Aegean Airlines

"vouchers that take ridiculously long time"

Trip Verified | Aegean is getting clients to book flights that they proceed to cancel a few hours later. Instead of refunding the money, they either propose to transfer you to more expensive flights or issue vouchers that take ridiculously long time to be issued.
RouteGeneva to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2020

"cabin baggage policy is very strict 8kg"

Trip Verified | Very good airline however the new cabin baggage policy is very strict 8kg. Before boarding Aegean has scales and will weigh your cabin bag (they weighed nearly everyone on my flight), no duty-free is allowed extra it must be in your 8kg allowance and no hand bag or laptop bag is allowed. The only good thing is they were not strict with duty-free and I passed mine OK. The snack bag was excellent and had high quality foods inside. If the cabin baggage doesn't change I won't be booking with Aegean again, hopefully after covid this will change.
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I don't know how this could get any worse"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. Cancelled my ticket due to pandemic, moved to new dates without adding the seats and the baggage booked which was at an extra cost. For 3 days I have called without exaggeration over 50 times. No response on their phone numbers. I don't know how this could get any worse of an experience.
RouteThessaloniki to Rome via Athens
Date FlownNovember 2020

"still waiting for my refund"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | This flight was cancelled by Aegean and I am still waiting for my refund. Where is my money?
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charged for excess 2kg of hand baggage"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Very disappointing, hand baggage is only one piece of 7 kg and no personal item. Aegean Airlines charged me 50 eur for an excess 2kg of hand baggage, totally unacceptable
RouteAthens to Sofia
Date FlownOctober 2020

"professional and comfortable flight"

Not Verified | Trouble - free and polite check in at Terminal 2. Boarded efficiently. On time departure. Polite and professional crew, greeted at door. Box meal during flight but understandable given Covid precautions. Crew ensured face coverings were worn. Landed early and swift collection of luggage. A very professional and comfortable flight. Well done Aegean.
AircraftA320 NEO

"Awful experience"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Heraklion to Thessaloniki with Aegean Airlines. Awful experience, very rude crew and they charge extra for luggage while you only can have one luggage of 8 kilos without informing you about changes before the check in.
RouteHeraklion to Thessaloniki
Date FlownOctober 2020

"that is why I started yelling"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I was traveling to Bucharest, after checking in and going through the control area, I arrived at the gate that my flight was going to take place. 30 minutes before the flight, they announced that the boarding will start soon. Firstly, it was smooth no problems with anyone even though some people had more than 1 luggage, duty free bags. Towards the end of boarding and approximately 20 people were standing at the queue, a female came to check the last people's tickets to see what ticket they purchased. I have purchased the economy class ticket along with most of my fellows. That lady checked my ticket, and said only one bag is allowed in the plane looking at my other hand while I was holding an extra duty free bag with 2 bottle of spirit that I purchased. And she literally pointed that I had to shove into my bag 2 alcoholic spirits which it was really hard since my bag was smaller than the required size. I did manage to storeboth in my bag which I was really glad about it. When I reached the ticket check, the same lady stopped me and said "OK did u manage to fit everything in your luggage'' I replied "yes thank you" and she goes "ok let's check the weight". It's this moment that you realize the obvious. Yes the luggage was more than 8kg but what you expect after she is the one that told me fit everything in your bag so you can board the aircraft. So I was really angry at that moment and that is why I started yelling. What was the outcome?! I did manage to fit the 2 alcoholic spirits in my bag I had only one bag That bag was more that 8 kg obviously since I had to fit everything She initially said nothing can be done and after a while she changed her mind and charged that bag with an extra 50 euros.
RouteAthens to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Smiling and helpful crew"

Trip Verified | 6-month old Airbus A320 Neo. Aegean has opted for a very nice internal configuration on this brand new aircraft type but, strangely, without IFE & overhead screens for live flight tracking / map. Smiling and helpful crew. Poor mean served (a small sandwich, a small chocolate bar and a bottle of water). Full drinks service. At the moment, the Aegean lounge at Athens airport has a much better offering than the Lufthansa lounge. Would fly again.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteAthens to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"excellent on every level"

Trip Verified | I required assistance on flights from Edinburgh via Athens to Santorini, and on my return , I would like to thank all of your staff at every stage of my journey, they were excellent on every level and made my journey so easy and were pleasant and made me feel comfortable, thank you all so much
RouteEdinburgh to Santorini