American Airlines

"experience was pretty good"

Trip Verified | This is the only real First Class service on domestic flights in the US. We started with a separate, dedicated check-in process at LAX which was private and attentive. The Flagship Lounge was good, but the First Class Dining facility at LAX was not open, which is unfortunate. The seats are very comfortable, similar to but appear to be more spacious than the international reverse herringbone seats on AA's 777-300ER. Foods are properly served plate-by-plate, but the taste are lacking; something that I am not surprised about AA. I hope they will pay more attention to catering. Staff are pleasant and accommodating, so the whole experience was pretty good.
AircraftA321T
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to New York
Date FlownAugust 2022

"did a fabulous job to help me"

Trip Verified | My original flight with Air Lingus was overbooked and I was denied boarding. I was told to contact American Airlines to join AA flight and AA representatives (Robert Galasso and Leona Holyk) did a fabulous job to help me to resolve my issue. Robert Galasso and Leona Holyk are great example of how the airline representatives should represent airline company. If the AA management is reading this review, please find more people for your team as Robert Galasso and Leona Holyk and AA will be successful way more.
RoutePhiladelphia to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Terrible in every aspect"

Trip Verified | I truly believe it’s the worst airline ever. I will never ever take an aa flight. It’s the second trip this year with them. First to the Caribbean, now to Europe. Both times the flights delayed. No answers, no one knows if you will be flying or not. This trip, flights DCA to PHL / PHL to DCA were done in really small airlines forcing the passengers to check the carry ons. With almost no notice so a lot of us had to carry our computers during the flight. They are terrible organizing seats. Most families were separated during check in, and recommended by the on land employees to switch places once in the plane. Terrible in every aspect. Finally, half of the crew is usually really rude.
RouteBarcelona to Washington via Philadelphia
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"wonderful service I received"

Trip Verified | Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful service I received. My flight from Charlotte to Phoenix (flight 727 on 9/18 at 1120am) was a wonderful experience. I normally have a bunch of anxiety when I fly but the trip was extremely smooth. The flight attendants were absolutely amazing, especially Skyler (didn’t catch his last name) and Tine Erickson. They were both extremely helpful and ensured I had a great flight. Would definitely travel with the airline again based on their service and personalities. Please pass on my accolades to both of them.
RouteCharlotte to Phoenix

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | I booked with American Airlines because I thought it was my best bet for safe and carefree travel. I could not have been more wrong. I was going on my honeymoon to Paris, Denmark and Italy and my entire trip was RUINED because American Airlines sent my bag to London, England instead of Paris, France. You would think with a location that close they would be able to send my luggage within a day- 2 days tops, .but after the 3rd day with no email or calls, we reached out to the airlines and it was still in London. (I also had a tracker in my luggage so I could tell when it moved and where it was) This would not have been such a big deal if we were not starting our trip attending a wedding at a very expensive hotel in Paris. When my husband and I called to check on the bag, they said it would not be sent in time for the wedding so I had to scramble last minute for a "fancy" dress- the one I found was nothing compared to the one I bought before the trip just for the wedding. We also were leaving the next day for Demark so after a 2nd phone call the customer service representative just recommended we went my luggage home to Florida since were were going to only be in Denmark for 3 days and then travelling to Venice. He did not think they would get the luggage to me in time and we were travelling too frequently. This meant I had to buy everything from shoes, pants, underwear, makeup, hair products, medications, new luggage etc which really ruined our honeymoon because we had to take so much time buying items. I should have been enjoying my honeymoon, not worrying about buying feminine products and shoes. Then on top of that I had to worry about saving my receipts to upload to your website so I can "possibly" get reimbursed? Worst experience ever, I will probably never fly American Airlines again.
RouteTampa to Paris via Philadelphia

"no hotel was provided"

