Aeromexico

"I have never felt so mistreated doing business anywhere"

Not Verified | I gave this rating due to my awful experience returning from Mexico City to Tijuana. I arrived at the gate for my flight AM0170 at 6.13 am on Feb 6th, 2021. The flight was scheduled for a 6.35 departure. As I ran towards the gate one of the two attendants at the desk immediately left and closed the glass door behind him. When I presented the remaining attendant with my boarding pass he scornfully informed me that I was too late to board. There was still 23 minutes before departure. I pleaded with the gentleman to let me board, but it seemed to me he derived pleasure in my denial as he informed me "You're two minutes late." On my boarding pass, which I still have it clearly states boarding is at 6.00 am. It seems unreasonable to allow less than 13 minutes to board. I was forced to buy another ticket at a much higher price without a single concession offered. I have never felt so mistreated doing business anywhere. I cannot in good conscience recommend Aeromexico to a colleague or friend and would in fact discourage anyone from doing business with Aeromexico.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"run-around when I tried to get a refund"

Trip Verified | In brief, they cancelled my flight and then gave me the run-around when I tried to get a refund. In July of 2020 I bought a round-trip ticket London-Cancun for a friend for travel in August. Three days later they cancelled their London-Mexico City flights for the entire month of August. I called to find an alternative, but they couldn't offer me anything, save for travel credit. When I said I wanted a refund, the agent said I'd have to write to a dedicated email address. The email was returned as undeliverable, so I opened a dispute through my credit card, figuring I'd get my money back that way. AeroMexico objected to the dispute, saying my fare was non-refundable; they said I had credit to use within a year, minus a $200 no-show fee. A no-show fee for a cancelled flight. When I finally fixed the problem with their email address, they said that since I bought the ticket through a third party vendor (in this case Orbitz) I'd have to get the refund through them. Orbitz was helpful, but said they still had to go through AeroMexico for their approval before issuing a refund. Months went by, and all Orbitz could say was that the airlines are very slow these days and AeroMexico was not responding. So they have the manpower to object to my credit card dispute and keep my money, just not the manpower to approve my refund. I wrote to them several times about this discrepancy, but they never addressed that issue, just repeating I'd have to go through Orbitz. Let me add, I tried to be understanding. I can see that the airlines are strapped. I said I would accept credit in place of a refund if I could change the name of the passenger (which the rules disallow; remember I got this for a friend) and if the credit were not time restricted (which, so far as I can see, just helps them out even more). They said they could not do that because their policies do not allow it. Of course, their policies are under their control. They could change their policy if they wanted to, or just make an exception.
RouteLondon to Cancun
Date FlownAugust 2020

"never book a flight with Aeromexico"

Not Verified | This airline is a joke do not fly them unless you really need to be somewhere and there's no other option. I had to book a flight to see my mother before she died then I had to change my ticket for obvious reasons and they didn't care about the reason they still just wanted my money. They wanted me to pay a change fee that was as expensive as a new flight they put always profit before people. I ended up buying another ticket from them because that was the next available flight. This is really the worse service by far I have ever received from an airline and there are many really bad ones out there. Many airlines would have compassionate waivers in cases like mine but they don't care. Do yourself a favour and never book a flight with Aeromexico!
RouteVancouver to Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"no social distancing implemented"

Trip Verified | There was no priority boarding as was included in my ticket. We were boarded last (apparently a covid 19 measure) however, there was a huge crowded line for boarding which completely defeats the purpose. Additionally, no social distancing measures were implemented. Our so called “dedicated” overhead compartment was given to anybody and everybody and our luggages were moved farther away from us, to make space for other people’s luggage. No point buying their premium tickets because the services are the same, in-fact due to the covid measures you are better of getting the cheapest tickets and you will board first. Overall, they give empty promises and 0 services. Its an airline that calls itself premium but offers basic budget services. Overall don’t get high hopes about their quality.
RouteCancun to Mexico city
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"only provide instructions in Spanish"

Not Verified | They only provide instructions in Spanish. My husband and I were separated for a random security check. They don’t announce that it’s time to board. They also don’t put the flights they are boarding on the screen in front of the gate. We needed up paying an extra $700 because of their complete lack or organization when it comes to boarding.
RouteMexico City to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"not given any type of refund or credit"

Not Verified | My granddaughter was getting married in Cancun Mexico in May, 2020. We needed to reschedule our flight for January due to the resort closed because of the pandemic. Now, in January we are not able to fly because of COVID and were not given any type of refund or credit. Will never book with Aeromexico again.
Date FlownApril 2020

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Terrible customer service. I was on hold for over 2 hours to pay for travels fee and they kept disconnecting me. I had to call over 5 times to talk to a representative but they kept transferring me.
AircraftAm656
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"one of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | It’s one of the worst experiences I had flying. The check in is a nightmare, to get to the plane you take a 30 min bus ride, the flight was delayed. Avoid this airline even if you pay more! It’s not worth it.
RouteMexico City to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"did not even offer to refund the money"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket from Mexico City to London on August 2, 2020. On August 9th, Aeromexico cancelled the flight. They did not even offer to refund the money paid for the ticket, as they must do by law. Rather, the cancellation message said that we could have an open ticket to any destination. To this date (December 23rd), Aeromexico has neither refunded the ticket price nor honored their offer for an open ticket. All I get when I call the airline are lies and more lies -- first, they said that the money had already been refunded, and then that I would get a voucher for 115% of the ticket price, but none of that is true. The airline's latest communication was to send us a notice informing us that our claim was subject to their bankruptcy proceeding in New York. Yet another lie - that proceeding does not affect any claim against the airline that was created after June 30, 2020. They'll probably also claim that the flight cancellation was caused by Covid, although they sold the ticket and cancelled the flight in August, well after they knew all about the pandemic's effect on air travel. (I suspect that their plan all along was to cancel the flight four weeks out and just keep the passengers' money.)
RouteMexico City to London
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"problem is with the change policy"

Not Verified | The service was alright, my problem is with the change policy. Even with the pandemic in full swing and things going to a red light in Mexico City. They do not want to change my flight. I would not complain if every airline was doing the same thing, but they seem to not be doing any changes for their basic fares. All i get is we cant do anything for you. I'm not canceling or asking for my money back just changing my flights date. I'll never use them again. I will avoid them.
RouteMedellin to Mexico City