Aegean Airlines

"a very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Athens. We had a very bad experience with Aegean Airlines. I bought two tickets and by right have combined baggage of 46kgs - however, when we dropped off our baggage, the staff told us Aegean don't combine baggage and charged us for excessive baggage charges although our actual bags combined only 43kgs. Also they dont accept one of our hand carry suitcase as well which have been travelled through so many airlines like Qatar and Swiss with no issues and charge us another baggage charges. Unless you want to be ripped off by this airlines otherwise I highly unrecommend Aegean because they will find all their ways to rip you.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"dysfunctional bureaucracy"

Not Verified | Corfu to Skopje via Athens. On August 4, 2022, my husband and I were traveling from Corfu, Greece on Aegean 285 to Skopje, North Macedonia on Aegean 984 operated by Olympic. Upon arrival in Skopje we were informed our luggage had been lost. We filed a lost baggage report at the Skopje airport. Once in Skopje all we had was the clothes on our backs. We spent the first two days of our vacation milling around an unknown city trying to find clothing and personal items and dealing with Aegean Airlines dysfunctional bureaucracy. On August 10, 2022, we returned home to the States empty handed and no word from Aegean regarding our lost luggage. Our calls and emails went unanswered. 10 days later we finally received our luggage that was come how found in Austria. We filed a reimbursement claim for initial expenses accrued in Skopje, for personal items and clothing replacement. Once again no word from Aegean. I repeated this process 3 times to no avail. Aegean airlines is run by sociopaths. They pretend nothing happened on their watch and choose to ignore any problems that happen on their airline. Trust me when I say I am not the only one affected by these grifters.
RouteCorfu to Skopje via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"luggage is delayed"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | Aegean Airlines forced me to check my hand luggage too without additional fee. I checked it in the departure airport (Yerevan) and when I arrived at my destination airport (Hamburg) I got a notification from Aegean app that my hand luggage which they forced me to check as a 2nd piece of luggage is delayed. In Hamburg Airport I could not find the responsible person for Aegean Airlines who will help mein this situation.
AircraftA321 / A321
RouteYerevan to Hamburg via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"had to buy my own meal"

Trip Verified | They delayed our departing flight so we missed the flight to our final destination. They then booked us a new flight the next day at 7 am but in order to make the flight we had to take a bus at 5 am. For the inconvenience they provided a complimentary food voucher to use in Athens. When I tried using the voucher the funds were not applied. The cashier told me to go speak with an Aegean Airline employee. I then went to speak with an Aegean Airline help desk employee and due to our language barrier she did not understand what I was telling her so I never got the funds and had to buy my own meal.
RouteOslo to Santorini
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"flight attendants were nice"

Trip Verified | I recently had 2 flights with Aegean, both of which were not bad. RHO to ATH and ATH to AMS. On the 2nd flight, I did see an attendant walking around the airport waiting room looking at bags, but she never weighed or measured anything. Both times the planes were delayed, though in their defense, most of the time I've flown in Europe pre and post pandemic, flights are delayed. The flight attendants were nice on both flights - always smiles and always helping. They never seemed to be unhappy, and some of the best I've encountered. I was impressed that they served a light meal and a beverage on my 3.5 hour flight and beer or wine didn't cost anything. Tui on the other hand, for the same length of flight, charged for food and/or drink and the leg room was much smaller, though their TUI allows 10kgs of carry-on luggage v. 8kgs for Aegean. I'd rather have the luggage allowance higher than the light meal and drink. The major thing that was scary was that almost everyone had left the airport in Athens before my moms luggage came off.
RouteRhodes to Amsterdam via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The best airline in Europe"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | The best airline in Europe, professional cabin crew, comfortable seats and excellent service. It was a pleasure to fly with you. Keep up the good work and wishing you all the success.
AircraftA321 Neo
RoutePrague to Cairo via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"passed only once for drinks"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | For a 3.45 hour Helsinki to Athens flight we got served a sandwich and the flight attendants passed only once for drinks. The airline has delays particularly at flights after the morning.
RouteHelsinki to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"luggage arrived nine and twelve days later"

Trip Verified | Very early morning departure from Tbilisi with a crew that already worked through the night. The male purser, during the preflight information, informed transfer passengers to check luggage procedures in Athens in the inflight magazine - we did it and found out that connecting in Athens from Non-Schengen to Schengen means you have to pick up your luggage, take it through customs and check it in again. With the official 1:05h connecting time it sounded sporty. A biscuit, yogurt, and drinks were served as breakfast, then crew then went behind the curtains and did not show up again until the final approach to Athens. During the descent, they asked the passengers to put the garbage including cups with liquids into the seat pockets. Delayed by 40 minutes we landed in Athens. During taxiing, the purser advised transit passengers to rush to their gates. We made our connection by running and thanks to no traffic at the border guards. Our luggage arrived nine and twelve days later following a lengthy search, no support from Aegean Airlines, no answer to any call or any mail.
AircraftA321 classic
RouteTbislis to Frankfurt via Athens
Date FlownJune 2022

"Meal was good for a 90 min flight"

Trip Verified | Athens to Beirut on an A321. Business class seat is the same as in Economy, hard and rather uncomfortable. Meal was good for a 90 min flight, both in quality and quantity, though I find the pasta with chicken combination weird. No champagne available, only sparkling wine, but good offer of beverages and Greek liquors. Crew young, well-groomed, with some members being somehow snobbish. No WiFi and no entertainment. Will not fly again such a product in Business. On the other side, the brand new Aegean business class at Athens airport for extra-Schenghen flights is quite impressive, in terms of decor, ambiance and food / drinks selection: well done Aegean.
RouteAthens to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"seats reservation was not allowed"

Trip Verified | We are both Star Alliance Gold status holders. We booked a full price Economy class Lufthansa tkt from MRS to Mykonos via MUC & ATH, at a price where seat selection is guaranteed. MRS-MUC-ATH with LH, ATH-JMK flight was an Aegean flight. After purchasing, seats reservation on ATH-JMK flight was not allowed. We wrote and call Aegean, no answer. 48 hours before that specific flight Aegean automatically booked 2 separate seats in the last row. We were allowed to change those seat, paying 6 Euros. This is so petty, that it is ridiculous.
RouteAthens to Mykonos