Aegean Airlines

"number in Cairo never answers"

Trip Verified | Too tight seats and quite humble food. The worst was that my suitcase did not reach Cairo and was left behind in transit. The management of the lost and found was too bad. After two hours of waiting they made us fill a form and promised to call to give updates. They gave us a number to call for inquiry. That number in Cairo never answers. No other numbers available. They didn’t call. I called the HQ in Athens they couldn’t help. It is 12 hours since my flight arrived.
RouteLondon to Cairo via Athens
Date FlownDecember 2018

18th December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Soliman, we are really sorry for not meeting your expectations during your recent flight with us. We ensure you, that in cases of late luggage delivery, we do our best in order to fastly reunite passengers with their luggage and provide them with all the related information throughout this procedure. Actually, we do have a special team through our Customer Relations and our colleagues can provide you with any further assistance you may need, in relation to any issue you may have with your luggage. Therefore, please provide us with all details by contacting us via our online form http://bit.ly/1GHR4RD, and we will come in touch with you shortly. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

"the service was great"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Athens. It was a rather nice flight. It is the first time I flew Aegean. We did get a snack and drink on board. I will fly them again as the service was great and outstanding.
RouteDublin to Athens

6th December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Robson, we are very glad to receive your feedback on your recent flight with us. We hope to welcome you on board again soon! Thank you.

"polite and welcoming"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Prague. I am flying with Aegean Airlines about 4 - 5 times per year and I have enjoyed every trip. I can always find a normal price for the flight, the aircrafts are clean, the staff is so polite and welcoming and the snacks always fresh and tasty. In the Prague airport, the service is as it should be always. Mine only complaints have to do with the airport in Athens, as always are unnecessary delays. The flight to Prague is not using a gateway to the aircraft, but a bus. There is still a priority to Gold and Silver members, for no reason in that case, since everyone will get on a bus. Also, another thing that I had complained in the past in the company's support contact form, is about other's passenger's cabin luggage, which in many are too big in comparison with the proper aircraft cabin luggage. As a result, most of the times, there is an announcement for giving cabin luggage without extra cost in order to be stored in the cargo compartment of the plane. This seems unfair for the people who are typical with their luggage.
RouteAthens to Prague

1st December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Lakinolous, we warmly appreciate receiving your review on our services during your trip with us.It is our priority to provide best quality services to all our passengers and for this reason, we will share your comments internally for further consideration. Moreover, our colleagues at Customer Relations team will be happy to assist you anytime with any query you may have. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

"non stop team work"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Munich. Hospitality and smiles from aircraft staff. Very responsive on requests and always "non stop" team work to have everyone pleased. Very clean and good seats. Nice weather assisted to perform such a lovely flight to Munich.
RouteAthens to Munich

1st December 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Koumiotis, thank you for sharing your overall positive review regarding your recent travel experience with us. We would like to assure you that our goal is to always provide you with a satisfying trip throughout and transform your flight trip to a heartwarming and genuine experience. We would be happy to have you on board soon. Thank you

"thoroughly competent performance"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Athens. A late departure of 90 minutes caused by early morning fog at Gatwick which had delayed the incoming flight from Athens was handled competently with regular updates from the flight deck including information for those with connecting flights. Aegean are still a full service airline. Lunch was a chicken and rice dish, which was perfectly adequate, with a full bar service. Athens arrival was to a remote stand with bus connection to the terminal. This all worked well but there was a disappointingly long wait at immigration for EU citizens with no wait for 'other' passports. More an airport issue than an Aegean one. Overall a thoroughly competent performance.
RouteGatwick to Athens

12th November 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Duckworth, we warmly appreciate receiving your positive review on our provided services during your trip with us. We will be happy to welcome you on board soon again! Thank you.

"What more you could ask for"

Trip Verified | Amman to Athens. There is nothing to write about this flight. Aegean Airlines delivered what was important: air travel from point A to point B, on-time, reasonably comfortable, with decent service. What more you could ask for?
RouteAmman to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2018

1st November 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Tran, thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent travel experience with us! We are looking forward to welcome you on board soon again!

