Aegean Airlines

"I was 2 kilos over the limit"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | My daughter bought this one way flight for me and paid Euro 140 with just cabin luggage. The ground staff representative asked me to change my flight to a flight that was leaving 7 hours later, without any consideration about the amount of money we had spent on this flight or what I was going to be doing for 7 hours at Corfu airport. My daughter had bought me this flight which was two times more expensive than the later one as I do not like to return home when it is dark. When I declined to change, she asked to weigh my cabin luggage. She then told me I was 2 kilos over the limit and I start unpacking my case, otherwise I would have to pay another Euro 35. I eventually left the check in area with my clothes over my arms and eventually repacked my case. While boarding, the same lady reprimanded me because I had repacked my case. Low cost airlines offer better service and much better value for money.
AircraftDHC-8 400 Series
RouteCorfu to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"had to pay for that 60 euros"

Trip Verified | My wife had a very small hand bag, we had to pay for that 60 euros, so I gave the lady cash, and she answered that they don t accept cash, so i told her what if i don’t have a credit card! She answered me, Sir you can complain at Aegean airline or airport in a rude way. When we arrived to our destination, they broke our luggage.
AircraftOa 201
RouteRhodes to Geneva via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"45 mins connection window "

Trip Verified | Zero arrangements for connection flights. My Aegean flight came 30 mins late and I only had a 45 mins connection window to catch my flight to Thessaloniki with Olympic Air. No one made sure they waited for us, the boarding gate was across the airport so I was running for 15 mins. Had all my papers, covid pass and PFL checked before departure, yet they checked passports with another security check in control despite not leaving the airport. At the end my hand luggage was taken at the plane baggage section because there was no space upstairs. Think about connection flights!
RouteSofia to Thessaloniki via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"now all they have is a snack"

Trip Verified | I think the theoretical boarding procedures they have in place for covid are really good. Fill the plane from back to front and avoid too many people being on top of each other. The problem is that they do not to execute the boarding procedures the way they say they will and that leads to a lot of confusion. They used to have in flight meals in Economy, now all they have is a snack. At the end of the flight they squeezed passengers onto a bus.
RouteZurich to Athens

"Efficient, friendly service"

Not Verified | Larnaca to London Heathrow via Athens. Efficient, friendly service. Check-in at Larnaca was efficient and quick and all docs were checked with professionalism. Bags tagged all the way to Heathrow and boarding passes were given for both flights. Perfect on-board service, as always, for both flights. Would highly recommend this airline and would definitely choose them as my first choice when booking even if this involves a transfer at Athens International Airport. We’ll done Aegean Airlines.
RouteLarnaca to London Heathrow via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"very pleased with the crew and the service"

Not Verified | I am travelling with Aegean Airlines every year from London to Greece and me with my kids are having great time on the flight. We recently came back from Athens Greece on 01.09 and we are very pleased with the crew and the service. I am missing the before COVID-19 period meals but the new kolatsio version is very good quality and tasty. I have been a member of Aegean Airlines for a long time now and even though I have tried Easyjet and Ryanair I won't change Aegean Airlines with anything.
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"very good in-flight service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Aircraft new and clean. Seating is awful. Baggage policy on a "Light" fare is cheap like low cost. Fair in-flight food, very good in-flight service.
RouteManchester to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Online check in was great"

Trip Verified | First flight was good and made me think it's an overlooked airline. Return flight made me think this is my last time with you. Online check in was great, clear options for upgrade, luggage etc. Clear communication (gate, gate opens etc.) although a long wait with less clarity before boarding. As I approached the gate B5 a lady with was checking all passengers passports, tickets and vaccination certificates or PCR tests. I was not sure about what was going on so I tried to listen to her conversations to prepare the necessary documents. Brief checks for everyone. I handed my ticket, passport and showed my vaccination certificate. Then she asked me to recite some information on my passport verifying the accuracy. Name, date of birth, place of birth and I was asked to pull down my mask. Then came the last step before boarding. Quick look at my documents. "Do you speak French Sir"? How can you ask me that when you hold my French passport in your hands that states my place of birth? He then handed the passport to some security person who was glancing through the pages with a confused face.
RouteAthens to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Smooth flight, landed on time"

Not Verified | Check in area at T2 busy but well managed . Passengers ahead of me were holding up the queue, arguing about having to pay extra for hand luggage. The Aegean website clearly states the hand luggage allowance for the 3 types of ticket and this is clearly displayed at check-in . Some people are selfish and want an overhead bin all to themselves in the cabin. The passengers ahead of me had to pay extra as they had much more hand luggage than their free allowance. The check-in lady was polite but firm, good job. Boarding was efficient, on time departure. Bottled water and snack served, polite cabin crew. Smooth flight, landed on time. Suitcase arrived undamaged.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2021

"€40 to board a hand luggage"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | The luggage fee in economy class is ridiculous: €40 to board a hand luggage, and the option is not advertised when purchasing the ticket. Sad that another flagship carrier turned economy airline. I won’t fly with them again.
AircraftA320 NEO