Aegean Airlines

"rude security check"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Athens to Paris. Quite rude security check after passport control when boarding starts. One manager asked to take my passport without any greeting and was looking at me for 20 seconds and then just got back my passport without saying a word. It was a feeling like I’m a second class citizen maybe because I have Russian passport.
AircraftA320-200
RouteAthens to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2019

13th February 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kozlov, we are really sorry reading your less than favorable comments regarding the specific travel experience with us. If you wish, our colleagues from our Customer Relations team to further check it, please send all the necessary information via https://bit.ly/2qVYsuI. We are at your disposal.

"Pleasant flight and care"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Amsterdam. Business class was a good value. Used the app to check in, pretty easy, selected seat whilst making the booking (1A). Fast track security was very fast (although Athens airport is very fast all the times). Went to their lounge, which was very nice, with a good selection of food and drinks. Priority boarding was efficient, warm towel was given 2 times (after take off and after meal). The service was excellent and the food delicious - a traditional Greek meal cooked in a modern way (grilled sea bream and spinach with rice with a touch of lemon). It looked like a young male flight attendand was being trained and the more senior staff were very helpful and supportive to him. Very cheerful and smiling throughout the flight. Pleasant flight and care for the passenger.
RouteAthens to Amsterdam

13th February 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Karykas, we're so happy you enjoyed your Aegean Airlines flight. Hope to see you on board again soon! Our aim is always to ensure that we offer our passengers a comfortable and enjoyable travel throughout. We are looking forward to welcome you on board soon again!

"never disappointed"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Flying with my family from Lax to EWR and than London with United. London to Athens with Aegean Airlines. So happy that we arrived in London and finally we had a flight with Aegean back to Athens. The flights with United was terrible, rude people from the check in at LAX until the and in London. Dear Aegean, you are really small if I compare you with United but you have to give some lessons to them, to tell them about service and “philoxenia”! Living in Samos Island and many times I’m flying Aegean and never disappointed! Hopefully in the future you can fly over the Atlantic too. You have the best aircraft service.
RouteLondon to Athens

14th January 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Zachos, thank you for your kind words regarding our on board service. It is always very much appreciated and encouraging for us to receive positive comments. We can’t wait to welcome you on board in the near future. Thank you!

"good and offered with a smile"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Bucharest return on evening flights. Outbound flight about 65% full, return flight almost full. Flights on time, snack and drinks offered within the ticket price, were good and offered with a smile. Travelled with hand luggage, but checked it in for free on our outbound flight - that was pretty relaxing. Orderly boarding generally and arrived on time. Tried to use their streaming app, it worked fine, however you need to have your earphones with you (for music and films). Only negative was that in Bucharest a lot of people boarded as gold/family/disabled, when clearly they were not entitled, making it unfair for the rest of the passengers (for example a lady with a 14 year old daughter, or a group of adult youngsters).
RouteAthens to Bucharest

14th January 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Karykas, thank you for sharing your overall positive review regarding your recent travel experience with us. Your comments are well noted and important to us. We are looking forward to welcome you on board soon again. Thank you!

"I would fly Aegean again"

Trip Verified | Athens to Tirana. First impressions are lasting impressions. I would fly Aegean again based on our experience. Boarding process was smooth; however, I didn't see why they had two lines when everyone was boarding the same bus to the airplane. Flight Crew was very pleasant. A light Mediterranean style breakfast was served along with complimentary beverages for a flight that is about an hour and 40 minutes in length. Cf, British Airways for a 3 hours flight to Athens (no meal or complimentary beverages). I was able to log on to the Aegean Flight Stream; however, it did not appear to work. We were seated in the exit row with plenty of legroom and width in the seats.
RouteAthens to Tirana

14th January 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Noormohamed, thank you for taking the time to forward us your feedback, regarding your flight to Tirana with us! Your comment regarding the AEGEAN Stream is noted and forwarded to the involved department, for further evaluation. We are really happy to know that we have been your choice on this trip, while we look forward to hosting you on one of our flights again soon! Thank you very much.

"Excellent crew and value"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | London to Larnaca via Athens. Excellent crew and value for money. One of the few airlines to serve free food/snacks and drinks in flight. My flight from Heathrow was delayed and I had a connection in Athens. Surprisingly, they have connection ambasadors (as Aegean calls them) which are waiting for once you arrive to guide you on your next flight (if both flights are operated by Aegean or Olympic). The seats were comfortable enough as well. I am a star alliance member too. I have flown many times with Aegean and they never let me down. Very pleased.
AircraftA321-A320
RouteLondon to Larnaca via Athens

9th January 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Stanedos, we warmly appreciate receiving your positive overall review on our provided services during your flight from London to Athens, through Athens, with us! We are really happy to know that we have been your choice on this trip, while, we look forward to hosting you on one of our flights again soon! Thank you very much.