"a nice customer service"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | A good, hassle free airline with a nice customer service. There was no delay but they didn’t provide me food on route from Paris to Athens. The plane was new and I could not hear the plane sound during flight. So my ear didn’t hurt.
RouteParis to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2018

1st November 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Customer, we are happy to read your positive review regarding your recent flight with us. Please note that the only cases where we do not offer meals, is when our passengers are resting. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you on board soon again!

"flight attendants very friendly"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Munich via Athens. We flew Aegean because their flight was convenient, not too expensive and the fee for extra luggage was very fair. We moved back from Egypt to Germany, so we had a lot of luggage. Check-in was done by Egypt Air staff and was efficient. We were allowed by airport security to use an unused check-in counter to check the weight of our luggage and we had to repack a bit, so when we checked in, our 5 suitcases matched the weight-requirement exactly. The clerk seemed to be a bit disappointed. Boarding the aircraft was on time and flight attendants were very friendly and helpful with our hand luggage. My wife was carrying a musical instrument and nobody cared that it was quite bulky. Service on the first leg cannot be rated, as we both fell asleep before even take-off (it was 3:30 a.m.). Changing planes in Athens was okay, only the departure gate was anounced quite late. Then the flight to Munich was nice, flight attendants very friendly, breakfast was okay, beverage selection fine. All luggage arrived on time in Munich. I cannot remember any in-flight entertainment, as I was mostly sleeping, but on flights with duration less then 2,5 hours one does not need entertainment.
RouteCairo to Munich via Athens
Date FlownJuly 2018

1st November 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Gerhart, we warmly appreciate receiving your positive overall review on our provided services during your flight with us. It will be our honor to welcome you on board soon again. Thank you for your preference to us!

"staff were polite and helpful"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Athens. I made six different flights with Aegean Airlines and its subsidiary Olympic Airways in a mix of business/economy classes on Airbus A320 and Dash-8 planes. All left and arrived on time. The Aegean/Olympic staff both on the ground and in the air were polite and helpful. Meals, when they were served, were good. The planes were clean and comfortable. The lounge in Athens Airport had really good food and a selection of Greek wines.
RouteIstanbul to Athens

9th October 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Boonzaier, thank you for sharing such a favorable review regarding your recent flights with us. It is always a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our services throughout your trip. We hope to welcome you on board very soon!

"recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | As a Gold Member I fly regularly with Aegean and can compliment the timeliness, friendliness and professionalism of staff. I have been flying regularly from London to Thessaloniki via Athens (approx. 16 flights a year). On this occasion I was more than disappointed. The flight was delayed (not the airlines fault) but the crew did not seem to be interested in the comfort of staff. On several occasions elderly passengers struggled to place their luggage in the overhead bin and received no assistance from crew who stood by and watched. I was surprised by this as I usually they always assist. Due to the delay in take off the connection time in Athens would be shorter than normal. At this point, as always, I was not worried as Aegean usually does a excellent job in handling connection flights. Upon arrival to Athens and once departing the plane the connection Ambassador was shouting for anyone going to Thessaloniki to hurry - very unwelcoming! To make it worse she then decided to start sprinting and was shouting at everyone you have to run! Run or you will not make it. Looking at my fellow passengers who were mostly elderly this was more than unacceptable. My partner as well, due to an injury could not keep up. I told the member of staff to calm down and take it slow but she kept shouting to run and hurry. At this point I decided to proceed on my own with my partner to the gate and we made it in plenty of time before boarding had even started. Never have I experienced such rude behavior and such unnecessary stress. As a connection ambassador she should have known that there was time and that we would have easily made it to the gate with time left to spare. Instead everyone was pushed to walk at a fast pace with people struggling and no one taking notice. Aegean needs to review this and ensure the ground staff offer a good connecting experience with staff making sure everyone reaches their next flight in comfort. Even with the bad experience I can only recommend the airline and all they have achieved but find it necessary to share all types of feedback.
RouteLondon to Thessaloniki via Athens

9th October 2018 : Aegean Airlines response

Dear Mr. Kannigatis, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent trip with us. It is our goal to ensure that you enjoy the same level of services throughout your trip with us, on and off board. If you wish, you may share with us more details, in order to further check it, through https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/app/email. Thank you once again for your time.