Aegean Airlines

"No warm food was offered"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Boarding was done with bus to remote location. Cabin staff were just professional but not friendly. In flight service (breakfast) was in a cardboard box consisting of a cream and a sweet in plastic. There was a option of sandwiches, but they ran out. With the high priced ticket a shame to provide such inflight service. No warm food was offered. The flight was on time. IFE was done through your mobile telephone and there was very limited viewing options.
RouteAthens to Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2021

"bags would be above the 8 kilos allowed"

Trip Verified | My wife and I booked a trip on Expedia. The rate for economy class seemed acceptable although it restricted us to a single carry-on of no more than 8 kilos. At the airport duty free we bought some items and when tried to board we were told that we had to pay 60 extra euros for the duty free bag. When we tried to put the contents into our carry-on they told us that we would still have to pay the 60 euros since our bags would be above the 8 kilos allowed. In the end we had to pay or lose our flight.
RouteAthens to Paris

"Best value for money"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Aegean Airlines are the best airline in Europe. They keep on doing an amazing job. Website and application are very easy to access, cabin crew are professional. New aircrafts and clean cabin. Best value for money.
AircraftA321 Neo
RoutePrague to Cairo via Athens
Date FlownNovember 2021

"It was very stressful and inconvenient"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I had to change flights in Athens. We were landing at 15.30 and my boarding time to the other flight was at 15.30! I asked if someone would take us to the other gate and they told me there would be a "transit ambassador". I started looking but no ambassador. They were sending me for PLF control which I already had in Prague and no one knew where was this ambassador. I had to pass again from security control. It was very stressful and inconvenient.
RoutePrague to Athens via Heraklion
Date FlownDecember 2021

"some things are really frustrating"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I dislike the fact that on too many arrivals this airline has not approached passenger walkways, and is choosing the bus as if we are still in the 50s. This was the case on our flight from Larnaca to Athens on 10/11 arriving with more than an hour delay, which was not announced until we were on board, and in Athens the bus like sardines despite the pandemic. The very expensive fare is not justified by a tiny sandwich they give you in flight, and you are given a choice of a fee seat only at the two last rows right next to the toilet, that is is such a place they give you 6 only free seats. You pay very dearly for the ticket, pay extra for luggage or anything over 8 kg, pay extra for a seat or take the seat next to the toilet. The plane is perfect, inflight service excellent, pilots top class, yet some things are really frustrating.
AircraftA320NEO
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2021

"faced to pay my seat change"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I was unable to check in for some reason and I was given a seat in the middle. I tried to change it but after check-in at Oslo for the SAS flight, check-in kiosk couldn’t change it so I called Aegean. After 3 calls to the customer service line I was instructed it is fixed and I should check-in on the app paying for my seat change. At boarding in Stockholm I was faced to pay my seat change.
RouteStockholm to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2021

"pay 100 pounds for our backpacks"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | My daughter and I flew from London to Athens yesterday. We both had a backpack for our laptops, which we went to London with from Athens, but on the way back we have to pay 100 pounds for our backpacks. I am very upset and the rude Heathrow staff behavior with customers at the gate, and I will never recommend this airline.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2021

"The biggest letdown are the seats"

Trip Verified | On this trip they used a A320neo which is noticeably quieter then the regular one. The all female cabin staff was acting friendly and efficiently. We received a lunchbox consisting of a sandwich and a tasty honey-sesame cookie. A limited range of drinks was served as well. They use the airfi on-board WiFi system for games, news, real-time map etc. The biggest letdown are the seats, with an incredibly tight pitch. Even the ones at Wizz Air have more legroom.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteAthens to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Nothing to complain about"

Trip Verified | Nothing to complain about. Stuttgart to Heraklion/Crete on Sept. 21st and return on Oct. 1st. We booked Aegean for the convenient flight times and their decent luggage policy in the Eco ComfortFlex Fare. Both flights were 100% on time. Check-in procedures were quick and efficient. Due to the chaotic conditions at Heraklion Airport Aegeans punctuality and efficiency cannot be appreciated enough. Flight was ok. The crew was not overly motivated but helpful and friendly. There was a free snack and beverage service, which was nothing special but more than other airlines offer. Interior of plane was a little run down but seat comfort and leg space were ok. Overall the Eco Comfort Flex Fare is a very good value for money. Too bad, Aegean doesn't offer a Business Class on their HER flights, at least not out of STR.
RouteStuttgart to Heraklion
Date FlownOctober 2021

"They canceled my flight"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight and did not notify me. I had to look the flight up myself to find out. Then they would only refund with a voucher that they won't send for 2 weeks and that expires in 12 months. So I will have already left Europe by the time I get it and will probably never be able to use it. I couldn't find a new flight within the same day because it was such short notice which screwed up plans for accommodation that I can't get refunded and so on. The stress and money they have cost me is crazy.
RouteNaples to Santorini