China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1921 reviews

"Thanks to all the staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | My flight was from Shanghai to Los Angeles with a stopover in Guangzhou. At the airport, the ground staff reviewed the results of the nucleic acid test. The flight attendants in the section from Shanghai to Guangzhou were very careful and friendly. It was a trip with my father, since it was inconvenient for him to move, the flight attendants took the initiative to contact the wheelchair and carefully explained the transfer process in Guangzhou. In the second section, the meals were very simple because of the epidemic, but the flight attendants were very enthusiastic to help solve the passengers' problems. Thanks to all the staff to make my flight safe.
RouteShanghai to Los Angeles via Guangzhou

"A nice trip!"

(China)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to take the flight Guangzhou to Vancouver on June 9th and then transfer to AS Airline to Seattle. However, when I arrived at the check-in counter, I was told that I had not applied for ETA in Canada.  I was extremely anxious there and didn’t know what to do. The staff of China Southern Airlines told me they can help apply for me. He took 30 minutes to apply ETA . He is professional and I was lucky to get their help and finally on board. A nice trip!
RouteGuangzhou to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2021

"well looked after by the staff"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I traveled to Auckland with my wife, and we were well looked after by the staff, they provided extraordinary services from the moment we checked in from Guangzhou. Again, a big big thank to the China southern airline staff of their professional services.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2021

"thank all the airport staff"

Trip Verified | During this covid situation, everything is harder that usual. Really thank all the airport staff for helping me Especially the ground service, they are so patient and helping me to carry my heavy baggage. They control the situation for swab test and everything.
RouteSingapore to Guangzhou

"attentive crew service"

(China)

Trip Verified | Priority boarding service in departure airport, flight on time and attentive crew service. My little daughter and I got the flight CZ8102 from Narita to Guangzhou on 2 Jun, the A380 type seat is clean and comfortable, we got a great rest. Warm and polite ground service also keep well.
RouteTokyo Narita to Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2021

"ground staff were very helpful"

Trip Verified | I traveled to China in March. When arrived I had trouble with bag claim, the ground staff were very helpful. They were working hard on covid19 safety, like help to sanitize personal items and let everyone keep social distance.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"a thanks note after my quarantine"

(China)

Trip Verified | This is a thanks note after my quarantine. My two little babies and I got a wonderful trip from KUL to Guangzhou airport in March. The cabin crew paid attention on my babies and provide us a nice service. I would praise the ground staff which helped us from the aircraft to the quarantine hotel and assisted us with heavy luggage. No doubt that China Southern Airlines will be the top choice.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I am so grateful for all the staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou. For the first route, I got to the airport late, as it was the busy traffic hour in Shanghai. A staff gave an express pass, so I could make it to get onboard just in time. Cabin service was excellent. I was hungry, and a crew gave me some extra hot meal. The aircraft type was B787. WiFi was available, but it need to apply for it in advanced. Transit in Guangzhou was easy and efficient. My second flight was on time. It was quite a long journey, I am so grateful for all the staff who offered help and kindness during the epidemic situation. I think China Southern stuff did a really good job. Highly recommend.
RouteShanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"crew were friendly and patient"

(China)

Trip Verified | My flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou was delayed 3 hours due to the bad weather. Thanks to the staff, passengers were well-ordered during the delay. The cabin crew were friendly and patient answered my questions about the regulations of nucleic acid testing in Guangzhou. All cabin crew wore protective clothing throughout the whole journey from Guangzhou to Vancouver, so appreciated they were trying their best to keep us safe. We didn’t have WiFi service during the flight, I hope they can improve this next time.
RouteShanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"makes me feel at ease to fly in the epidemic"

(China)

Trip Verified | China Southern Airlines makes me feel at ease to fly in the epidemic. I flew to Jakarta from Beijing via Guangzhou. All passengers need to be one meter apart from each other when checking in and boarding, and there have staff to guide and maintain order. Before boarding, passengers with breathing valves will be reminded to change into ordinary masks without breathing valves. Hand disinfection is also required after boarding. This series of epidemic prevention work is really in place.
RouteBeijing to Jakarta via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review