"I asked them for an upgrade"

Trip Verified | I flew on Aegean from Athens to Cairo, a direct flight and when I arrived in Cairo I received a text informing me that my bag did not arrive in Cairo with me. When I checked my bag that morning 2.5 hours before my flight was scheduled to depart, the rude airline employee put my bag on the conveyor belt after tagging it. The belt stopped and reversed, the bag came back, and I asked the Aegean rep. why. She said without looking at me, "It's overweight! Take it go over there!" and then she ignored me. I said, "I just flew yesterday with your airline and the bag weighed 20.3 kg and there is nothing new in it." She kept ignoring me so I went to a different line, where I waited for 30 minutes to be told my bag was not overweight and indeed did weigh 20.3 kg. In Cairo, when I found out my bag had not arrived, I saw that most of the other passengers on my flight had not gotten theirs either. In fact, I later learned that Aegean Airlines had misplaced or lost the luggage of passengers of five different flights in two days! I had to fill out a form and get a complaint number. I expected to hear from the airline that day telling me they had located my bag, but that didn't happen. The next day I got a message from WorldTracer, a luggage tracing service, that my bag had been located "pending confirmation." For an entire week that message remained on the site. I had one email from Aegean Airlines customer service department informing me the day after my flight that my bag had been located and was being flown to Cairo but that proved not to be true. I emailed and called Aegean Airlines and never got a straight answer about where my bag was. I got emails that told me to "rest assured" that they were doing everything they could to resolve the problem. They never returned my calls and only repeated information about being reimbursed for "first needs" for up to 40 euros per day. The list of information they needed to approve reimbursement was ridiculously long. Finally, a week later and only minutes after speaking with another Aegean Airlines customer services rep. and being told they didn't know the whereabouts of my luggage but were doing everything they could to find it, I got an email from the lost luggage office in Cairo airport telling me my bag had been delivered there and I could pick it up. It cost me two taxi rides and five hours to retrieve my bag from the airport. I spent a week not knowing if I'd ever see my belongings again. Deeply regrettably, I still have one flight ahead of me with this terrible airline and I dread turning over my belongings to them. When I asked them for an upgrade for that flight, they told me they weren't able to do that. I'm sorry I can't change my flight.
RouteAthens to Cairo

9th January 2019 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Davies, we have carefully read your message and we assure you that we make every effort to handle our customers' luggage with accuracy and care. At this time, it seems that your experience has proven otherwise, therefore please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do have a special team through our Customer Relations and our colleagues can provide you with any further assistance you may need, in relation to any issue you may have with your luggage. Therefore, please provide us with all details by contacting us via our online form http://bit.ly/1GHR4RD. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

"number in Cairo never answers"

Trip Verified | Too tight seats and quite humble food. The worst was that my suitcase did not reach Cairo and was left behind in transit. The management of the lost and found was too bad. After two hours of waiting they made us fill a form and promised to call to give updates. They gave us a number to call for inquiry. That number in Cairo never answers. No other numbers available. They didn’t call. I called the HQ in Athens they couldn’t help. It is 12 hours since my flight arrived.
RouteLondon to Cairo via Athens

18th December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Soliman, we are really sorry for not meeting your expectations during your recent flight with us. We ensure you, that in cases of late luggage delivery, we do our best in order to fastly reunite passengers with their luggage and provide them with all the related information throughout this procedure. Actually, we do have a special team through our Customer Relations and our colleagues can provide you with any further assistance you may need, in relation to any issue you may have with your luggage. Therefore, please provide us with all details by contacting us via our online form http://bit.ly/1GHR4RD, and we will come in touch with you shortly. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

"the service was great"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Athens. It was a rather nice flight. It is the first time I flew Aegean. We did get a snack and drink on board. I will fly them again as the service was great and outstanding.
RouteDublin to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2018

6th December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Robson, we are very glad to receive your feedback on your recent flight with us. We hope to welcome you on board again soon! Thank you.

"polite and welcoming"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Prague. I am flying with Aegean Airlines about 4 - 5 times per year and I have enjoyed every trip. I can always find a normal price for the flight, the aircrafts are clean, the staff is so polite and welcoming and the snacks always fresh and tasty. In the Prague airport, the service is as it should be always. Mine only complaints have to do with the airport in Athens, as always are unnecessary delays. The flight to Prague is not using a gateway to the aircraft, but a bus. There is still a priority to Gold and Silver members, for no reason in that case, since everyone will get on a bus. Also, another thing that I had complained in the past in the company's support contact form, is about other's passenger's cabin luggage, which in many are too big in comparison with the proper aircraft cabin luggage. As a result, most of the times, there is an announcement for giving cabin luggage without extra cost in order to be stored in the cargo compartment of the plane. This seems unfair for the people who are typical with their luggage.
RouteAthens to Prague
Date FlownSeptember 2018

1st December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Lakinolous, we warmly appreciate receiving your review on our services during your trip with us.It is our priority to provide best quality services to all our passengers and for this reason, we will share your comments internally for further consideration. Moreover, our colleagues at Customer Relations team will be happy to assist you anytime with any query you may have. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.