China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1940 reviews

"upgraded my cabin at a low price"

Trip Verified | The cabin crew is great. I am a student from China to study abroad, and the crew at the airport upgraded my cabin at a low price, which is pretty good. The services are wonderful not only at the airport but also on the plane. I’ll choose China Southern Airline the next time.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"an incredible journey"

Trip Verified | It's an incredible journey. Whether it's from getting a boarding pass to checking in your luggage or talking about the excellent service of the flight attendants on the plane, it makes you feel good. If there is a trip next time, I will continue to choose China Southern Airlines.
RouteGuangzhou to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I am very grateful for this"

Not Verified | I forgot my passport in my seat after the first leg from Chengdu to Guangzhou Airport due to my own negligence and only realised I had lost it when I arrived at the international counter to check in abroad. The staff were very attentive and patient in calming me down, and they were able to locate my passport and confirm that it was mine in just 20 minutes. As the cabin was about to close, the staff reduced the process to ensure that everything was normal, allowing me to successfully take my flight. I am very grateful for this.
RouteChengdu to Auckland via Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2022

"patiently helped us for nearly two hours"

(China)

Trip Verified | Our family took flight cz305 from Guangzhou to Auckland of New Zealand on the evening of April 30. Due to my personal negligence, I forgot to apply for an international travel health code. However, the ground staff who checked in our luggage that day patiently helped us for nearly two hours, and finally successfully boarded the plane. Here, I would like to thank the ground staff who helped us. Thank them so much!
RouteGuangZhou to Auckland
Date FlownMay 2022

"comfortable and happy on this flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | I would like to thank the crew and staff for their warm service, I felt very comfortable and happy on this flight. I arrived safely in Sydney on the 30th of March 2022. Everything went smoothly during the departure preparation process at Baiyun Airport such as check-in and baggage check-in. I was impressed by the seriousness and enthusiasm of the crew on this flight and would consider choosing China Southern Airlines again if I had the chance.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Very attentive staff at airport"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Very attentive staff at airport check in and the cabin staff. Exceptionally clean surroundings and up to date equipment for entertainment etc. Meal service was polite and quick with plenty of good, tasty food. I would happily fly this airline again and recommend it. I would like to thank the airport information worker who gave me vital information and advice about necessary travel preparations, and PRC test requirements before my journey, without her support, it would have been very stressful days.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland

"Amazing experience"

Trip Verified | Amazing experience. Not much expectation due to fly since we are still in Covid-19 period. Out of expectation very smooth along the journey. nice experience. I will recommend China Southern Airlines.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2022

"thank the staff of China Southern Airlines"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I would like to thank the staff of China Southern Airlines. I might have faced the problem of not being able to enter Thailand. When it was determined that there was a problem with my preparation materials, they actively communicated and tried to find a solution. Finally they contacted their colleagues in Thailand and with the help the Thai immigration office confirmed that I could leave for Thailand. The staff actively tried to find a solution, at the same time asking my colleagues in Thailand to communicate with the Thai immigration office, and through their efforts I successfully embarked on a flight to Thailand. I am very thankful for their help, patience and kindness.
RouteGuangzhou to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2022

"staff are hospitable and helpful"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Everything is good, staff are hospitable and helpful. Multiple kinds of food is provided on the airplane and it is delicious. But i don't know why they arranged the seats to let everyone sit close together.
RouteGuangzhou to Bangkok

"I really enjoyed it"

(China)

Trip Verified | It is a nice flying experience with China Southern Airlines and I really enjoyed it. Crew members provide excellent services on the aircraft. Staff on the ground also provide great service.
RouteShijiazhuang to Sydney via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review