China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1951 reviews

"seats on the plane are very comfortable"

(China)

Trip Verified | Although their flights decreased a lot due to the epidemic, it had no impact on their quality service. Maybe there are fewer flights and fewer people at the airport, but the staff at the check-in counter are more careful than before. Boarding is also very smooth. The seats on the plane are very comfortable. The greetings from the flight attendants make me feel great!
RouteGuangZhou to Tokyo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"service was very comprehensive"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Tokyo. Guangzhou is the headquarters of their company, so there are many self-service check-in equipment at the airport. Although they are unavailable due to the epidemic, their staff are very professional. The check-in counter does not have a long queuing time. The meals on the plane are simple, even it is only a four hour flight time, But the flight attendants provided me with blankets and slippers, the service was very comprehensive.
RouteGuangZhou to Tokyo

"professional ground staff"

Trip Verified | I booked flight tickets from Guangzhou to London 4 times with different airlines and all of them were canceled for different reasons. It's not easy to travel everywhere you want from China in the current situation. This was the fifth time I had bought a ticket to London and I was looking forward to my trip. But on the morning of the day of the flight, I received a call that I would not be able to board the flight due to capacity restrictions at London airport. During the following ten hours, I was told to wait for the phone call and someone would help me with this problem. I was really desperate until my friend suggested I go to the airport directly and ask the ground staff to see if there is a better solution. So I arrived at the airport 6 hours before my flight left. I talked to the check-in desk manager who talked to me so warm and very kind and my hope was relighted by him. After he knew my situation, he did not make me wait and just try to help me to find a way to get on the flight. He told me that if any other passenger cancel the trip, I could take place the seat of the flight as a standby passenger. And he kept my phone number and told me he would contact me as long as he get any news. Half an hour later, I went back to his counter and he told me that I was very lucky that a passenger canceled the ticket and I was able to get on the plane. Then he have done my boarding pass very soon and showed me where to go for security just within 5 minutes. I was so appreciative that everything this manager did. Now I have arrived in London and I am very grateful met such a professional ground staff. With his help, I saved time and plenty of money to rebook flight tickets.
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I appreciate the staff help"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Guangzhou to London on 14 September 2022. On the morning of 14 September, I received a call that my seat had been canceled. I was so angry and confused, so I went to the airport after I got the call. I arrived at the airport and spoke to the duty manager at the check-in desk. I was told that there were 4 passengers who have the same problem as me and he could help me to see if anyone cancel his seat before the departure so that I could get on the flight. I was so lucky that someone canceled the tickets and I successfully boarded the flight. I appreciate the staff help.
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"handled the upgrade at the counter"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | This is my first trip since covid-19. In order to make the trip more comfortable, I handled the upgrade at the counter. The price is very favorable. The staff are also very professional and they also provide a lounge. There are hot food and drinks in the lounge. The service, food and drink on board were also excellent. After arriving at Incheon Airport, the helpful staff came to talk with us and told me the entry precautions. There was no problem with customs and immigration.
RouteGuangzhou to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"comfortable with no surprise"

Trip Verified | The ground staff of China Southern Airlines was very friendly and helpful. They made the process nice and smooth for us from arriving at the airport to terminal. The check-in staff patiently clear instructions on where to go after passing security and all our check-in luggages were properly handled. We were on the second level on the aircraft and the journey in air was comfortable with no surprise.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"staff helped me with hospitality"

(China)

Trip Verified | Had some sampling time limit issues with my nucleic report, staff helped me with hospitality and contacted the Myanmar staff several times to make sure I will have a smooth inbound experience in Myanmar. thanks a lot.
RouteGuangzhou to Yangon

China Southern Airlines customer review

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | The travel information during the epidemic is quite complicated. I would like to thank the staff for helping me double-check the information to ensure this trip. In addition, taking this flight, you can clearly feel the seriousness of China Southern Airlines in epidemic prevention and control. It is commendable that the passengers can strictly enforce the safety distance of one meter during the queue and be very responsible to the passengers.
RouteGuangzhou to Phnom Penh
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"appreciated your sincere service"

(China)

Trip Verified | This is the first business trip after Covid to the USA, I have 2 luggage, and one is overweight and only charged to LA. But my next stop after LA is Chicago, and I asked the counter of China Southern Airlines. The staff advise me to leverage the luggage in case the trouble might raised in Chicago airport and helped me to issue the LA to Chicago ticket. Very appreciated your sincere service and wish you all the best.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2022

"has been a wonderful experience"

Not Verified | Flying with China Southern Airlines has been a wonderful experience, I had a last minute upgrade from economy class to business class at Baiyun airport and the staff are very helpful in the upgrading process. The VIP lounge for China Southern Airlines in Baiyun airport is one of the best lounges in China as they provide private washrooms so I can take a shower and refresh myself before the flight. The attendants on board are very welcoming and the facilities on plane is quite new. We landed on time without delays.
Date FlownAugust 2022

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review