Aegean Airlines

"has no loyalty to its loyal clients"

Not Verified | This company has scammed me severely on my last trip! I missed my connecting flight due to their delay and they rebooked everyone a ticket for free but not for me! I literally had to buy a new ticket and fly the next day. When I asked for a refund they stalled and never gave me a proper response! When I called customer service they told me to wait for customer service to review my request and they will respond in 7 days. Its been a month and nothing! They tried to say it was not their fault! This is an overpriced company that has no loyalty to its loyal clients! They try to mislead you treating you like an incompetent person! I will never fly with this airline again and I regret every penny I spent on them! Disgraceful!
RouteParis to Munich via Athens
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Super small space between seats"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Good things: usually rather new planes, depending on the route, usually good schedules, depending on the route. Super small space between seats at row 10. If you fly with children, the family will be placed automatically at the very end of the plane. The automatic sitting system separates families and assign them seats randomly in different rows. If you’re a frequent flyer with Aegean (Gold), forget about redeeming the upgrade vouchers if you fly with a child. They don’t want children in business. Aegean became extraordinarily expensive and mediocre since the pandemic. A shame, as they were quite good. Greek competitor Sky Express offers a good service for cheaper prices.
RouteAthens to Brussels
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"told I was a standby passenger"

Trip Verified | At airport check-in 3 hours early I was told I was a standby passenger, despite booking months in advance and receiving a confirmation. I was told this was the policy of overbooking flights by 10%
RouteLondon to Corfu via Athens

"Very poor service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Terrible service and handling of delayed and then cancelled flight. Understaffed to change boarding pass so we had to wait for hours in line. Very poor service.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | The first flight from Zurich to Athens was perfect & without any problems. However the second flight back was horrible and unorganized. Everything started when the gate opened & the boarding started. They started to weight luggage and created a huge queue. I had a hand luggage, which was taken by them, because the haven't had anymore space in the airplane. My Father had a hand luggage too, but they didn't take his with them. When we arrived in front of the airplane with the bus, they started to check, which luggage had a tag on it, so they can take it with them. In the airplane they were organizing the luggage above our heads & trying to make more space. However my Father's luggage was too much, so I had to go in front of the Airplane to give it to them. They had to take it with them and store it with the other ones under us. The plane was almost 30 Minutes late. Never flying with them again.
RouteAthens to Zurich

"professional cabin crew"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Best Airline in Europe, professional cabin crew, smiley and helpful. Receiving updates about my flight all the time. The thing that might really need an improvement is the FQT program (Miles + Bonus) , they must be more flexible in transferring and receiving points from other Airlines.
AircraftA321 Neo
RoutePrague to Cairo via Athens
Date FlownNovember 2022

"could easily have been avoided"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | An experience that was neither good or bad until we tried to order water for our 2 year old. We ordered it, was asked to wait while the cabin crew was giving out hot food. After 20min we asked again and we were asked to wait. After another 20min, she started to cry uncontrollably, and we walked up to the crew (who was still busy giving out hot meal) that we really needed to give our child some water. When we finally got it, it was impossible to stop our girl from crying even when she got the water (well, most parents would understand that it was too late and the damage has already been done). So after calming her down (which took another 10-15min) she started to drink and became happy again. It was a bad experience for everyone, our 2 year old, us as her parents and all other passengers. A situation that could easily have been avoided, which would have been nice as flying with kids often means stress. Why couldn’t a person in the crew just stop for 1minute and help out? They didn’t even seemed bothered or at least a bit guilty when we explained that we couldn’t continue waiting because a 2 year old doesn’t understand that.
RouteRhodes to Stockholm
Date FlownNovember 2022

"you will not get any support if something goes wrong"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Although my flight was not delayed or canceled, I had a horrible experience. My luggage was damaged and I have submitted my complaint immediately. I have also documented everything with photos and requested a refund, but I only received confirmation that my complaint was recorded and since then, the company keeps ignoring my e-mails. Also, I got charged extra 40 euros for having an additional piece of luggage only when departing my destination and not on the other three flights (I had one stop at Athens). I am very disappointed with Aegean, so I do not recommend it to others because you will not get any support if something goes wrong.
RouteBelgrade to Chania
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"One of the best airline apps I have tried so far!"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Great airline! I fly regularly with Aegean Airlines, and it is always my number one choice. Especially the new planes are really nice, and the service on board is good too. The food is really not that bad, especially in business class. However, Economy is great as well. There are some nice touches with Aegean, like how they inform you when your flight is delayed. They email you, and you get a notification in the app. About the app, it works really good. One of the best airline apps I have tried so far! I don't have any complaints. Even after dozens of flights, no problems at all!
AircraftA321NEO and A321
RouteMadrid to Heraklion via Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"My bag was delayed"

Trip Verified | Worst baggage experience ever. My bag was delayed at my connection in Athens on 9th August 2022 and Aegean has not responded to my request for first need expense, multiple attempts to reach them via email, and when I called the automated line said "We do not have the resources to handle your request" The worst part is I paid extra to check my bag.
RouteSantorini to Athens