WOW air

"worst airline I have ever flown on"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Berlin via Keflavik. This is hands down the worst airline I have ever flown on, and I travel a lot. They charge for everything , even for water. The staff are brisk to rude. The service at the airport is a mess. The baggage policy (you basically pay for everything) is misleading and abusive. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable. No blankets or pillows are offered on all night flights. No food. Avoid this airline unless you want to feel like you're riding in a crowded city bus, trapped in the air, with no amenities.
RouteLos Angeles to Berlin via Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"worst airline I've ever flown"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Dublin via Keflavik. The worst airline I've ever flown. I purchased the ticket because of the stop over in Iceland. I could have flown Los Angeles to Dublin nonstop for the same price on Ethiopian. WOW air is bare bones. No TVs or entertainment, no wifi or electrical plugins for ipads, no leg room, the $17 sandwich and tea could have been prepared by my 4 year old niece. My aisle seat was not available so I had to fly in a middle seat for the 8 hour flight. I"m 6'1" and always get an aisle. No apologies from the staff or attempt to swap seats.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteLos Angeles to Dublin via Keflavik

"Worst airline ever"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Paris via Keflavik. Worst airline ever. They cancel flights and don't let you know until last minute. They give you terrible seats even when you pay for premium seats. The staff is generally nice but inexperienced and the aircraft is dirty. No food. No entertainment. Horrible airline.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris via Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"staff were rude and evasive"

Verified Review | Baltimore to Paris via Reykjavik with WOW air. We were sent a text 4 hours before our flight departure time that the second leg of our flight was overbooked and asking for volunteers and offering compensation. One hour later we received a text that our flight was cancelled. When we called, we were routed to a call center in India. After waiting 30 minutes on hold and then speaking to two different people, we were told the passengers to Paris were "offloaded" because the Paris leg was overbooked. The staff were rude and evasive. Contrary to EU rules they would not offer us passage on another flight except for 2 seats 2 days later. At the call center they would not confirm whether our entire flight was cancelled, which the text stated, or if just the two of us were "offloaded". By reading the reviews and looking at our experience it is apparent their business model is to seriously overbook and then obstruct communication with any staff to basically leave you with extremely limited options
RouteBaltimore to Paris via Rekyavik
Date FlownApril 2017

"look forward to using them again"

Verified Review | I can't fault my flight from Keflavik to Amsterdam with WOW air. I had some of the best legroom I've had for no additional cost, as it was just a regular seat not an exit row, and was also sat next to my partner for no additional cost. Boarding was quick and we arrived in Amsterdam 35 minutes early! Staff were extremely friendly and I look forward to using them again!
AircraftA330-300
RouteKeflavik to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2017

"multiple staff was rude"

Verified Review | Keflavik to Boston. One customer service staff rude. We brought a carry on one received a purple ticket on flight over. Customer service staff ripped it off on way back without warning. When the bag clearly fit the dimensions she claimed the wheel was sticking out too much and they charged 3x the price to check in the bag. My girlfriend and I separately booked our flights. They would not move us together at check in (the only reason we even needed to get in line when they removed the bag tag.) Overall I would not write a review for this but multiple staff was rude and had negative tone. More training on customer service needed in Iceland. Experience was good in United States.
RouteKeflavik to Boston

"seat wouldn't recline"

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Miami via Keflavik. Attendant refused me water with a breastfeeding child. Pizza was awful, seat wouldn't recline. Booking did not mention baggage fees, and didn't have any option to add baggage during purchase. Then after paying £50 to add my bag, WOW air lost my bag. 10 days now and they still haven't found it! This was their first Miami flight, and owner and friends were partying loudly on plane. Lights were only dimmed at 1am Iceland time, whole plane was very restless since it was difficult to sleep with lights on full, and many sleepless children were crying. Also no inflight entertainment, not even shared overhead screens. I've taken many cheaper flights with AirBerlin and Norwegian, and had full amenities + fee disclosures.
RouteEdinburgh to Miami via Keflavik

WOW air customer review

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Los Angeles via Keflavik. After 4 hours of waiting WOW cancelled our flight due to "technical difficulties" they sent us all to a hotel for one night and told us to call there 1-800 number to rebook. They would not issue an immediate refun. We were told they would pay hotel until they could arrange a new flight. Upon arrival the hotel stated that was not true it was for one night. No one would answer their 1-800 number to reschedule. When they finally answered they said there was no flight for one week. Pretty much everyone had to get a new flight on another airline at there own cost. From what I see online WOW isn't refunding costs when they cancelled flights. Passengers also already paid a hefty baggage fee which should be refunded immediately. They left a plane full of people stranded and the few staff that were there were rude and unhelpful. They said they couldn't do a thing and gave us all a phone number to call.
RouteParis CDG to Los Angeles

"a sad experience"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Reykjavik to Amsterdam with WOW air. I was denied boarding on WW442 flight at 0605 because the plane was to small to fit all passengers. I had to take another flight (WW444) which was sheduled at 1200 which was also delayed. Eventually I boarded the at 1900, so I waited more than 13h at the airport and only got 4 vouchers of 1500ISK which doesn't get you a lot of food. It was a sad experience to say the least. Despite being told WOW air would follow up, it has been 6-months and I haven't heard anything.
RouteReykjavik to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2016

"best transatlantic flight"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Amsterdam via Keflavik. A great flight with an outstanding crew. This has been my best transatlantic flight. Shout out to the entire crew. Made the 9 hour flight seem like 30 minutes.
RouteLos Angeles to Amsterdam via Keflavik