Aegean Airlines

"Politely greeted at door"

Not Verified | Aegean check-in at Istanbul Airport are the only desks with approachable staff who serve you with a smile. This airport is too big and very impersonal. Expensive Duty Free Shops and eateries Boarded on time, nice, clean aircraft. Politely greeted at door. Slightly delayed departure, short flight, only 50 minutes, drinks and snack served by professional crew. Landed on time. No issues.
RouteIstanbul to Athens
Date FlownJune 2022

"Aegean lost my bag 7 days ago"

Not Verified | Aegean lost my bag 7 days ago and it is impossible to contact them. The world tracer is not updated and while they are supposed to contact me after 5 days there is no contact. The bag is an expensive piece of sports equipment and I have no idea if I will see it again. I waited over 50 minutes on their central baggage phone number without answer. I emailed them numerous times and no reply.
RouteDublin to Paros via Athens
Date FlownJune 2022

"Service was good and attentive as always with this airline"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Early morning flight due to flight schedule changes (three months in advance notice). Flight JMK-ATH left early and arrived nearly 20 minutes ahead of schedule in Athens. Despite a nearly 2 hour connection, one of our priority tagged bags did not make it (together with 30 other bags) on the flight from ATH to CPH. It is quite impressive that Gold Air handling missed a whole trolley of bags. Flight to CPH was fine. Good service and quite nice new seats in Business Class (empty middle seat). Breakfast OK, not fantastic. Service was good and attentive as always with this airline. Bag trouble took 1 hour to register in CPH. Friendly service but took a while. One of our bags arrived on the wrong bag belt after us asking where it was. The other bag was left in Athens. Bag arrived following day late at night on a strange bag delivery service as I had to come down to the delivery truck and visually point at my bag. Strange and not very professional. Bottom line, poor to lose a priority bag in a two hour connection. And, by the way, I do not like the way this airline randomly pick on economy people to weigh their bags. In my opinion is either all or none. Not some poor people who has to face a huge cost because of one kg overweight hand luggage. What is really the point of upsetting people. The airline should know that if they write max 5kg hand luggage people will bring 10, if they write 8, they will bring 12. Build this in to the business model!
AircraftA320Neo
RouteMykonos to Copenhagen via Athens
Date FlownJune 2022

"checked-in luggage has been lost"

Not Verified | Horrible. Flight delayed more than 1 hour. After luckily making my connection right on time, upon arriving I find that my checked-in luggage has been lost. I filed a complaint, they said my luggage would be delivered to me in 1 or 2 days. Two days have passed and I have not received any feedback. My address for delivery in their website is incorrect (I chose to send to my temporary address, but they are showing that they are sending to my permanent address, which is in another country). Their websites are broken so you cannot update any information successfully. I called multiple times, one call took more than 35 minutes and nothing was resolved. Other calls I have waited for 20 minutes and then the call was dropped without having the chance to talk to anyone.
RouteAthens to Paris

"exemplary customer service"

Not Verified | My employer was stuck for 2 1/2 hours in the Toronto Pearson Airport because of a delayed Air Canada flight headed to Athens, Greece last evening (June 16th, 2022) due to understaffing of airport personnel and consequently would miss his Athens (Aegean Airlines) connection to Mykonos on the other end. I call Aegean's customer service in Athens and spoke with a lovely gentleman, Avgoustis. Avgoustis was calm, reassuring, patient and found me the best possible solution to get my employer on a connecting flight to his final destination (Mykonos) in the shortest time possible. He kept me calm! I really hope that someone will recognize this gentlemen's exemplary customer service.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownJune 2022

"very rude, no negotiating and very aggressive"

Trip Verified | Flight from Athens to Mykonos was great, every part. Our flight from Santorini to Athens - not so good. The agent working at check-in at the Santorini airport was rude, angry and classless. We had only a carry on that we checked once at Athens. We didn't buy anything and actually left our beach towels at the hotel. Upon checking in we were told that one of our carry on luggage was 2 kilos overweight and the other carry on was a half kilo over weight. We tried to explain those original luggage did not incur any problems before. We were charged an extra 50 euros. The way she said it was very rude, no negotiating and very aggressive. I guess this is how they treat you when you are trapped on an island. Definitely recommend the ferry or another airline.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"Due personal reasons, we can't fly to Greece"

Trip Verified | We booked our flights for December 2021. As covid hit harder, we decided to plan for another month, so we changed our flights for May 2022. Due personal reasons, we can't fly to Greece. I contacted the customer service several times, waiting in the line over 15 minutes, 15 minutes which I need to pay, the second call they told me they cannot help as I booked the flight somewhere else. So I contacted the initial website and got the information, they do not have the booking, as I changed the date on the airline website. Long story short, we lost 400€. I would really recommend to book at bigger airlines, at least you will get help if needed. So disappointing!
RouteHamburg to Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"Excellent service by the cabin crew"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Excellent service by the cabin crew and the ground crew. They went1 beyond their responsibilities and helped me do the check in for another flight to EU country and communicate with another airport. They are kind and truly helpful! I have been using their service for several years now and I never had a negative experience with them.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownApril 2022

"my first choice to and from Greece"

Not Verified | Had to reschedule my flight to Athens from London. Called the Aegean Customer Service line to do this. Lines were busy but didn't wait long. Call answered by very polite agent. I explained my situation about requiring my flight to be rescheduled and my onward connection within Greece. Agent did this and explained the process in excellent English. I paid the extra and booking was complete, no fuss, no bother. Flight was outstanding from start to finish, as usual. These are difficult times for everyone and we need a degree of flexibility. I am still shocked to see how rude and aggressive some passengers are to airline staff when travelling . Aegean is still my first choice to and from Greece, no airline is perfect but they are better than most.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownApril 2022

"They have lost 2 very good clients"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I just wanted to share my terrible experience (and it is the same for a lot of people!) with Aegean Airlines! In my case, after booking a flight to Athens, they first cancelled my flight and, instead of reimbursing the ticket, they offered me a voucher. I've reluctantly accepted, considering that my girlfriend and I go very often to Greece because we love it and we have dear friends there. The voucher, due to the Covid emergency still not allowing us to use it, expired. When I asked a reimbursement, as per point 9 of their Terms & Conditions policy, they have deliberately ignored all the emails I have sent. They have lost 2 very good clients, considering that we had always flown with Aegean and that we keep going to Greece as often as we can. Now I will rather swim to Greece, than using Aegean again! Worst airline ever!
RouteBrussels to Athens