China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1918 reviews

"it was an impressing trip"

Trip Verified | My flight was from Shanghai to Toronto, which needed to be transferred at Guangzhou. It was not a carefree journey at all to travel such a long distance especially during the pandemic, however, it turned out to be quite comfortable and relaxing. Guangzhou to Toronto the dinner was quite simple, which made it possible to have meals separately for the passengers. The cabin of 787 was comfortable and the crew member were so nice and careful that they treated me timely enough with warm water. All in all, it was an impressing trip.
RouteShanghai to Toronto via Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"friendly ground staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Really friendly ground staff. I needed to print out the Passenger locator form at about 11pm, all the stores were closed; took it to the staff there. He was really friendly, understood my need and printed it out for me. Saved my day really. The flight was also great, although the cabin was a bit too hot to my liking.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"staff helped me think of various ways"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I arrived at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport T2 at 18:30 on August 21, and I am going to fly to Auckland at 12:30 AM on the 22nd. When I went through the formalities, a staff member of China Southern Airlines found that my nucleic acid report did not have an ID number or passport number, which did not meet New Zealand's requirements for nucleic acid reports, which may cause New Zealand customs to refuse my entry. The staff helped me think of various ways and told me that there is a nucleic acid test point operating 24 hours a day in the airport T1 terminal, and a nucleic acid report can be issued within 2-3 hours. It was already 19:30, and there were only 5 hours left before my plane took off. I hurried to T1 and found the nucleic acid test site, but their last batch of specimens had been sent away at 18:30, and now I can only do nucleic acid reports. The report came out before 9 o'clock in the morning on the 22nd. I called the staff to explain the situation, and they suggested to me that the electronic version of the nucleic acid report is also available at 9 am on the 22nd. Because my plane only landed in Auckland at 11 am on the 22nd, it was in time.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2021

"the cabin now looks like out-time"

Trip Verified | Their flight accuracy is well, no one will be willing to delay for hours during the thunderstorm season. Their onboard service is delineable. I hope they can improve the passenger seats and equipment some day. Because the cabin now looks like out-time.
RouteNanchang to Guangzhou
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Thank the staff of Guangzhou Airport"

(China)

Trip Verified | Changsha to Amsterdam via Guangzhou. When I checked in at Changsha airport, the counter staff told me that the flight to Guangzhou was cancelled and I couldn't go through the connecting formalities, which forced me to buy another ticket to Guangzhou. After I finally got to Guangzhou airport, the check-in counter couldn't handle the formalities for me because of the ticket problem. Just as I was complaining about my bad trip, the ground staff helped me solve the problem of ticket. Finally, thanks to his help, I finally got my boarding pass and got on the plane smoothly. Thank the staff of Guangzhou Airport for their professionalism and enthusiasm.
RouteChangsha to Amsterdam via Guangzhou

"good cabin service"

(China)

Trip Verified | This is a relaxing and safe flight experience, clean cabin and good cabin service. We can get new movies and TV shows as entertainment during the flight. When landing at Guangzhou Airport, we have a sequence waiting number and clear entry instruction, then the ground staff assist us with one-to-one Custom information check services.
RouteMelbourne to Guangzhou

"It was a great flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | It was a great flight and the crew served me very good. After arriving Guangzhou, staff helpedme figure out how to file the code on my phone. She and the China Southern crew did a good job.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2021

"cabin service is not bad"

(China)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou, efficient and orderly check-in service, take off on time, cabin service is not bad, we can still get a bag of food and snacks and films as the Inflight entertainment during the Covid. Ground staff which met my husband and I at the aircraft upon deplaning, assisted us through the entry process in Guangzhou which made clearing the COVID protocols stress free.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"good protective / barrier measures"

Trip Verified | Great punctuality. Very good protective / barrier measures make the passenger feel safe / good comfort level. Arrival process in Guangzhou managed very efficiently
RouteParis to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2021

"flight attendant was very patient"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Because of the epidemic, my flight with other airline cancelled so I have to temporarily change to this flight. Ticket prices have not become unacceptable due the epidemic, certainly the price is not as cheap as low-cost airlines. The flight attendant was very patient, because I needed operate the health code. He helped me and answered my questions. The flight provides a meal, but if it goes more delicate will be perfect.
RouteJinghong to Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review