Aegean Airlines

"I felt like I was fooled as a customer"

Not Verified | I booked a ticket for the 2nd of June on the website, and it was mentioned that it was a flexible ticket (despite it was economy class) and it was mentioned the following: "All Flex, ComfortFlex and Business Class fares can be rebooked free of charge. Terms and Conditions Apply". One day before, I had to change the dates and they said that I had to pay 35 euros fee for reissuing the ticket because the price of the fare was slightly different (in fact the fare of the new date was lower) and they offered me to pay the difference of the price of the next more expensive fare. I could rebook free of charge only if the fare was the same (according to the terms and conditions)! I can understand that it is a difficult time for airlines but they have to be fair also with their customers. I almost always book economy and not refundable prices, so I am not familiar with the conditions of the flexible price in general, but I find it a very sneaky way to attract customers and reservations! How likely is it to find an exactly similar fare? Very small! So I don't see the point in calling it a flexible ticket! I am ok to pay for the change if I have to, but this time I felt like I was fooled as a customer! So for anyone who sees flexible tickets at Aegean and at any airline, read the terms and conditions very carefully, its a scam.
RouteZurich to Athens
Date FlownJune 2021

"They didn’t reply to my emails and calls"

Trip Verified | I don’t recommend this airline to you. Because of Coronavirus my flight was cancelled and I didn’t receive anything. They didn’t reply to my emails and calls. I am very disappointed and I will never fly with this airline anymore.
RouteFrankfurt to Thessaloniki
Date FlownDecember 2020

"charged £38 for the second carry-on item"

Trip Verified | I got charged £38 for the second carry-on item, a laptop bag because it was not thin enough although it fits under the front seat as it's specified by the airline's baggage allowance. The person who checked in my bags (2x32kg + 1x23kg total 130£ for luggage) for my Flex booking tried to charge me more for my bags as he thought they were overweight until I showed him the baggage allowance for each bag. Then the agent acted surprised and oblivious about the weight limits. I contacted Aegean Airlines about this "misunderstanding" and they told me that they cannot do anything about it because the agent registered the reason for the charge as my cabin bag being overweight. Always have the luggage allowance description with you printed at the check-in as well, just to be sure you won't be overcharged.
RouteEdinburgh to Athens
Date FlownMay 2021

"find their behavior to be inexcusable"

Not Verified | My opinion of Aegean comes from the difficulty we had canceling flights that we were scheduled to take in September 2020 because, as Americans, it was illegal for us even to be in the EU due to COVID-19 concerns. Aegean kept insisting that they'd only refund our taxes since our tickets were otherwise non - refundable, despite the special circumstances. They wanted us to produce information it was literally impossible to provide. Luckily, American Express stepped in and we received a full refund, but only over Aegean's every effort to keep it from happening. I've never been involved in such a ludicrous customer service circus, and find their behavior to be inexcusable.
RouteAthens to Marseilles
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"great airline to travel with"

Not Verified | Totally disagree with the previous review. I must congratulate Aegean with all their Covid procedures. Check-in was quick, efficient and polite. Boarding conducted in an orderly manner with All cabin crew wearing masks and ensuring that passengers complied with the strict measures with announcements on the PA system. Box meal provided with bottled water and regular checks by cabin crew to ensure mask wearing by passengers. Smooth flight, regular updates from cockpit. Landed early, hassle free arrival with reminders about compliance with Covid rules upon entry to Greece. Well done Aegean, great airline to travel with. A 4 star Covid safe carrier.
AircraftA320 NEO
Date FlownMarch 2021

"no Covid-19 measures"

Not Verified | Extremely overpriced, rude staff, no Covid-19 measures for boarding and disembarkation and they are always looking for sneaky ways to charge you more. I wouldn’t recommend and will never travel with Aegean again.
RouteUnited Kingdom to Greece
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I had very good experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I was disappointed many times by other airlines (wich I find ethical not to mention here) during these pandemic period. Surprisingly, I had very good experience with Aegean in every stage - from speaking to customer service to changing my ticket and getting alternative solutions to my problems. I what to thank the team with polite ladies on the phone and give you an excellent rating. Good luck!
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Crew with a smile and calm"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Domestic flight in the early days of covid 19. Both flights half empty. Everyone wearing masks and applying sanitizer all the time. Crew with a smile and calm. Behind the smile, both crew and passengers were pretty nervous. Was considering to postpone my travel, but was unable to reach the call centre due to the overload and there was no option doing this online to an open ticket (this service later became available). I do not regret that I did travel though. Both flights on time. Used to mobile app for check-in and proceeded directly to the gate. All was ok.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"vouchers that take ridiculously long time"

Trip Verified | Aegean is getting clients to book flights that they proceed to cancel a few hours later. Instead of refunding the money, they either propose to transfer you to more expensive flights or issue vouchers that take ridiculously long time to be issued.
RouteGeneva to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2020

"cabin baggage policy is very strict 8kg"

Trip Verified | Very good airline however the new cabin baggage policy is very strict 8kg. Before boarding Aegean has scales and will weigh your cabin bag (they weighed nearly everyone on my flight), no duty-free is allowed extra it must be in your 8kg allowance and no hand bag or laptop bag is allowed. The only good thing is they were not strict with duty-free and I passed mine OK. The snack bag was excellent and had high quality foods inside. If the cabin baggage doesn't change I won't be booking with Aegean again, hopefully after covid this will change.
Date FlownNovember 2020