Emirates

Customer rating from 2025 reviews

"left stranded in Phuket"

Not Verified | My son and girlfriend left stranded in Phuket by Emirates. They were on a 2 week holiday. Emirates flew them out there on 14th March then sent a text on 22nd informing them their flight home on 28 March was cancelled. No advice on how they could contact them or alternative flight options home. Emirates did not answer phone calls, e mails nothing. Just left stranded. I had to Pay £2000 for Ethihad flight to get them home. They had to fly to Bangkok first, stay in a hotel overnight then catch the Etihad flight. To date Emirates have only sent an automated response re claim for refund. Never again will we book with Emirates.
RoutePhuket to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don’t want to refund us"

Trip Verified | They cancelled all the flight and left us in Thailand with no option to go home and didn’t answer the phone or emails. We were abandoned there with no information. We had to buy a new ticket to get home (1500€) and now they don’t want to refund us anything.
RouteBangkok to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They left everyone stranded"

Trip Verified | Booked a ticket from Bangkok to London on 30 March. 23rd March got an email saying it was cancelled. They left everyone stranded in Thailand with no notice. I must take my hat off to EVA Air that has kept operating and saved thousands of people being stranded. Also they did not inflate their prices. Was always a good fan of them and now definitely will stick with EVA Air. Impossible to contact Emirates and still waiting for a refund which should have been processed immediately so I could pay for the new ticket home. So no flight, and still have my money. No way would I accept a voucher as I will never use them again. Dispute filed with credit card.
RouteBangkok to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refund will be done within 90 days"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight and when I requested for full refund they told me, it will be available within 15 days. After 20 days I called them back to ask what is going on and why my account is still not refunded. They told me that they recently changed their policy and refund will be done within 90 days. Is this a joke. This is not fair and you have to be ashamed of your policy.
RouteSydney to Sofia via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Emirates again"

Not Verified | My wife and I were booked to fly home business class with Emirates to the UK on the 26.03.2020. On the 25.03.2020 we learned that our flight had been cancelled. We contacted the Emirates customer information at Perth Airport for further information. It was confirmed that our flight was cancelled and we were told that as we were no longer a customer with Emirates how we got home was not a concern of Emirates. The phone was then hung up. We got home eventually with Qatar Airways where we had to pay twice the normal cost for regular seats. Since getting home we have been offered vouchers which we have refused saying we want a refund of the cost of the return flight. We have been told that any refund (if offered) may take many months and it is unlikely that Emirates will agree to a full refund for the return flight which they cancelled. What a way to treat it's customer. A disgrace. We will never fly with Emirates again.
RoutePerth to Manchester via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Emirates has failed to live up to it’s Customer expectation"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Bangalore via Dubai. I had great expectations after learning that this was the number one airline in the world. It is far from being so, it doesn’t even qualify to be within the first 50, unfortunately. The customer service officials are so ill informed that they can hardly be of help to the customers. They have only canned answers. The travel segment referenced to in this review was understandably canceled because of the covid pandemic. So then I called up to cancel the ticket the customer service diverted me to another website and made me fill out the entire form and submit cancellation. He said it is going to take two weeks for the refund, which was fair. Emirates is misusing the disaster to its advantage and abusing the customers. Now they say it is going to take 90 days to refund the amount. Now there is no way I can get back without being refunded the amount. Their responses are very poor. An airline quality and service is better judged at the time of an exception. Emirates has failed to live up to it’s Customer expectation. Most other airlines I had booked have already refunded my money. So that gives us a relative sense or comparison.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Bangalore via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"travel agent refusing to provide refund."

Trip Verified | Delhi to Stansted via Dubai. This is pertaining my travel agent (Makemytrip.com) and Emirates' lack of responsiveness for cancelled flight during to COVID19. I have flow Emirates in past several times and generally the experience was alright. However, I was to fly to London for our summary vacation in May 2020 and Emirates has cancelled the tickets. And as per my travel agent (Makemytrip.com) they are refusing to provide me a refund. The reason is not given. The website has a poorly organized form that doesn't allow me to raise a complaint and couple of email IDs that I have written to, are unresponsive.
RouteDelhi to Stansted via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"Flight delayed for several hours"

Not Verified | Dubai to Moscow. Emirates is the worst airline in the world. Food onboard I have not seen worse. Flight delayed for several hours. Employees of the airline at the counter at Dubai Airport behave rudely, refuse to comply with international flight rules.
RouteDubai to Moscow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charge me for cancellation?"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I purchased two tickets for myself and my daughter in August 2019 and planned to travel to Paris via Dubai on 18th March 2020 and return on 3rd Apr from Nice. However, due to the current situation (Covid19) and lockdown in France, our trip was cancelled by Emirates and it also advised that all the flights are cancelled unless there was a valid reason to travel and we can send a request for refund and the refund will be within 2 weeks. I sent the refund form and request to be refunded and waited for almost 3 weeks but no response or refund came through. When I contacted Emirates on 6th April the sales representative said I will be charged if I request for refund. How silly and illogical is this? Emirates cancelled the trip and now it wants to charge me for cancellation? Why should I be charged for refund if the airline is cancelled the trip or whatever is the reason that it is not the passengers fault.
RouteBahrain to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"did not have any food on board"

Trip Verified | Travelling back from Mauritius to Zurich via Dubai on 24th March, the DXB-ZRH leg did not have any food on board. Only biscuits, chocolate bars , coffee and tea were served. Having complained directly to Emirates about this they denied that any report or complaint had been made to them about it.
RouteMauritius to Zurich via Dubai