Aegean Airlines

"really helpful and friendly staff"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | We fly with Aegean almost every summer to Greece and are always satisfied. They have really helpful and friendly staff, which makes the atmosphere onboard really comfortable. They treat you like customers, and also serve food with great choice of beverages on short haul. However, the legroom could be bigger.
AircraftAirbus A320 neo
RouteAthens to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2023

"eventually got the luggage back"

(Romania)

Not Verified | The trip was ok overall , but we had trouble with our luggage when arriving in Bucharest. It was lost, we put a baggage claim form and they said that they would call us when the luggage wil, arrrive in Buchrest, but we did not receive any call. I tried calling the company about 20 times, but nobody answered. When my husband went to the airport and tried to claim the luggage he waited for 1 hour before someone could talk to him. We eventually got the luggage back, but with a lot of stress and uncertainty.
RouteAthens to Bucharest

"Terrible service"

Not Verified | Terrible service, two of our bags are stuck in Athens, it is the 5th day now! On the 4th day they sent 1 of the bags to a different island, I could see that thanks to the air tag, then the bag was promised to come the same day to Heraklion, but is still stuck in Athens. Terrible service of Aegean who do absolutely nothing to help and just ignore the calls and emails. Worst experience ever, never ever Greece again!
RouteYerevan to Heraklion via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2023

"lost my bag for over a week"

Trip Verified | This airline has the worst customer service imaginable. They lost my bag for over a week and I had to use an airtag to track it down because they never delivered it to my hotel like they said they would. They told me to submit a form to be reimbursed for the stuff I had to buy for my trip and have followed up multiple times with no responses via email. When I call, they tell me someone will follow up after I have submitted the form even though I've already submitted it.
RouteHeraklion to Bologna via Athens
Date FlownJuly 2023

"so much lost luggage"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | A piece of luggage lost between Athens and Santorini. Claim made at the airport as requested. The subcontractor Goldair Handling could not be reached, after relaunch by email, he replied that he had found the luggage and then retracted, it was a mistake. He asks us to contact Aegean, impossible to reach the lost baggage service. By consulting the search form I notice several errors on my coordinates and the brand of the suitcase is missing. So they search without knowing what to look for and who to warn. The only information given to me by their customer service is that there is so much lost luggage
RouteTel Aviv to Santorini via Athens

"Boarding is a mess"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Boarding is a mess, only on our outbound from Copenhagen was boarding structured. The sheer chaos of boarding in Athens defies belief, yelling and pushing, the employees was rude and aggressive. The planes are not kept clean which is too bad since a big part of the fleet is brand new. It is clear that there is ambition to be a full service carrier on a high level. The execution however is lagging. I am convinced that the regular delays out of Athens would be gone if the boarding process was fixed.
AircraftA320neo
RouteHeraklion to Copenhagen via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2023

"wanted to weigh all cabin bags"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | I have been a regular traveller of the airline and last few times I noticed a decline in quality. In this last flight we were flying 2 person with flex ticket. We were allowed to onboard luggage with 2 personal items and a 23kg bag to be checked in. We went to the checking were they weighted all of our luggage the carryons were 9 and 10 kg and the checked in 19. They didn't tell us the cabin bags were overweight so that we can put the extra weight in the checked in bag when we arrived at the gate they wanted to weigh all cabin bags and found us overweight. There was a lady there who told us to put all in one bag so that we only pay 50 euros for 1 instead for each cabin bag. We just took out some clothes and wore them and they were ok with it.
RouteAthens to Larnaca
Date FlownAugust 2023

"we were delaying the rest in the bus"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | We had priority to access the plane with kids, the service was ok, the plane brand new and nice clear sky flight. Everything was going so good until we landed in Athens. We waited at the last moment to leave the plane a we had kids and luggage. While we were about to start leaving the plane two cabin crew in a very unpolite way told us, two families with kids, that we had to disembark immediately. They told the other family to wake up their kids as we were delaying the rest in the bus.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteBarcelona to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2023

"flight itself was not bad at all"

Not Verified | The flight itself was not bad at all. However the crew at the airport in Athen was very unfriendly and unprofessional. My luggage was a little overweight. When I merely wanted to explain myself or gather information the person attending to me left me to go get a colleague who then had to deal with me because he/she didn't feel like doing it. The rate for the overweight luggage is way too high. And if the airline feels like it needs to get in some extra money they should please check the weight of everyone's hand luggage not just selected passengers. If they were to make the tickets a little pricier from the beginning but therefore reduce the hassle at the counter my journey would have been more pleasant and not started with frustration.
RouteAthen to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2023

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | At check-in, we were told that our checked baggage was too heavy (limit 8kg/17lbs even though the website said 23kg/50lb limit), and we needed to reduce the weight. We were put to the side so we could move our dirty laundry from the suitcases and put into tote bags (purchased from the nearby shop) that we could carry on. This was both embarrassing and frustrating. The plane was an hour late for our connecting flight. They didn't tell us, but fortunately (after running through the airport), our connection was also late, so we did make the plane. They stopped food service short, so the last 5 rows didn't get any food. This was not due to weather, but just bad timing of the stewards. We still had 30 minutes to land, so they could have quickly handed out the sandwiches, but they decided not to provide service to the last few rows. I don't know if it was due to poor planning of the start of food service, or of taking too much time in the middle rows. Instead of treating us like the rest of the passengers, we felt like 3rd class citizens. Very poor service.
RouteHeraklion to Istanbul via Athens