Aegean Airlines

"Most disappointing experience"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Most disappointing experience. They sell seats for large luggage in the cabin that should be placed in the hold; this way, those with small cabin bags are forced to put them under the front seat and sit uncomfortably. The crew was arrogant to me. My last trip with this company.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownJune 2024

"otherwise good experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Airline doesn't take responsibility for poor baggage handling that resulted in missing item from the inside of the bag. Offered free check in service for my hand carry luggage but did not explain in the beginning their policy of not assuming such liability. At the airport, I was directed to a phone number, and then to the online contact form. Customer service via online contact form is lip service, unsystematic and insinuating. The otherwise good experience could have differentiated them from the other airline, but they clearly failed when problems occur.
RouteBarcelona to Heraklion via Athens
Date FlownMay 2024

"Aegean doesn't want to refund"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | When booking we had two choices, the cheapest one to go from RHO-ATH-BCN but arrive there at 01:00 am where there are no buses for our end destination (Costa Brava) or the more expensive one to go from RHO-ATH-SKG-BCN but arrive there at 17:00. So we took the second option as we were going there for a festival and we did not want to miss any of the events as they were starting on the 16th of May and also to take a bus from the airport of Barcelona to Costa Brava instead of a taxi that would cost a fortune. Then, due to about two hours of delay at the flight from ATH-SKG we asked if we are going to miss our transit flight from SKG to BCN, and if so to let us not travel to Thessaloniki and take the later flight from Athens. They told us that they will wait for us as it is a transit flight. We arrived there 5 minutes after the flight was scheduled, and of course they didn't wait for us, and they changed our tickets for the next day via Munich. We demanded that they change them back to go via Athens and then again Barcelona, which after 2-3 hours of waiting time and many food costs at the airport, they did. So we arrived at Barcelona at 01:00 after midnight and our only means of transport was a taxi, which costed us 170€, and of course we missed 1 day out of 4 of the festival. Of course Aegean doesn't want to refund any of these costs. M On our way back they lost our baggage. 24 hours later we received one back, but the second we are still waiting (3 days later). And the worst part is that noone actually informs us on anything, they don't know where the bag is, they don't know if they found it, if we are taking it back or anything.
RouteRhodes to Barcelona via Athens / Thessalonika
Date FlownMay 2024

"very impressed with Aegean"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Recently flew Lisbon to Athens return as well as a few domestic segments in Greece (Thessaloniki-Athens, and a couple of islands) and I was very impressed with Aegean. Planes were impeccably clean, flights were on-time and staff both in-flight and ground crews were very pleasant, and courteous. Hot meals and drinks were served on the LIS-ATH-LIS segments and, even on the short domestic hops, a bottle of water and a small snack were served. The only down side was that checked luggage took a long time to deliver. Legroom was a bit tight on the outbound A320 but felt more generous on the return A321neo. Probably one of my best experiences flying in Europe. I'd definitely fly them again.
RouteAthens to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2024

"take my carry on when boarding"

Not Verified | Legroom is very small and worse than low cost carriers. They take my carry on when boarding (at no extra cost) due to the flight being full they say, but delays me when I arrive at my destination. Food is below average and has been getting worst. Too expensive for what they offer.
RouteLondon to Athens

“Very attending service”

(Greece)

Trip Verified | We boarded by air-bridge to the aircraft, first families, then business class and members finally economy by zones. Crew was very friendly and attending. Business class covers the 3 frond rows, same seats as economy 3x3 but blocked the middle seat. Legroom is perfect. When boarding completed we were served welcomed drink (water, juice, sparkling wine) and the Menu. After physical presentation of safe rules, we were offered warm towel. After departure the purser asked the passengers of their preference of lunch from the Menu. During the flight you can use free WiFi for Gold and Silver members and in Business. Food and wine was presented and were of excellent quality and tasty. Attendant refilled class of wine. Removing the disk with the main course, they offer desert with coffee. Finally they present you mastiha drink with chocolate boxes. We had Very attending service. We arrived on time and special bus transfer Business class passengers to the terminal.
AircraftA320n
RouteCopenhagen to Athens

"Wi-Fi not working"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Wi-Fi not working in Business Class that was advertised as free. After landing the luggage with priority came last and not first and they lost one of my luggage. Even I had contacted them still they cannot find even they send an urgent signal immediately to send it with the first available flight that was next day at 6:30. The call center for Gold and Business class passengers has the same answer to all the questions, which is "we are only for reservations, please send email to customer care"
AircraftA320neo
RouteAthens to Lisbon

“Vile customer service”

Trip Verified | Worst airline in Europe. Vile customer service. Desperate to extract every last euro from your wallet. A friend who works there says staff morale is very low and they will likely file for bankruptcy soon. Avoid at all costs!
RouteVenice to Athens
Date FlownMay 2024

"still have not issued us our refunds"

Not Verified | We had a trip planned for last July and cancelled our flight well in advance - 1 month - and they promised us refunds for all three tickets totaling $950. It is now 9 months later and they still have not issued us our refunds. They sent forms to fill out with bank account info, we filled them out, then they sent the same forms again - we filled them out again. Then they said they haven't received the forms. We said yes, we sent them in twice. Then they said they didn't receive the banking code, which is plainly on all the forms. We sent it in again. We haven't heard anything since, which was about a month ago. They're scamming us and obviously want us to give up out of frustration. Not gonna happen! We will harangue them till we finally go to Athens and talk to them face to face. It's absurd and horrible business practices.
RouteParis to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2023

“Terrible customer service”

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I was made to check my bag in and pay 50 EUR. I asked if I could keep it with me as it fit the size and weight of cabin baggage and they said no despite this flight being very empty. The air hostesses were also really rude and not understanding. I had to book this flight as their codeshare flight was delayed and I missed my connection so after a 5 hour wait at the airport they decided to charge me for luggage and to not let me have it on board with me. Terrible customer service.
RouteThessaloniki to Rome