Trip Verified | AA 1124 flight got delay it cause me to lose my connection flight AA 1246 on Sept 14, 2022 AA. agent told me in BAQ airport that she needed to re-schedule my connection because i was going to miss it - turn out AA 1246 got delayed as well and she had canceled my flight and rescheduled a new one for next day without providing me with further information. When I arrive to MIA to connect with my flight, I was unable to go inside because ticket was cancelled in BAQ airport. I went to customer service, no hotel was provided, no food was provided for passengers who came on time and have everything in order. I don't understand this treatment. i have to stay in MIA airport from 8:45 pm sept 14, 2022 to 6:30 am on Sept 15. I arrived to YYZ but baggage stayed in Miami.
RouteBarranquilla to Toronto via Miami
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"airline is less than desirable"

Not Verified | This airline is less than desirable. They delayed a flight that has been booked for months because they're unprepared. Plane maintenance? Run real fast in the next terminal. Are you for real? People pay money to go where they're going. They need to get there. That's a thing, a necessity. How about cognitive business thought from a multibillion shouldn't he an afterthought.
RouteKansas City to New Orleans via Austin
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I do not plan to travel with them again"

Not Verified | I flew with American Airlines in late July. I was coming home (Minneapolis) from a wedding in Buffalo. I had a layover in Chicago. I checked my flight information before getting to the airport. I had already been delayed by two hours. These things happen. I understand that. I went to the Buffalo airport to talk about my options. They told me they could get me to Chicago that night, give me a hotel voucher then fly me to D.C. in the morning then back to Minneapolis. I agreed. I waited and kept getting delayed for the Chicago flight. As I was getting ready to board, I checked my email. American canceled my hotel voucher. I went to the desk to figure out what was going on. The guy tried his best but couldn’t get his computer to do what we needed. I was told to get on the flight and they would fix it in Chicago. When I landed at O’Hare, I was directed to the wrong gate for help three times. When I finally found the correct and open help desk, they had to pull a manager in to figure out the computer. They printed a new hotel voucher and told me I was set. I started walking towards the bus area and decided to call the hotel to make sure everything was good. The hotel had no record of me or my voucher. At this point, enough time had passed that if I left to try to get a hotel room on my own, I’d only have about an hour to try to sleep before getting up and trying to get back to the airport and get through security again. It wasn’t worth it. I had to stay in the airport all night until I could get on my first flight home. I have never been so disappointed while flying. I reached out to American Airlines to talk about my experience. They offered me a $125 voucher for another flight. I do not believe this was worth what I went through. I do not plan to travel with them again.
RouteBuffalo to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2022

"It’s the disrespect for me"

Trip Verified | It’s the disrespect for me. Shortly before boarding, we were notified that the flight was full and some bags would need to be checked. I boarded in one of the final groups and expressed that I was concerned about checking my carry on. The attendant harshly responded “idk what to tell you. Everyone here is checking their bags. All I asked politely was if any passengers already boarded were willing to check their bags. Another agent said “We can find you another flight if you don’t.” Then a different travel agent explained the policy so I could clearly understand. As soon as I was compliant upon understanding the policy, another attendant insisted I board the plane now and threatened to not allow me to travel because I responded to her rude impatience. Due to the way I was approached, I did not have time to think to get my medication that I need daily and I am on a flight until the morning. It does nothing but look bad to view customers as problematic when they are concerned about safety matters with last minute changes. As for the policy: if a single woman is traveling abroad alone, the least you can do is let her have her bag.
RoutePhoenix to Philadelphia
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"the worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Worst travel experience I have ever had. I left for a work trip on Monday 09/12 from Boston and was supposed to land at Hilton Head Island at 5:30PM but the flight from Boston was delayed from landing which caused me to miss my flight from Charlotte NC to HHH (which was also last flight of the day). I had to be put on a flight to Savannah GA (which was delayed for an hour from taking off) then drive an hour to get to my hotel. I didn’t get to my hotel until 9:30 PM! A 4 hour difference! On the way home, flight from HHH to Washington DC was fine until we landed at 2PM and we weren’t able to exit the plane for an hour which caused me to miss my flight to Boston which left at 3PM. I was transferred to a 5PM flight which was also delayed until 5:42PM but didn’t even take off until 6:12PM. I was supposed to land in Boston at 4:30PM but didn’t actually land until 8PM! A 3.5 hour difference. I will never fly with AA again. It was my first and last time. Literally the worst travel experience I ever had.
RouteBoston to Hilton Head Island via Charlotte