Aeromexico

"flex fare is basically a con"

Trip Verified | I purchased a flex fare with Aeromexico. Whilst the flight itself was very comfortable, efficient and on time, I have to highlight how the flex fare is basically a con. After purchasing the flex fare which is openly advertised as allowing changes to flights without additional cost or fees, changes to the flight at any time, or to even change your flight if you miss it ... this was my experience. I needed to change my return flight from June 15th to August 2nd. The online form to do this straight up didn't work - it constantly gave an error. So I called. They could only give me one flight option for the date and quoted me a price that was not only larger than my original (return) ticket cost but was double the advertised price on their website. When I challenged them on this they acted confused. So I asked for a refund - and they started getting funny about it telling me that I needed to fill out a form online. So I filled out the form. They sent me an email telling me that I needed to call for the refund. So I called again - and they told me I needed to fill out the form again. They have utterly refused to be of any help whatsoever on this issue and have effectively stolen my money.
RouteLondon to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2024

"don't have an answer or adequate compensation"

Trip Verified | Lost my suitcase and won't compensate what I had to buy. After they lost my luggage, I had to buy a few things and although I was being told at the airport to keep the receipts to be refunded, I’m now being told after weeks of chasing them that the refund would be 30e which is way under what I had to spend because I had nothing. After 25 emails & 1 month after, I still don't have an answer or adequate compensation.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMexico City to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMay 2024

“No refund after three months”

Trip Verified | No refund after three months. My flight from Mexico City to Tulum was cancelled like a week before the flight. I was supposed to get a refund in maximum three weeks but I still haven‘t! They often don‘t respond to E-Mails and calls are way too expensive from my country! They kept telling me they paid the money to the booking agency but that‘s not true!! They don‘t care at all about the customers!
RouteCiudad de Mexico to Tulum
Date FlownMarch 2024

"miscommunication and misinformation"

Trip Verified | In reviewing the experiences encountered with this airline, it becomes evident that there are serious shortcomings in both service provision and transparency. The initial disappointment arises from the discrepancy between advertised prices and the actual costs incurred by passengers. While online booking platforms such as Expedia present enticing rates for checked baggage, the reality at check-in counters deviates significantly, resulting in unexpected financial burdens for travelers. This lack of consistency between online representations and in-person charges not only erodes trust but also places undue financial strain on customers. Furthermore, the airline's technological infrastructure appears alarmingly unreliable, as evidenced by recurring website malfunctions during crucial check-in periods. This not only inconveniences passengers but also raises concerns about the airline's ability to maintain essential operational functions. Customer service encounters, unfortunately, do little to alleviate these concerns. Instances of miscommunication and misinformation, such as the failure to register baggage during phone transactions and the inability to rectify errors without substantial inconvenience to passengers, highlight systemic deficiencies in service delivery. Moreover, the inconsistency in pricing practices, as witnessed at the Cancun airport, further compounds frustrations, with passengers being subjected to arbitrary charges due to system limitations.
RouteCancun to Vancouver via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2024

“a terrible airline”

Not Verified | Aeromexico is a terrible airline, they’re always late, they don’t even open up in the mornings so they unexpectedly say that you’re flying Delta Airlines and not Aeromexico which is really confusing. They’re unhelpful and just overall a terrible airline company. Do not fly with them ever.
RouteLas Vegas to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"it was a huge mistake"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | First time using this airline, but it was a huge mistake, my luggage arrived to SFO without one of the wheels and I have been trying for a month to get a refund of the new luggage and the wrapping I had to paid at the airport to get my other flight because there was no one of Aeromexico at SFO airport to assist, they do not answer the calls and emails take forever. They just want to refund 75USD when just the wrapping was 20USD and I will have to assume payment for things I wouldn't even have to pay in a foreign country where the currency is much higher if they would treat luggage so badly.
RouteMexico to san Francisco

"a waste of money"

Trip Verified | Rather a waste of money. The carrier cancelled my flight and offered me a ridiculous replacement. Thus, I had to cancel the flight. Since 2 months I keep asking for the refund, but the only respond I receiving are some standard texts about the request being processed.
RoutePuerto Valarta to Oaxaca via Santa Lucia
Date FlownMarch 2024

"policy about flying with pets"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico belittle me not knowing the policy about flying with pets. I bought second seat for my second pet but I wasn't allowed too. It didn't say specifically on the website that I couldn't do that. Their customer service is not existing and didn't change second seat to pet cargo. They wanted me pay more for pet cargo and no compensation for second seat. Called customer service but no help and they don't have real department for customer service. I tried work something out with Aeromexico but they just said no and charge me over $600+ . Just fly with different airline.
RouteDenver to Mexico City

"had a great experience"

Not Verified | I flew Aeromexico premier class which is first class and I had a great experience. The staff was kind and they had nice outfits. We had a variety of Alcohol choices and peanuts or chips. First class seats are huge and this flight was delayed by 30 minutes but I didn’t care. I paid for checked baggage two days before my flight and no issues at airport, wifi was free but very slow and you can only use it for messaging apps.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteTijuana to Ixtapa
Date FlownApril 2024

"such terrible customer service"

Trip Verified |   We were stuck in Tijuana airport for 12 hours due to a delayed flight. I had paid for upgraded seats for my family of four. They rebooked us on a flight, but we didn’t get to keep our upgraded seats. On the way back from Cancun we sat on the airplane for three hours, because the pilot called off sick and they had to find a new pilot. When I got home, I emailed Aeromexico to ask for a credit for our troubles. Their website says they refund up to $700 for delayed flights. Not only did they not give me money for the delayed flights and the time we spend at the airport sleeping on the floor. They also refuse to give me back the money I lost for the upgraded seats. When I asked for my money back, they gave me a voucher worth about $200 and it has to be used within 30 days. Why the heck could I fly Aeromexico ever again with such terrible customer service.
RouteTijuana to Cancun