Aegean Airlines

"very rude, no negotiating and very aggressive"

Trip Verified | Flight from Athens to Mykonos was great, every part. Our flight from Santorini to Athens - not so good. The agent working at check-in at the Santorini airport was rude, angry and classless. We had only a carry on that we checked once at Athens. We didn't buy anything and actually left our beach towels at the hotel. Upon checking in we were told that one of our carry on luggage was 2 kilos overweight and the other carry on was a half kilo over weight. We tried to explain those original luggage did not incur any problems before. We were charged an extra 50 euros. The way she said it was very rude, no negotiating and very aggressive. I guess this is how they treat you when you are trapped on an island. Definitely recommend the ferry or another airline.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"Due personal reasons, we can't fly to Greece"

Trip Verified | We booked our flights for December 2021. As covid hit harder, we decided to plan for another month, so we changed our flights for May 2022. Due personal reasons, we can't fly to Greece. I contacted the customer service several times, waiting in the line over 15 minutes, 15 minutes which I need to pay, the second call they told me they cannot help as I booked the flight somewhere else. So I contacted the initial website and got the information, they do not have the booking, as I changed the date on the airline website. Long story short, we lost 400€. I would really recommend to book at bigger airlines, at least you will get help if needed. So disappointing!
RouteHamburg to Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"Excellent service by the cabin crew"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Excellent service by the cabin crew and the ground crew. They went1 beyond their responsibilities and helped me do the check in for another flight to EU country and communicate with another airport. They are kind and truly helpful! I have been using their service for several years now and I never had a negative experience with them.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownApril 2022

"my first choice to and from Greece"

Not Verified | Had to reschedule my flight to Athens from London. Called the Aegean Customer Service line to do this. Lines were busy but didn't wait long. Call answered by very polite agent. I explained my situation about requiring my flight to be rescheduled and my onward connection within Greece. Agent did this and explained the process in excellent English. I paid the extra and booking was complete, no fuss, no bother. Flight was outstanding from start to finish, as usual. These are difficult times for everyone and we need a degree of flexibility. I am still shocked to see how rude and aggressive some passengers are to airline staff when travelling . Aegean is still my first choice to and from Greece, no airline is perfect but they are better than most.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownApril 2022

"They have lost 2 very good clients"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I just wanted to share my terrible experience (and it is the same for a lot of people!) with Aegean Airlines! In my case, after booking a flight to Athens, they first cancelled my flight and, instead of reimbursing the ticket, they offered me a voucher. I've reluctantly accepted, considering that my girlfriend and I go very often to Greece because we love it and we have dear friends there. The voucher, due to the Covid emergency still not allowing us to use it, expired. When I asked a reimbursement, as per point 9 of their Terms & Conditions policy, they have deliberately ignored all the emails I have sent. They have lost 2 very good clients, considering that we had always flown with Aegean and that we keep going to Greece as often as we can. Now I will rather swim to Greece, than using Aegean again! Worst airline ever!
RouteBrussels to Athens
Date FlownMay 2021

"flexibility is not part of business"

Trip Verified | Couple hours after purchase through Expedia I realized I had the date one day earlier than what I planned. Called to find a solution. Originally I did not want to cancel the flight, only needed to change it. Aegean policies have no flexibility for the regular changes which would happen. It does not seem Aegean shows any interest in offering a useful service to customers but only have the customer stuck with a charge which they receive no services for because flexibility is not part of business. Aegean's website claims to have 24/7 customer service - I have been on the phone waiting for a rep for about 30 minutes and no answer to the extended that phone was automatically disconnected.
RouteLondon to Istanbul via Athens
Date FlownApril 2022

"space cannot be considered acceptable for business class"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | The space for legs cannot be considered acceptable for business class, with my height 1.90 cm I cannot fit my knees straight. It is beyond my understanding why Aegean presenting it as business class.
AircraftA319-100
RouteAthens to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2022

"The complaints process was long and difficult to use"

Not Verified | I bought tickets for flights and hotel however, when I needed to cancel in good time the airline refused to refund me. The level of English was broken at best and there was no attempt on the part of the airline to understand and rectify the issue. The complaints process was long and difficult to use. I tried to use the discount voucher codes for Covid-19 tests that the Aegean website was offering however, there were issues with using the codes so there was no way of using discount. In an attempt to escalate the issue I used the service Resolver, which is normally used as a last resort but this wasn't helpful as the airline simply did not engage in any way.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"only middle seats were available for free"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I booked a ComfortFlex ticket for a midday flight from Athens to Thessaloniki on April 3rd. We had a change in our plans and I had to change my ticket to an evening flight. This particular fare allows changes for the same day with no fee and seats were available on the new flight so I logged into my reservation and changed the flight successfully. I then tried to reserve a window seat on the new flight but noticed that only middle seats were available for free. This seemed strange since the flight was not sold out and ComfortFlex tickets allow free seating in the entire aircraft except for the exit row seats, where a charge applies. I then noticed that the only window or aisle seats available on my new flight were those at the exit row and those would involve an extra 9 Euro charge. As I'm about to proceed with the payment of this 9 Euro charge, my boyfriend informs me he will be joining me on the same flight. We book a new ticket for him and when we reach the seat map on his reservation, we can see plenty window and aisle seats available for free. We decide to call the Aegean call center to inquire why our reservations show different seats maps even though we've both purchased ComfortFlex tickets and we're traveling on the same flight. Their response was that it must be a systemic error and if we wanted, we could wait until going to the airport and request a window or an aisle seat there. If anyone of you has ever called Aegean for similar matters, you'll know that 9 out of 10 times, it's always the "system". It's evident that they're manipulating the availability of their seat maps to force you to pay extra fees even when you've purchased their highest economy class fare. We paid the 9 Euro fee this time but from our main choice, they will become our last choice until they get their act together. And of course it came as no surprise to read so many other reviews here from other passengers complaining about similar situations. I'm attaching a picture of the two seat maps and I leave you to draw your own conclusions. The bookable seats are those in blue and in my seatmap, window and aisle seats are not available.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownApril 2022

"Excellent service from start to finish"

Not Verified | Check-in procedure carried out professionally by extremely polite and communicative staff. Hand luggage was checked to ensure compliance with Aegean 's terms and conditions which it did. Breezed through Passport control despite the terminal being quite busy. Ample and polite staff kept queues short. Aegean Airlines terminal was spotlessly clean with ample duty free shopping available. Amazing authentic Greek food products like Greek baklava, feta and extra virgin olive oils were on promotion. Had to buy some. Boarding was orderly and we were greeted at aircraft door by immaculately dressed cabin crew. I am always impressed by how professional Aegean Airlines cabin crew are. They put Turkish Airlines crews to shame. On time departure with on board service of drinks and meal again served in a very professional and polite manner with a smile. Duty free trolley appeared after the meal service. Smooth flight, landed 20 minutes early. Excellent service from start to finish. Thoroughly recommended.
AircraftA320 NEO