Aegean Airlines

"Meal was good for a 90 min flight"

Trip Verified | Athens to Beirut on an A321. Business class seat is the same as in Economy, hard and rather uncomfortable. Meal was good for a 90 min flight, both in quality and quantity, though I find the pasta with chicken combination weird. No champagne available, only sparkling wine, but good offer of beverages and Greek liquors. Crew young, well-groomed, with some members being somehow snobbish. No WiFi and no entertainment. Will not fly again such a product in Business. On the other side, the brand new Aegean business class at Athens airport for extra-Schenghen flights is quite impressive, in terms of decor, ambiance and food / drinks selection: well done Aegean.
RouteAthens to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"seats reservation was not allowed"

Trip Verified | We are both Star Alliance Gold status holders. We booked a full price Economy class Lufthansa tkt from MRS to Mykonos via MUC & ATH, at a price where seat selection is guaranteed. MRS-MUC-ATH with LH, ATH-JMK flight was an Aegean flight. After purchasing, seats reservation on ATH-JMK flight was not allowed. We wrote and call Aegean, no answer. 48 hours before that specific flight Aegean automatically booked 2 separate seats in the last row. We were allowed to change those seat, paying 6 Euros. This is so petty, that it is ridiculous.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownAugust 2022

"change those seat, paying 12 Euros"

Trip Verified | We booked a full price Economy class ticket from Lufthansa, at a price where seat selection is guaranteed. ATH-MUC flight was an Aegean flight. After purchasing, seats reservation on ATH-MUC flight was not allowed. We wrote and call Aegean, no answer. 48 hours before that specific flight Aegean automatically booked 2 separate seats in the back of the aircraft. We were allowed to change those seat, paying 12 Euros.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteAthens to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Aegean exceeded my expectations"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Aegean exceeded my expectations. Didn't expected a snack and few drinks service on a few hours flight. I asked one extra beer when we started our descending and the crew handed out one with a smile. Way more better than other European airlines. I really hope they will earn five star airline status.
RouteBerlin to Thessaloniki
Date FlownJune 2022

"I had to pay 50 euros more"

Trip Verified | I showed them my ticket to board on the plane. They thought my suitcase was big, then weighed it, and also found my bagpack too big. They never showed me the number shown on the weight scale, or informed me about why my bagpack was considered too big. Instead, they were rude. After me insisting on knowing how many kilos my suitcase was, they told me it was 9 kilos (instead of 8!), for which I had to pay 50 euros more. I feel that economy class passengers are treated with no respect in the airport, and Aegean attempts to take more money from them, making their life difficult in their airport. I would not recommend flying with Aegean. A sandwich and a cup of coffee on the airplane is not worthy of such bad customer service.
RouteStuttgart to Thessaloniki via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"great flight and highly recommended"

Not Verified | Smooth check- in procedure at a very busy Athens Airport. Polite and efficient staff on hand to assist. Boarded a clean and shiny A321 Neo, greeted by smiling and courteous crew. Full flight, on time departure, usual high standard of onboard service. Good and clear PA announcements from cockpit in perfect English. Toilets were very clean. Landed early, bags arrived on belt without any issue. Thanks Aegean, great flight and highly recommended.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteAthens to London Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Lost my luggage 3 days ago"

Trip Verified | Lost my luggage 3 days ago, no call from Aegean or airport. Holiday ruined. We had to re-buy all our clothes again as they made us check in even our cabin luggage.
RouteLondon to Istanbul via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Gold Air cannot be reached"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Lost my bag, no support or help from Aegean, trying to blame Gold Air. Gold Air cannot be reached either by phone or email. Aegean refuses to change return ticket to fly back to Crete early, only with extra charge can this be done. This trip is a complete waste of time. Food / Snack served on the 45 min flight a drink and Pringles.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"inappropriate delay of the flight"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | After an extremely inappropriate delay of the flight, the boarding procedure was unbearably slowly conducted by the airline employees. Extensive waiting for the bus transport from gate to the aircraft and then 20 minutes of waiting in the aircraft for no reason .
RouteAthens to Sofia
Date FlownJuly 2022

"we still have no luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst experience I’ve ever had flying. Lost bags on the flight from Athens to Rome. It’s been about a week now and we still have no luggage. It’s cost us money, time and stress and Aegean don’t reply to emails or answer phones to update us.
RouteMykonos to Rome via Athens