China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1951 reviews

"I really enjoyed it"

(China)

Trip Verified | It is a nice flying experience with China Southern Airlines and I really enjoyed it. Crew members provide excellent services on the aircraft. Staff on the ground also provide great service.
RouteShijiazhuang to Sydney via Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2022

"excellent cabin service"

(China)

Trip Verified | A memorable flight with the A380. It's a pity that the A380 model is about to withdraw from market. They still keep this route during the epidemic, and this is my fifth time fly on this A380 from Guangzhou to Los Angeles in the past few years. The good boarding, excellent cabin service and comfortable seats left me a deep and warm impression.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"A nice travel experience"

Trip Verified | A nice travel experience. The flight attendants took adequate precautions during COVID-19, masks, protective suits, multiple temperature measurements, etc. Due to the epidemic, in-flight meals have been changed to snack packages, with a variety of snacks. The crew and airport staff was excellent.
RouteMelbourne to Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"The staff were so kind"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The staff were so kind when guiding us through the arrival procedures after i landed in Guangzhou. They carefully checked our entry info and guided us through the lines. it took some time for us to go through all the procedures, but i can feel their seriousness regarding the pandemic.
RouteBangkok to Guangzhou
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Thanks to all the staff that day"

(China)

Trip Verified | On the morning of December 8th I was taking flight CZ8101 to Tokyo. Due to a problem with the procedures, check-in is only possible at 8:00. At that time, the boarding channel was closed, and the staff opened the emergency channel and helped me through the customs quickly. I just caught up with the flight at the last moment. Thanks to all the staff that day.
RouteGuangzhou to Tokyo
Date FlownDecember 2021

"ridiculous for this intense process"

Trip Verified | My flight supposed departure time is Dec 7th 12:30 at noon. I arrived Guangzhou airport at 10AM. It took me too long time on check-in waiting line before departure. There is no notice board what passenger need to prepare for check in, except a reminder of China Customs Health Declaration Form. After 20-30 mins waiting, I came to check in counter and show every document requested to ground crew of airline (IPA-VISA, vaccination report, Covid-19 test results report, international travel health certificate, and SG airport PCR test reservation). Everything was fine except my COVID-19 test report, that was written by both English and Chinese and provided by formal hospital of Liaoning. However, it was refused as informal certificate. Then I showed my International Travel Health Certificate which was also not recognized as valid document. The clock went to 11:20 that time and ground crew requested me to ask a new COVID-19 report from hospital and find a printer to print every document out. The scene was a mess disaster that time. The time is tight, I was not informed the priority of doing all these things and i was unclear would those document use for boarding the airplane or enter SG customs. is that necessary to print all these out? At the final time, ground crew gave me a Declaimer Form to sign then they can allow me to board. I didn‘t print documents for tight time. My new COVID-19 test report (as requested it has my passport number and date of birth) came to me when I was on the flight before I arrived SG. However, the most dramatic scene is, SG customs didn’t look my new COVID-19 test report at all. They just checked my International Travel Health Certificate (e-version on my phone), then let me pass. I feel ridiculous for this intense process.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2021

"very grateful to the ground staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | I am very grateful to the ground staff of China Southern airlines. On the first day of the new vaccination policy in the United States, I did not have the English version of the vaccine report ready. The ground staff helped me download the English version of the vaccine certificate from the International Passenger Health Code. I appreciate it very much.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2021

"treat passengers with a warm smile"

(China)

Trip Verified | On time flight, competitive price and good cabin service provided us a comfortable and smooth flight from Singapore to Guangzhou. The cabin and ground service staff treat passengers with a warm smile. Must be praised that the elderly and children are given priority service for customs clearance.
RouteSingapore to Guangzhou
Date FlownNovember 2021

"My family and I are very thankful"

Trip Verified | I was back from France to China for vacations. It is the moment of COVID-19 and it was required to perform a PCR test within 72 hours before enter the airplane. However I forgot it. I was informed that I should change my ticket and I was upset about the fact that I couldn’t set off at time. It was when I don’t know what to do that Miss Xu asked me what happened. I explained that I didn’t perform the pcr test. They told me not panic and asked me if I have taken the two doses of vaccine. I said yes. They lead me to a person who was responsible for this issue. I was finally able to board the plane with my attestation for the vaccine. My family and I are very thankful for the whole thing.
RouteGuangzhou to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Thank the staff of China Southern Airlines"

(China)

Trip Verified | Xiamen to Auckland and transfers at Guangzhou. The transfer time in Guangzhou was up to 10 hours. I arrived in Guangzhou at 2 p.m. According to the ticket information, there are still 7 hours before the check-in time. There were only a few passengers waiting at the international check-in area . Just as I was waiting for the counter to open in the seat area, ground staff asked me if I needed to check in and led me to the counter for priority. The ground staff helped me fill in the health declaration and told me to pay attention to the boarding time. The service is still as excellent as before. Thank the staff of China Southern Airlines
RouteXiamen to Auckland via Guangzhou
Date FlownOctober 2021

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review