Aegean Airlines

“I think it is an excellent airline”

Trip Verified | Had booked the comfortable rate which has no clear advantages. It's good that they have more then one flight per day. Very good thing is that there is food in the economy class. There is Wi-Fi included which did not work. Cabin crew are OK, however too much make up. The captain spoke so loud. Generally, I think it is an excellent airline for greek/Mediterranean mentality/point of view.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMunich to Thessaloniki
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"Aegean took off 5 minutes ago"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I would not recommend flying with this airline. We had a flight from Athens to Tel Aviv while another company also had a flight around same time (20 minutes apart). The gates of these flights were next to each other and Aegean changed the gate of boarding an hour before the flight. Due to that, we were confused and sat in the gate of the other airline. When we were heading to the boarding desk we were told that it is the wrong airline and that our flight with Aegean took off 5 minutes ago. We went to their front desk hoping to find some help, but the only thing we heard was blaming us for missing the flight and claiming 1000€ to pay in order to have their next flight which was less than 5 hours apart. We were really disappointed.
RouteAthens to Tel aviv
Date FlownMarch 2024

"a very good value fare"

Not Verified | Another excellent flight with Aegean for a very good value fare. Two rounds of drinks (each round consisting of two drinks), sweets, biscuits and meal (far beyond what British Airways offers). Clean A321 neo. The airline magazine Blue is more of a travel almanac with eclectic articles on destinations and intriguing suggestions (such as the disused Orient Express train in suburban Athens at Rouf station). Friendly crew and flights on time.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"refused to put us on the same flight"

Trip Verified | Flight from Frankfurt to Athens for 1st February canceled and refused to put us on the same flight, same time, but departing from a nearby city. As a result, we had to pay twice the initial price to purchase new tickets at the last minute.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“Thanks for ruining our honeymoon experience”

Not Verified | The worst experience in Greece has been Aegean airlines so far. Airport crew for Aegean are rude, cannot and do not communicate when they need to tell honeymooners they’re assigning you random seats and overriding the ones you have chosen, pretty much deny you basic privileges like carryon luggage (correct size and weight) because the flight is “full” and they’re randomly selecting which passengers get to keep their luggage and which don’t. Needless to say, we will be trying to avoid this airline at all costs after this travel. Thanks for ruining our Greece and honeymoon experience Aegean airlines.
RouteSantorini to Crete via Athens
Date FlownDecember 2023

“no one has contacted us”

Trip Verified | My luggage was lost, not a single email, message, nothing, no one has contacted us after 3 days. I wanted to visit my family for a couple of days for Christmas 2023 and this is what I'm dealing with. Even if it's found what good does it do if I'm going to get it that late. I am still trying to dig out some old clothes to be able to go out and visit my beloved ones.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteManchester to Athens
Date FlownDecember 2023

"went above and beyond the protocol"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Ms. Zaharaki Anna is an oasis of kindness, kindness, professionalism and empathy in a corporate environment that seems to be losing ground!! A real example of imitation for her colleagues but also for every employee. Flight Athens Heraklion She went above and beyond the protocol, with a small act of enormous value. C Η κα Ζαχαράκη Άννα είναι μία όαση ευγένειας ,καλοσύνης επαγγελματισμού και ενσυναίσθησης σε ένα εταιρικό περιβάλλον που δείχνει να χάνει τον έδαφος !! Πραγματικό παράδειγμα μίμησης για τους συναδέλφους της αλλά και για κάθε εργαζόμενο .Πτήση Αθήνα Ηράκλειο Πήγε πέρα και πάνω από το πρωτόκολλο ,με μία μικρή πράξη τεράστιας όμως αξίας.
RouteAthens to Heraklion

“horrible money grabbing”

(Italy)

Not Verified | Horrible money grabbing policies. Recently flew with this airline from Athens to Istanbul. At the gate they were weighting the carry-on baggage. I am a seasoned traveler and have never seen such a practice even with low-cost carriers. This means they are desperate for money and hopefully will soon go broke. Also the personell at Athens airport is super rude and obviously under qualified. I will never fly Aegean again, horrible money grabbing and really bad management.
RouteAthens to Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2023

"employees are disrespectful to me"

(Greece)

c✅ Trip Verified | It is the 7th time that I fly with this airline the last 3 months and I am disappointed. The customer service at the airport is really awful. The employees are disrespectful to me and they think that they are doing me a favor when they speak to me. I am Greek and I feel really bad this company is the biggest airline in my home country. However the cabin crew is nice and helpful but that after the delays and high prices.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownNovember 2023

"My case was 1.4 kgs overweight"

(Greece)

Not Verified | I recently travelled with Aegean from Athens to Venice and return. l had a flex category ticket which allowed for a hand luggage (suitcase) and personal item in the cabin. On the outgoing flight, there was no issue whatsoever with my luggage. On the return flight, we were literally ambushed at the gate to weigh our cabin suitcase. My case was 1.4 kgs overweight. I offer to pay for the extra weigh but they said it needed to go with checked luggage and they charged 50 euro. I checked later Aegean's site extra luggage calculator and the price to pay at the airport for an extra suitcase up to 23 kilos is shown to be 42 euro. They charged 50 euro for a less than 10 kilo suitcase. They did not give us time to lighten the luggage and avoid the extra cost as they were boarding and the flight was already in delay. The gate personel was hassling passengers and was rude to say the least. The lady working behind the gate counter was banging her hand on the desk and shouting to the couple next to me (also complaining about the surcharge) to learn to read the company policies in a condescending manner. I used to prefer Aegean over other air carriers although they offer very little legroom and a poor meal choice as I considered them reliable. This, however , was a bad experience, I feel ripped off and disrespected and I don't see a reason to continue bringing them my business. I hope they enjoy the surcharge they arbitrarily imposed as these were the last of my money they see. Their attitude was both unprofessional and uncivilized.
RouteVenice to Athens