 21st of this month.
RouteMexico city to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"will not give a refund or a credit"

Trip Verified | Total scam. They cancelled the flight. And will not give a refund or a credit. Sent no alerts for cancellation. Our entire plane was stranded at airport with no flights out for 2 days. They have no customer service their chat is a robot and their phone numbers the people don’t care at all. Like I don’t think you could pay someone to care less. They said their flights are non refundable. No credits or refunds allowed even if THEY cancel due to THEIR plane having mechanical issues. Their customer service literally said don’t book Aeromexico because their rules are strict. You will be stranded and have to pay 3x as much for a new ticket with another airline.
RoutePuerto Escondido to Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"we got a bottle of water"

Trip Verified |  From check-in to deplaning the staff were always friendly and helpful. Ground services were smooth, and the in-flight team did the best they could on the short-haul leg from Querétaro to Mexico City as pleasant as possible- at least we got a bottle of water. For the price and ease of connections a definite do again. Gracias
AircraftEmbraer E190
RouteQueretaro to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2023

"as pleasant as possible"

Trip Verified |  From check-in to deplaning the staff were friendly and helpful. The transfer was a long walk, but easy, and the in-flight team made the long-haul from MEX to YYZ as pleasant as possible. The meal was as you would expect on today's in-flight service menus, For the price and ease of connections a definite do again. Gracias
AircraftBoeing 737-8 MAX
RouteMexico to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2023

"wanted us to pay for extra luggage"

Trip Verified | We were traveling with an infant. When booking the ticket it showed clearly that the baby was allowed one baggage of 25kg, while the parents could travel with hand luggage only. When we checked in however, this didn't show and at the counter they wanted us to pay for extra luggage. I showed them the screenshot and it suddenly was no problem anymore. I am disappointed with the airline.
Aircraft-
RouteMexico City to Zacatecas
Date FlownDecember 2023

"waiting months and months for a refund"

Trip Verified | I purchased two refundable tickets on November 6 2023. 4 hours after I requested the cancellation and a refund. I called by Phone and sent an email to Customer service. They responded that it would take 15 Business days for my refund and that I would see the money in my account. I waited for the time they asked but there was no Money in my account I called my Bank no money was transferred. I emailed them again But the answer is still I have to wait. I see from reading other people's reviews in a similar situation to me, are waiting months and months for a refund that never comes.
RouteVancouver to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2023

"Do not trust Aeromexico"

Not Verified | Booked a flight from Mexico City with my 2 dogs. Both are dobermans, called Aeromexico to confirm they accept the breed. They told me “of course”. Proceeded to take a payment of over 2000 dollars for me, my partner and our dogs. We gave a full description as require - including the colour, breed etc. Today my partner calls them to verify a small detail and they agent asks surprised to know that there are Dobermans on the booking as they actually don’t allow them? They changed the policy the day after we booked it and no one thought to inform us so we would of gone to the gate to be denied booking. We have booked connecting flights based off of this flight as it was the longest one so will now have to change our entire itinerary with no apology, solution. Do not trust Aeromexico.
RouteMexico City to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2023

"I have been constantly lied to"

Trip Verified | My issue is with customer service and getting a refund for the money they have taken from my account, they have double charged me for a ticket and owe me almost £1000 when they assured me the first charge wouldn't get taken as it was pending and then took it anyways once they made me pay for the ticket again. They keep telling me its going to be refunded in 5 days, then 15 days, then 30 days, its now been 3 months. They have stolen my money and ruined my holiday to Mexico. I have been constantly lied to and have had to call and email dozens of times. I've even gone to the desk at both airports and been told to email as there was no one there that could help.
RouteLondon to Oaxaca via Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2023

"does not care for their customers"

Trip Verified | Ok first we never flew with Aeromexico because we were never given a chance. Before booking with anyone I thought Aeromexico would probably be the best for customer service. Big mistake! Our trip was 19 days away and well we were super excited because we were going to see my husband's sister and our nephew who is one. I shouldn't say excited but we were finally going to see him because he is very sick from cancer and they don't think he will make it to his second birthday. Anyways, I always have a habit of checking on international airlines because they always change the time or date. I couldn't check because it said I didn't have a confirmation number or flight number. We had two stops before getting to our destination so I had to call Delta first. Delta said Aeromexico cancelled our flight. I then called Aeromexico and they said I called and spoke Spanish to cancel our trip and get a refund, mind you I always ask to speak to someone in English because my Spanish isn't to great. Then I ask to speak to a supervisor and they said none were available. Next day I called to speak to a supervisor and a agent was going to investigate what happened. He than calls me again the next day and says that I sent them an email asking for a cancellation and refund, another lie! I ask for someone higher than him because this was upsetting already. Still no one. The next day he calls me back and says, it wasn't me who sent the email but my 17 year old daughter. Another lie! I think they just went down our itinerary and picked a name to blame. Our dog was supposed to go with us because I couldn't leave her here for so long. I paid almost $400 dollars for her. They said they don't refund pet fees and airline fee etc. I lost almost 1,000 dollars because of Aeromexico. I had to cancel our Airbnb and they didn't give us our money back. This airline does not care for their customers.
RouteMexico City to Guadalajara

"Awful experience"

Trip Verified | Awful experience. Sat at 31A, staff told me I had to move to 30B as they needed this seat for staff. Super rude, never offered me food or drink. Never again.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles